PDA

View Full Version : Cloud Versus Sephiroth (CLOUD IS WEAK!!!)

Kreido Tai
11-03-2005, 05:25 PM
In the Sephy vs Cloud fight, who did you think was the stronger?
I think Sephiroth was the stronger of the two
In the fight, Sephiroth was mostly on the offensive, repeatedly attacking Cloud, and wearing Cloud's stamina down very successfully. He managed to beat Cloud to his knees (and his rear) without using anything that looked like a limit break, but Cloud only managed to defeat Sephiroth WITH a limit break.. yet again..
Sephiroth could have killed Cloud extremely easily at the end
So, wat do you think?

Karl
11-03-2005, 06:19 PM
sephiroth is supposed to b undefeatable, thats the way i see it, even when he turns back into whats his face he basically says its not over

* White Aeris *
11-03-2005, 06:23 PM
yeah, i think Sephiroth would win for all the above reasons.

raskerino
11-03-2005, 11:06 PM
Yeah Sephiroth has to seem stronger to be a good boss, also Cloud is not weak to be weaker than a guy with enough power to take over the planet. And the baddie has to seem stronger in everyway except things like love and soul. Not saying this is always true but it happens a lot.

Ohhh
11-04-2005, 06:36 PM
CLOOOOOOOOUDiness rules everytime, he just flashes smirk and its like OMG :love:

Kreido Tai
11-04-2005, 06:38 PM
I felt the only thing Sephiroth lacked was emotion during that fight, whereas Cloud was putting his soul into it... I fel Cloud only won because of emotion, and his friends... Sephiroth didn't understand that Cloud felt that everything was important to him, Cloud's rage, and nobility, were key to Sephiroth's (second) defeat...

RiTaPuffy
11-04-2005, 08:12 PM
Of course the good guys win!

(Although I think Sephiroth is cuter...:radred:)

bipper
11-04-2005, 08:23 PM
I liked at the end when cloud says: You really don't know anything... pathetic! I think that line summed up Sephiroth very well. While he contained a lot of intelligence, his overal lack of understanding these things make sephy weaker.

Bipper

Carl the Llama
11-04-2005, 10:38 PM
[TR][TD]In my opinion Cloud was the true victor who is to say that Sephiroth even had a limit break, besides I believe Sephiroths main short comeing is that he once again didnt take his chance to kill cloud when he could have (instead he decided to stab him through the shoulder wanting to make him suffer) in that he made his criticle mistake, Cloud was the weaker of the two in this I do agree but the stronger doesnt always win, Cloud was smarter the him and put his all into his one attack and thus won. I think being stronger doesnt being being better. KDWAH

Vaprice
11-05-2005, 12:22 AM
Sephiroth is pure asian...and Cloud is what I like to call half asian. Sephiroth better in all aspects.

anvil
11-05-2005, 01:46 AM
I agree that Cloud is smarter than Sephiroth. Sephiroth shouldn't make Cloud suffer when he should kill Cloud(like any evil characters do when he have a chance to kill the hero) and I think it just NOT SMART!! (i don't want to use word 'stupid' as it kinda harsh...nevermind sephi, you can do better)

=Angelus=
11-05-2005, 04:56 AM
Someone used Hyper on cloud.. thats why he was Status-effected with fury, and thus lowered his accuracy...

However.. Sephiroth didn't know that, and was doing small chunks of dmg to him... pumping his Limit guage...

He should have seen OmniSlash coming :D
1 limit break = instant KO....
Game Over Sephy... Insert Coin to continue...

Zanius
11-05-2005, 09:31 PM
Cloud isn’t the weak. His true strength awakened from his desire of protection. I mean when we want to protect what we love most, we find our true power (in the matter of speaking, of course…)

Sephiroth made a huge mistake by underestimating Cloud’s abilities which caused his defeat.

Sephiroth has a huge strength and it’s also very powerful with his sword, but his mind is weak, because he was only focused to destroy, to torture and to kill, and Cloud was fighting to live and not to kill. And Cloud’s will and intelligence were the enough to obtain the victory from this battle. Sephiroth could be the stronger, but it wasn’t enough to win this battle.

Bushmaori
11-07-2005, 09:27 AM
I got the feeling that when Sephiroth asked Cloud was was important to him Cloud only just then realised what he was fighting for and therefore fought to his utmost ability. I don't think it would have mattered whether he had used his limit or not.

