PDA

View Full Version : Causes of instant attraction

Yooniece
11-01-2005, 10:23 PM
I'm sure all of us are attracted to a variety of features in the opposite sex/same sex. But what physical or behavioral feature pretty much snags you at first glance?

For me, any guy/girl with black hair and light eyes can get my attention regardless of how good looking they might be. I'll pretty much stare at that person until I'm satisfied looking =P As for a behavioral feature... I'm instantly attracted to someone I see making all his/her friends laugh... but not in a dorky hands-in-pocket/searching-for-attention/nervous kind of way, but leaning back, smiling and telling his/her story with confidence, ease and animation.

Odaisé Gaelach
11-01-2005, 10:27 PM
Anyone with a Russian accent instantly has my attention.

Dignified Pauper
11-01-2005, 10:30 PM
Anyone with a Russian accent instantly has my attention.

coupled with the mediterranean (sp?) look of dark hair, dark skin and light eyes... man, any man like that could take me.

Flying Mullet
11-01-2005, 10:35 PM
I know my luscious ass has caused its fair share of instant attractions.

War Angel
11-01-2005, 10:35 PM
Women, mostly. Oh, and boobies. There's something about them....

Hmm, nevermind, there's something shiny in here. Most chances it's one of my few non-rusty bullets. Or something.

(I'll think of a proper response. I hope.)

Craig
11-01-2005, 10:36 PM
BOOBS AND BUTTS

Shoeberto
11-01-2005, 11:08 PM
Physically, it's mostly about the eyes.

Behaviorally, it can be summed up with a quote from Eternal Sunshine:
"Why do I fall in love with every woman I see who shows me the least bit of attention?"
I think most guys can relate to that one.

Rye
11-01-2005, 11:15 PM
Light brown hair, dark dark brown eyes, teeth that are not completely awful and tallness in guys is something that is very attractive to me.

Good humour, intelligence, not a joik are my main 3 things that I find very very attractive, but good taste in music/television is something I also find very attractive. :)

Yamaneko
11-01-2005, 11:16 PM
Physically: Not ugly.

Behaviorally: Not comepletely obsessed with herself.

Hawkeye
11-01-2005, 11:21 PM
A girl who wears emo glasses. Very sexy

Lord Xehanort
11-01-2005, 11:26 PM
Physical: Shorter than me, well-toned chest, curvaceous pecs, tight round posterior, tan, brunette, short hair, brown eyessometimes a little goatee.

Behavioral: cocky, confident, little half grins

ZeZipster
11-01-2005, 11:28 PM
Phsyical
Besides the usual for guys (the aforementioned boobs) I like a girl with the right amount of freckles. I'm very systematic when it comes to freckles, for redheads just a couple of light ones on the nose and for brunettes it doesn't matter just so long as they have freckles. Wow, now that I think about it I'm pretty neurotic when it comes to the physical traits I like in girls.

Behavioral
I like girls I can talk to, so usually I like girls who have the same interests as me. I think that's why I'm failing my Digital Design and Web Design class.

rubah
11-01-2005, 11:30 PM
band geeks get an automatic +5

people that whine about band get a -2 though.

Venom
11-01-2005, 11:31 PM
Girls that are hot.

RSL
11-01-2005, 11:32 PM
Physically, I go for a pretty smile.

Kingdom Hearts Fanatic
11-01-2005, 11:32 PM
Physically: Buff, extremely fit, everything about being large :D

Behavior: Dirty, nasty and very masculine.

Lord Xehanort
11-01-2005, 11:46 PM
Physically: Buff, extremely fit, everything about being large :D

Behavior: Dirty, nasty and very masculine.

HOW CAN YOU LIKE FILTHY MACHO MEN!? They're disgusting! I like clean, effeminate, well-toned guys...

Kingdom Hearts Fanatic
11-02-2005, 12:18 AM
Ewwwww....NOT FILTHLY!!!!! Just sexy macho men! I don't like scrawny and skinny boys.

