PDA

View Full Version : Substitute Teachers

Rye
10-28-2005, 11:26 AM
Please tell us your best story that has to do with a substitute teacher? xD Everyone has a ton of these. :)

Old Manus
10-28-2005, 11:33 AM
Usually the fake names hilarity

Blackmageboi
10-28-2005, 11:34 AM
in the last week we have put a wide load sticker in a subs behind, my friend had a universal remote and kept changing the channel and the volume whilst the video was on, a subs teeth fell out whilst shouting at us and a friend managed to sit through an entire german class instead of being in spanish.

Zeldy
10-28-2005, 12:29 PM
Ive got yelled at by a Maths Subsititue. He threatened to call my Parents if i got out my Magazine again and he told me to Shut up.

I also say 'HELLO DAVE' to some subs

Primus Inter Pares
10-28-2005, 12:38 PM
Well, everytime a teacher tries to say my name there's some fun to be had. :cool:

TheAbominatrix
10-28-2005, 12:39 PM
It was nothing anyone did to the sub in my story... but it's my favorite story.

My freshman year there was a notoriously evil sub named Mr Blankenship, who'd been a teacher at the school when my dad had attended. The first time he subbed for my class I was in biology. Out of nowhere I hear him say "Ms. Mugley, could you come up here please?". I think I'm in some sort of trouble, and I go up there... he stares at me a minute and then asks "Are you Dennis Mugley's daughter?" "Um... yes sir." and then his tone completly changed. He became nice. Downright sweet "How nice to meet you Ms. Mugley. You can sit down now."

From then on everytime I had him I got away with murder. He heaped detentions and lectures upon every one who so much as talked out of turn. But I did whatever I wanted and he never said a word to me. Ever. So finally I asked my dad about him.

"Oh, Blankenship? Yeah I hadnt been back from Nam for long when I my sister comes home upset that she'd caught him looking up her skirt. So I went down there on my motorcycle, slammed the guy against the wall, and told him I'd (editted for strong content) if he ever so much as looked at my sister again."

So he was scared to death of my father for a good 30 years, so much so that he treated me like gold due to a fear that he'd incur my father's wrath.

I love my dad xD

Meat Puppet
10-28-2005, 12:54 PM
you don't have to do the homework they set

SammieBabe
10-28-2005, 12:57 PM
That is awesome Abominatrix.....

I had a sub in 11th grade English whom I had gone on a date with. In my defense, he was only 18 and had just graduated the year before from another local high school. I had met him through a friend of mine's boyfriend (they were best friends). We went out once and I told him that it wasn't gonna work, so don't bother me anymore. He called me a few times after that but they trailed off. He picked on me for everything that day, and kept making snide comments in front of the class. So I went home, told my Dad, and Dad called the county and he never worked at my school again.

Resha
10-28-2005, 12:57 PM
you don't have to do the homework they set

He speaks true. He knows, this man. He knows.

fire_of_avalon
10-28-2005, 01:38 PM
There was this sub we had who made us call him Wild Bill. He drank lots of coffee. Lots. Of. Coffee. He was pretty crazy. I don't have any stories, though.

Mittopotahis
10-28-2005, 01:44 PM
Well, there is this teacher in our school called Mr. Brkich, possibly the meanest teacher in the school, but none-the-less a good teacher. Anyway, currently he has a student teacher from university training. Anyway, it was the first day that he was going to teach the class, and before he got there (he was running a bit late) Mr Brkich told the class to make him feel like a real bad teacher, just as a joke. It was so funny. People kept on getting out of their seats without permission, saying they had to get something out/put somthing in their bags repeatedly. One of them kept on drawing in their artbook, and when the student teacher confiscated it, they walked up and took it from his desk. One of the students argued against everything he said, one of them got up and drew on the whiteboard in the middle of class. It was great :D

Parker
10-28-2005, 01:49 PM
We had a Welsh sub with a speech impediment, she prounounced Rs as a sort of G.
"Do you like The Times, The Mail, The Sun or The Miggor?"

My part of a Wales has a very "screw it" attitude to learning Welsh, so all Welsh teachers take a lot of flak from us.

Jack
10-28-2005, 02:51 PM
I was thrown out a lesson and they tried to put me in a detention for asking for the subsitute teachers name.

eestlinc
10-28-2005, 03:17 PM
had this sub in high school who was big and fat and walked with a cane and when she wanted the class's attention she would bang her cane on the desk.

theundeadhero
10-28-2005, 03:43 PM
I can't remember that far back, whippersnappers.

