PDA

View Full Version : MY GAME!

DynasticJam
10-28-2005, 09:54 PM
I am working on an FPS title soon to be made, hopefully completed in 2006! I've got the storyline, but I havent got a name, I'm gonna make the music, the models, level design and practically everything. Anyway tell me what you think of this...

The year is 2079 and technology has advanced at an ever increasing rate, now people believe that science is the only reliable approach to finding out how life began in the universe. NASA has built an enormous space station called The Colossus where scientists work with research to try and figure out more about the universe. During research the scientists found fragments of meteor that had been travelling through space for billions of years, whilst examining the fragments of meteor the scientists found a microscopic extraterrestrial, the life form was taken into the lab for further experiments, but then disaster struck. The alien life form mutated and killed all the scientists and is now on the loose somewhere in the space station. However one of the scientists managed to raise the alarm before being killed. All of the scientists were evacuated and the space commandos were sent in to search and destroy the alien, but what they did not know was that the alien life form had reproduced, and now the whole space station was invaded by aliens. All of the space commandos were killed, apart from one. You play as Karl Edwards, sole survivor of the space commandos, with no hope of escape you decide to go on and kill as many aliens as you can and defeat the Mother Alien before once and for all.

Traitorfish
10-28-2005, 10:30 PM
Well, the plot isn't bad, but it's kind of generic. It really sounded like it was simply a reason to put SuperMegaCommmandoMan and the aliens in the same room.
Plus, you could do with a bit of renaming. If it's 2079, NASA may be a bit of an out-dated name. If space travel is supposedly freqeunt, then there would be many orgamistaions that undertook it, so NASA would be a bit of a dumb name. And 'Sapce Commandos' sounds dumb. I now Games Workshop got Space Marines and Aliens got Colonial Marines, but you'll have to think of something better than Space Commandos.

Shoeberto
10-28-2005, 10:42 PM
Wrong forum :)

Are you writing your own engine, or are you using a premade one? Do you have any idea on what kind of art style you're going with? Any other info you can give us?

Psychotic
10-28-2005, 11:04 PM
I sincerely hope it does not contain any crates or exploding barrels.

JaytodaP
10-28-2005, 11:12 PM
Make it so that the aliens use super teleporting powers and they take you to their special planet or something. Or you could go Turok style and have 5 hour levels.

Traitorfish
10-28-2005, 11:23 PM
I don't know about 5 hour levels, but if you're gonna rip off Turok's poisoned arrows, napalm and that cool drill bee shooting thingy, then I'll buy your game!

Spammerman
10-28-2005, 11:44 PM
cool idea. It sort of reminds me of area 51 though.

Dreddz
10-28-2005, 11:56 PM
not being mean, but that story aint that original, sounds like that game Run Like Hell imo.............

DynasticJam
10-29-2005, 08:52 AM
Well I've posted it on a real game makers forum and they seem to give me some very good feedback, so I'll stick with it! It's my first game! So it's not going to be origional, NOTHING is origional! And by the way, I couldn't think of anything else apart from space comandos, but I will probably change it!

Necronopticous
10-29-2005, 09:11 AM
NOTHING is origional!http://electroplankton.com/

Crop
10-29-2005, 10:56 AM
I am working on an FPS title soon to be made, hopefully completed in 2006! I've got the storyline, but I havent got a name, I'm gonna make the music, the models, level design and practically everything. Anyway tell me what you think of this...

The year is 2079 and technology has advanced at an ever increasing rate, now people believe that science is the only reliable approach to finding out how life began in the universe. NASA has built an enormous space station called The Colossus where scientists work with research to try and figure out more about the universe. During research the scientists found fragments of meteor that had been travelling through space for billions of years, whilst examining the fragments of meteor the scientists found a microscopic extraterrestrial, the life form was taken into the lab for further experiments, but then disaster struck. The alien life form mutated and killed all the scientists and is now on the loose somewhere in the space station. However one of the scientists managed to raise the alarm before being killed. All of the scientists were evacuated and the space commandos were sent in to search and destroy the alien, but what they did not know was that the alien life form had reproduced, and now the whole space station was invaded by aliens. All of the space commandos were killed, apart from one. You play as Karl Edwards, sole survivor of the space commandos, with no hope of escape you decide to go on and kill as many aliens as you can and defeat the Mother Alien before once and for all.

So the game is just going around killing aliens? No offence but it sounds rather boring. You should put some other characters in it, not everyone dead.

DynasticJam
10-29-2005, 11:05 AM
So the game is just going around killing aliens? No offence but it sounds rather boring. You should put some other characters in it, not everyone dead.

Listen now, I am no professional gamemaker! Okay, I dont know how to make big movie scenes! I am only limited to what I can do! Look at doom! I like doom, and all that is, is going around killing monsters! I dont find it boring! Well you'll just have to wait and see because I am going to proove you wrong!

Traitorfish
10-29-2005, 11:19 PM
Err... DOOM? Have you ever heard of that? It's an FPS not an RPG< it doens't need to be all chatty. Actually, chatty FPSs are annoying, like the opening section of Doom 3.
Though I agree the idea is unoriginal, if not actually boring.

JaytodaP
10-30-2005, 01:48 AM
you got some screen shots

DynasticJam
10-30-2005, 08:38 AM
Not yet, I'm going to make all the music first and all the models, and the level layouts, hopefully after that I can get some screenshots.

Crop
10-30-2005, 08:56 AM
Err... DOOM? Have you ever heard of that? It's an FPS not an RPG< it doens't need to be all chatty. Actually, chatty FPSs are annoying, like the opening section of Doom 3.
Though I agree the idea is unoriginal, if not actually boring.

Yes ive heard of doom, I didnt like it that much. It was an ok game though.

Old Manus
10-30-2005, 11:17 AM
It's quiet

Too quiet

DynasticJam
10-30-2005, 11:37 AM
Too, too quiet