Casey
11-02-2005, 12:23 AM
First it's physical attraction, and then personality.

Neco Arc
11-02-2005, 12:25 AM
yes a great girl has gotta have a great personality i reckon

fire_of_avalon
A pretty mouth and I'm down, hook line and sinker.

And a boy who doesn't get abrasive or weird when I start acting like me. Most of them think the way to my heart is to be sarcastic when I'm being my adorable self. xD

UWAOOOOU
If theyre freaking hot I'll probably like there personality either way.
I dont have any preferances really.

Captain Maxx Power
11-02-2005, 12:29 AM
Physical : A nice smile and eyes, and a oval face, preferably with a clear complexion.

Behavioural: Always smiling, having a laugh, generally being cheery.

Shlup
11-02-2005, 01:25 AM
His scraggly hair, his tight ass, his big hazel eyes, his hobbit feet, his manly nose, his pert nipples...

Oh, and he's nice too.

Reles
11-02-2005, 01:45 AM
I don't remember the last time I checked out a guy, seriously, so I don't know. I'm not lying and I'm not gay. >.>

kikimm
11-02-2005, 01:48 AM
Green eyes. And dark hair.

Also, I get made fun of for obsessed with lips, but I won't get into that right now.

Lord Xehanort
11-02-2005, 01:49 AM
Ewwwww....NOT FILTHLY!!!!! Just sexy macho men! I don't like scrawny and skinny boys.

I don't like really big guys, since I'm 6'5" and 265 lbs. Guys bigger than me scare me... I like my boys small and toned.

Vyk
11-02-2005, 01:52 AM
A girl that actually cares about people, and me specifically, has an advantage from the start. Caring, kindness, compassion. Its the biggest turn on to me. I respect it and cherish it.

Physical traits I don't reall concern myself with. I have my preferences, but I don't fall in love at first sight. I might fall in interest at first sight though. As long as they're not deathly obese or severly anorexic/bullemic. And really dark skin doesn't do it for me :/ No offense to black people and anyone super tanned. I'm not prejudiced. Just something about it really doesn't interest me for some reason. But I guess we can't honestly help what we like and what we don't.

But yeah, a kind and healthy girl is about it. Bonuses include a good sense of humor, possibly common interests in anime, video games, and internet sociality. And a good bit of immaturity. Not the bad kind of immature mind you. But we gotta be able to goof off together. I don't need anyone looking down on me for being a kid once in a while. If we can't have fun together, then we just can't be :D

TurkSlayer
11-02-2005, 01:56 AM
Dark hair, dark eyes, preferably Asian, smaller than me... and boobs. I'm not going to lie.

Jowy
11-02-2005, 02:11 AM
Someone who listens to me.

GooeyToast
11-02-2005, 02:15 AM
Physically, it's mostly about the eyes.

Behaviorally, it can be summed up with a quote from Eternal Sunshine:
"Why do I fall in love with every woman I see who shows me the least bit of attention?"
I think most guys can relate to that one.
Exactly (Great movie BTW)

I really look for eyes, hair, and other facial features. I prefer dark haired women, but not dark skinned.

Boobs and ass have no value to me.

T-MaN
11-02-2005, 02:17 AM
Nice eyes and loyal...don't care about the rest.

krissy
11-02-2005, 03:56 AM
i go for the soul

Nasarian Altimeros
11-02-2005, 04:37 AM
A few dodgy comments come to mind :shifty:

