PDA

View Full Version : Interesting...

*__*)
10-29-2005, 03:46 AM
Ever knotice this? Well I did. Maybe some of you did and didn't think anything of it. But it does deserve some recognition I believe.

As far as I'm concerned, Squall is just Zidane all grown up.

And Rinoa is a mature Garnet too, really.

Before Auron, there was Vincent.

And before Seymour there was Setzer

I've heard that everyone has a twin in the world, but this is rediculos! (Actually, they're not sisters, it's really just Faris through the years ;) ) [click on it to see it better]

Well, that's all that I've knoticed, maybe some of you have sited more. It is strange though isn't it. What is going on over at Square?

Shoeberto
10-29-2005, 04:20 AM
Lack of originality in the character designs.

By the by, Tidus is a MUCH closer match to Squall than Zidane is.

*__*)
10-29-2005, 04:40 AM
I don't know if it's neccesarily a lack of originality, I think that it's more along the lines of a theme sort of thing. There are many themes in the final fantasies. Character design is no exception. Actually, I think that Square is a pretty creative company, really.

rubah
10-29-2005, 06:10 AM
isn't the first "faris" Edgar?

I've never seen the anthology FMVs so I dunno.

All of Amano's art looks the same.

Squall does not look like Zidane, nor does he act like him.
They're not even the same species.

You might as well say the Vash the Stampede is an immature vincent.

Seymour is also a half different race than Setzer.

If you're going to compare characters, at least use their sprites. Terra, Celes, Edgar, and Faris will all look different then.

*__*)
10-29-2005, 03:50 PM
....hi rubah....:greenie: ....

isn't the first "faris" Edgar?

http://www.surfnet.fi/~karell/final/bilder/edgar2.jpg
no, but Edgar, and maybe even Kefka, both look like them.

I've never seen the anthology FMVs so I dunno.

Well you should, they're quite good.

All of Amano's art looks the same.

I think that you mean that it is in the same style. He does have an interesting style, personally, I think that his characters are beautiful.

Squall does not look like Zidane, nor does he act like him.
They're not even the same species.

Well, regardless of what race they are (remove Zidane's tale, and bamo, fully human)... This thread has nothing to do with actions, nor do I care about them right now. I really do think that he and Garnet were meant to look like younger versions of Squall and Rinoa in the Final Fantasy before theirs. You didn't say anything about Garnet and Rinoa, I wonder why...

You might as well say the Vash the Stampede is an immature vincent.

You're right, they do share similar characteristics.

Seymour is also a half different race than Setzer.

He sure is, isn't he :)

If you're going to compare characters, at least use their sprites. Terra, Celes, Edgar, and Faris will all look different then.

You have a point there- they would look different, but I didn't start this with sprites in mind, I'm only talking about how they look in the FMV's.