PDA

View Full Version : The Best and Worst of Final Fantasy

Crossblades
10-30-2005, 04:34 PM
I found a site that gives out massive awards that recognizes the best and worst of Final Fantasy. All awards inside this site are based on the author's(webmaster of this site) opinion and judged with consideration of when the game was released. Some of the things he said I agree with, but also some of the things he says makes me want to shoot him >_> Just scroll down and click on the section that says "Best and Worst of Final Fantasy"

http://www.warmech.net/warmech.html

Slothy
10-30-2005, 09:44 PM
I can see what you mean by the wanting to shoot him part. FF6 being in the worst music category? He completely missed the point of Ultros as well. And although some don't agree with this, I still say Yu Yevon shouldn't be considered the final boss in FFX. It's simply meant to be a story battle, and not a real fight at all. Some of it I can forgive since it is just his opinion, and some things seem to have come down more to "none of these things are bad per say, but you've got to pick something."

rubah
10-30-2005, 10:36 PM
A little bit obsessed with the medieval=fantasy part, but it was amusing to read.

Swifthom
10-30-2005, 10:52 PM
This is the site I was looking for on my first post...

Yes, he does have some bad opinions, but my major gripes with him are on the FF7 and 8 are bad because their not medieval.

I agree with him on FFX's final battle, it was a bit long for a story battle, very long and drawn out and just, well, a bit of a let down after all that had come befoe it.

Destai
10-30-2005, 11:11 PM
Theyre very good for before crisis screens.

raskerino
10-30-2005, 11:42 PM
My main problem is him thinking FF7 and FF8 were the worst they were the best and still are also calling Omega Weapon from FFVIII the hardest boss is just wrong, as Ultima Shadow will tell you if he posts in this thread.

ThroneofDravaris
10-30-2005, 11:52 PM
I’ll never understand what people have against Quina. The Jar Jar Binks of FF? Come on! Why this guy hates the modernized/futuristic settings in FF7/8 is beyond me.

And this guy actually wants a sequel to FFX-2?! Talk about losing all credibility…

crashNUMBERS
10-30-2005, 11:54 PM
My main problem is him thinking FF7 and FF8 were the worst they were the best and still are
Screw the spoiler tags. You know there is a little thing called Opinion. You should look it up....

And I read this a long time ago. Posted it in various FF threads. Caused a lot of controversy...

Azure Chrysanthemum
10-30-2005, 11:56 PM
He thinks Final Fantasy Tactics is bad and thus his opinion is utterly invalidated.

crashNUMBERS
10-31-2005, 12:00 AM
I haven't played FFT yet but I can say that it sucks "right" now and not give a damn at what you have against me. Opinions are bound to be different. You people have to learn to respect opinions...

Doomie
10-31-2005, 12:12 AM
I haven't played FFT yet but I can say that it sucks "right" now and not give a damn at what you have against me. Opinions are bound to be different. You people have to learn to respect opinions...

For the record, opinions can be wrong. Also, the fact that you NEVER played the game means your opinion has no validity. I haven't played the game either, for that matter, but I have no right to judge it.

On topic though, whoever wrote this has too much time on his hands.

crashNUMBERS
10-31-2005, 12:19 AM
On topic though, whoever wrote this has too much time on his hands.
That's prolly the second thing I we ever agreed on. Prolly the last...

DJZen
10-31-2005, 01:01 AM
The thing about opinions is that they're just that. If he doesn't like FFVII that's his right. I disagree with Marcelo about several points there but it's not some sort of personal grievance between us. You'll notice that nowhere on that site is there any sort of indication of officiality. This means it's just one fan's opinion.

crashNUMBERS
10-31-2005, 01:08 AM
Tere you have it. You people cleared out now??

Destai
10-31-2005, 01:31 AM
I've read the poll a few times. Its stupider than an IGN poll.

rubah
10-31-2005, 04:01 AM
It's my opinion that people can have wrong opinions.

ThroneofDravaris
10-31-2005, 04:12 AM

In my opinion, anyone who forms negative opinions on a game before they even play it, especially one that has been praised by so many others, needs to be slapped: hard.

crashNUMBERS
10-31-2005, 12:20 PM
Wait, let me act like you for a moment...

He was obviously joking! Jesus Christ…

Destai
10-31-2005, 12:58 PM
what

ThroneofDravaris
10-31-2005, 01:27 PM
Wait, let me act like you for a moment...

Sorry, I have trouble telling when you're joking, and when you're acting like a moron. And there was nothing obvious about what you said...

Dreddz
10-31-2005, 05:16 PM
I dont agree with that guy at all
But its only his opinion....

