PDA

View Full Version : legendary legends of the legendary game.

boys from the dwarf
10-31-2005, 06:54 PM
as you all probbably know. FF has a large amount of legends in it. like odin and bahamut. other than ones that have already been used, what legends would you like to be put in later FFs. id like to see the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse as enimies. any other ideas?

GunbladeMaster
10-31-2005, 06:55 PM
3 wise monkeys
thatd be funny

rubah
10-31-2005, 11:31 PM
Some urban legends would be amazingly amusing. Such as picking up a hitchhiker who died ten years ago, or renting a gown to go to a ball then passing out because it was covered in formaldyhyde.

Perhaps some more south american mythos, as we've only ever seen Quezacoatl from those.

There is surprisingly little from the Egyptian or Greek/Roman mythologies now that I think about it. Isis, orisis, set, anubis, or dionysius (bacchus wine was in ff2, but it was just a battle item), and apollo.

Most of those are overrated though, egyptian and greek. That might be why they used so much norse instead. Most people don't think about odin and thor and frigga.

Definitely some more of the homegrown japanese legends. We've had masamune an endless number of a times, and murasame and yojimbo, but I'd imagine there's others.

Captain Maxx Power
11-01-2005, 12:14 AM
The Legend of Bagger Vance.

DJZen
11-01-2005, 12:35 AM
Nicodemus Legend
http://www.vidiot.com/UPN/Legend/images/Legend085.jpg

six underground
11-02-2005, 11:38 AM
Some urban legends would be amazingly amusing. Such as picking up a hitchhiker who died ten years ago, or renting a gown to go to a ball then passing out because it was covered in formaldyhyde.

that would be awesome. wonder if it would work to put a bit of horror in FFs. :tongue: a The Ring- type enemy, with Sadako/Samara inching out a TV bit by bit like a tonberry, until she gives you an Instant-Death attack would be freaky :greenie: and you'd have to attack the TV set itself, or more of her would be coming

Tasura
11-03-2005, 07:12 AM
I wanna see a Loki!

vdogmrjacob
11-04-2005, 06:31 PM
Wow, great topic.

I guess I'd like to see more religion as a factor in the stories. FFX did an amazing job of this.

On the summons note, I think FFXII is diversing from the norm. They're using summons mainly from FFT, I'm pretty sure.

Other things I'd like to see: a yes to horror-RPG; more ninja characters; time travel (like chrono trigger, but with many more options) instead of planetary/dimensional travel, maybe even Donnie Darko style; different themes besides love/friendship, good v evil. Maybe even the definitions and manifestations of insanity, or religious vs. political struggle.

I guess that about covers it.

DJZen
11-04-2005, 10:22 PM
That's because FFXII is set in FFT's world, and FFT had summons that were mostly familiar to FF fans.