PDA

View Full Version : Need help about my Party..........

greymon138
11-03-2005, 12:39 PM
I wanted a TIAMAT, since I discovered that Reis can us her Dragon skills on a Tiamat. But this was my problem......
I already had 16 units in my party. I didn't want to dismiss Boco. I also didn't want to dismiss Rad, Lavian and Alicia. Who should I dismiss to have a Tiamat? Any suggestions......... I am going crazy in deciding......:eek:

BudSoda02
11-03-2005, 01:12 PM
Oh man! You're in the same dibacle that I am. How to decide. Just weed out one of your other generic characters that has the lowest brave and faith of everyone. I found this an easy way to decide.
Thanks- BudSoda02 BudSoda02@yahoo.com

BG-57
11-03-2005, 01:55 PM
I find it's best to dismiss all generics except for two until you finish all the propositions. Once you're done with propositions, dismiss all remaining generics and concentrate on breeding monsters in the remaining slots. It's much easier to breed one monster class at a time.

Ultimately I dismissed Boco, Rad, Alicia, Lavian and all my other generics. One I finished poaching and breeding, I dismissed all but two Tiamats, leaving two empty slots. I then recruited two generics and named them Alicia and Rad.

greymon138
11-04-2005, 10:01 AM
What! You dismissed Rad, Alicia and Lavian!:eek:
I didn't dismissed them because they say something if you press select and then pointed to their name.
Oh, there is a problem about your suggestions:
I DON'T HAVE GENERICS!!!!!:cry: :cry:

BG-57
11-04-2005, 12:30 PM
Rad, Alicia, and Lavian are generic characters though. Their appearance changes when they change jobs just like any other soldier you can recruit. They have no unique skills like Guts or Mighty Sword. Their names stay the same simply because they're involved with the main plot, albeit in only one scene.

You can keep them if you like, but it'll make breeding monsters more difficult. Just try to do as much breeding as you can before you fill up your ranks with the likes of Cloud and Worker 8. You can breed almost any class before Nelveska Temple except for Hydras.

Prancing Mad
11-04-2005, 05:05 PM
I don't like mosters that much 'cause you can't customize them as much as generics. In fact, a lot of characters with special abilities instead of squire, are usually trashed by me. Only ones I keep are Reis, Orlandu, Mustadio (I throw him out once all the secrets are done), maybe agrias, and beowulf. As for monsters, if I have any, they're tiamats. They are a good class as far as monsters go!

BG-57
11-04-2005, 05:28 PM
Agreed. Other than Tiamats, I only breed monsters to get poachable items.

I keep unique characters, even the useless ones (like Malak) simply because I can't invite or otherwise recruit replacements. So when I'm out of space, generics are the first to go.

ShaunOfShadou
11-06-2005, 01:51 AM
What! You dismissed Rad, Alicia and Lavian!:eek:
I didn't dismissed them because they say something if you press select and then pointed to their name.
Oh, there is a problem about your suggestions:
I DON'T HAVE GENERICS!!!!!:cry: :cry:
By the time I had the option of recruiting Rad, Alicia and Lavian, all my characters were a job class ahead. I used them for treasure hunting and adventures (see: Bar) and then eventually scrapped them to make room for later, greater characters. (eg. Meliadoul(sp?), Orlandu, Cloud, etc)

I would get rid of Rad. He's the weakest of three.

I held onto Boco as well, though. :)

greymon138
11-06-2005, 05:41 AM
Oh well, I guess I'll just forget about Tiamats. Anyway I got all poachable items. Maybe Byblos and Worker 8 and Boco:choc: will be enough for me.
I just like Alicia, Rad and Lavian. I use them in propositions, and I finished all propositions, but there is a problem. I didn't become a master treasure hunter. I became a master adventurer, but I didn't become a master treasure hunter. What did I miss?

BG-57
11-06-2005, 03:04 PM
This is an accurate master list for all propositions that give Treasure. The Tactics guide has some of these wrong:

Proposition
City
Cost (Gil)
Job Class
Reward

Hidden Trap at the Maze
Bervenia Free City
Treasure

One Activity
Bervenia Free City
Treasure

Minimum’s Melancholy 1
Dorter Trade City
Treasure

Minimum’s Melancholy 2
Dorter Trade City
Thief
Treasure

Win the Magic Contest
Gariland Magic City
Summoner
Treasure

Miners Wanted 2
Goland Coal City
Monk
Treasure

Machinist Contest
Goug Machine City
Chemist
Treasure

Salvage the Trade Ship
Goug Machine City
Knight
Treasure

Girl at Gulg Volcano
Igros Castle
Knight
Treasure

Ringing of the Bell
Igros Castle
Wizard
Treasure

Theif Zero Reborn!
Igros Castle
Knight
Treasure

Sunken Salvage Tour
Lesalia Imperial Capital
Treasure

Mine Excavation Tour
Lesalia Imperial Capital
Treasure

Theif Zero Returns!
Lesalia Imperial Capital
Knight
Treasure

Chocobo Restaurant
Limberry Castle
Monk
Treasure

Protect the Little Life
Lionel Castle
Treasure

Emissary of Lionel
Lionel Castle
Treasure

Challenge of Zero
Lionel Castle
Knight
Treasure

Sea of Gredia Island
Riovanes Castle
Geomancer
Treasure

Letter to Love
Riovanes Castle
Treasure

The Greatest Plan
Riovanes Castle
Treasure

True Romance
Warjilis Trade City
Treasure

Miner’s Tour 2
Yardow Fort City
Squire, Knight, Archer
Treasure

Envoy Ship Falcon
Yardow Fort City
Monk
Treasure

Win the Yardow Fight!
Yardow Fort City
Knight
Treasure

Zaland Embassy
Zaland Fort City
Treasure

Cliff of Himuka
Zarghidas Trade City
Treasure

Ore of God
Zarghidas Trade City
Treasure

Larner Channel Waves
Zeltennia Castle
Time Mage
Treasure

How Much is Life Worth?
Zeltennia Castle
Chemist
Treasure

Phantom Thief Zero
Zeltennia Castle
Knight
Treasure

Despotus
11-20-2005, 09:03 PM
I finished all propositions, but there is a problem. I didn't become a master treasure hunter. I became a master adventurer, but I didn't become a master treasure hunter. What did I miss?
Probably was one of the Contests (Machinist Contest, Magic Contest, etc.) or Fights (Yardow fight, etc.) because they only occur as propositions in certain months of the year and are easily missed. Just go check to see if you have finished all of the Fights and Contests by checking your job record in the Brave Story. If you are missing one or more, check the city where that contest happens. If it's not there yet, advance the calender one month and check again, repeat until you get the contest and hopefully the Treasure.

BG-57
11-22-2005, 12:54 AM
Win the Magic Contest appears around August 31rst.

Win the Zaland Fight appears in April, but you only get Gil from it.