PDA

View Full Version : 5 years ago...

edczxcvbnm
11-03-2005, 03:46 PM
I was just an asshole in collage and joined this message board. Now it is 5 whole years later and I am still around...ish and still an asshole. But the rest of my life has changed. I graduated and now have a job in my field.

5 years ago this place was beckoning on its first year. The rules were more lax. Kawaii was just a newbie and a mod. There was an FFXI forums(yeah...I know).

Where were you 5 years ago and how have you changed/what have you noticed that has changed?

Chris
11-03-2005, 03:50 PM
I was in school and had a life. Now 5 years later, I'm not in scool and have no life. :eep:

StarlightAngel
11-03-2005, 03:53 PM
I was a stupid little 8 year old :rolleyes2

Resha
11-03-2005, 03:56 PM
I was 10. I can't remember what I did, but whatever it was, it brought me here. xD

Dignified Pauper
11-03-2005, 03:58 PM
I was 13, in highschool. I didn't know about EoFF until 2001 when my cousin registered. I posted seldomly under his name, and then just last year I made my own nick! Because my cousin was b-b-b-baaaannnnned.

other than that, i was an eighth(why does that look so funny?) grader or freshman, depending on when it was. At this point, I was definitely a froshy.

Now I'm a soph in college and better than everyone else.

Rusty
11-03-2005, 03:59 PM
5 years ago I was 11 years old, almost 12. Living in Devonport, Tasmania with my mother and sister and three/four dogs. I'm sure that was the year when I was in car crash number 3.

5 years later, I now live my Dad - as I have since I was 13. I'm turning 17 in January, got a good idea of what I want in life. I have friends, family and am happy. A lot has changed for me in the last 5 years.

Hawkeye
11-03-2005, 03:59 PM
Its been too longer to remember, and I really dont care to remember

Old Manus
11-03-2005, 04:00 PM
In my mummy's tummy

Shoden
11-03-2005, 04:02 PM
I was a physically small 11 year old with speech difficulties and bad grades.

Jess
11-03-2005, 04:06 PM
I can't remember what happened yesterday let alone 5 years ago.

theundeadhero
11-03-2005, 04:11 PM
5 years ago I was a Senior in High School. I had just stolen my girlfriend of the time from this guy I didn't really like. I worked at Pizza Hut and my diet consisted of only Pizza Hut. I had my 79' Ford truck at the time and that's what I drove around in. All I wanted to do in life was start a grunge band and rock out. My best friends at the time are still my best friends today. We threw a party every Saturday. Those days were the beginnings of what we now call the Saturday Night Tradition. Man, those times were great.

Now I'm working on my last year in the Army in the middle of a big freaking desert. I look forward to going home and going back to college. The Saturday Night Tradition has been dead for 3 1/2 years.

escobert
11-03-2005, 04:16 PM
I was a stupid 15 year old that found a stupid website and then joined it. Wait and now I'm posting at it!

Yamaneko
11-03-2005, 05:07 PM
I was in high school doing stuff. Can't remember, but it probably sucked.

Half a decade, ed. That's crazy. I'll have been here half a decade in August. Here's to another five years, ed. Unless I ban you.

Karl
11-03-2005, 05:10 PM
I was in school and had a life. Now 5 years later, I'm not in scool and have no life. :eep:

Itsunari 2000
11-03-2005, 05:28 PM
I was a naive, cocky twelve year old coming on thirteen. I've changed a lot.

DMKA
11-03-2005, 06:00 PM
I had been living back with my real parents, in Oklahoma, for three months and was in my sophmore year of high school at my new crappy school that I ended up graduating from. This was about the time I was really trying to get the hell out, and that continued up until two months ago when I finally did.

fire_of_avalon
11-03-2005, 06:10 PM
I was fifteen and there just wasn't that much important in life. I guess I was pretty mellow. Everything before and after that has been pretty hellish, but fifteen was my year to be okay, i think. I don't really remember much about it.

Fire_Emblem776
11-03-2005, 06:11 PM
i was in 9 or 10hth grade? man its been a while..

Captain Maxx Power
11-03-2005, 07:25 PM
Around this time still at comprehensive. I was still making mainly fart and sexually eplicit jokes. Plus I was a complete wuss. Now I'm older, smarter, more witty-than-your-average-bear, and don't take no carp from no one.

Reine
11-03-2005, 07:36 PM
I began my fall from "having a life" to "has a crap life" to "no life"

High School = Evil Vampiric Force that drains life energies`

SammieBabe
11-03-2005, 08:24 PM
I was a very stupid 19 yr. old with no job and an even stupider boyfriend.... Now I'm a slighty silly 24 yr. old, with a great job and married to a wonderful man.... Here's to change... :beer: .. may it bite us in the ass when we need it....

themagicroundabout
11-03-2005, 08:41 PM
5 years ago i was...9 and, at 9 years old I...i did...erm...i cant remember much stuff :(
but now, I...I'm...well..yeah :)

kumbyah! kumbyah! kumbyaaaaaaaah! :sing:

Spammerman
11-03-2005, 08:43 PM
I didnt know any ppl i know now on eoff, i grew in eight, im smarter, i moved like twice, my teachers are mean now, i get in lots of trouble, im random and ppl consider me weird.

