PDA

View Full Version : FF VIII fanfiction

Ishikawa Minoru
10-30-2005, 05:04 PM
I had nothing better to do so I decided to read all articles pertaining to the Final Fantasy saga on Wikipedia....I browsed the pages for the games and stymbled across something that piqued my interest:
"Final Fantasy VIII may perhaps be the Final Fantasy subjected to the most fanfiction creation ever, with the only exception being Final Fantasy VII. One Japanese fan even took up the job of novelizing the project, creating a 400+ page document. The backstory produced by the game's writers is believed to be substantial, with the segments used in the game merely the tip of the iceberg. While the game's storyline is vast in itself, some aspects of the characters' backgrounds, as well as the political and historical settings of the game, are not fully explored, leaving much open to interpretation and extension."
I have heard some stories about how this particular game impacted upon people's lives(mine included,as it's one of my favs),but I didn't really know there were so many amateur works available.My question is this:have you ever come across that 400+ page compilation?If so where and in what language(Japanese is sort of fine with me...I have plenty of time in my hands).
Also,right after the game was released here in Europe I heard about this boy in Spain who,after finishing the game,slained his mother and sister with a sword.Have you ever heard of this?Can you tell me more about happened?
Thanks.

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
11-03-2005, 06:38 PM
I haven't heard of any one being killed like that but I suppose with kids it's to be expected. I haven't found a full version of any novelised FFVIII, but I know that someone on the forum is petitioning to have the FF games turned into books. When I find the link I'll post it here.

Yep I found it.. http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/FF-Novels

Sign this, get your friends to too.

Kamrusepas
11-05-2005, 02:37 PM
I've seen a million novelizations over at fanfiction.net. Never read any, so I can't tell you if they were any good.