PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy X or XII

DynasticJam
10-30-2005, 07:36 PM
I have not yet played on Final Fantasy 12, so I don't know too much about it. Eversince Final Fantasy x came out, i thought that no other Final Fantasy game would be as good, but what do you think is best or looks best Final Fantasy 10 or Final Fantasy 12?

Destai
10-30-2005, 07:40 PM
ummm...Im gonna let someone else fill you in.

Wait, do you mean graphically? Then FFXII

Crossblades
10-30-2005, 07:47 PM
I have not yet played on Final Fantasy 12, so I don't know too much about it.

NO ONE has played FF XII yet, because it hasn't even been released yet >_>

DynasticJam
10-30-2005, 08:05 PM
Oh, I thought so, I wasn't sure!

Crossblades
10-30-2005, 08:28 PM
Well, technically you'll have a chance to play a demo for FF XII next month if you purchase Dragon Quest VIII

boys from the dwarf
10-30-2005, 09:33 PM
i think FF12 will be better. as cool as ATB may be its getting a bit old so at least the whole system on FF12 will be different to the others alot.

Vaprice
10-31-2005, 01:56 AM
XDDDDDDDDDDDD

I think this one mean's FFX-2.... xD xD xD

erm...... Plus with the fact that most people haven't played FFXII no one knows for sure how good the plot will be, graphics wise, music wise, etc. etc.

FFX on the other hand only had good graphics, FMV's, and okay music..... Tidus reminded me of some Jpop bastard I would like to hurt because Kpop is like totally sooo much better!

DynasticJam
10-31-2005, 06:16 PM
XDDDDDDDDDDDD

I think this one mean's FFX-2.... xD xD xD

No, I did mean Final Fantasy 12!

kikimm
11-03-2005, 03:59 AM
Yeah, now that that's cleared up.....xD cute.

I'm just going to compare them graphically-and I think XII is superior. I like the way the whole world looks a lot more than X. I like Ivalice. Plus, from what I've seen, it's just prettier in general.

crazybayman
11-03-2005, 12:14 PM
FFX on the other hand only had good graphics, FMV's, and okay music.....
I thought the music in FFX was pretty good.....although you're right there, they could have had better music, especially the random encounter battle music.

Still one of my 2 favorite FFs, and favorite games of all time.

The graphics and storyline in FFXII look very appealing, but I'm very skeptical of the battle system. I've never played FFXI Online, so I wouldn't know.

Destai
11-03-2005, 12:24 PM
I think FFX had better music than other FF's. The soundtrack was more varied.

Russielloyd
11-03-2005, 01:01 PM
The graphics and the clour scheme of things look better, but the battle music to X was a class track.

The graphics and storyline in FFXII look very appealing, but I'm very skeptical of the battle system. I've never played FFXI Online, so I wouldn't know.

Ive played FFXI and i skeptical about the battle system till i played it and its actually good, i like it.

Croyles
11-10-2005, 04:06 PM
Yeah FFXII looks to really be my kind of game, as I was in love with FFXI for a long time, but havnt been playing much lately due to the amount of time possible to spend on that goddamn long game!

Miriel
11-10-2005, 07:28 PM

I really like the battle system for FFXI so I'm fairly certain that I'll like the battle system in XII. In fact, given how many similarities there are between the two games, I'm pretty sure that I'll like XII a lot more than I liked FFX.

Chii_Asakura
11-11-2005, 03:58 AM
So, FFXII is NOT an online game like FFXI or it is? >.< I hated FFXI for only ONE REASON... they made it online and those with stupid dial-up were either unable to play like everyone else OR it was so slow, during the registation-- everyone gives up.

Crossblades
11-11-2005, 04:38 PM
So, FFXII is NOT an online game like FFXI or it is? >.< I hated FFXI for only ONE REASON... they made it online and those with stupid dial-up were either unable to play like everyone else OR it was so slow, during the registation-- everyone gives up.

It has been said many times that FF XII is NOT an online game. It just plays like one

Wuggly Blight
11-11-2005, 11:53 PM
There was final fantasy before FFX... I never want to see FFX or any cheep remakes dressed up as sequals ever again.

