PDA

View Full Version : Lunar 2: Eternal Blue

Ultima Shadow
10-31-2005, 04:55 PM
I've got Lunar 2: Eternal Blue, but not Lunar Legend. But should I get Lunar Legend and play trough that one first, or is it completely ok to play Lunar 2: Eternal Blue without having played Lunar Legend first? Is the storyline in Lunar 2: Eternal Blue extremely dependant on Lunar Legend, or doesn't it really matter whenever you've played Lunar Legend first or not. Just curious. :greenie:

edczxcvbnm
10-31-2005, 05:02 PM
I would say it doesn't really matter. The games take place 1000 years apart.

bipper
10-31-2005, 05:27 PM
yeah, the storylines are near sperate, but there are a lot of spoilers that will get you if you play Eternal Blue first.

If you like to be suprised, play legends (better yet, silver star story complete - its way better)

Bipper

Karl
10-31-2005, 06:02 PM
whats lunar legend?

crashNUMBERS
10-31-2005, 09:49 PM
They're different. Characters and all. Now if we were talking about LUNAR: Silver Star Story Complete that'd be a whole new story...

Ultima Shadow
10-31-2005, 11:45 PM
Is LUNAR: Silver Star Story Complete related to Lunar 2 or Lunar Legend?

XxSephirothxX
10-31-2005, 11:47 PM
Lunar Legend is basically a cut-down, altered version of Silver Star Story Complete. If you're going to play SSS, don't bother with Legend, but if you don't plan on playing SSS, then play Legend before Eternal Blue. From what everyone says, Silver Star Story is way better than Lunar Legend, so you might want to check it out. I thought Legend was pretty average.

Ultima Shadow
10-31-2005, 11:51 PM
Ok, I see. Well, then I'll check out SSS. But would it be completely crazy and wrong to play Lunar 2: Eternal Blue first and THEN Silver Star Story?

crashNUMBERS
11-01-2005, 12:00 AM
Here's the Order

LUNAR: The Silver Star
LUNAR: Eternal Blue

Then there was "LUNAR: Silver Star Story"; the first remake of LUNAR:TSS...

Then came another remake and a first remake for L:EB. They were (Bassically) "LUNAR: Silver Star Story Complete" and "LUNAR: Eternal Blue Complete"...

Then came along "Lunar Legend" which was a corny ass remake of LUNAR: TSS. It's way too different. By the way, LUNAR: SSSC is a kick ass game. You should get it...

XxSephirothxX
11-01-2005, 12:04 AM
Playing Eternal Blue before Silver Star Story/Legend really wouldn't be that big of a deal. You'll just know a few things in advance, that's all. If you want to play 2 first, do it.

Ultima Shadow
11-01-2005, 12:09 AM
Ok, thanks. Since the games never were released where I live, I have to order them from USA. And I'm just not patient enough to wait for SSSC to arrive over here (as shipping usualy takes a few weeks) before starting to play. xD

Lord Chainsaw
11-01-2005, 11:00 PM
If you play Eternal Blue first, then you're going to have some of the best plot twists from Silver Star ruined for you.

I'd recommend you wait and play SSSC first. Not Legend, but SSSC. While it isn't absolutely necessary for comprehension to play them in this order, this is the order you should play them in to get the most out of the Lunar Story.

Even if you have to wait, still play Silver Star Story first. It's worth it.

Lindy
11-01-2005, 11:04 PM
Here's the Order

LUNAR: The Silver Star
LUNAR: Eternal Blue

Then came another remake and a first remake for L:EB. They were (Bassically) "LUNAR: Silver Star Story Complete" and "LUNAR: Eternal Blue Complete"...

Then came along "Lunar Legend" which was a corny ass remake of LUNAR: TSS. It's way too different. By the way, LUNAR: SSSC is a kick ass game. You should get it...
Way to miss out Lunar : Magic School.

Ultima Shadow
11-01-2005, 11:11 PM
If you play Eternal Blue first, then you're going to have some of the best plot twists from Silver Star ruined for you.

I'd recommend you wait and play SSSC first. Not Legend, but SSSC. While it isn't absolutely necessary for comprehension to play them in this order, this is the order you should play them in to get the most out of the Lunar Story.

Even if you have to wait, still play Silver Star Story first. It's worth it.Okay, thanks. I guess I'll wait and play Lunar SSSC first, then. :cool:

UltimateSpamGrover
11-01-2005, 11:44 PM
On a different note, Lunar 2 was the bomb RPG... except the 3rd disc...

Alixsar
11-03-2005, 10:01 PM
Wait till you get to the epilouge of Lunar 2. It's so hardcore.

bipper
11-04-2005, 12:28 AM
Wait till you get to the epilouge of Lunar 2. It's so hardcore.

AGreed

crashNUMBERS
11-04-2005, 02:58 AM
Way to miss out Lunar : Magic School.
That was purposely!! I was mentioning the remakes of the first two games of the franchise...

*Translated into Horrible Pun*

That was purposely!! I was mentioning the clones of the first two babies of the generation...

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-01-2005, 07:33 AM

Then came another remake and a first remake for L:EB. They were (Bassically) "LUNAR: Silver Star Story Complete"
SSSC is the same game as SSS, not an additional remake. Working Designs just tagged the word "Complete" onto SSS's title when they brought it stateside.

and "LUNAR: Eternal Blue Complete"...
The remake of LUNAR: Eternal Blue is LUNAR 2: Eternal Blue--the "2" being the defining characteristic. And of course "Complete" is there in the American version.

Way to miss out Lunar : Magic School.And Strolling School. And Genesis/Dragon Song.

crashNUMBERS
12-01-2005, 12:43 PM
*Sigh*

LUNAR: The Silver Star (Sega CD, I think)
LUNAR: Silver Star Story (Forgot)
LUNAR: Silver Star Story: Complete (PSX)
LUNAR: Eternal Blue (Sega CD, I think)
LUNAR 2: Eternal Blue (PSX)
LUNAR: Magic School (Sega Saturn)
Lunar Legend (GBA)
LUNAR: Dragon Song (NDS)

Am I cool now?? :rolleyes2

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-01-2005, 01:58 PM
Whether you succeed at it or not, adhering to the whims of jerks that you correctly list the games in the Lunar series is not going to make you cool either way.

crashNUMBERS
12-01-2005, 07:17 PM
It was a joke damnit :cry: