PDA

View Full Version : ff7 riddles

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

gyaku_zuki
03-20-2006, 06:07 PM
Rain?

It really wouldn't change the story, and it has more than one form, such as snow, which is chilling. It also appears at a few points throughout the game...

IpwnUthisMuch|------|
03-20-2006, 06:09 PM
is dextrous refferring to the dexterity stat? like could it be speed plus materia or something?

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
03-20-2006, 08:46 PM
apologies for being so vague bout the materia thing, i jus get real analytical :D keep it real!? . . . (what!?)

cna i presume the old corpses shell is aeris, or maybe seto, or bugenhagen

musenji
03-20-2006, 10:52 PM
Shucks, only a couple minutes right now...

I can see how the last line might make you think of Great Gospel, but not particularly the first line. Interesting.

Not rain, that was my last riddle. :) Really, it was. Does it appear throughout the game? Send me a PM, cause part of my riddle was that it never appears in ff7 (besides maybe when you summon Odin), but does in ff6 and 8. Anyway...

No, dextrous is the traditional dictionary...oh. Looks like it has a couple dictionary meanings. Well, I mean "good or quick with one's hands."

No, the corpse isn't Aeris, Seto, or Bugenhagen. I might say more when I get back tonight, but keep thinking! Ya'll sound like you're starting to hone in.

IpwnUthisMuch|------|
03-21-2006, 12:00 AM
ummm??? Cloud's Swords? The way im looking they fit well... mebbe not argh this is tuff

musenji
03-21-2006, 03:11 AM
Not cloud's swords. I'll add that it's not any type of weapon. And to oblige d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x from earlier (and TheGoldenChocobo more recently), it's not a materia either.

(edited) There have been some good guesses so far (one that fits almost all of the riddle)...but none of the guesses so far are close to the nature of the answer.

(additional edit): d£v!l'$, I just looked up "corpse"...I probably ought to tell you that the corpse is/was not of a human or other sentient life form.

TheGoldenChocobo
03-21-2006, 01:38 PM
For some reason 'an old corpses shell' makes me think of the city of the ancients... ... anywhere near?

musenji
03-21-2006, 02:06 PM
No, the corpse was of a real living thing.

Has this riddle been going too long? Let me know... If you want to solve it, it'll stay. If people say they'd rather move on, but a couple really wanna solve it, I'd be willing to correspond individually.

TheGoldenChocobo
03-21-2006, 02:10 PM
maybe another clue...? :confused:

musenji
03-21-2006, 02:32 PM
Gotta wait till some others have a chance to see the hints I just posted, first. I added them pretty late last night.

abrojtm
03-21-2006, 04:17 PM
Could it be the submarine?

musenji
03-21-2006, 05:43 PM
no, "vehicles you use" was already guessed, and that's one of them. There are also a few other things that conflict with that answer.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
03-21-2006, 05:57 PM
highwind?

musenji
03-21-2006, 06:32 PM
....??? I just said vehicles were already guessed (though perhaps you just missed that last post). Highwind was also guessed, by name. If you're going to answer, please make sure your answer has not already been given. There's a list of incorrect guesses, near the top of this page, along with the re-posted riddle. There are also hints given in that post, at least one of which contradicts highwind... Some people guessed things after that; please check those too.

If no one gets it by the end of today (10 and a half hours from now, by my clock), I'll probably take down the riddle and give the floor to someone else; I don't know who yet.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
03-21-2006, 07:04 PM
tiny bronco

BG-57
03-21-2006, 07:56 PM
Does the corpse's shell refer to the dinosaur skull in Bone village?

musenji
03-21-2006, 10:54 PM
No, it doesn't.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
03-22-2006, 12:22 AM
Typhoon? (I'm thinking something in the Ancient Forest)

abrojtm
03-22-2006, 12:25 AM
Ancient Forest makes ok sense. You can find it by land (mountain chocobo), or later by air (highwind).

musenji
03-22-2006, 02:29 AM
Right, except that Sephiroth summoning Meteor doesn't keep you from accessing it by land (line 2), it's never there after an escape by rope (line 3), it doesn't (necessarily) fit line 4, and you don't use it to get a "divine" power (line 8).

The answer really does have to fit every line...

Divine power means the power that you use the answer to get is "divinely named".

BG-57 (and anyone else trying to unlock the last line): I ought to say that "corpse's shell" is perhaps misleading. It's a man-made thing--a shell made from a corpse.

Masamune·1600
03-22-2006, 04:32 AM
I'll guess that the answer is the water from the hot spring in Great Glacier.

Find me by land, or much later by sky
When doom is at hand, the first option will die.

Great Glacier is first reached by an extended overland trek to Icicle Inn, followed by the snowboarding sequence, followed by the actual navigation of Great Glacier. Obtaining the Highwind at least eliminates the inital trek.

Twice I'm there when you've escaped via rope;
Once while unconscious and regaining hope.

Extended exposure in Great Glacier leads to "unconsciousness," although "hope is regained" after resting at Holzoff's house.

It should be noted, I've more than one form--
Sometimes I'm chilling, but usually I'm warm.

A reference to encountering Snow. Without water, "chilling" applies, although actually having warmed one's hands will enrage Snow.

If you are dextrous, then carry me well
To coax divine pow'r from an old corpse's shell.

Carrying the warmth to Snow will initiate the fight. After defeating her, you will receive Alexander materia (from her "corpse"). Alexander employs the "divine" power--Judgment.

I know this goes against the hints already given, but I thought a little analysis might at least get us closer.

musenji
03-22-2006, 04:55 AM
Great Glacier is first reached by an extended overland trek to Icicle Inn, followed by the snowboarding sequence, followed by the actual navigation of Great Glacier. Obtaining the Highwind at least eliminates the inital trek.
Okay, but having obtained the highwind, it's still possible to make that trek by land, right? I'm saying after you have the Highwind--when Meteor has been summoned--the answer is no longer accessible by land.

Extended exposure in Great Glacier leads to "unconsciousness," although "hope is regained" after resting at Holzoff's house.
Line 4 refers specifically to when Tifa and Cloud are working together to regain hope in Cloud's subconscious "dream world."

..I had forgotten about Snow..last time I played, I missed Alexander completely. However, Alexander's attack, which I believe is Holy Judgment, is definitely a "divine" power that you acquire. Nice logic overall, keep thinking!

(looks like I'll let this go a bit longer)

BG-57
03-22-2006, 03:23 PM
Is the answer related to the Northern Crater? There's an overland route that gets cut off and you can only reach it by airship.

Also there's a bony staircase in the right path. Dragon Zombies on the path can teach Pandora's Box.

Parts of the paths to it are cold (the glacier) and parts are hot (the hot springs).

Dell
03-22-2006, 03:46 PM
Gold Saucer? Midgar?Whirlwind Maze?

BG-57
03-22-2006, 07:23 PM
If it's not related to the Northern Crater, then the mission back to Shinra HQ would be my second guess, since the party parachutes in the second time.

musenji
03-22-2006, 10:07 PM
Not any of those things.

Vivi, I already said it wasn't a place.

BG, it's not related to the Northern Crater (aside from the fact that line 2 refers to Meteor, and the NC is where it's cast). Not Midgar in the way you were thinking, either. But both of the rope escapes refer to Midgar.