Spiffing Cheese
10-28-2005, 03:47 PM
There's this nutty supply in my school called Mr. Lias, and he's a total freak. He has eyebrows that stick out about two centimetres from his head. I don't have a story, but everything he does is hilarious.

Shoden
10-28-2005, 03:58 PM
We could avoid doing work all lesson by asking him about a certan animal of his! XD.

Tasura
10-28-2005, 04:15 PM
I had a crazy sun in grade 8, he threw desks and chairs at people, yet he somehow managed to keep his job

DarknessFromAbove
10-28-2005, 04:22 PM
one time, I had this sub, and these two girls and myself (there was only three girls in the class) spent the entire period talking very loudly about womens rights and the history of prostitution . . . I have no idea why, that was my favorite sub ever ^_^

Kamiko
10-28-2005, 07:26 PM
I kind of... sleep or zone out during sub classes.
Well, one time, it was so great, we got an English Major for our Algebra class.
xD
She had NO lesson plan or anything so we just goofed off all period.

Miriel
10-28-2005, 07:31 PM
I had a substitute my Senior year who had also been our waiter at Red Lobster the night before. So on Sunday night, this guy is recommending the lobster spinach dip, singing a capella songs for us, and giving us free alcoholic beverages (and all of us being 18 at the time). Then on Monday he's telling us to quiet down and do our assignment for that day.

Freakin' bizarre.

Also, one of the substitutes I had for AP U.S. History was a complete hippie who spent the entire time talking about how many times a day you should be taking a crap (twice) and how much water you need to drink in order for that crap to have a healthy consistency. She was swell.

Rye
10-28-2005, 07:49 PM
It was nothing anyone did to the sub in my story... but it's my favorite story.

My freshman year there was a notoriously evil sub named Mr Blankenship, who'd been a teacher at the school when my dad had attended. The first time he subbed for my class I was in biology. Out of nowhere I hear him say "Ms. Mugley, could you come up here please?". I think I'm in some sort of trouble, and I go up there... he stares at me a minute and then asks "Are you Dennis Mugley's daughter?" "Um... yes sir." and then his tone completly changed. He became nice. Downright sweet "How nice to meet you Ms. Mugley. You can sit down now."

From then on everytime I had him I got away with murder. He heaped detentions and lectures upon every one who so much as talked out of turn. But I did whatever I wanted and he never said a word to me. Ever. So finally I asked my dad about him.

"Oh, Blankenship? Yeah I hadnt been back from Nam for long when I my sister comes home upset that she'd caught him looking up her skirt. So I went down there on my motorcycle, slammed the guy against the wall, and told him I'd (editted for strong content) if he ever so much as looked at my sister again."

So he was scared to death of my father for a good 30 years, so much so that he treated me like gold due to a fear that he'd incur my father's wrath.

I love my dad xD

Best. story. ever. xD

I don't have too many great sub stories, it's the old misbehaving and taking advantage of the sub routine. I did have this one cool sub who told us how to get free burgers at Burger King and how his coach at Uni/collage was an old coach from the NY Yankees and how he got out of the army by wearing braces. xD

Venom
10-28-2005, 07:50 PM
I was so bad in class with my sub, everytime she would say something i would go "no you didnt!" and i did that enough to make her swear and throgh an eraser at me.

Tasura
10-28-2005, 08:31 PM
my actual english teacher through pencils at people, and the french teacher talked about his trip to MExico constantly

Old Manus
10-28-2005, 08:33 PM
and told him I'd (editted for strong content) if he ever so much as looked at my sister again."

have sex with him?

Venom
10-28-2005, 08:34 PM
My french teacher was so easy to piss off. She sent me to the office once because i screamed "france is gay" and then she gave me a detention for laughing after she sent me to the office. I liked my french teacher, why did she have to quit?

Shoeberto
10-28-2005, 09:06 PM
I hear that if you kill a substitute teacher, no one will ever find out about it...but then you end up becoming a substitute teacher yourself!

Heed my warning!

TheAbominatrix
10-28-2005, 09:16 PM
have sex with him?

I do believe it had to do with insertion, but not of that variety.

Sorry to crush your hopes :skull2:

Mitch
10-28-2005, 09:18 PM
I told him my name was Meat Puppet and he cried.

Shlup
10-28-2005, 09:50 PM
The only sub story I can think of is about the long-term sub we had for language arts in 11th grade after our teacher had a nervous breakdown. Cid was in that class with me.

Our sub was hot, he let us call him by his first name, and many of the female students had intentions towards him. That is my story.

