PDA

View Full Version : can I defeat Omega without Hero and Holy War

Butz
10-31-2005, 02:20 AM
I didn't get Laguna and Gilgamesh card so I'm really p0wn3d, and is there a way to reduce Terra Break damage? Even when I summon a GF with 9999hp Omega still manage to KO my party members all with 9999hp and one of them with protect :(

Is there a way to get Hero in Disk 4?

raskerino
10-31-2005, 02:24 AM
Defend.

Edit: If you go to the outside world I'm pretty sure you can get most of the cards as well.

Butz
10-31-2005, 02:34 AM
thanks, I'll try to get them.. any hint on where I could find them or who should I fight to win the cards?

Megalixir
10-31-2005, 02:36 AM
you can only beat omega weapon if your HP is 9999 for all characters, or you are lucky. omega has a nasty move that does 9998 (not a move that reduces your hp to 1, but does 9998 damage) to all charactes. I was arrogant and assumed my HP would be reduced to 1 the first time I attempted Omega. I beat him on my 2nd time after refining my Gilgamesh Card.

Point is, you CAN find the Ragnarok and play the CC memebers (if you have to for Gilgamesh), or if you can find the Queen of Cards, she plays EVERY rare card that you dont have (minus CC ones, possibly).

Or you could defend.

Ultima Shadow
10-31-2005, 05:29 PM
Don't... use... hero... or... holy war... ughhh!!!

Instead, just use the much more effective and reliable command known as "Defend"! Defend will reduce the dammage done by Terra Break to... *drumroll* ...ZERO!!! Yes, that's right! So don't bother getting those cheap hero and holy wars items. Save yourself some time and use Defend instead! ;)

Captain Maxx Power
10-31-2005, 05:56 PM
Initiative, Auto-Haste, slow down ATB, and you'll never see Terra Break.

Neco Arc
11-01-2005, 12:43 AM
you need defend, 1 or 2 phoenix pinions, and three people who has good limit breaks such as squall, zell, irvine or rinoa... and you can beat him...

Butz
11-01-2005, 04:41 AM
thanks, it worked quite well and I defeated him or it, whatever :D

* White Aeris *
11-01-2005, 04:34 PM
Don't... use... hero... or... holy war... ughhh!!!

Instead, just use the much more effective and reliable command known as "Defend"! Defend will reduce the dammage done by Terra Break to... *drumroll* ...ZERO!!! Yes, that's right! So don't bother getting those cheap hero and holy wars items. Save yourself some time and use Defend instead! ;)
thank you so much for this!!! i really needed help because my good game with nearly all cards got deleted (sister:rolleyes2) so i'm using her game... which has no cards! yay! i can finally kill him! :D

Ultima Shadow
11-01-2005, 04:43 PM
Just remember to use Defend right before Terra Break, directly after Gravija. Then be on standbye until Terra Break is over. Once it's over do whatever you feel like. Just remember that while defending, you can't do anything else. Once you put in another command for the defending character, you won't defend anymore. But as long as you don't do anything, you'll keep defending.

* White Aeris *
11-01-2005, 04:51 PM
thanks again!! :)

Calhoun
11-03-2005, 04:00 AM
heres a way to beat him before he uses Terra Break:

1) Have Rinoa, Squall and Zell in your party
2) Make sure they all have full strength (especially Zell and Squall), full HP's, really fast speed (try to get +20 and +40% to all), and you might want a good luck on Squall so he can get more opportunities to get the Lion Heart finihser in.
3) Once battle begins, have Rinoa cast Meltdown on Omega
4) Have Zell cast aura on Squall, and then Rinoa cast aura on Zell
5) Just keep using Squall and Zell to pound Omega with their limit breaks.
6) Just have Rinoa there for healing and magic stuff

Keys to the limit breaks:

1) Only use Zell's easiest combos (up + down directional pad and circle + cross)
this way his limit break will take out around 150 to 200 thousand HP's of damage on Omega if you do it right.

Hope that helps. Just be sure to keep healing up. Do it right before he hits Medigo Flame, which takes 9998 HP's out of everyone.

Also, make sure you have Bahamuts card when you go into battle, so you can use his Megalixirs

ThroneofDravaris
11-03-2005, 10:27 AM
You know this really makes me wonder:

What WAS the point of putting Holy Wars in FVIII, if you can easily do without them?

Christmas
11-03-2005, 10:38 AM
It is pretty much as the same as what's the point of having potions in the game when you can easily do without them.......

ThroneofDravaris
11-03-2005, 11:02 AM
I think I used a potion…once…

Hmm…

Neco Arc
11-03-2005, 11:13 AM
i used a potion - because abadon made me do it...

GunbladeMaster
11-03-2005, 04:37 PM
i was abused...

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
11-03-2005, 07:29 PM
i used a potion - because abadon made me do it...
heh...heh...