Like I said, "corpse's shell" is a bit misleading. "Shell made from a corpse" would be more appropriate, but it wouldn't rhyme. And that doesn't refer to the use of Mako to create Midgar, though that fits quite well (since it slowly turns the planet into a corpse). The life form was already dead before someone made the shell.

EDIT: There are two direct clues to what type of thing the answer is in the riddle; however, one is a pun, and the other will probably make you think the answer is an entirely different type of thing (in fact, I'm sure it already has).

Bart's Friend Milhouse
03-22-2006, 11:26 PM
vincents coffin (coffin room)

musenji
03-23-2006, 02:28 AM
Could you explain the answer a bit?

EDIT: Okay, he's in London, so he's probably asleep by now, so I'll say that that's not the right answer, in the interest of time. I really would appreciate some explanation with a person's answer. If the answer isn't correct, then the explanation will get me to give more information, and it will probably get some new ideas out there.

It did seem like his thought might have lead somewhere, but I don't know why he gave that answer.

IpwnUthisMuch|------|
03-23-2006, 04:24 AM
this is driving me crazy i have no idea could u plz reveal the answer sometime soon im very curious...

-N-
03-23-2006, 04:52 AM
disqualified :\

musenji
03-23-2006, 05:02 AM
K, I'll say it again: The last two lines are the key to the whole thing (and especially line 8). If you figure out what they mean, the rest is likely to be a snap.

Go back, read those two lines (read line 8 four times :)), then look at the recent posts about the whole "corpse's shell" business. That should give you a kickstart.

IpwnUthisMuch|------|
03-23-2006, 05:18 AM
I've read the riddle like 20x and i have no idea... and i thought i woudl do well because i played through and beat the entire game a few days ago... this is driving me crazy

musenji
03-23-2006, 05:32 AM
k, but stop reading/thinking about the whole riddle, just follow the instructions in my previous post.

IpwnUthisMuch|------|
03-23-2006, 05:40 AM
i did and i still have no idea... oh well ill just check back later and see if someone has gotten it

musenji
03-23-2006, 08:27 AM
K, the divine power is a limit break....

Twilight Edge
03-23-2006, 08:30 AM
Mythril?You need it to get Great Gospel right?Gospel means something like divine,I'm sure about this.

-N-
03-23-2006, 08:39 AM
Time to make a post on what I'm thinking.

I've been puzzling over 'divine power' - could it be a limit break?
A shell made from an old corpse - pianos are made from ivory, which is found in the skeletons of whales or something. Guess where Final Heaven is found?

I don't think that fits with verse 1 very well - Great Gospel fits that better, for obvious reasons.

Neither of these fit well with verses 2 or 3 - except verse 3 alludes to different forms, and these L4 items do have different forms for different people.

This leads me to believe that the answer is "limit breaks" in general. Fits line 7 - you must be dexterous or skilled. Verse 2 is the anomaly here.

Skip if right, please - I'll be out for the weekend. Thanks for the PM and the opportunity to reminisce about the old thread, musenji. :D

edit: oh.

musenji
03-23-2006, 08:39 AM
Sorry, Mythril's not the answer...you're thinking in the right way about the power, though.

EDIT: Neel, the power itself is not the answer; the answer is the narrator of the riddle. You're very close.

EDIT 2: Looks like Neel's gone, so whoever wants to shoot a barreled fish :), please give as full of an explanation as you can.

Dell
03-23-2006, 01:10 PM
this is hard. All Creation?

You can reach Wutai by Tiny Bronco but you must use Highwind to go for it after Meteor's summoned. that's weird cause you can arrive to these place with chocobo.

Wutai is reachable when you escaped Shinra. About second line, I don't know anything cause Wutai does not related to Lifestream.

EDIT: Yuffie and Rikku look alike, you think?

Yuffie probably. Yuffie have good and bad expression. She's chilling sometimes but she's warm (I don't think she look warm).

This girl fast. You get a choice to get her into the party, if you get you can activate certain bad event. Old corpse's shell maybe is the pagoda? All Creation name look like divine name.

So ALL CREATION.:cool:

Twilight Edge
03-23-2006, 01:16 PM
Very complete explanation.But I don't think that All Creation has anything to do with divine stuff.

Dell
03-23-2006, 01:23 PM
I think All Creation name seems to have divine stuff in it.

musenji
03-23-2006, 02:27 PM
Thank you for explaining, Vivi--but it's not the answer. Did you read my response to Neel With A Bat?

Regarding your explanation for line 3: the answer isn't just available after the two rope escapes, it's there. Not far away at all.

I believe you were right about one thing: All Creation is a "divine" power, at least in most religions. The ability to create all of existence is reserved for the divine, assuming that you believe existence was created. I don't remember the actual limit break's effects, but what matters in this riddle is the name of the power, not the contents.

Dell
03-23-2006, 02:54 PM
I really can't think much, I have not play this game for a year, I don't know much now, so, can you give another hint?

Princess Guard?Venus Gospel?
is it related to Aeris?

musenji
03-23-2006, 02:57 PM
Not related to Aeris...no more hints, but I'll send ya a pm.

Edit, 7 hours later: Wow! I really thought someone would've got it by now...Neel With A Bat was on the right track, very close to the answer. He just answered what the divine power was, instead of the narrator (read line 7 to figure out the narrator's relation to the divine power).

VorpalCyberWolf
03-23-2006, 10:04 PM

Is it Mythril? Before Meteor, you can get it from the sleeping man with the buggy, but after you have to use Highwind. The Dextrous armor shop maker can use the Mythril well, and he gives you Final Gospel when you trade it to him.

The second set of lines throws me off a little, but it could have to do with the other things you get from the sleeping man. Ice ring/Bolt ring right?

musenji
03-23-2006, 10:51 PM
I'm surprised you saw the note about the limit break, but not the other "mythril" guess. So...it's been guessed already--not the right answer.

Still, nice thinking.

VorpalCyberWolf
03-23-2006, 11:28 PM
I'm surprised you saw the note about the limit break, but not the other "mythril" guess. So...it's been guessed already--not the right answer.

Still, nice thinking.

Yeah.. well I just looked at this thread for the first time today, so I only kinda skimmed everything ><

(EDIT: Think I figured it out though.

Is it the piano itself?

musenji
03-24-2006, 02:36 AM
Not the piano--you're so close on the train of thought, though. Re-read lines 1-6, that might help.

Masamune·1600
03-24-2006, 03:01 AM
I believe the answer is music, or more specifically the Highwind Theme.

After Meteor appears, the Highwind theme can only be heard while actually flying it. It could, however, be heard previously.

It applies to these instances, that is the two rope escapes and the Lifestream incident.

The tone or form of the music can change. Usually, it's "warm."

Playing the piano (as previously revealed, the "old corpse's shell) skillfully (or at least accurately) will "coax" forth the divine power, Final Heaven.