People tend to hold Sephiroth in to high a regard. First it was "No Cloud didn't fight the real Sephiroth in north crater cause the REAL Sephiroth would have kicked his ass" and now it is "OMG CLOUD CHEATED HE COULD NEVER HAVE BEATEN HIM PROPERLY!!!111!ONE!1ELEVEN"

Cloud was the better, get over it.

Russielloyd
11-07-2005, 01:48 PM
I got the feeling that when Sephiroth asked Cloud was was important to him Cloud only just then realised what he was fighting for and therefore fought to his utmost ability.

Agreed. With the amount of things that had happened in Clouds life combined with the massive amount of "Spirit Energy" he had, it combined into one hell of a "Limit Break-Omnislash", something that would defeat Sephiroth quite easily.

Cloud 2
Septhiroth 0

RiTaPuffy
11-08-2005, 06:06 PM
Agreed. With the amount of things that had happened in Clouds life combined with the massive amount of "Spirit Energy" he had, it combined into one hell of a "Limit Break-Omnislash", something that would defeat Sephiroth quite easily.

Cloud 2
Septhiroth 0
For the last time its not omnislash, nothing like it lol

Russielloyd
11-08-2005, 06:40 PM
Yes it is.

Holy_Aeris
11-08-2005, 07:18 PM
CLOOOOOOOOUDiness rules everytime, he just flashes smirk and its like OMG :love:

:D

Yea it was Omnislash! It was a different style, version...something , i cant remember!

But yea Cloud has gotten stronger over the past 2 years, and Sephiroth even mentioned that. So in a way Cloud and Sephiroth are equally strong, its just Sephy got a little too cocky.

=Angelus=
11-09-2005, 12:57 PM
Cloud 2
Septhiroth 0
:D

Croyles
11-09-2005, 05:34 PM
For the last time its not omnislash, nothing like it lol

Its called Omnislash Version 5, thats what the people at SquareEnix said, if you don't believe me, look up this FAQ by Squall_Of_Seed:
http://faqs.ign.com/articles/657/657331p1.html
scroll down to the question:
"*Q: What is the name of the Limit Break that Cloud used to finish off
Sephiroth?"

Better yet, here is the whole thing copied and pasted (I hope Squall_Of_Seed doesnt mind:

"*Q: What is the name of the Limit Break that Cloud used to finish off
Sephiroth?
*A: "Choukyuu Bushin Hakazan Version 5" is its name. One of the more accurate
translations of the term is "Super Ultimate War God Champion Slash." "Choukyuu
Bushin Hakazan" was the name used for Cloud's original ultimate Limit Break,
and this was localized as "Omnislash" in English. Therefore, one can call this
new Limit Break "Omnislash Version 5."

The suffix "Version 5" was added, by the way, because the form of the attack
seen in the film was the fifth version of the attack that they developed to
use in that scene."

Anyway, back to the point of the topic, I agree with Bushmaori and Russelloyd.

Lynx
11-09-2005, 05:36 PM
i think sephiroth was stronger but not much stronger. also remeber cloud proably was a little worn out from his fight with kadaj. but i think the only reason cloud won was cause spehiroth wasnt smart enough to kill him when he had the chance. so then cloud quite angry used his final attack. i notice everyones calling it omnislash even though it wasnt exactly omnislash.

also the score is
cloud 3
sephiroth 0

lets not forget cloud defeating sephiroth at nihbleim make reactor at the crater and now advent children.

also just cause sephiroth is stronger doesnt mean he has as much skill as cloud. and with them skill seems to win over power.

Croyles
11-09-2005, 05:41 PM
i notice everyones calling it omnislash even though it wasnt exactly omnislash.

Refer to my post.
Your right in probably thinking it looked a bit different, but it IS called Omnislash Version 5.

Shoden
11-09-2005, 05:56 PM
Cloud seemed weak throughout AC, his mind was full of uneasy thoughts and his lack of self forgiveness affected his fighting and unity with his mind, It was after Sephiroth Stabbed him he realized what was happening and he got his strength back.

Zanius
11-09-2005, 08:40 PM
Cloud seemed weak throughout AC, his mind was full of uneasy thoughts and his lack of self forgiveness affected his fighting and unity with his mind, It was after Sephiroth Stabbed him he realized what was happening and he got his strength back.