Croyles
11-12-2005, 12:14 AM
There was final fantasy before FFX... I never want to see FFX or any cheep remakes dressed up as sequals ever again.

Confused.

Ruskies
11-13-2005, 12:13 AM
I think that im gonna like X more then XII. The storyline in X was soo good and all the characters were awesome and most of all the music was great and I loved zanarkand. But im sure that Ivalice and the characters in XII will all be great, i already like ashe and pinelo. Im just not so sure about vaan. I am excited to see how the storyline will play out, i hope they make vaan cool to make up for his girly looks.

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
11-13-2005, 05:30 AM
For me X had a pretty weak plot compared to the other FF's, it was all about Yuna and Tidus, the rest felt like they were there to fill in the space. There were a fair share of likeable characters and there were those that were just way too annoying for their own good (im pretty sure you know who im on about).

As for 12 the story does seem appealing. The whole idea about a war rather than the usual we-must-save-the-world story arc doesnt seem to bad idea to explore! There are a fair bunch of characters (i just wish vaan didnt look like such a baby) that look great, its great to see how they all play out, it looks like they'll each get a fair amount of screen time to show their story and what not. Graphically it looks pretty good, not as good as 10 but if they put it down a notch to focus on a good story im all for it!

The battle system for 10 was good, not different from the other ff's but it was tweaked out to play out like a strategic rather than a think-on-your-feet battle! A little hesatent (sp?) on 12's battle system but i guess we shall all see when its released (if it ever will be!)

Over all im really excited and since i (or any of us for that matter) havent played 12, i'll still probably like 12 more. We'll see how much change pays off with this game.:D

Chii_Asakura
11-13-2005, 06:55 PM
It has been said many times that FF XII is NOT an online game. It just plays like one

Yeah, I guess I was just browsing through the screenshots and saw how similiar they look and it scared me. I shook my head and prayed it wasn't online-- it was hard not playing FFxI (which should be named FFOnline instead-- personally) Is there anyone else that felt either left out or lost when FFXI came out or is it just me?

But nonetheless, now I really can't wait to play FFXII (can you get the demo thing without purchasing whatever game it comes with?)

Chii_Asakura
11-13-2005, 06:58 PM

I'm confused as well... huh? -.-"

Wuggly Blight
11-15-2005, 05:30 PM
Its self explainitory, there are other Final Fantasy besides the god awful X.

Miriel
11-15-2005, 08:35 PM
Funny, ever since FFX came out, I was convinced that no other Final Fantasy game could ever be as bad.

I have high hopes for FFXII.

Dreddz
11-15-2005, 09:16 PM
I think I'd prefer FFXII, dunno why, but I cant say at the moment. So Im not picking. But I know one thing for sure, aint gonna be better than FFVII .....

Evolavas
11-15-2005, 11:04 PM
Funny, ever since FFX came out, I was convinced that no other Final Fantasy game could ever be as bad.

I have high hopes for FFXII.
You most be forgetting Final Fantasy X-2

Croyles
11-16-2005, 12:37 AM
nothing is wrong with X.

XII looks amazing

SummonerYuna
11-16-2005, 01:45 AM
Well I'm not sure because ff12's characters kinda look weird. I really don't like how they look at all. I'm sure the music will be good though!:D

FFX_fanatiq
11-16-2005, 03:27 AM
Well we can't really tell can we. But assuming 12 doesn't have a HORRIBLE SEQUEL, I choose 12.

SoulTaker
12-11-2005, 06:13 AM
FF 12 will be better

SoulTaker
12-11-2005, 06:27 AM
X Pros-Great story line, ending that came outta nowhere, best badass since Squall in Auron, great mini game,beautiful CG.

X Cons-Wimpy main character(you'll have to mute the tv so that your ears wont explode from hearing Tidus' voice, if you like mushy stuff you'll love this, no free roaming(biggie)

Yuffie514
12-11-2005, 06:42 AM
i got a chance to play the FFXII demo and it's sure worth my cash...