Strife87
03-24-2006, 03:34 AM
wow masamune... thats some extreme logic there :eek: me and bro tried for 20 mins trying to figure out what it was and couldnt find out lol I think you got it :D

musenji
03-24-2006, 04:36 AM
Masamune gets it! The answer is, more precisely, the melody (or motif?) from the main theme (also used in Highwind). Here is the line-by-line:

Of course it plays when you’re walking around (“FFVII Main Theme”), or flying (“Highwind Takes to the Skies”). However, it doesn’t play while flying around until you get Cloud back, hence the “much later by sky.” (You can hear it inside the airship, I know.)

Once Meteor has been summoned, the main theme doesn’t play “by land.”

The first time is after the Sector 7 plate crash. It plays “On That Day, 5 Years Ago” in the scene immediately following--where Barret’s losing it and shooting at random. The second time is after the motorbike chase, when you use a rope to descend from the highway (“Holding my Thoughts in my Heart”).

“Who Am I," the final variation on the motif, plays when Tifa and Cloud are in Cloud's "dream world".

Five, in fact, as you can see above. :) Also, "noted" is a pun about the nature of the answer.

“Who am I?” can easily be considered chilling. Warm refers to the normal melody in major, which is what you hear most of the time.

I’m sure you’ve all heard the phrase “to carry a tune”? :D Yeah..not an object. In order to carry a tune well on piano, you have to be dextrous (good with your fingers).

To coax divine pow'r from an old corpse's shell

…To get Tifa’s ultimate limit break, Final Heaven, from the piano in her house. The “shell” part of a piano is traditionally made of wood (much like a witch ;)), so of course the “old corpse” is a dead tree.

I know that some of the riddle was misleading, but just imagine if I'd replaced the word "find" (in the first line) with the word "hear." You'd get it in a snap! Of course, misleading you with the word "carry" was intentional.

Masamune's got the next one!

Masamune·1600
03-24-2006, 04:40 AM
Cool. Nice riddle, musenji. :p

Anyway, here's the next one.

I am a peculiar kind of justice
Although some might see me as nothing more than Revenge
Old Testament, even; fairness in punishment,
And just as contemptuous of magic.

Fit only for commons, unworthy of a King
The kind applied roughly in dark alleys
With malicious intent, and more force than before.

What am I?

Dell
03-24-2006, 05:02 AM
Ultima?

Justice? maybe Cloud and the party fight for the justice of their planet.
Ruby counterattack-ULTIMA
it's kind of old in Corel and good for attaking
It's a magic

See above
people of Corel use it, they're commoner and maybe Rufus is the king
Dark Alley maybe represent Mt. Corel
Can't really think of last line.

If it not ULTIMA, maybe Vincent?

Masamune·1600
03-24-2006, 05:11 AM
The answer is neither Ultima nor Vincent.

musenji
03-24-2006, 05:49 AM
Counter Attack materia?

>>>I am a peculiar kind of justice
>>>Although some might see me as nothing more than Revenge
>>>Old Testament, even; fairness in punishment,
>>>And just as contemptuous of magic.

In the OT (heh), "Eye for an Eye" was given as fair justice. A counterattack, which is non-magical, is the same sort of idea; however the HP hit amounts won't be exactly the same...

>>>I am a peculiar kind of justice
>>>Fit only for commons, unworthy of a King

Shoot...I was hoping you'd find it in slums, or Corel, but you find it in Mt. Nibel or the Gold Saucer (the latter certainly fits "King" more than "commons").

>>>The kind applied roughly in dark alleys
>>>With malicious intent, and more force than before.

Escalation of conflict often comes with counterattacks.

Masamune·1600
03-24-2006, 06:01 AM
The answer is not Counterattack materia, although that's a good reading and you're thinking the right way.

The Old Testament line indeed invokes the "eye for an eye" idea, which is critical to the riddle.

The "more force than before" is a comparison between the stanzas; it does not refer wholly to the second one.

Randgris
03-24-2006, 07:26 AM
Jersey or the ???? enemy skill (they look like weighing scales, which is the common symbol for justice. ???? is not really magic, is it :confused:)

Dell
03-24-2006, 12:59 PM
is it materia or another?
Is it in the Support or Independent?

I think it's magic materia, Gravity.

VorpalCyberWolf
03-24-2006, 06:47 PM
Masamune gets it! The answer is, more precisely, the melody (or motif?) from the main theme (also used in Highwind).

Man... After I put down Piano I started thinking about it like "Maybe it's the melody... " I was gonna guess that next when you told me I was wrong XD.

(EDIT: )

Now for Masamune's,

Odin?

Masamune·1600
03-25-2006, 12:18 AM
Seikon-Shoukougun is correct with ????. However, try to limit yourself to one guess per post in the future. From this point on, I'll only count initial guesses.

The explanation is as follows.

Each stanza addresses an enemy that can use ????. Only two such enemies, Jersey and Behemoth, exist.

A reference to both the Jersey enemy and the fact that there is a kind of literal justice to ????--it deals the same amount of damage the caster has suffered.

In FFVI, ???? was called Revenge.

A reference to an idea that recurs throughout the Pentateuch; "an eye for an eye." This literally applies here, as the caster inflicts damage equal to that endured.

"Magic" is frowned upon in the Bible. The Jersey enemy (to which this stanza is applied) can switch between physical immunity and magical immunity. ???? is only used when Jersey is immune to magic.

The second stanza revolves around the Behemoth enemy.

The equal damage idea seen before.

Only "common" Behemoths use ????. King Behemoths do not have this ability.

A reference to Midgar, where Behemoths are encountered.

Given that a Behemoth has more HP than a Jersey, the potential damage of ???? is much higher (hence, "more force").

Anyway, you're up Seikon.

-N-
03-26-2006, 10:06 AM
Masamune gets it! The answer is, more precisely, the melody (or motif?) from the main theme (also used in Highwind). Here is the line-by-line:Haha, well done! I recall our connection clearly now, musenji. :)

musenji
03-27-2006, 01:07 AM
Well, it has been over 48 hours since Masamune declared Seikon's answer to be correct. In several riddle threads I have seen, if the guesser has not posted a new riddle after a specified amount of time, whoever wishes to post one may do so. There is no such rule listed in this thread, but I will post a small riddle to get things going again. If Seikon comes and posts a riddle, then I'll stop taking guesses for mine. Either way, we'll go from there.

And if I'm out of line, well...I'll find out soon enough. Here's the riddle:

Pay your dues to be set free
From boundaries of monotony

What does this refer to?

Dell
03-27-2006, 02:25 AM
musenji, add some more line. By the way, is it GoldenPoint at Gold Saucer?

musenji
03-27-2006, 03:31 AM
No...what's GoldenPoint? GP? I'll come up with two more lines as fast as I can.

EDIT: Okay, I came up with some more. I think it's not too hard now.

Pay your dues--I'll set you free
From boundaries of monotony;
And danger I will help you to surmount.

Raise or lower the standard fee,
Rewards will change accordingly;
But careful not to bankrupt your account!

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
03-27-2006, 10:29 AM
cloud escaping the dessert dungeon by chocobo racing?

musenji
03-27-2006, 11:48 AM
No, but that answer does fit the first two lines.

Dell
03-27-2006, 02:00 PM
is it chocobo races in gold saucer on your breeding chocobo mission?

musenji
03-27-2006, 02:52 PM
No, but I'm sensing a theme here. :) The answer has nothing to do with the Gold Saucer.