Yes, most of those uneasy thoughts was the guilty of not be able to save his friend Zack and Aeris. And ironically, thanks to Sephiroth he realizes that he has reasons to fight. So, he found his reason to fight, and then he recovered his true strength and defeated Sephiroth.

Markus. D
11-10-2005, 12:30 PM
Take note cloud was lvl 100 by the time you finish the original ffvii game.

thats why he one hits atma looking weapons.

edit: is knights of the round where he summons the knights to battle.... or is that omnislash or something -_-"

Russielloyd
11-10-2005, 12:57 PM
lets not forget cloud defeating sephiroth at nihbleim
Well that wasnt really a fight, so you cant really count that.

is knights of the round where he summons the knights to battle.... or is that omnislash or something -_-"

It was Omnislash V5 as its been said a couple of times above. I thought the Limit break was great, it would be a bit stupid to put all 17-18 hits of it in, keeping it sensible for was the best way.

EDIT: (off topic) For some reason, when i get to this forum topic through the correct way, it only shows me upto Holy_Aeris post, I had to click on someones profile who has posed after that and look at their post list to see what had been said after Hol_Aeris post, whats up with that?

Lynx
11-12-2005, 01:51 AM
come on hoiw is cloud and sephiroth at nihbleim not a fight come cloud stabs him sephiroth stabs him back. besides if you seen ff7 last order they did fight somewhat.

TurkSlayer
11-12-2005, 02:05 AM
Its hard to say. Sephiroth has an immense power, but he is a broken and twisted man, and does know nearly as much as he thinks he does. Cloud, on the other hand, is a fairly powerful man with a few genetic enhancements do to the Jenova cells, but he is incapable of forgiving himself for the people he let die, Aerith in particular. Of course, that need for forgiveness also fuels his need for revenge, thus giving him a stronger need to kill Sephiroth. Sephiroth has nothing to fuel him except power and his alien "mother". I'd say Cloud.

Russielloyd
11-12-2005, 02:06 AM
Cloud snuck up on Sephiroth and stabbed him, then Cloud "goes" to fight him, Sephy parrys his sword away and stabs him, Cloud must get a adrenaline rush then and throws him. Its totally different to what happens at the end of FF7 and AC. I wouldnt classify it as a fight. A fight or a battle to happen, two or more people must be in combat with each other, it was hardly that was it?

ljkkjlcm9
11-12-2005, 08:23 PM
All right people. I have to make arguments to a number of things. One person said he was fighting for revenge because he couldn't forgive himself for Aerith. WRONG. At that point he had already gotten the forgiveness from her. Sephiroth even said to him "You've gotten stronger" and cloud was like "I won't tell the reason to the likes of you." At that point he was already forgiven and knew he was fighting for everyone and everything.

Now as for who is stronger. I'd say they're equal. YES equal in strength. Neither overpowers the other at any point. Meaning they have equal strength. Cloud won through tactics that worked, none of what Sephiroth did worked, blah blah he could have killed Cloud, I honestly don't think he could have at that point. In fact at that point it seemed cloud was stronger because he was able to pull the sword out of him even as sephiroth was holding in it him. Plus, Sephiroth still isn't dead and will most likely return in DoC, cause like he said, he'll never be a memory. Except maybe 498 years later when only Nanaki and his kids are alive.... his kids which we still don't know how he got them....

THE JACKEL

Russielloyd
11-12-2005, 08:33 PM
Clous had been rid of JENOVA cells, so his is fatigue wouldnt be constantly high as it usually was. that why you see Cloud almost tire out near the end, but when Sephiroth says to Cloud "let me have the happiness of take everything away from" thats when his Spirit Energy starts to build up in massive amounts dealing the devastationg blow

Bahumat
11-12-2005, 09:51 PM
also just cause sephiroth is stronger doesnt mean he has as much skill as cloud. and with them skill seems to win over power.
Actually, Sephiroth IS more skillfull than Cloud, but not necisarilly stronger. I mean, he uses 1 really long and unweildy sword to fight against to shorter swords. Plus, he is known as being the world's premier swordsman. However, he just never seems to get that you should just kill the other guy when you have the chance.

Omnislash V5 is awesome.

