PDA

View Full Version : Death Cab for Cutie Anyone?

Yooniece
10-29-2005, 12:14 PM
Does anybody here like Death Cab for Cutie? And if so, what do you think of their new album, Plans?

I've been an avid Death Cab fan for 7 years and I was horrified when "The OC" bastardized their music into pop-culture history, but I was willing to forgive them as long as this album turned out okay.

I was kind of disappointed. It's not anywhere as good as Transatlanticism or The Photo Album... a little too pretty and mellow to be the cult-favorite indie sensation I loved them for. I wish they decided to be a bit more experimental... but they played it safe. There are some really good songs on the album, but I'm starting to wish another Postal Service album was released instead.

Thoughts?

Holy_Aeris
10-29-2005, 12:18 PM
YEEES!!!

I soo wana get their new album!!!!

Oooo fave song? Movie Script Ending!!!!

Necronopticous
10-29-2005, 04:42 PM
I'm a big fan. I actually quite liked their new album, my favorite songs are Marching Bands of Manhattan and I Will Follow You. My favorite album is still the Photo Album, though. If you like Death Cab for Cutie you should check out the Postal Service, as Ben is the lead singer for that band as well. The Postal Service is more like a side project for him, but it's still an awesome band, and their CD is basically amazing.

Yooniece
10-30-2005, 12:11 AM
I know, I bought the Postal Service album when it came out and I was lucky enough to see them play 3 times =)

I just feel like the new album is lacking some of the spirit they had in their old albums. They're now a mainstream band, and to sell albums, they have to have a mainstream sound.

Reles
10-30-2005, 12:17 AM
Yes'm I do like. Haven't heard much, but I plan on buying their CD(s)

DMKA
10-30-2005, 01:57 AM
I heard "I Will Follow You Into the Dark" in Necronopticous' car and immediately fell in love.

eestlinc
10-30-2005, 01:46 AM
they are playing here RIGHT NOW but the show sold out way in advance so I couldn't get tickets. I haven't heard the new album so I don't know.

Lindy
10-30-2005, 01:51 AM
I should probably get the new album, since I have every single other one.

Transatlanticism is probably my favourite, but I really just prefer The Postal Service a lot more, I find them far more inviting that Death Cab now, though it's not to say I don't listen to the latter any more.

Eh, I'm running out of music anyway, already burning my way through Wolf Parade >_>