EDIT: Or chocobos.

gyaku_zuki
03-27-2006, 05:08 PM
Ok, im not sure here, but could it be Fort Condor?

It seems to fit, its different to the rest of the game (boundaries of monotony)
It requires cash, and the more cash you spend, the more units you can create in it.

Just a shot in the dark.

musenji
03-27-2006, 06:22 PM
Nope, not Fort Condor. But for a shot in the dark, that was pretty carefully aimed. :) Nice thinking.

This may be a bad riddle, as there are many situations where you "pay more" to "get more." It's a general rule of economy. That being the case, I'll tell you this much:

The payment is not referring to Gil.

BG-57
03-27-2006, 06:41 PM
For some reason I'm thinking along the lines of Cloud's cross-dressing subquest in Wall Market.

Is it the squat thrust competition? You get different wigs depending on how well you do.

musenji
03-27-2006, 07:10 PM
No, sorry. "Pay your dues" is intransitive; you're not paying the dues to anybody. You don't owe the payment, and you technically don't "give" it, either--it just happens sometimes.

Scorpster
03-28-2006, 01:52 AM
Is it the act of spending MP to cast spells?

musenji
03-28-2006, 02:22 AM
Nope. You're very close, though.

EDIT: I've decided this is still a bad riddle. If someone wishes to post a new riddle, he/she may do so...or y'all can continue with this one (since the answer's not far off).

TheSpoonyBard
03-28-2006, 07:13 PM
Is it the Exit materia, and the use of Escape and Remove?

Pay your dues--I'll set you free (Use MP to cast Escape, setting you free from battle)
From boundaries of monotony; (See above)
And danger I will help you to surmount. (Remove, the other spell, eliminate the enemies)

Raise or lower the standard fee, (Standard fee being the MP cost. Escape requires 16 MP, Remove needs 99)
Rewards will change accordingly; (You get EXP from Remove but nothing from Escape? Not sure about this line)
But careful not to bankrupt your account! (Account being the MP gauge. Remove is quite costly)

musenji
03-28-2006, 09:00 PM
Oops. No, it's not that. Very nice thinking, but Scorpster was closer, in a way. When I said "you're very close" what I really meant was that he was the closest so far, but not that he should get more specific. His answer was at the right level of particularity/generality--it just wasn't the right type of thing.

Scorpster
03-28-2006, 09:17 PM
Then is it just materia itself?

musenji
03-28-2006, 10:22 PM
No, what I mean by "not the right type of thing" is that the answer doesn't relate to magic.

Bowser
03-28-2006, 10:59 PM
Betting on chocobo racing? I don't think that's exactly been guessed yet..

TheSpoonyBard
03-28-2006, 11:18 PM
Expending MP in the calling of a summon?

musenji
03-29-2006, 02:37 AM
I said the following in previous posts: "The answer has nothing to do with the Gold Saucer....Or chocobos....the answer doesn't relate to magic."

Perhaps that last was not general enough. The answer has nothing to do with the use of MP or materia. Scorpster was close, simply because the answer does relate to fighting enemies.

Strife87
03-29-2006, 03:05 AM
Is it the skill Coin? because i know the more u throw the more dmg it does.. u have to pay to do it.. but u dont wanna throw ALL YOUR money to massive dmg in 1 battle...because then your bankrupt...

The rewards that change accordingly? More you throw the more dmg u get and faster u kill but nothing for later.... Less you throw do lil dmg but u got money FOR later to spend

Doesnt relate to chocobos, its not technically "magic", and nothing to do with gold saucer. Doesnt require any MP to use... but it is a materia so not sure it fits when u said not use of MP OR Materia.

musenji
03-29-2006, 03:12 AM
Nope, I did mean what I said about materia. Nice thinking though (and thanks for confirming that you did see what I said :)). Another hint: "pay" does not relate to money in any way. There's another way that word is used. Think cliche angry dialogue.

Strife87
03-29-2006, 03:23 AM
Wow... this 1 is definately a toughy :cry:

ehhh... mind if i ask 4 1 more hint? lol i only got 2 things to go by i know for sure to put together with riddle...relates to fighting enemies....and "pay" isnt GP,MP, OR Gil. kinda hard to solve with just 2 things. :(

The 2nd half of riddle has me STUMPED i cant think of anything to fit it.

Zeromus_X
03-29-2006, 03:52 AM
Pay your dues--I'll set you free
From boundaries of monotony;
And danger I will help you to surmount.

Raise or lower the standard fee,
Rewards will change accordingly;
But careful not to bankrupt your account!

Um..well, I've thought of alot of vague things, neither of which I think would be the right answer.

First thought: Sephy's HP count? "Pay him back" for what he's done, he is the final boss and main antagonist.It can be altered, but if you use KOR and have maxed-out characters, it can be too much. You can lower his HP total a little by killing the head. Meh. You'd 'pay' for making him too tough, I suppose, and you can 'lower' it in the sense that you can lower it a little. Hmm...

Second: I would say paying for the soldiers at Fort Condor, but you've already said it has nothing to do with Gil, so...:cat:

Third: Digging at Bone Village? I guess that costs Gil..

Meh. :cat:

musenji
03-29-2006, 03:59 AM
Think of an alternate meaning for the word pay, along with the fact that you never cause the payment directly. It just happens. Sometimes you plan for it to happen, however.

EDIT: Hi Zeromus, didn't see ya there! Your interpretation of "pay" is closer to the intended meaning.

The answer is simple, but I can see how the elimination of all those things makes it seem like it must be complicated. The difficulty lies in the fact that you have to think in a different way about a common thing. And like I've said, maybe the riddle needs work.

EDIT 2: Forgot to mention, there's a pun in the riddle on part of the answer's name.

EDIT 3: Another hint. In relation to fighting enemies, what can be thought of as monotonous?

Scorpster
03-30-2006, 01:08 AM
You know, the only thing I can think of when you say "it happens randomly, but sometimes you plan it" is the lucky 7's thing, when you get all sevens for your health...but that doesn't seem like it would be it. :cry:

musenji
03-30-2006, 02:25 AM
Well, I didn't say it happens randomly. What I meant by "just happens" was that it's not something you choose to do in battle. You can, however, choose to let it happen.

Zeromus_X
03-30-2006, 02:29 AM
Oh! Is it the Shinra guards? You can 'pay' by fighting them, even though they aren't too tough. (The ones after you get off the elevator.) However, you can go 'bankrupt' by fighting so many times that you actually kill them. :cat: ( It happened to me, I sucked at dodging their sight.)

Or maybe it has something to do with the submarine guards? You can choose to kill them, or not.

These are just thoughts though...:cat:

musenji
03-30-2006, 03:33 AM
No, sorry...I'm gonna give the answer now. Limit breaks.

Pay your dues-- (take damage to fill the meter, which you can't do yourself--enemies have to hit you)

I'll set you free
From boundaries of monotony; (set free from boundaries=pun on "limit break", monotony=repeated normal attacks, which the occasional limit break will interrupt)

And danger I will help you to surmount. (self-explanatory)

Raise or lower the standard fee, (set different break levels, requiring more or less damage)
Rewards will change accordingly; (you'll get stronger or weaker breaks)
But careful not to bankrupt your account! (if you run out of HP, your meter goes empty)

The floor's open for anyone who has a riddle.