Zell>Everything
10-31-2005, 06:50 PM
FF VIII is the best. IX is the worst. May be opinion. But is anything truly fact, or just a question of flawed human perception?

crashNUMBERS
10-31-2005, 09:01 PM
Almost everyhing is opinion. I hate to say this because of the consiquences but I can say that god is the best thing to happen and have an athiest disagree. I can say someones hair is blonde and have someone say it looks red. It's all opinion. My friend once taught me that even perfection is an opinion...

Masamune·1600
10-31-2005, 09:37 PM
The fact that that his views are opinions doesn't preclude them from being terrible opinions.

And they are.

crashNUMBERS
10-31-2005, 09:52 PM
No, because if you look at it correctly that was your opinion of his opinions. See what Im saying?? And Im not trying to be an ass. Im just helping this guy, Marcelo X, to get what opinions are through your minds...

Old Manus
10-31-2005, 10:34 PM
hey guyz lets flaem war lol

P.S:

* Originally there was going to be two Final Fantasy X sequels, Final Fantasy X - Yuna Version and Final Fantasy X - Rikku Version.
Thank Jesus for that

raskerino
10-31-2005, 11:02 PM
Screw the spoiler tags. You know there is a little thing called Opinion. You should look it up....

Yeah... I was kind of kidding, I put it in spoiler tags as a joke, I know how they're used and unbelievably I know what opinion means. And everyone else seems to be joking around too.

rubah
10-31-2005, 11:24 PM
FF VIII is the best. IX is the worst. May be opinion. But is anything truly fact, or just a question of flawed human perception?
This is an example of a "Right" opinion.

Crash, I think most people know what opinions are; they are welcome to disagree with them in any way they see fit that follows the rules of the venues they are saying them in.

Who are you to say that their opinions on people's opinions is wrong?

That makes it seem an awful lot like you're saying they have the wrong opinion.

crashNUMBERS
10-31-2005, 11:43 PM
This is an example of a "Right" opinion.

Crash, I think most people know what opinions are; they are welcome to disagree with them in any way they see fit that follows the rules of the venues they are saying them in.

Who are you to say that their opinions on people's opinions is wrong?

That makes it seem an awful lot like you're saying they have the wrong opinion.
<*Don'tworryIdon'thateyou>

:eep: Im not saying their opinions are wrong. When did I "ever"n say that?? Im just claiming that we should atleast try to respect others opinions. Never once did I say their opinions were wrong. There...

<*/Don'tworryIdon'thateyou>

rubah
11-01-2005, 12:35 AM
No you did not say that opinions could be wrong.

I did.

crashNUMBERS
11-01-2005, 12:39 AM
No you did not say that opinions could be wrong.

I did.
:confused:

ThroneofDravaris
11-01-2005, 01:53 AM
What she meant to say was your opinion on some else’s opinion on an opinion is undermined by your opinion that opinions can never be incorrect. Logically, this would mean that opinions on opinions, or even opinions on opinions on opinions, can never be incorrect as well. In other words, your opinion that opinions can be incorrect, doesn’t account for the fact that your opinion on opinions on opinions leads to a different conclusion.

I hope that clears things up.

crashNUMBERS
11-01-2005, 01:58 AM
What she meant to say was your opinion on some else’s opinion on an opinion is undermined by your opinion that opinions can never be incorrect. Logically, this would mean that opinions on opinions, or even opinions on opinions on opinions, can never be incorrect as well.

I hope that clears things up.
OOOOOH!! K thanks...

rubah
11-01-2005, 03:23 AM
Close, but what I actually meant that was having an opinion on someone's opinion is perfectly fitting because their opinion could be wrong and then it could be your opinion that their opinion was not a good opinion anyways and you could be perfectly justified in saying that their opinion sucks.

However, if you are of the camp that believes that all opinions are sacred then this rule does not apply to you and you have chained youself to an eternity of allowing opinions that aren't good opinions in your opinion and you can never express your opinion that perhaps these opinions should be crushed.

well, really that's just my opinion.

Old Manus
11-01-2005, 07:45 AM
OPINIONS LOLZ

crashNUMBERS
11-01-2005, 09:06 PM
Close, but what I actually meant that was having an opinion on someone's opinion is perfectly fitting because their opinion could be wrong and then it could be your opinion that their opinion was not a good opinion anyways and you could be perfectly justified in saying that their opinion sucks.

However, if you are of the camp that believes that all opinions are sacred then this rule does not apply to you and you have chained youself to an eternity of allowing opinions that aren't good opinions in your opinion and you can never express your opinion that perhaps these opinions should be crushed.

well, really that's just my opinion.
Yeah. Im starting to see that it's my opinion that we should try to respect other's opinions...

