PDA

View Full Version : Good Party

Banishing Blade
10-31-2005, 03:48 PM
I have just gotten the game and im wondering what would be the best Party to use to complete the game first time. I have thought about using Zidane, Garnet, Vivi and Amarant.

Tell me what you think about good 1st playthrough Party, and what did you use at your first game play.

Flying Mullet
10-31-2005, 03:53 PM
It all depends upon your playing style.

Zidane, Steiner, Amarant, Quina and Freya are your physical attackers.
Vivi is your black magic.
Garnet and Eiko are your White Magic and Summons.

Granted each character has abilities that make them different from each other, but this is a good starting block for how to compose your party.

Crossblades
10-31-2005, 03:56 PM
I suggest you level up everyone. IMO they're all useful in many situations

GunbladeMaster
10-31-2005, 04:36 PM
for me i liked to use:

Zidzane (duh)
Steiner (he is very powerful and i dont know if there is anything bad about him)
Vivi (black magic is awesome, doomsday kicks ass :)...and vivi is cool)

now id recommend Amarant for the begining-ish
but later itd be nice to use Garnet and make her learn all the Summons
cas she is very powerful, especially Ark (in my opinion better than Eiko)

Why only Amarant in the beginning?
Because he is basically like Steiner except less powerful
Garnet has special features that Amarant does not have

Dreddz
10-31-2005, 05:33 PM
Zidane
Steiner
Quina ( essential )
Garnet

Zell>Everything
10-31-2005, 05:49 PM
Why Quina ever? I slaved long and hard for that Gastro Fork, and it was such a waste of time!
I'd say Zidane-compulsory
Steiner-Good tank
Vivi-He's the only kool character in the game, and he can do his lil tag team move with Steiner
Dagger, cos she can heal and summon.

I like Amarant. He's cool. He's a monk. Unfortunately he's also rubbish.
Eiko is cute. That's all she has going for her.
Freija is a lame rat thing. Plus she leaves then comes back, making her shizzle cakes.

boys from the dwarf
10-31-2005, 06:46 PM
i used amarant zidane vivi and garnet but i couldve swapped amarant for steiner if i wanted. steiner+vivi=:D.freya is an amzing character but seems as you lose her for most of disk two when you find her again shell be a very low level. you pretty much need garnet or eiko for healing. so you hould have zidane,eiko/garnet,then id definetly have vivi,then steiner if you like using vivis sword magic but if not id choose freya or amarant(i think freyas better).

Banishing Blade
10-31-2005, 07:11 PM
Now when i have heard some of these proposes I think i will swap Amarant to Steiner at this Party. Would it be a good Party then?

Thx in advance

GunbladeMaster
10-31-2005, 07:18 PM
haha
then ull have the same exact party as me

A WINNING PARTY :D

fflover100
10-31-2005, 07:48 PM
my team is zidane dagger vivi armarant:D :D :D

TheSpoonyBard
10-31-2005, 07:56 PM
Zidane, Freya, Quina, Eiko. The first three can deal 9,999 all the time once their abilities are maxed out, which for me usually happens somewhere on the third disc. I have Eiko for the small chance of Phoenix appearing if I am ever unlucky enough to get a KO.

Slade
11-01-2005, 08:52 AM
Zidane, Freya, Amarant and Quina. This is my favorite party. with these 4 you have no need for Vivi, Garnet and Eiko. Amarant can revive (No need for Garnet or Eiko), Quina can use auto life (likewise my last bracketed comment); Quina also has a whole heap of chunky blue magics that arnt as tedious and boring as watching Vivi's magic, plus Quina can attack for actual damage unlike Vivi; Freya is in charge of regen (see last bracketed coment); and the best thing is that all 4 of them attack for big damage. I find the game more challenging and more fun when I use this party. Although last time I had Eiko instead of Amarant, that was pretty good too.

asukaevaunit02
11-01-2005, 09:40 AM
1st time through zidane, vivi, garnet, eiko all around lvl60+ except eiko 55ish
2nd time around zindane, aramart, freya and vivi all around lvl55 except zidane 60

all beat the final boss

RaidenWeb17
11-02-2005, 02:14 AM
if its your first time go with the wimpy way with: Zidane, Dagger, Eiko, and Steiner.
if you want a small challenge go with: Zidane, Freya, Amarant, and Vivi. I put Healer on Amarnat and use him as a white mage.

TheSpoonyBard
11-02-2005, 02:20 AM
Take Healer off and utilise Amarant's physical attack. He can heal perfectly well with Chakra and Aura in conjunction with Reis' Wind. Once you get Auto-Regen you won't need to heal very often anyway.

RaidenWeb17
11-02-2005, 02:22 AM
I did that later in the game when i never had to heal anyways.

TurkSlayer
11-02-2005, 02:30 AM
Zidane, Quina (always), Vivi, and Garnet/Freya. That was my first party anyway, and it worked for me.

Christmas
11-02-2005, 02:39 AM
Zidane, Quina (always), Vivi, and Garnet/Freya. That was my first party anyway, and it worked for me.

Same.....:kaoyatta:

Chris
11-02-2005, 01:23 PM
IMO it does really matter which party you use, you just have to use Quina regardlessly. Her "Blue Magic" is very powerful, and its very low on cost.

sub zero
11-02-2005, 02:09 PM
i always have zidane garnet eiko and vivi

but thats cause i like magic and eikos holy attack is pritty good and eikos classed as a white mage and garnet summoner because of one spell holy only white mages get holy. oh and reflect times 2 is good on vivi blizzarga 9999 lol.

TheSpoonyBard
11-02-2005, 02:32 PM
Don't you find yourself getting low on MP very often? I'd have either Freya or Amarant instead of Dagger to use White Draw/Chakra to restore MP.

sub zero
11-02-2005, 03:00 PM
i dont find that i run out of mp as i tend to use tents in battle and at a save point befor a boss and tend to use low mp cost spells that do lots of damage. for example my odin with odins sword equipped dose 8k damage to all monsters and bosses

EPIC - MASTER OF COMBAT
11-05-2005, 06:04 AM
my fravorites are..
zidane- (cannot be removed most of time) plus is cool and very strong in trance.. deep down gatueneed best trancer
dagger- well a hero cant go without a hot heroic like dagger.. plus her later aeons hit high sometimes with boost and plus.. did i mention shes hot
vivi- strong black magic powers makes lulu look like crap (but i think hes a total wimp)
adamant-great powers and effects plus his throwing comes really helpful espesily in boss fights like the arc and several bosses afterward

ones i dont use
seinter- his sword skills are turly amzign but looks kindof lame but if i had lost any charcters in the game i choose this guy.
freya- strong and powerful plus reirs wind is helpful but she lacks speed very slow with jump ablity and plus she gots very little weapons she can use that i know of.
eiko- a healer alreayd got one plus dagger hotter.
quina- BIG. FAT. UGLY. STUPID. is those words reason engoht and besides she retarded with weapons.. i do have to say her trance looks pretty dang cool.
beatix- god why couldnt this cute kick ass person stay with the party..............................................................