Anaisa
11-02-2005, 11:30 AM
For me, any guy/girl with black hair and light eyes can get my attention regardless of how good looking they might be. I hope everyone doesn't feel the same way as you as i was black haired and grey eyed and ive just spent a small fortune to become a blonde! I like small facial features cute looking people! with a good hair style And they have to be fit I couldn't find a slob attractive. And i like pale perfect skin and they've got to have expressive eyes and good teeth. And well toned slim figures. And they have to dress interestingly. Personality wise I like clever people articulate oh and i don't like wimps. And they must have the same sense of humour as me. Got to be ambitious and basically just like me psychologically and emotionally. We must like the same things and have the same take on life. Basically they have to be just like me! :clone: :heart: :lovers: (Its so obvious im going to be single for life:rolleyes2 )

mpjunior36
11-02-2005, 12:19 PM
Physical - Hot blondes with nice butts. Oh and girls that don't spend 2 hours on their make-up every day

Behavioral - Sense of humor

Mr. Graves
11-04-2005, 04:16 AM
Physical: We're talking about the body here, so I'll just say the breasts are the best feature. I like them a nice size; bigger than average, but not too big. If the implants at least look real, it's all good. Second best is the eyes. A nice pair of Blue or Green eyes is most attractive, indeed.

Personality: Someone who listens, who seems to care about my input. I also want to be in charge at least half the time, and this person should at least respect that. This person must be somewhat intelligent so we can discuss deep issues about the world.

Del Murder
11-04-2005, 06:20 AM
Eyes.

Karl
11-04-2005, 08:09 AM
*snip*

This link is not appropriate for this forum. ~ Leeza<!--http://www.rapidupload.com/d.php?file=dl&filepath=4559-->

i hate rap or hiphop or w/e this is, but this song is just too damn funny

Big D
11-04-2005, 10:49 AM
I'm sure all of us are attracted to a variety of features in the opposite sex/same sex. But what physical or behavioral feature pretty much snags you at first glance?Before I begin, I'll just mention that 'getting snagged at first glance' is different to a serious attraction, for me, but there are some things that stand out, and make me go 'wow!' without my intending it:

Firstly, being different. Standing out from the crowd, somehow. I really don't get moved much by 'stereotypical beauty'... I notice a combination of shyness and confidence, though - when someone stands back quietly, but still has a close-lipped smile on her face (as opposed to a tooth-baring grin). It suggests someone who's outwardly quiet, but a lot of fun to know. Not a hyper, in-your-face type. Someone who won't scream, "OMG HI, I'M [insert name here], NICE TO MEET YOU!!!" and get right in your face, but will chat in a friendly way if you say hello. That kind of behaviour really speaks volumes to me.
As for physical traits... it varies. Dark hair often stands out - especially glossy black hair. Fair skin, as well. Because of these two traits, I often tend to 'notice' goth/Japanese/Chinese women - but again, that depends on the individual characteristics; it's not a general trend. Normally, it's the 'demure but content' demeanour that snags my notice, at least as much as the physical things.

By the way - great topic, Yooniece:)

Neco Arc
11-04-2005, 11:23 AM
"I like big behinds and i cannot lie..."

or

"I see you baby, shaking that behind, shaking that behind, shaking that behind. I see you baby, shaking that behind. Alright don't touch me...":D

Breine
11-04-2005, 05:50 PM
First of all I'd just like to say that I have a wide taste when it comes to girls, but of course there are things I like more than others.

Looks: When it comes to hair color I usually go for dark/brown hair, but I also find blonde and (especially) red beautiful (In my only two serious relationships I was involved with a blonde girl in both of them). I really don't care about the eye color, as long as the eyes are pretty. And just an all-around pretty face.
When it comes to the body I usually go for taller girls since I'm a tall guy myself (I'm around 188 cm). I really don't care about the size of the breasts, but I do enjoy a nice behind :)

Personality: An all-around nice and interesting girl with good interests/hobbies, and who also has her own opinions and knows what she wants.

Winter Nights
11-04-2005, 05:59 PM
Just the face in general.

tastetherainbow
11-04-2005, 07:40 PM
eyes and smile

The Summoner of Leviathan
11-04-2005, 10:31 PM
I just randomly see people and think they are hot or not...No real order...

Also nice smells, that are not too strong are alluring...I hate when you go by a guy or a girl and they are covered in perfume or cologne...makes me want to barf...

As for behaivour, just a decent person, nice, smart, kind (general). Big egos turn me off, especially unjustifiable ones...Oh and machoism...In girls it is ditziness...It okay to be a little light headed at times, even I am like that, but not a constant state of mind...

Chaos
11-04-2005, 11:34 PM
I love nice eyes. I go for toned but slender guys, not so bothered about shade of skin, just good skin. And hands, I love hands....arms and hands have to be just right. Arms can't be overly flabby or overly muscular, slender and toned are the watchwords...but the hands cant be too effeminate. Need some masculine strongness there. I love the curve of the wrist....I dunno, I love hands.

Oh, and personality.

They need to have a good hands on approach. (bad joke)

Chaos

Little Miss Awesome
11-04-2005, 11:39 PM
Guys with long-ish hair, and are tall. I don't really think I'm that picky, just as long as they don't look all angry.

nik0tine
11-05-2005, 07:19 AM
Any pretty feature tends to stand out when someone has them. For me, though, I think that the eyes are the most important. I have found a correlation between beautiful eyes, and intelligence. I've yet to meet a stupid person with beautiful eyes. Also, the best looking people all tend to be intelligent, and they all have beautiful eyes. You can be pretty and dumb, sure, but you'll never be dumb and gorgeous.

Strider
11-05-2005, 07:33 AM
The two things that come immediately to mind are eyes and hair. Really long hair.

Old Manus
11-05-2005, 08:36 AM
I don't pay much attention to anything but boobs

Neco Arc
11-05-2005, 08:41 AM
...and facial hair...

just kidding :D

Alchemist of fire
11-05-2005, 08:56 AM
Japanese girls...so cute and such a hot language.

RPJesus
11-05-2005, 01:02 PM
Money money money.
All of you with your 'true personality's and 'kind fleshy heart's.
Jesus, MONEY!

Jess
11-05-2005, 01:28 PM
Physical: Eyes. I love eyes, if somebody has nice eyes they automatically get my attention
Personality: Somebody who can make laugh, and are easy to talk to and trustworthy. :)

boris no no
11-05-2005, 01:37 PM
well as long as they can make me laugh!also brown or black hair
blonde men just dont do it for me
oh and their eyes. as long as they are green or blue ^___^ not too many men out there with brown hair and blue eyes though

Sergeant Hartman
11-05-2005, 01:39 PM
Big perfectly formed jugs.

Celes
11-05-2005, 06:16 PM
Eyes! I don't care what color, if I can connect with someone when I look into their eyes, it is a big deal for me. I also like soft skin and a nice smile.

Freya
11-05-2005, 06:43 PM
Wow alot of you guys described me now i feel special ^.^

Physical:
Eyes, as many have said i too have a thing for eyes. Also when they make eye contact. What's the saying, the eyes are windows into your soul. Blonde, Brunette, Black, or Red i don't really care but i do like shaggy hair. if its kinda long but not long enough to put up. Smiles, they have to have good teeth. Not being ugly.And taller than me which isn't hard since i'm only 5'2' and a 1/2. And not fat but not overly buff just a guy who is slender. Like skateboarders, they appeal to me for some reason. And someone who wears band logos, or game shirts[they express what they like]. And i tend to go for guys with some kinda muscial talent. Like guys in bands, that's way hot to me.

Personality:
If they have a sense of humor. I love to laugh. But not one that's like making fun of people but one that everyone can laugh at. Cause i don't like jerks. Nice to me and bothers calling me instead of me having to call them to talk to them when they can easliy call to talk to megrrr adam And honestly guys who arn't afraid of doing anything with me. I don't like guys who are way to "grabby" but i like them so that after you know them for a little bit they wont be afraid to kiss you. Cause having to wait a month before the decide to hold your hand aint fun. Guys who wont be afraid to be themsleves around me when their friends are around. Oh and one who doesn't think it's weird thta ilove video games.