Strife87
03-30-2006, 04:13 AM
Where i am few have gone,
To call on me your in despair.
My enemy though is very tough,
Only I can defeat this foe.
If you try you'll surely fail,
For that again only I prevail.

To me this is a TO easy dunno bout yall though.

Wont be on till tomorrow to check answers sry :eep:

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
03-30-2006, 07:00 PM
of course u think its easy, u know the answer :D

i'm gona go with holy, the "where" is the north cave where sephiroth is constricting it

Strife87
03-30-2006, 09:32 PM
Yes the answer was holy :p
just in case u wanted to know rest of riddle..

Where i am few have gone (northern crater of course)
To call on me your in despair (When meteor is summoned the world is in despair/peril)
My enemy though is very tough, (Nothing can defeat meteor as shinra tried with rocket which failed)
Only i can defeat this foe. (Only holy could defeat it, though it did require help from lifestream)
If you try you'll surely fail. (See answer to line 3)
For that again only I prevail. (See answer line 4)

The "where" does give away though :P

your up d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x

Sephiroth1112
03-31-2006, 02:19 AM
LIFE STREAM! LOL sorry im new...

Sephiroth1112
03-31-2006, 02:20 PM
im stronger than i look
im crazy over many things
i help you out of a jam

who am i?

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
03-31-2006, 02:22 PM
hehe! nice riddle S87.

where creatures live in harmony
you obtain an all slaying strength, ironically
hidden under a canopy from light
find thrice the strength for your might

it's a where by the way

Twilight Edge
03-31-2006, 02:57 PM
Ancient Forest?

Strife87
03-31-2006, 10:01 PM
Is it the sleeping forest just through bone village?

not sure if theres creatures there but it is in a harmonious area.. everythings peaceful and quiet.

You obtain the kajata materia there.. is that the all slaying strength?

Hidden under a Canopy from light... ur in a FOREST and the top layer in a forest is the canopy isnt it? always pretty dark in forests.

find thrice the strength for your might... thrice means "three times"... referring back to Kajata... hits em with fire ice and lightning dmg doesnt it? normally round 3k dmg when u first get.

Dell
04-01-2006, 02:50 AM
Gongaga? Cosmo Canyon?

About Sephiroth1112 riddles, maybe Sephiroth?

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
04-01-2006, 06:52 PM
OD was right, it's ancient forest, around cosmo canyon

where creatures live in harmony <-- find frogs and flies pretty much leavin eachotha alone until u interfere
you obtain an all slaying strength, ironically <-- slash all materia
hidden under a canopy from light <-- in a forest, the canopy being the leaves
find thrice the strength for your might <-- apocalypse, giving u triple growth per battle

your go omnislasher draco! :D

zellv2
04-01-2006, 09:50 PM
wow this topic of mine is still goin after months WOOT! keep at it all

Twilight Edge
04-02-2006, 01:48 AM
Find me by sea
Or find me by air
Regradless how well you fare
The latter never bares.

Some of me are reached easily
Though still you need to do better
For I'm far better than the others
So......be patient.

Easy.it's a what and a where.

TheSpoonyBard
04-02-2006, 03:08 AM
Is Huge Materia one half of it?

Twilight Edge
04-02-2006, 03:24 AM
Way off.

gyaku_zuki
04-02-2006, 11:03 AM
I have a weird feeling its one of the 'secret' materia like Mime, KOTR.
So the where would be one of the caves...

And KOTR is better than the others!

Dell
04-02-2006, 02:11 PM
Weapons?

gyaku_zuki
04-02-2006, 04:59 PM
weapons does sound good... better than mine!

Project G
04-02-2006, 09:46 PM
The Materia caves that hold Underwater etc

zellv2
04-02-2006, 09:53 PM
sounds about right

Twilight Edge
04-03-2006, 08:06 AM
Can anyone give me a specific answer?

Vivi123
04-03-2006, 01:29 PM
Ultima Weapon?

Sephiroth1112
04-03-2006, 02:16 PM
draco is it the temple of the ancients?

Twilight Edge
04-03-2006, 02:31 PM
No.

Sephiroth1112
04-03-2006, 02:39 PM
hey... someone else on lol is it the chocobo sage's house

(p.s. sorry im an lol freak ill cut back... hopefully)

Twilight Edge
04-03-2006, 02:53 PM
Waaaayyyyyy off.Want a tip?

Dell
04-03-2006, 03:03 PM
yeah! is it a limit break?

Twilight Edge
04-03-2006, 03:10 PM
No.The tip is the gyaku-zuki path.

Dell
04-03-2006, 05:41 PM
breeding a chocobo and finding a chocobo?

BG-57
04-03-2006, 07:20 PM
I'm guessing Round Island and Knights of the Round materia.

Clawsze
04-03-2006, 10:46 PM
Ultimate Weapon?

Sephiroth1112
04-03-2006, 11:03 PM
umm... 'somthing to do with the snow mountain?

Clawsze
04-03-2006, 11:09 PM
Weapons

Twilight Edge
04-04-2006, 09:46 AM
BG-57 is correct.

Find me by sea---the gold chocobo to cross the ocean

Or find me by air---the highwind for flying

Regardless how well you fare
The latter never bares.---latter means the second one,you can't find it by highwind,the second way.

Some of me are reached easily---you don't need a gold chocobo to reach some materia caves

Though still you need to do better---breed a gold chocobo,it's better than regular ones

For I'm far better than the others---KOTR's always better,no?

So......be patient.---Have patience when you do this for it's not what you can do immediately.

NGU
04-04-2006, 11:18 AM
um was that ur previous riddle so if so my riddle is

Speeding bullet...
ravenous claws...
thunderous fists...
burning fangs...

BG-57
04-04-2006, 12:06 PM
Ultimalord, since you're new, I should explain that it's the person who guesses the last riddle correctly who gets to post the next one. So technically it's my turn.

However, if you guess my riddle correctly, you can post yours next. Welcome to EoFF. :)

This was not meant to be
Make a choice and then
Try again, but renege
To increase your larder

Sephiroth1112
04-04-2006, 02:12 PM
-.- i have no frigin clue..

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
04-04-2006, 02:19 PM
obtinging the large materia from the rocket?

Twilight Edge
04-04-2006, 03:12 PM
Larder?The hell's that?

Dell
04-04-2006, 04:42 PM
something to do with date? choice to date Tifa, Aeris, Yuffie and Barret?

BG-57
04-04-2006, 05:03 PM
It's not the huge materia or the Gold Saucer date.

Larder is a space for storage.

Sephiroth1112
04-04-2006, 08:24 PM
its got to have something to do with a chioce i know that... hmm.. is it 6the don coreno thing?

Clawsze
04-05-2006, 09:19 AM
HINT!:confused:

gyaku_zuki
04-05-2006, 10:15 AM
I have a feeling its the Midgar mayor in the ShinRa HQ. :D

BG-57
04-05-2006, 12:05 PM
It's not Don Corneo or Domino.

Hint: You can only make these choices during battles.

TheSpoonyBard
04-05-2006, 12:42 PM
Duplicating items with W-Item?