Old Manus
11-01-2005, 09:14 PM
That means that you didn't understand your opinion

http://www.tennscreen.com/tips/matrix/oracle.jpg

vivi knight
11-02-2005, 05:31 PM
wtf ff7 bad:confused: :confused: :eek: :cry: :mad: this is what i have to say about him :screwy:

krayziesaiko
11-02-2005, 07:49 PM
Why does everyone dislike VII and VIII just because they are futuristic? I can understand disliking them if you don't like the game, but just because they are futuristic?

I have played all the FF except for III, TA, and CC, and I don't think there is anything wrong with them being futuristic. I don't know, I always thought FF was more about the world being in danger and you having to save it than it was about being in a particular time/setting.

Regardless, I agree with some of this (mostly the "best" categories) but I disagree with a lot of the worst. But I suppose that is probably because I like most everything about all of the games.

GunbladeMaster
11-02-2005, 07:51 PM
who dislikes ff7 or 8!?

Takara
11-02-2005, 08:23 PM
Me. ;) I think FFVIII is the worst game in the series, but it's not because of the futuristic setting.

Or at least, the worst of all the FF I have played and beat, which is all of them saved for FFX, FFX-2, FFXI, FFTA, and FFCC.

Meh, I agree with the author on some points, but disagree with most. Oh well, it's a matter of opinion.

Crossblades
11-03-2005, 01:04 AM
who dislikes ff7 or 8!?

I don't dislike VII, but I think it's way too overrated

crashNUMBERS
11-03-2005, 02:10 AM
I don't dislike VII, but I think it's way too overrated
You; Yeah you. Shuddap and gimme a high five...

Crossblades
11-03-2005, 09:09 PM
You; Yeah you. Shuddap and gimme a high five...

:D

*high fives Chaos*

crashNUMBERS
11-03-2005, 09:26 PM
Yeah. That's one rare opinion. Saying it's overrated. I have the same. And most refer me as Crash, by the way...

childroland
11-03-2005, 09:30 PM
I have played almost every FF. The ones I haven't played are 6,11,and 12

crashNUMBERS
11-03-2005, 09:39 PM
Not to be mean, but what's your point?? What does this have to do with this thread...

Crossblades
11-03-2005, 11:56 PM
Yeah. That's one rare opinion. Saying it's overrated. I have the same. And most refer me as Crash, by the way...

A rare opinion indeed.

Whenever people say FF VII is the greatest FF, I'll be like "shut the hell up, loser. You don't know greatness unless you played FF 1-6" (not here though)

Destai
11-04-2005, 12:11 AM
Not to be mean, but what's your point?? What does this have to do with this thread...He's just giving his opinion Crash : p *sniggers*

ThroneofDravaris
11-04-2005, 12:53 AM
A rare opinion indeed.

Whenever people say FF VII is the greatest FF, I'll be like "shut the hell up, loser. You don't know greatness unless you played FF 1-6" (not here though)

When you say 1-6, you just mean VI right?

Thought so….

rubah
11-04-2005, 01:42 AM
ff2 is pretty good, I thought.

crashNUMBERS
11-04-2005, 02:43 AM
He's just giving his opinion Crash : p *sniggers*
That would've been funny in the right situation. See, s/he wasn't giving us his/her opinion. S/He was telling us s/he only played a certain limit of FF games. Now that is no where near considered 'opinion'...

ff2 is pretty good, I thought.
Love that game. Was done playing through it a while ago. I even rated it. I have yet to finish though...

[B]
Gameplay: 8.5
Graphics: 9.0
Audio: 9.0
Story: 10.0
Fun: 8.0

Takara
11-04-2005, 11:28 AM
When you say 1-6, you just mean VI right?

Thought so….

Or maybe he really meant I, II, III, IV, V, AND VI... :rolleyes2

And yes, I also think VII is overrated. My 5th or 6th favourite game in the series, but I still think it's overrated. There were better games made before and after FFVII, in my opinion.

Night Strife
11-04-2005, 12:18 PM
Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced is the worst FF. FF7 was the first video game and my favorite FF.

crashNUMBERS
11-04-2005, 12:46 PM
And yes, I also think VII is overrated. My 5th or 6th favourite game in the series, but I still think it's overrated. There were better games made before and after FFVII, in my opinion.
Same here. Mine go from

Final Fantasy III (9.7)

Final Fantasy IV (9.5)

Final Fantasy VI (9.5)

Final Fantasy V (9.3)

Final Fantasy IX (9.3)

Final Fantasy VII (9.3)

ThroneofDravaris
11-04-2005, 01:21 PM
Or maybe he really meant I, II, III, IV, V, AND VI... :rolleyes2

…I was making a po…oh, never mind… :mad2:

Crossblades