That sums it up pretty nicely i think.

Zeldy
11-05-2005, 07:16 PM
Green eyes with Black dyed hair with feathers

I do like eyes. But Personality is more important for me, I like being made to laugh.

Drift
11-05-2005, 09:54 PM
personality: not too outgoing, not too shy.
looks: as long as she isnt bucked toothed and looks like a man i'll accept most things :)
me: able to hold a coherant sentence. then i'll be sorted :D

Rinoa_Heartillly
11-06-2005, 11:06 AM
I'm sure all of us are attracted to a variety of features in the opposite sex/same sex. But what physical or behavioral feature pretty much snags you at first glance?

For me, any guy/girl with black hair and light eyes can get my attention regardless of how good looking they might be. I'll pretty much stare at that person until I'm satisfied looking =P As for a behavioral feature... I'm instantly attracted to someone I see making all his/her friends laugh... but not in a dorky hands-in-pocket/searching-for-attention/nervous kind of way, but leaning back, smiling and telling his/her story with confidence, ease and animation.

I go for both, physical and behavioral, I'm shallow like that when it comes to guys. Pretty much they have to be asian or very handsomeish, but moreso of their attitudes. I like loners that have a meaning to be loners....I can't quite explain it. Also they have to be alittle bit taller than me, and have loyality and like 3 or 4 yrs old than me.

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
11-06-2005, 11:42 AM
Long dark Hair. NO CHAVS!!!! Brown eyes. Kind personality. intelligent. (Bulgarian Accent - She'll never go out with me though...)

Ultima Shadow
11-06-2005, 01:54 PM
The list of sexy stuff:

Welcome, all of you hot chicks! ;)

This is the official list of just about all my preferances for a hot girl. If you want to know how hot and totally awesome you are, simply check all the sections and count your "points". Once you've figured out your total amount of points, check out the "points" section to find out how much of an ultima-babe you are. ;)

Note: As long as you're not related to Rydia, the max amount of points possible is 64... if I counted correctly. In the personality section you can pick many different options at the same time, but some things can't be paired with others. In the music section you can't pair different types of music. If you like more than 1 of those stated, only the one that gives the most points counts, or if it's negative points, then it's the one that gives the most negative points that counts. If you like both possitive and negative rated music, then it goes like this:
+3 music= 3 points -1 music= -1 points= 3-1= 2 points total.

Specials: If you've got a -3, -4 or -5 but still a whole lot of total points, then it goes like this:
For every -3, remove 5 points instead!!!
For every -4, remove 15 points instead!!!
If you've got any -5s, then you're simply not my type, even if your overall score is high. ;)

If you've got more than just one +5, then every +5 turns into a +10.

Positive points:
+1= Good! +2=Very good! +3= Great +4= HAWT!!! +5= Marry me!!!

Negative points:
-1= I can live with that. -2= No, thanks. -3= Ewww. -4= GROSS!!! -5= STAY AWAY FROM ME!!!

Well then... let's start!!! :greenie:

Eyes:
Brown: +2
Green: +1
Blue: neutral
Gray: -1
Red, burning snake eyes: -2

Hairstyle:
Far too short smooth-haired: -3
Short smooth-haired: Neutral
Med-sized smooth-haired: +3
Long smooth-haired: +3
Far too long smooth-haired: -1
Punk-stylish: -3
Far too short ruffled hair: -4
Short ruffled hair: -2
Med-sized ruffled hair: Neutral
Long ruffled hair: Neutral
Far too long ruffled hair: -2
Cloud's hairstyle: -5

Hair colour:
Mixed: Depends on colours
Black: +2
Dark Brown: +3
Light brown: +2
Blonde: +1
Red: Neutral
Blue: Neutral
Green:
1) If lime, punk-stylish green hair, then: -2
2) If it's a darker green, plain and simple, then: neutral
3) If it's Rydia's anime-stylish green hair, then: +10 ;)

