PDA

View Full Version : Romance Ouchies

Yuffie514
11-03-2005, 04:16 PM
...hey, save the "dorky, online romance/marriage" lecture for later. believe me, it's nothing new for me to brush off a guy online or play along with him, but it's different when it goes like... :eep: :

to shorten the story, i first began to play FFXI sometime before the last semester ended this year (May-ish or April-ish), as an Elvaan Red-Mage. not too many days pass and i met my first "friend" whilst i still roamed the knolls of my homeland, Windurst. i used my magic to heal him (and others w/low HP), but it didn't suffice (due to lack of experience), tho he was ok with it.

from that point, we chat, partied, even went fishing. really nice guy i thought b/c he lent me some equipment from time to time. i met one of his friends not long after as well. one day where i got stuck and ended "under the sea", she tells me he likes me (but i can't say a word). i kinda guessed he might like me, but who knows how many other gals out there he's met and liked already before i came along.

i left FFXI perhaps in August, only to return in Mid-October. me finds out he's marrying a Mithra (which i occassionally mistake for Galka). he apologized and informs me that he really did like me, but had no idea it was "mutual" when i left. why do shadows always suffer from sadness...never channel the "other side" of your personality into video-games and other online nonsense. i guess i should've not went for real-play.

i still congratulated him and didn't want him to break off marrying the cat-girl. knowing that i was above the "i like you so-and-so" line is good enough for me.

Flying Mullet
11-03-2005, 04:26 PM
I think you'll get over this.

Rostum
11-03-2005, 09:01 PM
No romance for me in FFXI. I have a girlfriend in real life. =\

Vaprice
11-03-2005, 09:41 PM
I have omecle.

Ouch!
11-03-2005, 10:47 PM
And I have Vaprice.

Lionx
11-03-2005, 11:03 PM
And i have hentai.

Destai
11-03-2005, 11:35 PM
Whenever my FFXI relationships dont work out I go up to my room with a box of tissues and a ben and Jerrys, Lock the door, play Alanis Morisette with the speaker turned up and cry into my pillow.

Germ Hamee
11-04-2005, 01:26 AM
I once broke a guy's heart on FFXI. The great thing about being a Tarutaru BLM is that I always have a hat on and nobody can tell what sex I am. My party was having a serious conversation and I made an offhand comment about my boyfriend. Suddenly I was being showered with attention by all the guy players, and one of them started stalking me about like we were together or something. Of course, horrible person that I am, played along with it.

Then, I finally took off my hat. I think he blisted me. I found it entertaining and didn't feel the slightest bit bad about it. It's not like I ever said I was a girl... :rolleyes2

...anyway. My only suggestion is to get yourself a really nice laptop with a wireless connection so that you can play FFXI where ever you want. Then, get yourself all dolled up, and go to a coffeeshop. *nod*

Roogle
11-04-2005, 06:40 AM
I don't mind it. I think that the end of a story will bring about the beginning of another story, so I try not to get too worked up about those types of things.

Yuffie514
11-04-2005, 02:06 PM
...note the previous entry [which now cease to exist since being edited]. i said i needed a miracle. miracle indeed...through words. 'tis guy likes me more than his bride-to-be and that makes for a win-win situation. now i feel a little sorry, but i can now rejoice with a:

:bigbiggri ... i guess shadows can have a little luck...

Rostum
11-05-2005, 01:00 AM
I'm not too fond of serious relationships like that over the internet, let alone an MMORPG.

Markus. D
11-23-2005, 12:38 AM
.... most mmorpg marriages are a guy and a guy.... so, sucks for him.

Rostum
11-23-2005, 04:20 AM
.... most mmorpg marriages are a guy and a guy.... so, sucks for him.

Untrue.