Alive-Cat
11-03-2005, 08:50 PM
I was an annoying ten year old with no spam outlet...:mad:

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
11-03-2005, 09:06 PM
I had just started secondary school, was a real boff, never played and computergame and had not yet discovered the joys on Final Fantasy.

now I am a normal....well almost normal 16 year old..... unemployed good for nothing student... and proud of it!!!!!!!!!! YAYYY!!!!

Alixsar
11-03-2005, 09:24 PM
Let's see...five years ago I was a really emo fifteen year old. I was fat and lame. Everything sucked, and every night I'd go in chat or on the forums and either be lame or talk about how much of a pansy I was. The forums were just starting to pick up, but were still relatively small. Everyone knew everyone. Bossker and I would talk about Deep Space Nine and GRAAL, Dr. Unne was...well he's still the same, and Del Snizz and Chickencha were one and the same. And...I mean, Josh was 14! Linus was BARELY 14, do you remember that? Christ, man. Fourteen. He's in college now!

Now, I hardly ever look at chat or the forums (today is obviously an exception). I don't really talk to anyone from the forums anymore...not really. Every once and a while, but nothing really consistent. I hardly look at the forums anymore since it's changed so dramatically. There's some new fangled "rules" now. What the hell is that? Every so often I feel bad for not talking to these people, but I can't really think of any sort of way to communicate with them. I don't know. On the positive side of things, I'm in college now and I'm kicking ass. I'm not fat anymore, I'm way better at dealing with people, and I can pass all of my classes with minimal effort because I'm hard to the core.

I don't know. I guess I feel better that my overall quality of life is higher, but every so often I miss the days where sitting at my computer and writing about how awesome Chrono Trigger is and how awful FFVII is was all I needed.

edczxcvbnm
11-03-2005, 09:31 PM
Let's see...five years ago I was a really emo fifteen year old. I was fat and lame. Everything sucked, and every night I'd go in chat or on the forums and either be lame or talk about how much of a pansy I was. The forums were just starting to pick up, but were still relatively small. Everyone knew everyone. Bossker and I would talk about Deep Space Nine and GRAAL, Dr. Unne was...well he's still the same, and Del Snizz and Chickencha were one and the same. And...I mean, Josh was 14! Linus was BARELY 14, do you remember that? Christ, man. Fourteen. He's in college now!

I agree. I can probalby still recall most all the people who were on the staff from way back then and who was still a relative newbie.

*sings*
MEEEEEEMORIES....something something fuck this hsit!

Shlup
11-03-2005, 09:35 PM
Other than the normal things that change in five years, I don't think anything's different. Obviously I've finished high school, almost finished college, moved out of my parents' house, and am getting married soon, but that's about it. I still watch cartoons, eat the same foods, and like to throw things.

Rye
11-03-2005, 09:35 PM
I was 10 back 5 years ago. There's not many changes besides the obvious changes. I guess I've become a better singer and artist.

GooeyToast
11-03-2005, 09:43 PM
I was a scrawny 10 year old who liked more mature things than most other 10 year olds, and had a 15 year old's sense of humour. I was quiet and without many friends.

Yeah that's still pretty much who I am today.

Samuraid
11-03-2005, 10:13 PM
I had just started community college classes. I found EoFF from someone's AIM profile, saw a few people bashing computers and saying the PS2 was so much better, so I joined to chew them out, and look what happened. :rolleyes2

rubah
11-03-2005, 10:16 PM
I was a little astro geek five years ago, and I've finally come full circle back to that.

But at least I have better fashion sense now.

XxSephirothxX
11-03-2005, 10:28 PM
Five years ago I would've been in 7th grade; back then I hardly talked to anybody, never used the internet, and spent most of my free time reading or playing Nintendo 64 games. I was completely shy and pretty anti-social. That pretty much changed in 8th grade when I made some friends, and I've gradually become more and more sociable, though I still spend the majority of my time at home or at work and prefer hanging out with a friend or two than socializing with a group. I joined EoFF a little over a year ago, which feels like a pretty long time; it's incomprehensible to me to have been a member of a site like this for half a decade. I think I'd be sad to see so many people come and go, or would've left by now. But I guess it's more important to enjoy the present than reflect upon the past.

Zeldy
11-03-2005, 10:30 PM
5 years ago I was 8.. I cant remember that far back

Shauna
11-03-2005, 10:32 PM
I was an innocent little 9/10 year old. ...and, thats all I can remember.

