PDA

View Full Version : Holy_Aeris very First AMV!

Holy_Aeris
10-28-2005, 11:06 PM
Welcomes to H_A's Official AMV's thread! Here i'll share my collection of AMV's for you all to see. Also, if you wish to request an amv, by saying what song, and what game, i'm sure i'll be able to whip up something!

Watch- CloudXAeris.amv (http://www.youtube.com/watch.php?v=s418uf1UFD0)
Download- CloudXAeris.amv (http://savefile.com/files.php?fid=3075557)
Game- FFVII
Time- 3:03
Info- This is my very first amv. It is generally a tester to see what i can do in Windows Movie Maker. I decided to do it based on my favourite game, and favourite pairing. Then i had a hard time choosing the right song, then i saw 'To be Alone with You' by Sufjan Stevens and i thought it was perfect to use, and i must say it fits in just right! I think i didn't do too bad for a first time.

Watch- CelesXLocke.amv (http://www.youtube.com/watch.php?v=pgc7N0CMveM)
Download- CelesXLocke.amv (http://www.savefile.com/files.php?fid=6575091)
Game- FFVI
Time- 1:21
Info- Ok this one is a really short one. I was limited to time cause there are hardly any Celes or Locke fmvs. This song i used isn't in full, i had to cut half of it fit ok. I ove this tune and i really wanted to do an amv using it, then i looked at FFVI and the whole Opera theme and i mixed them together! Nothing fancy with this one, quite short and simple.

Watch- Escape from Hellview.amv (http://www.youtube.com/watch.php?v=JK2xSxZ2sus)
~UPLOADING...~
Game- FFVIII
Time- 3:59
Info- Another song that has been my favourite for years now, and i just HAD to do an amv using it. And so i though what better game to use it then FFVIII. Now this amv took me forever to do! I started it, first minute, it was great! Then wmm crashed and i lost it! So i had to start all again, and i wanted to do it exactly like before, but it just wouldn't! I'm quite happy with it anyways. Went for some different styles and it fits quite nicely.

Watch- SquallXRinoa.amv (http://www.youtube.com/watch.php?v=WSW_nuz7xtM)
~UPLOADING...~
Game- FFVIII
Time- 5:43
Info- This is a simple one, i chose the games main vocal song, as i see no better song for the pair!

VoodooChild
10-28-2005, 11:36 PM
Woo I just watched it, tis great! I love Aeris :love:

Be sure to post anymore you make!

How hard are they to make btw, because I might try it. Also, what programs would I need?

Holy_Aeris
10-28-2005, 11:39 PM
Thanks, ^that is the first of many!

All you need it Windows Movie Maker, it kinda omes with. Its a little complicated to use at first, but you get the hang of it. Its reay fun to do though.

I enjoyed making this amv! Not bad for my first, huh?

VoodooChild
10-28-2005, 11:52 PM
Its fantastic :) I'll just have to look for some tutorials or something to begin with.

Shall look into it now, thanks Aeris :)

Btw, can I just ask, who are you planning to do the next one on, or what game?

Holy_Aeris
10-28-2005, 11:59 PM
Once i get every fmv, i'll do FFVIII next, then FFIX, FFX......etc!

Next one will be a more cheerful one!

VoodooChild
10-29-2005, 12:00 AM
Ah okies :) Where are you getting all the fmvs btw? Lol sorry for asking all these questions!

Holy_Aeris
10-29-2005, 12:15 AM
Blue Laguna! Best place for all your FF downloads!!

Ohhh
10-29-2005, 12:16 AM
It made me nearly cry... :D

VoodooChild
10-29-2005, 12:19 AM
It made me nearly cry... :D

Ye, gonna have to get the FMV of when Aeris dies its such a sad part :(

And thanks again Aeris hehe. Just downloaded WMM so will try it out tonight :)

Holy_Aeris
10-29-2005, 12:26 AM
Awww i hope i dont upset anyone with this amv!!

Good luck VC and have fun with it!

Pouring Rain
10-29-2005, 12:34 AM
I love it! It is like, awesome. I tried making one, but they said something about the video catching device, and...they kinda lost me there xD

Holy_Aeris
10-29-2005, 01:17 AM
Aww thanks for the compliment!

Russielloyd
10-29-2005, 01:50 AM
Ill check it out now, you you should try using "Sony Vegas 6" its got like 1000 things you can do differently to your videos, FX's stylish transitions etc... Check it out, its what i made my Sonic Movies and all my AMV's with.

ok, im watching now...