Yuffie514
11-23-2005, 02:03 PM
...upon starting the game, my initial plan was to...have fun, just like i would in any Final Fantasy. that's the golden rule :meditate: . the forbidden rule...don't take it outside of fun and games and...i stepped across the line.

so lets compare having fun to getting married to a friend in the game, whom i only know as much as a friend and no more. am i taking it too seriously to want to marry him, or am i not supporting the golden rule :meditate:? if it's only in the game, then that's "just having fun". why not goof around, the golden rule :meditate: demands me to "have fun".

anyway, one of us has decided to switch servers. it's time to end this abominable mishap. besides..."shadows don't love" :fpdev: . now that's the way to do it, ally myself with bitterness :hot: !

Rostum
11-23-2005, 11:31 PM
Although it's only 'just a game', the relationships are not. I would never take anything over the internet seriously, and that's just my view, because I'd rather be able to see the person in real life.

The problem is, people find the relationships are just a game too, and it causes a lot of childish and immature problems. However, that's usualy just the younger group.

crashNUMBERS
11-23-2005, 11:45 PM
I think you'll get over this.

EDIT: Oh hey, I just figured out this isn't the EoEO forum!! I guess that means...

i still congratulated him and didn't want him to break off marrying the cat-girl.But cat girls are teh sexey ;D

Yuffie514
11-27-2005, 05:09 AM
closing comments:
well, after some thought, i have this to say about Final Fantasy XI. there are really two ways to play:

1. live for the experience, this is not a dating game. yeah, go ahead and throw in a few lies and just role-play it with your character. have a quarrel with another player, but don't get intimate.
2. be yourself, go for the real-play. engraft your personalities into your character. in the end, you'll end up angry, heart-broken, maybe delusional.

...like i said in my previous post, i obviously went for no# 1 there. i don't how the hell it all became no#2. my intention for buying and installing FFXI is not to look for an "online b/f" [wtf?!]. suffer from depression i may, but i don't need an imaginery friend. i can remove myself from his friend's list.

EDIT: and i do know how to play it like it is. after all, i'm sly and i still can't limit those traits to reality. this shadow has once again risen, and the more bitter she will be than the last...

Markus. D
11-28-2005, 09:19 AM
Neat :)

ps: If it was a mithra thief (dont ask).... chances are the person playing it was a dude.
unlike maple story where your profile limits what gender you can be.

Rostum
11-28-2005, 10:49 AM
Neat :)

ps: If it was a mithra thief (dont ask).... chances are the person playing it was a dude.
unlike maple story where your profile limits what gender you can be.

I know there are a lot of Mithra guys, but then there are still a lot of Mithra girls that play. ;D So you just never know anymore.

Vyk
11-28-2005, 08:26 PM
What the heck are you talking about? All this shadow and darkness stuff? You sound like you're role-playing some kooky goth. Don't try to shrug it off like you made some mistake. The heart happens. Though I must say you kind of confused me. Your first post was all about him liking you. And then he apologized because it was mutual? When did you start liking him? And there's nothing wrong with an internet relationship. The problem is in an MMORPG where there's a lot of role-play. The way I hear it, MMO marriages are just that: role play. There's not always an actual relationship there. Just two people who may like each other having fun. But nothing serious or official.

Yuffie514
11-29-2005, 06:20 AM
well, to put it this way...we're as close as friends. we nearly turned FFXI into "Chat Central". as for marriage...nobody wins, and nobody loses. how did i like that news? it was more good news than bad...i felt sane. didn't shed a tear, didn't complain, didn't overreact.

EDIT: erm, yeah...i am sort of role-playing all this shadow and darkness thing. but it's also a facade on another matter that goes on in r/l, without the help of FFXI. sorry, xD.

Vyk
11-29-2005, 05:41 PM
Still confused, but it sounds good. I hope it all goes okay. Romance is fun, for the most part. Good luck and take care :D

UltimateSpamGrover
12-06-2005, 01:39 AM
As long as a guy doesn't fall in love with a Manthra... I relly don't care about FFXI relations.

Lionx
12-06-2005, 02:13 AM
And whats wrong with same sex relations?

UltimateSpamGrover
12-06-2005, 08:12 AM
Ok lemme rephrase. as long as you dont fall in love with a mithra without knowing their gender in real life...