PDA

View Full Version : diffrence between pc and ps1 versions ?

asukaevaunit02
10-28-2005, 03:00 PM
whats the diffrence betwenn ff7 on pc compared to ps1. i have pc version and im a little dissapointed with the graphics, and controls it doesnt feel right is there really any major diffrences between pc and ps1

thanx

DarkLord
10-28-2005, 04:00 PM
different controls and slightly better graphics is all I can think of, but then, I don't have it.

Hugomand
10-28-2005, 04:30 PM
The graphics and the music is different on the 2 platforms. I prefer PLAYSTATION! :)

Meat Puppet
10-28-2005, 04:47 PM
On playstation Cloud says: "Off course!"
whereas on PC cloud say: "Of course!"

Skyblade
10-28-2005, 04:51 PM
On playstation Cloud says: "Off course!"
whereas on PC cloud say: "Of course!"

That wasn't the only line that was changed. Actually, a lot of the lines were changed, to fix slight translation errors, typos, etc.

Dinnova
10-28-2005, 04:58 PM
maby he was realy was off course:confused:

Mirage
10-28-2005, 08:44 PM
The PC version has better grammar and worse controls. When it comes to graphics, only 3D models look better, the backgrounds are still in a
crappy resolution. The sound is different, but it's arguable which is better.

Sephitachi7
10-31-2005, 05:32 AM
I beg to differ, I owned the FFVII PC Version first, and I preferred the controls on there, rather than the Playstation controller. You can do everything one-handed because it is all in the numpad, which is not the case in the Playstation.

Also I believe they fixed the w-item replication glitch because it never worked for me on the PC one.

Neco Arc
10-31-2005, 01:10 PM
i dunno about that... i also have the pc version but w-item glitch works fine for me otherwise it would take so long lving up with magic pots when having limited elixers

Fire_Emblem776
10-31-2005, 05:21 PM
the pc version is more rare and expensive....

Captain Maxx Power
10-31-2005, 05:56 PM
I beg to differ, I owned the FFVII PC Version first, and I preferred the controls on there, rather than the Playstation controller. You can do everything one-handed because it is all in the numpad, which is not the case in the Playstation.

Also I believe they fixed the w-item replication glitch because it never worked for me on the PC one.

W-Item glitch is still very much in effect.

Sephitachi7
10-31-2005, 06:07 PM
Wow, I guess I just never did it right. I beat emerald, ruby, and got max stats for my chocobos without it, took way too long though.

Sefie1999AD
10-31-2005, 07:51 PM
W-Item trick still worked on my PC version. Yeah, PC version has a slightly better script since some typos and errors have been fixed. Other than that, the 3D-animated characters look better in the PC, but the backgrounds look better on PSX, and due to pixelation caused by zooming 320*240 FMVs to 640*480 screen, PC's FMVs look horrible whereas they look a lot better on the PSX. To get best of both worlds in terms of graphics, I play FFVII PSX with ePSXe. You'll get the 3D-animated characters, PSX quality backgrounds, normal FMV quality and 1024*768 resolution or better, with hardly any quality loss. Not bad. :)

PSX version also has better music quality, the songs sound just like in the soundtrack. In PC, it's low-quality midi. The Yamaha synthesizer that comes with the game enhances the music a bit, but it still isn't PSX quality. And you won't get the choir for One-Winged Angel. Actually, to those who have an SB Live sound card (like me), there are Soundfonts that let you use some of the midi instruments and sounds used in PSX (including the choir in OWA), but the Soundfonts still aren't up to the musical quality of the PSX version.

Sephitachi7
11-19-2005, 10:32 PM
hmm, I didn't know that about the PC version.