Sephiroth1112
04-05-2006, 02:16 PM
running head first into a battle without any idea whats in store? LOL (sorry i had to laugh)

BG-57
04-05-2006, 02:30 PM
Shockingly, Endless Twilight is correct. ;)

The answer is duplicating items using the W-Item glitch.

Your turn.

Sephiroth1112
04-05-2006, 02:40 PM
grr....

TheSpoonyBard
04-06-2006, 10:31 AM
A reward for destruction,
Chaos caused quickly.
My purpose is to remove the outer coating
And to criticise with a sting.

What am I?

Sephiroth1112
04-06-2006, 02:14 PM
Meteor?
meh.. wild guess.. lol thats what i think it is anyway..

TheSpoonyBard
04-06-2006, 02:17 PM
I edited it to hopefully make it a bit clearer. It's not Meteor.

Dell
04-06-2006, 02:22 PM
Shadow Flare?

TheSpoonyBard
04-06-2006, 02:24 PM
Nope.

Sephiroth1112
04-06-2006, 02:25 PM
Black Materia!

Dell
04-06-2006, 02:26 PM
is it Weapons? If so, I think it is Ruby Weapon, right?

zellv2
04-06-2006, 03:51 PM
sounds good

TheSpoonyBard
04-06-2006, 03:53 PM
WEAPONs is wrong, but if you put in lower case you may be on to something.

Dell
04-06-2006, 03:56 PM
Dead status? Morphing or Miming?

TheSpoonyBard
04-06-2006, 04:15 PM
No. Did you understand the clue I gave you?

Lenna
04-06-2006, 05:18 PM
A reward for destruction,
Chaos caused quickly.
My purpose is to remove the outer coating
And to criticise with a sting.

I believe that it will be Clouds ultimate weapon - Ultima Weapon.

Purely cause his is the only weapon that you get in reward for destruction of ultima weapon, and I think that because both of the weapons have the same name, Ultima weapon could be the outer coating revealing a "sting" / could be classed as smaller object which can harm/hurt by piercing. / or this could be in reference to the fact that his ultimate weapon is not the most powerful weapon he can gain in terms of strength? I don't know about this as I haven't tried getting all his weapons.

TheSpoonyBard
04-06-2006, 06:54 PM
You're right, it is a weapon, but it doesn't belong to Cloud.

gyaku_zuki
04-06-2006, 07:30 PM
The "outer coating" part sounds like a skinning knife of some sort, but I can't recall a weapon that would qualify for this...

Lost Number
04-06-2006, 07:36 PM
Sister ray?

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
04-06-2006, 08:26 PM
power soul

TheSpoonyBard
04-06-2006, 08:30 PM
It's not the Sister Ray or the Powersoul.

Lost Number
04-06-2006, 08:36 PM
Is it a weapon you gain by defeating a boss?

TheSpoonyBard
04-06-2006, 08:38 PM
Nope. The first two lines refer to the method of acquisition, the last two are a definition.

Evolavas
04-06-2006, 09:21 PM
Nail bat ?

TheSpoonyBard
04-06-2006, 09:24 PM
You're right, it is a weapon, but it doesn't belong to Cloud.
No-one has touched upon the character yet. Cloud and Tifa have been mentioned.

Evolavas
04-06-2006, 09:31 PM
Parasol or wiser staff..?

Evolavas
04-06-2006, 09:33 PM
or magic comb?

TheSpoonyBard
04-06-2006, 09:35 PM
Parasol is very close, but the character isn't Aeris.

Evolavas
04-06-2006, 09:41 PM
If this isn't right then i have no idea what is..

What is TWIN VIPER ?????:confused:

TheSpoonyBard
04-06-2006, 09:56 PM
It's not Twin Viper. Think about how you get the Parasol. Now what other weapon can you get on the disc 2 and 3 using the same method?

Lenna
04-06-2006, 10:21 PM
Ok, the only other weapon you can get by winning a game on the speed round, is Masamune, but that is not a weapon. That is only the dummy of that weapon. So if you are saying weapon you're theoretically wrong as you can only use it as a proper weapon if you gain mythril from the sleeping man and speak to the weapon maker next to the gold saucer.

TheSpoonyBard
04-06-2006, 10:27 PM
Ok, the only other weapon you can get by winning a game on the speed round, is Masamune, but that is not a weapon. That is only the dummy of that weapon.
The Masamune Blade is a useless item with no purpose. It is not the only other weapon you can get from the Speed Square and the fact that the Masamune Blade isn't even a weapon confirms that.

So if you are saying weapon you're theoretically wrong as you can only use it as a proper weapon if you gain mythril from the sleeping man and speak to the weapon maker next to the gold saucer.
Giving the Mythril to the weaponsmith will results in either the Great Gospel manual or a Gold Armlet. It has nothing to do with the Masamune Blades. As I've already said, they have no purpose other than to be sold.

Keep guessing.

Evolavas
04-06-2006, 10:28 PM
As Lenna said, i don't recall there ever being another usable weapon that you obtain from the gold saucer. So i don't have a clue.

Lenna
04-06-2006, 10:30 PM
The only other things I can think of are the Super Sweeper and the Soldiers 1/35.

But they are not stated as to be sold from what I know.

Although crystal I was wrong about that, there's Cid's weapon Flayer. But if this is used to only be sold then that can't be the answer.

TheSpoonyBard
04-06-2006, 10:32 PM
Their purpose isn't stated anywhere, but selling them is the only thing you can do with them.

There is another weapon you can obtain from the Speed Square, and that weapon is the answer to the riddle.

Lenna
04-06-2006, 10:35 PM
Wait of course. TISSUES!

TheSpoonyBard
04-06-2006, 10:42 PM
:mad: Tissues aren't weapons. Anyway, you get them from the Battle Square.

Lenna
04-06-2006, 10:44 PM
I've just looked on the net to double check Endless Twilight and you're talking rubbish. All the weapons I've said are the only ones available.

Gift Exchange Rates
Masamune
Custom Sweeper
1/35 Soldiers

Umbrella [Disc 1]
Flayer [Disc 2]

Everything there has been said.

TheSpoonyBard
04-06-2006, 10:47 PM
Gift Exchange Rates
Points: 3,000 to 4,999 points Points: 5,000 points and above
Masamune Umbrella [Disc 1]
Custom Sweeper Flayer <-- There it is [Disc 2]
1/35 Soldiers

I'm not talking rubbish.

Evolavas
04-06-2006, 10:48 PM
oops nvm

Lenna
04-06-2006, 10:48 PM
If you look back to my previous post before Tissues I said Flayer. So that was your own fault for not letting me know I was right. And I did not edit the post therefore it's proof that I did say it.

TheSpoonyBard
04-06-2006, 10:49 PM
You edited that while I was typing. That wasn't there before. Anyway, your turn, Lenna.

Lenna
04-06-2006, 10:53 PM
And can I just point out : and I quote:

Their purpose isn't stated anywhere, but selling them is the only thing you can do with them.

There is another weapon you can obtain from the Speed Square, and that weapon is the answer to the riddle.

So what is this then? And again I QUOTE:

Giving the Mythril to the weaponsmith will results in either the Great Gospel manual or a Gold Armlet. It has nothing to do with the Masamune Blades. As I've already said, they have no purpose other than to be sold.