Venom
10-28-2005, 09:52 PM
ya didnt piss him off or anything..............tch lame.

Strider
10-28-2005, 10:11 PM
There was this one really smokin' hot gal that subbed for my AP English class back in junior year of high school. We spent the entire 90 minutes of class trying to figure out her other, more full time, profession. She was also a flight attendant. Oh, yes.

Anaisa
10-29-2005, 11:25 AM
There was a substitute teacher who was teaching our drama class I took some pennies somebody had and thew them at her everytime she turned her back ,then everyone else started giving me all their pennies they had to throw at her. But she had already been forewarned about me as all the teachers were so she just figured it would be me and told me to get out but this was after some time of enduring being hit by flying coins!Then we had her for an art class and i painted all over the back of her clothes she didn't notice during the class but im sure she had a nice surprise when she got home.:D

Destai
10-29-2005, 01:12 PM
Normally we just talk or do homework but when a sub tries to set actual work for my class they tend to regret it. I Like it when they do this in sicence because it usually involves misreading alot of words orgasm/organisms for example.

Rye
10-29-2005, 03:06 PM
Oh man, I have one now. :)

Last year, my English teacher went on maternity leave, so we got a long term sub. Everything was great for a few months, until he just randomly dissapeared for weeks. NO ONE knew where he was, not even his Mom, who he lived with. Weird. xD He never came back.

tastetherainbow
10-29-2005, 03:20 PM
My subs bugged me.I had one who always drew the words "haste makes waste" on the board and kept on going "ya know haste makes waste....".Yeah,we can see it on the board :eep: .

Venom
10-29-2005, 03:26 PM
I always get sent to the office by my subs......cause every sub we get is a half brained dickhead.

rubah
10-29-2005, 08:18 PM
Substitute teachers are often silly and don't understand particular classroom dynamics.

The worst substitute I've ever had was Mr. Shipley. We were watching our afternoon television in third grade, and one boy turned over a desk. I forget if it was on purpose or accidental, but the entire class got assigned a twenty five word essay on something or other. We wouldn't learn how to write essays for another two years, so that was a bit of a problem. I think most of us decided not to do it-- I think the school got quite a few calls over that incident xD

The best I ever had was two years from then. Mrs. Turnbow turned out to live in the pretty doll-looking house my bus went past every morning. Our teacher was out because his wife was having her baby, and she taught us many things, including songs both relating to grammar and to her Christian band.

I have never seen either of these people since, though.

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
10-29-2005, 08:37 PM
Well in my school the subs are extremly disrespected.
Like one day when i was in 6th grade my teacher had to leave class for two months and the sub we got was so disrespected those two months she quit.Everyday we would have paper ball fights,throw things while she was talking and one day a boy in my class yelled she was wearing a thong in spanish (since i live in a community where everyone speaks spanish) just because she bent down to pick up a piece of paper.I felt bad because she even understood it.Even though i was part of it i felt bad when she quit.But now her evil mother works in my school :mad:

lulusgirl
10-29-2005, 08:40 PM
it was april fool's day and we had this sub. and we got this one guy to mis-behave so that when she went to have a talk with him, we could re-arange the classroom.but it was in the morning so she didn't notice. but she had the hardest time trying to fugure stuff out. and every hour, we would get the same guy to do something differant so that we could mess the room up again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
it was fun ^_^

Slothy
10-29-2005, 09:12 PM
The only really interesting one I have involved my Grade 11 history class. It was a level 1 history class as they called it, more challenging than level 2, and you get more consideration for it when applying to Universities. Well, after a month or two, the regular teacher just up and dissapears. None of us know where he went, and no one else seemed to know either (he's not dead though since I saw him at my University a couple of years ago). They brought in a guy to take over the classes for the year, and since the original teacher left no lesson plan at all, the guy taught our class the same way he taught the level 2 history classes. We basically got an easier class, while still getting the extra credit with the Universities. Worked out well I'd say.

The only other story I have involved a student teacher in grade 11 Biology. There's nothing really funny or interesting that happened, but she was hot as hell, and I can guarentee I've never payed as much attention in class as when she taught.

Alive-Cat
10-29-2005, 09:17 PM
Once we had a substitute teacher and we all made her feel wellcome, and I gave her an apple, and stayed after class and told her what a good teacher she was, and said
"I hope you get a more perminant teaching job, God knows you deserve it" and then we hugged and she cried, then I left and had lunch.;)

Monster Hunt
10-30-2005, 04:32 AM
I like substitute teachers because they let you off swearing! Not that I like swearing... If you want to know the story, you're better off asking Loza.