EDIT: ok, it was good, maybe a bit to slow for me, i dont know how you got 3 mins of video in 8mb without losing the quality in the video, but you somehow managed it. I could see what you was trying to do with Cloud and Aeris, it sort of similar on how i went about i made my latest AMV(Stole my thank you message! grrr lol). All round good job!

Its in my AMV folder already.

Holy_Aeris
10-29-2005, 02:06 AM
lol
Yea i was expecting some people to say it was a bit slow, but i thought with the whole CloudXAeris thing going on and the song, which i adore, it just seems to work better a little slow. Besides its my first amv, so this is just a tester, i didn't want to go al wid just yet.

Thanks for your feedback!!!

Lord Sanchez
10-29-2005, 02:10 AM
wow that was gr8..looking 4wrd to seein more

Vyk
10-29-2005, 02:13 AM
That's awesome for a first. What program do you use? I hadn't heard of this Sony program, but I know a lot of people use Windows Movie Maker or whatever, and it saves as .wmv files like yours is. Personally I was weened on Adobe Premiere and I'll probably end up staying that way as I don't require any snazzy effects or anything. 2 layers of video, and 2 layers of audio is all I need. And simple transitions. Though it gives you way more than that... Excellent work though.

Holy_Aeris
10-29-2005, 02:20 AM
^ I use the Windows Movie Maker yea. Theres a lot of cool stuff you can do on there.

Russielloyd
10-29-2005, 02:28 AM
My first ever AMV i used Windows Movie Maker but couldnt do hale the stuff i wanted to, then i heard of Sony Vegas. I could crop stuff out that i didnt want in the video. They got proper style credit roles aswell.

I didnt like Adobe, found it unfriendly to use and i didnt really have time to learn all about it. I sugest try using Vegas, if you dont like it, then go back to what you know, simple as.

But yeah, it is a very good first attempt.

Holy_Aeris
10-29-2005, 02:55 AM
^ Yea sure i'll give it a go.
But i'd also like to experiment more on Windows Movie Maker!

Russielloyd
10-29-2005, 03:06 AM
Its a pay product though, so there is a time trial of 30 days i think, unless you got the odd $500 laying about or a crack, then you can use it as much as you want.

I imagine when looking at your work in WMM, you got about 20-25 different videos clips practically lined up next to each other, with the music track below it.

This is all the work i did on my last AMV in the attachment, (which has got its own topic in here in page 2 i think, check it out if you want).

Raven Nox
10-29-2005, 04:21 AM
1. The Song is lovely @.@ *has it in her head now*

2. I like the video, which is surpising because I normally don't like videos that have one FMV running for 30-60 seconds straight, but, it fits in some videos, and this is one of them. Plus, it's your first video, so yeah, it's fine. The FMVs switch very nicely also. It's a good first try. ^^ Can't wait till the next one.

Holy_Aeris
10-29-2005, 11:28 AM
Russel- ahh cool, ok thanks!!!

Raven- Thanks for the compliment, im glad you like it!

Shimeng
10-29-2005, 11:38 AM
Very nice ^_^
You did that in MovieMaker? Impressive.
I'll be waiting for the next one.

Holy_Aeris
10-29-2005, 12:40 PM
well seen as im realy bored, the next one will be soon.

Thanks very much everyone!

Fire_Emblem776
10-30-2005, 04:50 PM
wow its so sad *sob* and its a shame arith was not in many fmvs in 7

Holy_Aeris
10-30-2005, 05:18 PM
Thanks, i know what you mean! FFVII needed more Aeris!!!

Swifthom
10-31-2005, 02:34 PM
Very good, bit slow but yes...

Looking forward to your next one, assuming there will be one. Just please, stick to FF7 for the mo as I'm still running through FF8 and yet to play 9... :P

Pretty please

Stayed Crazy&&
10-31-2005, 03:35 PM
Whoa A_H! Impressive, I like it a lot. I never thought I'd see you posting in here, you may not remember me. I'm a person from uFF. I was Final_Kid, then I changed my name to Evil Ginji, then last week I changed it again to Stayed Crazy&&. This is my current name in all forums. Well, I don't know if you do or not, well anyway, great job! I liked it a lot, you should give it a go again. PM me if you get the chance, if you want to anyway that is.

Garnie
10-31-2005, 04:57 PM
That was*sniff* beautiful well done holy aeris

Holy_Aeris
11-11-2005, 09:06 PM
I know it was a bit slow, i guess that was the 'theme' or whatever!

^ lovely fanart garnie!!!

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
11-11-2005, 09:07 PM
Wow this Amv is great!!

Holy_Aeris
12-01-2005, 11:09 PM
Ok i have now made this my official amv thread, where all my amv's wil be posted on the first post of this thread.
You may also request for an amv to be made by me.
Enjoys! :D