PDA

View Full Version : What if SPOILER

Demonicsephiroth
10-30-2005, 02:26 AM
What if you went through the whole game without using a single GF. when you where trying to remember your childhood do you think you could/should

Christmas
10-30-2005, 02:33 AM
What if you went through the whole game without using a single GF. when you where trying to remember your childhood do you think you could/should

It's part of the game that they cannot remember their childhood.

Squall, Zell, Quistis and Seifer might have used a GF before the events of the game.

And Selphie mentioned she junctioned a GF when years ago after killing a monster.

Here is something for references:

http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=69014

boys from the dwarf
10-30-2005, 05:46 AM
the characters will have equipped GFs before the whole story begins.

Jiro
10-30-2005, 08:35 AM
hey... you know when you go to the computer thing and you have 2 gfs. why does every single person in Garden have none? And why didn't Ifrit join them after being beaten?
it would be cool to actually remember but they had obviously prejunctioned as quistis would have to so she could beat ifrit. (less she did the no gf no magic game)

GunbladeMaster
10-30-2005, 08:37 AM
yeah
during the Reunion sequence in Trabia Garden Basketball court they talk about how GFs erased their memories
and it is highly possible that, like unknowns said, that they junctioned a GF before the events of FF8

All except Irvine or course because quote:"I had never used a GF until i met y`all"
which would stilll make the story progress cas Irvine would tell everyone that he knew them

and Sir Cloud thats like asking why is Squall the only guy walking around in non-iniform?
and seifer too?
my guess would be that Squall is of age while everyone else is not of age
so thats why he got the 2 free GFs and was allowed to go around in non-uniform

Calhoun
11-03-2005, 04:06 AM
What if you went through the whole game without using a single GF.

I think this guy means is wondering if you can go through the whole game without getting powerful GF's such as Cactaur, Diablos, Siren, Bahamut, etc, only getting the ones you need such as Ifrit, Queze and Shiva

x_Hopeless_Deviate_x
11-03-2005, 06:56 AM
Of course you can go thru the game without obtaining practically all of the GFs.
It would be quite a challenge though.

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
11-09-2005, 12:24 PM
Iv'e tried that it makes no difference to the storyline. the first time I played the game i didnt listen to Quistis so I didn't know how to use the GFs. I junctioned them but never used them. HEY!!!

DARK SUMMONER CHALLENGE TIME!!

YAY!! Try to complete the game without junctioning ANY GFS!!!

(Do you reckon thats possible?)

GunbladeMaster
11-09-2005, 04:18 PM
yes it is
if you put good juntions (ultima,triple,etc)
then u can be really powerful
and GFs are not needed

Skyblade
11-09-2005, 04:26 PM
yes it is
if you put good juntions (ultima,triple,etc)
then u can be really powerful
and GFs are not needed

You weren't listening. He said without junctioning GFs. Without a GF junctioned, you can't junction anything else either.

GunbladeMaster
11-09-2005, 04:53 PM
oh
my bad :D

Ultima Shadow
11-09-2005, 05:43 PM
DARK SUMMONER CHALLENGE TIME!!

YAY!! Try to complete the game without junctioning ANY GFS!!!

(Do you reckon thats possible?)Nothing new. That challange has been on games faq for a few years and yes, it's possible and far from being as hard as many other challanges as long as you know your stuff. I've actually never completed this challange myself. I started on it a long time ago, but made my own challange instead for 1 major reason: This challange is as boring as it can possible get. If only there was a challange in FFVIII that was as hard as this one is boring... :(

All you do is using limmitbreaks over and over again. You can still slaughter just about anything with Duel, which adds to the boredness and annoyance, not to mention that it makes everything far too time consuming. The true challange isn't the encounters and bosses, but simply not to get bored to death whenever a battle starts. Also, this challange hardly requires any technical and tactical skill at all. :greenie:

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
11-10-2005, 09:42 AM
OH!! WELL SORRY FOR TRYING TO LIVEN THINGS UP!!!!

Ultima Shadow
11-10-2005, 10:51 AM
:p

ScottNUMBERS
11-10-2005, 11:29 AM

Forgiven.

mj05
11-13-2005, 11:11 PM
If you didnt junction a GF, you wouldnt have the draw, item, etc. abilities. It would only be "attack". I guess it could be done with high stats and recovering after battle, considering you wouldnt be able to recover in battle.