PDA

View Full Version : Better things to do?

Sasquatch
11-01-2005, 12:03 AM
Ever procrastinate? It's a bad habit, I know, but I do it all the time. Like today, for example. Or, really, this past week. I have a mid-term in my history class tomorrow, and a take-home quiz due in my chem class, tomorrow. I've studied for maybe an hour, total, and done none of the quiz. It's now after 6 pm and I should be done with chem and studying history, but no, instead I'm finding thinks to look around on the internet for. Or writing this post. I as thinking about making another journal entry, but I figured that'd take too long and I wouldn't have much time to do chem or history. I will do it, eventually, I just don't know when.

Anyway. You ever do that? Put off something important, something that needs to get done, to do something that doesn't matter?

The Summoner of Leviathan
11-01-2005, 12:06 AM
I finished my paper that was due at 5pm today at 1:30am this morning ^_^;

Necronopticous
11-01-2005, 12:10 AM
I actually find power in procrastination. The best papers I've ever written were done the day before they were due. I think the reason is because I am in one mindset throughout the entirety of the paper, and I'm extra focused on getting it done.

Captain Maxx Power
11-01-2005, 12:26 AM
My life up to this point has been one big procrastination. I'll do all the things I'd say I'd do in the morning, I swear.

Kirobaito
11-01-2005, 12:31 AM
I actually find power in procrastination. The best papers I've ever written were done the day before they were due. I think the reason is because I am in one mindset throughout the entirety of the paper, and I'm extra focused on getting it done.
Yep. I can't work unless it's at the last minute. I just can't concentrate at all.

nik0tine
11-01-2005, 12:33 AM
I would support this statement with experience of my own, had I ever written a paper without procrastinating 'till the night before.

rubah
11-01-2005, 12:36 AM
I put off writing two essays for school until the night they were due. I had a horrible week of sleep until that night and then I slept like a baby.

Marshall Banana
11-01-2005, 12:58 AM
Always, especially on essays.
For example, I have a one-thousand word rough draft of an essay due Wednesday, but I'm not doing it until tomorrow. =3

But it's usually not because I have something better to do, I'm just lazy.

Shoeberto
11-01-2005, 01:00 AM
Doing stuff at the last moment can be kind of fun, just to be able to say you did it. Doing it too often, I've found, is really stressful.

Rather than putting it all off, I usually do small parts of it at a time until I end up with a completed product.

Samuraid
11-01-2005, 01:03 AM
*procrastinates on posting a reply *

Yes. It completely depends on the available time, how interesting the project/assignment is, and my current mood.

Rye
11-01-2005, 02:55 AM
Constantly this year. I need to stop it. xD

Sasquatch
11-01-2005, 02:57 AM
Another example. Well, maybe the same one. It's now three hours later than when I posted this thread. I still have done nothing. I'm going to play another game of Madden '05 with a friend (I've been the Bears twice and beat him twice (Packers and Falcons, respectively), so we'll see how this game goes), and then maybe get to my Chem.

FFX_fanatiq
11-01-2005, 04:06 AM
ya ff is a better thing 2 do..

Primus Inter Pares
11-01-2005, 08:12 AM
I woke up at 3PM today, and I'm bloody proud! Can I get a cookie now?

Tasura
11-01-2005, 03:14 PM
I hav a huge chem assignment due tommorow, i probably wont work on it until 2am or so, and i have a 12 page chem essay due Friday, i dont even know what its n yet ^^ *gives PiP a cookie*

Breine
11-01-2005, 05:36 PM
I do it a lot actually... It's really annoying! :mad:

Yamaneko
11-01-2005, 05:40 PM
You can't really get away with that in higher education classes, especially ones that require research. I still do a lot of my non-research papers the night before, though.

RPJesus
11-01-2005, 05:40 PM
Oh god, I finally got around to answering this. I was going to do it before but... y'knoaaaw.

:D Oh guffaw!

Question, though, to Mr. Squatch:
Exams? Work? How? I thoguht you were in the army, so why now at school? Or is it something past school?

DarkLadyNyara
11-01-2005, 07:19 PM
I once stayed up till 2 am doing a report. Lest you think this is no big deal, I was in sixth grade at the time. And I've only gotten worse. :D

Sare
11-01-2005, 07:30 PM
I tend to do that always. It seems easier to put important things off till later.

Dignified Pauper
11-01-2005, 07:34 PM

Traitorfish
11-01-2005, 07:55 PM
I'm procrastinating right now.

mpjunior36
11-01-2005, 08:11 PM
One time in college I had a huge final paper for an upper level business class that I knew about since the beginning of the semester. I worked on it from about 7pm the night before it was due until 7am on the due date...and my first class for that day started at 8am. I got a B, too! So to answer your question, YES I procrastinate, and I do it often :)