PDA

View Full Version : Anime/Cartoons

*__*)
11-01-2005, 03:58 PM
Hey everyone, what's your fav. anime/cartoon ever? Do you have one that you have found to be inspiring, or just too funny? Tell us then, I cannot choose, because I like so many.

I guess my favorite anime would be Lupin the 3rd
http://hinomaru.megane.it/cartoni/Lupin/1a_serie/episodi/episodio_02/Lupin_e_Fujiko.jpg

I wish that they would send us all of them! Many of the episodes, the green coat and pink coated ones are not available in America. Too bad, because it's the best, I've even read just about all of the MonkeyPunch Lupin III manga.

But over here in America, it has undoubtedly got to be Aeon Flux!!!
http://www.hugereviews.com/images/Anime/Aeon10.jpghttp://www.moviebadgirls.com/capthumb/S_Aeon_Flux_03.JPGWTH, Aeon!
I can't post many of this one, since they'd be stricken down immediatly......:eek:
I don't know what it is. May be it's the raw feel to it, or perhaps it's the intriquing plot, but more than likely, it's Aeon herself. I can't wait for the movie to be released! It looks so good.

Azure Chrysanthemum
11-01-2005, 03:59 PM
*moves to Lounge*

As far as anime is concerned, I have several favortes. At the moment, Tsubasa Resevoir Chronicle, Full Metal Alchemist, and Bleach. And Slayers. I love Slayers.

I don't watch a lot of American cartoons, so probably The Simpsons. America never got into making cartoons and comics as a medium for adults as well as children.

*__*)
11-01-2005, 04:04 PM
I've never heard of any of those, sept for the simpsons. How good are they?

Ah, the lounge...never been here before...

GunbladeMaster
11-01-2005, 04:33 PM
simpsons rule

Family Guys rules all

followed by Futurama

i used to watch Yu Gi Oh!

The Summoner of Leviathan
11-01-2005, 04:47 PM
Anime: Loveless, Gravitation, Sailor Moon, Escaflowne, Witch Hunter Robin, etc...

NA cartoons: Simpsons and Futurerama...*thinks*...

Dreddz
11-01-2005, 04:54 PM
I like Macross Plus and Monster ........

edczxcvbnm
11-01-2005, 04:55 PM
I like .hack//SIGN, Futurama, Family Guy, Tsubasa Chronicle, Fullmetal Alchemist, Harvey Birdman Attorny at Law and some others. I do like X but I just got done watching that so I don't want to say anything yet having just come off the hype of it.

There are plenty of more adult oriented cartoons now but they are all still comedy based. That is the huge difference. I have not ever seen a whole lot of true comedy based anime. I have faith that Bobobo Bo Bo Bobo can come through but if anime has taught me anything it will get way too serious at the end and fuck it up.

Samuraid
11-01-2005, 05:21 PM
On TV...I think MTS3k, Futurama, or Stargate SG1 are my current favorites.

As for anime, I really liked .hack//sign, Rurouni Kenshin, Samurai X, and Trigun (haven't seen all of it yet though).

Captain Maxx Power
11-01-2005, 05:29 PM
Fist of the North Star = Teh sex

As for Western cartoons, nothing surpases the utter genius that are the likes of Johnny Bravo, Cow and Chicken and I am Weasel.

Venom
11-01-2005, 07:34 PM
my favorite anime is anything to do with hentai.

GunbladeMaster
11-01-2005, 08:02 PM
naughty naughty boy
:D

Karl
11-01-2005, 08:21 PM
witch hunter robin, wolves rain, simpsons, family guy, futurama....

i really gotta watch wolves rain again

Shoeberto
11-01-2005, 08:38 PM
Escaflowne, Cowboy Bebop, Hellsing ("ARUCARDU!"), Serial Experiments Lain, Boogiepop Phantom, Fullmetal Alchemist, Paranoia Agent.

And...Family Guy, Futurama, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Venture Brothers, Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law, American Dad and I'd imagine the Boondocks will kick insurmountable amount of ass.

Traitorfish
11-01-2005, 09:11 PM
simpsons rule
Family Guys rules all
followed by Futurama

Simpsons before Family Guy and Futurama?
:barf: :monocle: :yuck: :irked: :grumble: :x_x: :twak: :nonono: :hot: :grr: :frust: :Oo: :down: :chuckle: :tongue: :cry: And so on.
I'd also like to put in a good word for American Dad, the new cartoon from the makers of Family Guy.

Slade
11-02-2005, 05:16 AM
Anime: Hellsing and Ninja Scroll.

Cartoon: Theres sooooo many but I'd have to go with Teen Titans, The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, Ed Edd and Eddy and Time Squad

tootncartman
11-03-2005, 05:17 AM
Vampire Princess Miyu,Kenshin Wandering Samurai,F.L.C.L, Evangalion and would anyone happen to know if Demon Fighter Kocho was just a short movie or a whole series? Oh also Ghost in the Shell:Stand alone Complex and Drawn Together.

black orb
11-03-2005, 06:48 AM
>>> Anime: Bleach, Prince of Tennis..
Cartoon: Beavis and Butt-head..

Reine
11-03-2005, 07:25 AM
I have a thing for Master Gear...i'll post some pics when I get home (Im at Night School atm XD)

Tasura
11-03-2005, 07:39 AM
Woot! Anime! <_<>_>

Hellsing, Blood+, .hack//Sign, Chrno Crusade, Mouse.... and the list goes on for a long time. I havent met an anime i havent liked yet. :P

Simpsons, Futurama, Family Guy

Tai-Ti
11-03-2005, 07:44 AM
all my fave shows are cartoons, and i just realised that ^_^ I acctually don't think I watch any shows (except for movies and ROVE! live) that aren't cartoons.

fave anime: InuYasha, FullMetal Alchemist & One Piece
fave cartoons: Tupu, fosters home for imaginary friends & Rugrats
fave adult cartoons: Simpson, South Park & Family guy (also have seasons 1,2,3 & 4 or FUturama on DVD)
fave cartoon/anime movies: Spirted Away, Pokemon: the first movie & south park movie

StarlightAngel
11-03-2005, 03:49 PM
Tsubasa Resevoir Chronicle, Full Metal Alchemist, Bleach, Slayers, and Escaflowne :)

Me no watch American cartoons :eek:

look_out_below
11-05-2005, 06:33 PM
Favorite Anima shows: Ghost in the Shell:Stand Alone Complex (also Gig 2 of this series), Cowboy Bebop, Fullmetal Alchemist

Favorite Anima movies: Ghost in the Shell one and two(but of course), Cowboy Bebop the movie, The Cat Returns, Spirted Away, well anything by Miyazaki all his movies are awesome:p

Zeldy
11-05-2005, 06:46 PM
I havnt watched loads of Anime, but from what I have seen I have loved.
Princess Mononoke, Nausicaa, Spirited Away and Naruto.

I dont watch Cartoons anymore these days.

blackchocobo9999
11-05-2005, 06:56 PM
I cannot wait till Aeon Flux the movie comes to cinema in UK, it looks sooooo cool. I saw the anime of Aeon Flux on MTV, i thought it was pretty cool.