That's a bit hypocritical isn't it?

Besides, The Flayer can be used as a weapon and not "just to be sold". So I believe you were misleading there.

TheSpoonyBard
04-06-2006, 10:56 PM
I meant it isn't stated anywhere in the game.

Lenna
04-06-2006, 10:57 PM
No you said that the only thing you can do with them is sell them. I know this is wrong. It may be the case that it's a worthless weapon to use in combat but it can be "equipped" therefore, you were misleading the answer.

TheSpoonyBard
04-06-2006, 11:00 PM
1/35th Soldier, Masamune Blades, Super Sweeper and Tissues have no purpose in the game. They cannot be equipped. They only thing you can do with them is keep them or sell them.

Sephiroth1112
04-06-2006, 11:01 PM
... just make the riddle already..

Lenna
04-07-2006, 03:08 PM
Actually ET you're wrong about the 1/35th soldiers, you can use them when fighting at fort condor from what I know.

anyway here's my riddle:

In a land of darkness,
Here I reside,
Though you can approach me,
I've nothing to hide.
As fighting forbidden,
I claim they're just fake,
But to get them from me,
I give, what you take.

Dell
04-07-2006, 05:33 PM
what, who or where.

Jenova in Shinra Mansion?

Lenna
04-07-2006, 05:55 PM
Jenova's not in the shinra mansion, give reasons for your answer please.

Lost Number
04-07-2006, 05:58 PM
Lucrecia in her cave? The last few lines dont fit though.
Is it the monsters in Shinra Mansion (darkness) which use ???(?)

Twilight Edge
04-07-2006, 06:21 PM
Could you at least say what/where/who are we looking for?

Lenna
04-07-2006, 06:47 PM
you are looking for something that fits with the riddle and that's in FF7 :P

gyaku_zuki
04-07-2006, 06:57 PM
is it the magic pots?

land of darkness = northern crater
you can approach me = you can encounter them in battle
fighting forbidden = you cannot kill them by conventional means
i give, what you take = they give megaelixers, but u have to feed them elixers first

Lenna
04-07-2006, 07:12 PM
is it the magic pots?

land of darkness = northern crater
you can approach me = you can encounter them in battle
fighting forbidden = you cannot kill them by conventional means
i give, what you take = they give megaelixers, but u have to feed them elixers first

No, you're looking at it completely wrong.

Land of darkness is not literally black darkness. this is nothing you can encounter in battle approaching them. You walk round and you find a battle, in theory the battle comes to you therefore there's no approaching in battle. Fighting forbidden is the biggest clue in this riddle. I give what you take is a trick line, they both mean the same thing, literally. There is no difference in it, you don't give anything to get it.

musenji
04-07-2006, 10:56 PM
I'm assuming "I claim they're just fake" is pretty important, as well.

Line 7 does imply that line 8 is what you have to do, in order to get whatever item(s) you get from the answer.

EDIT: Oh! Does claiming they're fake fit with fighting being forbidden? So this is somewhere where fighting's forbidden, and the answer gives you these things under the pretense that they're not really used for fighting.

Lenna
04-08-2006, 01:45 AM
You're thinking in the right direction :)

Dell
04-08-2006, 10:21 AM
I'm gonna say it's Junon and Shiva Materia

In a land of darkness, - the plain near Junon is dark
Here I reside, - the town reside there, at the dark plains
Though you can approach me, - you can come to this place
I've nothing to hide. - the town seems to be out of hope and have nothing to care
As fighting forbidden, - fighting forbidden, shinra caused that
I claim they're just fake, - this probably talking about Shiva, Priscilla, dolphin or the monster that attcked you at beach.
But to get them from me, - The item is Shiva Materia
I give, what you take. - The party have to used CPR (?) and beat the monster for the itme above.

Lenna
04-08-2006, 05:10 PM
Nope, and half of that doesn't make sense :/

Lost Number
04-08-2006, 06:43 PM
Is it the sleeping man in the cave near Junon?

Bowser
04-08-2006, 11:36 PM
Is it Lost Number?

boys from the dwarf
04-09-2006, 08:51 AM
is it pheonix? you get the pheonix materia at fort condor which is a land surrounded by dark land. im not too sure about most of the lines but pheonix gives life but to get pheonix you have to do the fighting minigame which takes the lives of a lot fo the soldiers which fits the i give what you take.

NGU
04-09-2006, 09:36 AM
My guess The guard of the safe in the Mansion in Niblheim {long time since beaten spelling a reffreces is of sorry}

Lost Number
04-09-2006, 05:07 PM
The guard of the safe is Lost Number. Ill kick myself if thats it.

Lenna
04-09-2006, 07:25 PM
lol no it's not.

Hint: It's not a living thing. It's Companion is.

Lost Number
04-09-2006, 10:07 PM
Does that mean its an undead thing and its companion lives?
Gi nattak and Soulfire?

Lenna
04-09-2006, 10:19 PM
you misunderstand what I mean by it's not living. ;P

Lost Number
04-09-2006, 10:57 PM
Does it then refer to an inanimate object?
I would guess the Wutai pagoda.
Is it a battle you walk into? Or are forced into? Where is fighting forbidden - Midgar (shinra building), other city buildings? Towns? In paricular - Gold Saucer/Correl?

Is it then the machines that force you into the desert prison? I dont know...

kazza
04-10-2006, 12:28 AM
certain things fit to say its jenova as u never approach jenova u always approach sephiroth and he leaves behind jenova so i will guess that although its probally rong

musenji
04-10-2006, 03:49 AM
Re-read the riddle...the answer is something that you DO approach.

The answer also "claim[s] they're fake"...which narrows down the possibilities. It would have to be a person, or something with writing on/in it. Otherwise, how could it possibly make a claim?

NGU
04-10-2006, 08:31 AM
Vincents dead love that or his ultimate weapon that you get from her

Lenna
04-10-2006, 11:55 AM
Vincent doesn't have a dead love, she's just immortal like him. Yes it does refer to an inanimate object, but the companion (hint ONE COMPANION) isn't.

NGU
04-10-2006, 12:06 PM
wild guesses masamune and or midgar

zellv2
04-10-2006, 09:39 PM
sounds pretty good ^^

Clawsze
04-10-2006, 10:24 PM
Midgar and lifestream

musenji
04-11-2006, 01:49 AM
Again, I stress: how can the answer make a claim if it's inanimate? Unless it has writing on it?

NGU
04-11-2006, 07:10 AM
ok think Migar the people who built it claimed the land

musenji
04-11-2006, 10:49 AM
The riddle says "claim they're fake"--it's saying that the answer claims that what it gives you is fake. So if the answer was "Midgar", then "Midgar" would be making the claim...which is of course impossible. Unless..

I'm waiting for Lenna to tell me that I need to think more symbolically regarding "claiming". From what has been gathered thus far, the answer:

1. Resides in a "dark" place/state (she's hinted that "dark" is symbolic/metaphorical, or at least not pitch black)
2. Is an inanimate object
3. Has an animate "companion"
4. Is freely approachable
5. Gives you something(s) in a place where fighting is forbidden
6. Claims that the thing(s) is fake, probably because the thing relates to fighting

Are all of these things right, Lenna?