Neco Arc
11-04-2005, 12:00 AM
hmm... on that day 5 years ago...

The great Sephiroth and I were investigating the mako reactor in the Nibelheim mountains. Mountains had started to appear and accidents were occuring there. Anyways before heading there I visited my friend's home where I checked out her home and even her closet. I also visited my mother who told me that it would be wise for me to have an older girlfriend. After we made it to the reactor. Sephiroth and I discovered mutulated people in capsules in the reactor. We then made our way back to Nibelheim. After a few moments, I discovered Sephiroth was in the Shinra mansion. Before that time i great respected that man as he was a great person and my idol. But now i discovered that he had gone crazy. He kept on rambling on and on about being part of an experiment and that he had found his true origin. He then went past me. As I got out of the mansion, i found my beloved hometown was going up in flames. It was Sephiroth's doing. I then went and rushed off to the reactor, but at the corner of my eye I saw a Shinra soldier tending to an old lady. I even found my friend's father lying dead on the ground. As I made it to the reactor, I found my friend wounded. I carried her to the side before I went into the next room where I found Sephiroth opening the pod containing a mutulated creature called JENOVA. He took the head and turned to face me, however my brought down my sword. He managed to get in my way where he plunged his own sword into me, but my anger helped me in which I took hold of his sword and threw it over the side of the bridge and into the mako. ....

Nah I'm just kidding... 5 years ago I was a kid who was in high school, not doing much except played tons of games....

Destai
11-04-2005, 12:08 AM
I cant remember what I did yesterday, I'll be damned if I know where I was five years ago.

boris no no
11-04-2005, 12:13 AM
i was a tender age of 15 about to start year 11 at school
my friends i had then are stikll my friends but i dont see them as often
i have changed quite a lot as then i had NO fashion sence and i was so boring xD

Reles
11-04-2005, 12:14 AM
5 years ago I was 12 and puberty hit and that's the age that I met James, Allison, and Cindy. Whom I all talk to pretty much every day still. Also, 12 was when I started to mature emotionally and I kind of grew up really fast. >.< Not because of anything terribly bad, but yeah, I noticed a drastic change in my attitude and whatnot.

Shoeberto
11-04-2005, 12:31 AM
Five years ago, I would have been in the sixth grade and a two-month-old newbie here having the time of my digital life.

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
11-04-2005, 12:36 AM
I was 7 :D !!! And i dont remember anything after that :save:
I have a bad memory sorry :D

Miriel
11-04-2005, 12:59 AM
5 years ago I was starting my Sophomore year in High School. I was competiting in my first band tournaments as a Dancer in our Entertainment Unit and having a really great time prancing around on the field and sticking starburst wrappers in my dance shoes for good luck. I was very happy 5 years ago.

nik0tine
11-04-2005, 02:41 AM
5 years ago I was a rabid conservative who wanted to bomb all of the muslims after 9/11. I didn't know jack about politics, and I only listened to what my mommy told me, but that didn't stop me from being totally elitist and hating everybody who called themselves a 'democrat'. I thought war was cool, I thought the death penalty was great, and I thought men should not be allowed to teach, and women should not be allowed to be soldiers. Man, I've made alot of progress.

kikimm
11-04-2005, 03:36 AM
This is some pretty interesting stuff, I must say.

5 years ago...I'll have to go read a journal to remember. I was a completely different person. So very insecure about myself, had absolutely no backbone, wouldn't speak my mind...you get it. ;) I was also really, really obsessed with NSYNC. And I was fat. Ish.

:cool:

Sasquatch
11-04-2005, 03:43 AM
5 years ago I was a rabid conservative who wanted to bomb all of the muslims after 9/11.

Actually buddy, that was four years ago. Not bad, though ;) .

Five years ago, I hadn't joined the Army yet, I still lived in Georgia, was still with my last serious girlfriend (last, until the current one, and I'm still good friends with her), barely had a Learner's Permit to drive, was considering joining the Navy or going Active Duty, and was one lazy fifteen-year-old.

All that's changed. Except for the lazy part.

Kirobaito
11-04-2005, 04:00 AM
I was 12 and in seventh grade. It was around this time that I was preparing to get Zelda: Majora's Mask and stuff. I was in band. During this time I really got to know Jeff from sitting next to him in Mrs. Rankin's Science class. I was taking Algebra I. I had not yet received a PlayStation. I hadn't even gotten into FF yet.

black orb
11-04-2005, 04:03 AM
>>> I was a newbie..

The Summoner of Leviathan
11-04-2005, 04:04 AM
I was in grade nine. I was kinda depressed still, and a tad angsty. I had friends. I was not confident, and was sometimes not all in controll of my emotions. I think I have matured, and discovered a lot about myself in the meantime.

Mr. Graves
11-04-2005, 04:21 AM
I grew up a lot. Need you know anymore more?