Face:
Average: +1
Above average: +2
Overall goodlooking: +3
Very cute: +4
Super cute and extremely goodlooking: +5
Nerdy: -2
Extremely nerdy: -3
Overall gross: -4 (lol)
Is that your face or your ass?: -5

Boobs:
Non-existant: -4
Small: -1
A little below average: Neutral
Average: +2
A little above average: +4
Big: +3
Even bigger: Neutral
Too big: -2
Far too big: -4
Horribly over-sized: -5

Body size part 1:
Sexy and perfect: +4
Slim: +3
Skinny: -2
Fat: -2
Average (what's average in MY opinion, that is): +2

Body size part 2:
Far too short (dwarf): -4
Short: neutral
A little shorter than average: +3
Average: +3
A little taller than average: +2
Tall: neutral
Too tall: -2
Far too tall: -3
I didn't know ogres existed: -5

Music-taste:
Hip-hop: -2
Rapp: -3
Pop: Neutral
Punk: Neutral
Death/Black metal: Neutral
Heavy Metal: +2
Symphonic Metal: +3
Power Metal: +3

Personality:
Funny: +2
Very funny (can't be paired with "funny"): +3
Crazy humor: +4
Video-game freak: +3
RPG freak: +4
Fantasy and/or sci-fic freak: +2
Anti-social: Neutral
A bit too social: Neutral
Average social attitude: +1
Negative nature: -2
Possitive nature: +2
Calm: +2
Hyper: +1
Freaking hyper all the time: -1
Egoistic in a witty manner: +1
Seriously egoistic: -2
Satanistic: -3
Strongly beliving in any kind of religion: -3
Just another "regular beliver": -1
Atheist: +2
Nice: +3
Far too nice (can't be paired with "Nice"): +1
Stupid: -2
Sadistic: -1
Horny: +1
Far too horny: -2
Romantic: +4
A bit too romantic all the time: Neutral
Overall awesome: +5

Well... that's it! :p

Note: If you are the summoner Rydia from FFIV, you automatically gets an instant +100 points. :D

If your total amount of point is a NEGATIVE number, then I'll stay away from you...

If you have have a total of 0-10 points, then I'd never date you.

If you have a total of 10-20 points, then I'd prefere someone else.

If you have a total of 20-30 points, then I'd probably like you.

If you have a total of 30-40 points, then I WANT YOU.

If you have a total of 40-50 points, then I'm all yours, baby!!! ;)

If you have a total of 50-60 points, then I'd be yours forever!!! :D

If you have a total of 60+ points, then you're my dreamgirl!!! :love:

Oh, and feel free to PM me your results! ;)
(http://forums.eyesonff.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=10802)

Yes, I know. It's not like anyone cares, but I still just love doing this. :love:

Kamiko
11-06-2005, 02:28 PM
... wow
Um skinny is a big plus.
Tall is nice.
Long hair, I abhor short haired guys.
Other than that I really don't care.
They have to be kind of free spirited and original for me to even talk to them though.

Loony BoB
11-07-2005, 12:17 PM
More than anything, a nice voice. Other ideals... hmm. I definitely like short girls, they're very cute. Wavey hair is nice. Not frizzy - long waves. Uhm. A beautiful smile, definitely. You can't go without the smile. Eyes, it seems I have a thing for hazel/green eyed girls, although I don't mind brown eyes either. Blue eyes I find offputting, especially if they're the brighter blue. A nose that isn't a mere extension of the forehead. Full cheeks. Non-Angelina-Jolie-sized lips. I'm not a huge fan of big, fat lips. And as for overall body - petite. You know, with curves. Extremely skinny is a nono. I like a girl who can eat without freaking out about it.

But that's only for instant attraction.

Cuchulainn
11-07-2005, 01:30 PM
I'm hot, I'd pretty much do me if the mirror wasn't so cold.

PS: You'll be seeing a lot of these short needless posts by me in the future. It is a result of my gradual detachment from the collective.