NGU
04-11-2006, 11:36 AM
Cait sith

Lenna
04-11-2006, 07:51 PM
The inanimate answer is represented by the companion itself, therefore can be classed as "I claim".

1. Resides in a "dark" place/state (she's hinted that "dark" is symbolic/metaphorical, or at least not pitch black)
2. Is an inanimate object
3. Has an animate "companion"
4. Is freely approachable
5. Gives you something(s) in a place where fighting is forbidden
6. Claims that the thing(s) is fake, probably because the thing relates to fighting

you are right up until 5 and 6, Fighting is not necessarily forbidden fully in this place. But it is forbidden in the main part of it.
6 - You need to think about this one carefully, you are right when you say they are related to fighting, but although some of them are claimed to be fake, what you choose isn't.

Lost Number
04-11-2006, 07:58 PM
Jenova(technically inanimate) and Sephiroth come to mind, but that dunt fit.
'Fake' things in relation to fighting - False masamune in Gold Saucer?
Mop? Nail Bat? 1/35th soldier?

musenji
04-11-2006, 09:29 PM
Fighting being forbidden in the main part of a place, but not necessarily the rest, makes me think of the church, first. But that doesn't seem to fit the rest.

An inanimate object/animate companion makes me think of Sephiroth also..inanimate would be his mako-encased self, animate="thought-projection."

Cait Sith makes some sense. He claims his fortunes are fake, but the one he gives you is real. The "inanimate" object is the doll, "animate" the cat.. guess we don't pull Reeve into this? But the fortunes don't relate to fighting, so that comes up short as well.

Dark Paladin
04-12-2006, 12:27 PM
My guess is Reeve. But i'm not sure.

NGU
04-12-2006, 12:54 PM
K I think it has something to do with the Golden Saucer and maybe the hotel "I give what you take"the points from battle center and the fake the their side of the story of why they went into jail and they object is the thing that helps them get into the city of ancients.

Dell
04-12-2006, 03:10 PM
is it the person at the cave near Junon which sometimes will give Bolt Ring instead of Mithril.

Lenna
04-12-2006, 05:50 PM
nope think more of sacred places.

Lost Number
04-12-2006, 07:10 PM
Sacred places? City of the ancients? Northern crater(bit of a strech)? The church? Then is it the cover materis and Aeris? Seems unlikely.

Lenna
04-13-2006, 12:17 AM
nah you're thinking more along the lines of sacred within the main storyline of the game.

NGU
04-13-2006, 01:50 PM
Alexander!

Lost Number
04-13-2006, 02:03 PM
Materia Caves? What else is sacred? Wutai comes to mind again. Alexander does seem good, although he moves and is therefore animate. His companion would be snow although they are not really companions.

Lenna
04-13-2006, 06:29 PM
The place isn't the answer, you're looking for sacred places in order to identify where you'd find this answer. The answer is in a sacred place. Or it's metaphorically sacred in the game due to how precious it is in the world.

Twilight Edge
04-13-2006, 06:40 PM
Sacred places could be the following...
Da-Chao- Oritsuru?
Temple of the Ancients-Princess Guard/Bahamut materia?
Forgotten City-?
Cosmo Canyon(I dunno,guess it's somwhat sacred)-the cosmic candle/Seraph comb?

Lenna
04-14-2006, 12:06 AM
you've got the place right Draco, but I'm not saying which one as it's a big hint. But you were wrong about the answer linked to the place.

NGU
04-14-2006, 02:02 AM
Reds father

Twilight Edge
04-14-2006, 07:12 AM
Since it'a a sacred place I'll guve wild guesses on the items that can be found

temple of the Ancients-black materia

Lenna
04-14-2006, 08:45 AM
The answer isn't an item. ;)

Dell
04-14-2006, 06:27 PM
temples of the ancients - the ancient that run from you when you try to catch them, you can save and buy from them or is it Morph Materia?

Lenna
04-14-2006, 11:37 PM
Right this is a big hint so it'll be my last hint. The answer you are looking for is inanimate, the companion ACTUALLY CLAIMS THERE IS FAKENESS. That will narrow your answers down hopefully.

Gray
04-15-2006, 06:21 AM
what about
cosmo canyon- bahamut zero materia (technically not an item, and at the same time not really animate.

-N-
04-15-2006, 11:22 AM
jenova :shifty:

Lenna
04-15-2006, 07:50 PM
Right ok, the answer is in cosmo canyon. But the answer's companion actually claims there is fakeness. Replay the game and analyse every aspect of cosmo canyon. You'll soon find out what I'm on about.

Lost Number
04-15-2006, 08:04 PM
Right ok, the answer is in cosmo canyon. But the answer's companion actually claims there is fakeness. Replay the game and analyse every aspect of cosmo canyon. You'll soon find out what I'm on about.
GRR! My disc is damaged...im gonna have to sit this one out.

musenji
04-16-2006, 04:11 AM
"Replay the game and analyze every aspect of Cosmo Canyon."

Isn't that just a tad high maintenance?

Clawsze
04-16-2006, 10:23 AM
Is it Seto (Nanaki's Father)

Twilight Edge
04-16-2006, 11:40 AM
I knew it was something in Cosmo canyon!

The weapon shop?Or the Gi Nattak?

Lenna
04-16-2006, 11:41 AM
Draco, name please then I'll tell you if you're right.

Twilight Edge
04-16-2006, 12:00 PM
Tiger Lily Arms Shop?I just flew to Cosmo Canyon to take a look.Wonder if this is the correct one.

Lenna
04-16-2006, 12:42 PM
Draco's got it:

Explanation:

In a land of darkness, <--- Cosmo Canyon is always shown as if it was night-time.
Here I reside, <--- obviously they stay there.
Though you can approach me, <--- you have to approach them in order to know they exist basically.
I've nothing to hide. <----- He only has one purpose in the game.
As fighting forbidden, <----- If you read what the companion says (the shop keeper)
I claim they're just fake, < ------- he says that because weapons are not necessarily allowed to be used in there as it is a peaceful town, there are some dummy ones and a couple of real ones.
But to get them from me, <--- these last two lines basically are simple. You can only buy weapons from this shop in cosmo canyon.
I give, what you take. <--- it just necessarily means that you'll only get what you want to take. You choose.

Twilight Edge
04-17-2006, 01:15 PM
I couldn't think of a good one,so......

A strong friend in need
Is a great friend indeed.

Yup only two lines.And obviously,it's a who.Give your explanations.This should be pretty simple.

Lost Number
04-17-2006, 01:51 PM
THAT COULD MEAN ANYONE pretty much. Ill go for Aeris or Tifa obvious reasons.

Twilight Edge
04-17-2006, 02:01 PM
no.

Dell
04-17-2006, 03:09 PM
Nanaki for some reasons: very strong and really friendly.

Twilight Edge
04-17-2006, 03:13 PM
No.Not animals.It'sa guy.

Lost Number
04-17-2006, 03:18 PM
Then Barret. Or Dyne. Both very strong, both at one point need your support.

Twilight Edge
04-17-2006, 04:05 PM
No.What does strong people join?

Lost Number
04-17-2006, 04:07 PM
Then either Cloud or Zack.