PDA

View Full Version : I really think FFVIII is just awesome.

Destai
10-30-2005, 04:28 PM
As far as music goes its absaloutely lovely and fits the gane like a glove. And the character designs are, if you ask me Tetsuya Nomuras finest work. Even if Squall looks like a Gigollo.

And the world itself is beautiful. And the junction system is really very clever with tons of potential. The only problems with the game was if you ask me the battles seemed to slow. If the characters moved faster and attacked harder and really made the player focused and excited I think it wouldnt be seen so mediocre.And the story totally copped out past disc 2. If theyd developed it into one of Future esthars theories it would be one of the best FF's ever. But yeah this game is awesome. Im done sharing.

P.s. Play the game on a playstation emulator and put the battles on fast forward. it kicksass.

Trumpet Thief
10-30-2005, 04:31 PM
chaos: I must agree, superb game. :)

Rubedo: The musical score was brilliant, along with the graphics. I really did like the story, but I would've liked it a lot better if Griever was the Final boss, not Ultimecia.

GunbladeMaster
10-30-2005, 04:35 PM
yeah it was awesome

Black Angel
10-30-2005, 06:23 PM
*Listening to "Eyes on me"* BEST GAME EVER!!!!

*__*)
10-30-2005, 06:31 PM
It still inspires me.

raskerino
10-30-2005, 06:34 PM
Best game ever, and if you used the junction system you can make all fights go really quickly without a ton of work.

Swifthom
10-30-2005, 06:37 PM
I dunoo, I love the music to FF7... It's simple an orthadox and VERY emotional...

But FF8 is sooo much better from a technical point of view, the songs feel more like real songs, rather than just tunes, and... Well, on the music I'll draw, it's more accomplished that any other entry, I'll give it that....

I personally hate the Junction system, but maybe I've just not had enough experience with it???

That said, it is a very good game, very different to any other FF i've played, but yes... Lovely game. It is quite awesome...

boys from the dwarf
10-30-2005, 06:50 PM
either FF8 or FF9 is my favourite FF. i cant choose but FF8 is amazing. too many reasons and if i write then all my brain will melt and kerplode.

Black Angel
10-30-2005, 06:54 PM
Awwwwwwww......I wanted to see your brain blow up!!!!

BlackRibon
10-30-2005, 11:15 PM
VIII was a game that inspires me completely, for sure it's the best FF.

Vaprice
10-31-2005, 01:50 AM

... .... .... ... omg...

FFVIII surely was a good game indeed. But not the best friggin game for the PSX console... OMGOMGOMG! This one says he like's the music, he like's the junctioning system, and the characters. This one would've liked to have seen more of a better ending. And a better plot. The plot near the end got complicating, and I understood what was happening, but for those who are young and unable to comprehend such a complex line then they didn't understand what was happening. The last boss battle I didn't like, and the ending FMV I think could've been made better....

Slade
10-31-2005, 06:21 AM
I agree with this totally.

Holy_Aeris
10-31-2005, 08:37 AM
Its the second FF i played and my second fave, i must say it is a pretty damn good game. The musics great, the places, the characters, everything! SS did good on this one!

BTW i was wondering, does anyone have the Japanese version of Eyes on Me?

Blitz Ace
10-31-2005, 11:10 AM
totally love the game!! although drawing magic in battles could get a little tedious...