Carl the Llama
11-12-2005, 10:38 PM
Now as for who is stronger. I'd say they're equal. YES equal in strength. Neither overpowers the other at any point. Meaning they have equal strength. Cloud won through tactics that worked, none of what Sephiroth did worked, blah blah he could have killed Cloud, I honestly don't think he could have at that point. In fact at that point it seemed cloud was stronger because he was able to pull the sword out of him even as sephiroth was holding in it him. Plus, Sephiroth still isn't dead and will most likely return in DoC, cause like he said, he'll never be a memory. Except maybe 498 years later when only Nanaki and his kids are alive.... his kids which we still don't know how he got them....

THE JACKAL
first of all, what fight were you watching i saw Sephiroth over power Cloud many times during that fight. if they were of equal strength the Cloud would not have colapsed near the end of the fight, not only did he collapse but he was sent flying backwards after Sephiroth's attack. Cloud was able to pull the sword out because his spiritual power was building so yes Sephiroth is more powerful but isnt as smart. I mean come on I can only think of 2 times when Cloud was on the attack one was when he did that Death Blow sort of move (when it had the 3 lines afterwards) and when he did Omnislash V5. At the start of the fight Sephiroth jumps into the air and Cloud jumps straight after him and when they meet Sephiroth parry's Cloud's thrust and counter-attacks him sending cloud flying back to the floor.

Croyles
11-12-2005, 11:19 PM
I'd say they're equal. YES equal in strength.

In fact at that point it seemed cloud was stronger because he was able to pull the sword out of him even as sephiroth was holding in it him.

Contradiction yourself a bit there.

ljkkjlcm9
11-13-2005, 02:27 AM
Contradiction yourself a bit there.

Contradicting, yes, I still believe they're equal, whenever they had equal attacks and no-one was caught off guard they were in a stalemate, there were a number of times where their swords were pressed together and neither could over power the other, that's why I say their strength as in physical strength, is equal

Kaiser, cloud collapsed from stamina, that's not strength, in fact, in the game they have seperate stats so that even supports that theory, what else. Sent flying backwards, yes when sephiroth gained the upper hand and caught cloud off guard, that doesn't make you stronger. Being on the offensive also does not make you stronger. In terms of physical strength I still believe they were equal, completely equal.

THE JACKEL

Carl the Llama
11-13-2005, 01:22 PM
no-one was caught off guard

yes when sephiroth gained the upper hand and caught cloud off guard

I dont know about you but I got the impression that when Sephiroth and Cloud had their swords pressed together that Sephiroth was toying with him, he even laughs during the middle of it, coupled with the fact it didnt even look remotely like Sephiroth was struggling. If they are "equal" as you say they are then Cloud would not have collapsed and he had to struggle to keep Sephiroth's sword at bay, the fact that he got stabbed (and Sephiroth could have killed him) speaks to me that they are not equal as it took Omnislash V5 for Cloud to kill Sephiroth, I dont remember Sephiroth ever useing a limit break and yet he had a chance to kill Cloud. So in short no. They are not equal. Period.

Craig
11-13-2005, 03:18 PM
Guys it's a movie. Ofcourse Sephiroth is going to be stronger, it wouldn't be as dramatic if the main character had the upper hand on the bad guy.

MysticD
11-17-2005, 04:49 AM
I don't think Sephiroth ever thought Cloud would ever have defeated him...Haha..
He looked so surprised.

The_Silver_SOLDIER
11-17-2005, 05:51 PM
All right people. I have to make arguments to a number of things. One person said he was fighting for revenge because he couldn't forgive himself for Aerith. WRONG. At that point he had already gotten the forgiveness from her. Sephiroth even said to him "You've gotten stronger" and cloud was like "I won't tell the reason to the likes of you." At that point he was already forgiven and knew he was fighting for everyone and everything.

THE JACKAL

WRONG Sephiroth was testing Cloud and he can never die so why not play around with cloud's head eh? Sephy can never die because his cell's are embedded into the lifestream and without the lifestream NO-ONE lives, and also Sephiroth has no equal in strength at all not even Cloud by a LOOONG shot, sephy is like or is a GOD, Cloud is a human-
humans-mortal, fragile, emotional
Gods-Immortal, untouchable, merciless

ljkkjlcm9
11-17-2005, 07:28 PM
WRONG Sephiroth was testing Cloud and he can never die so why not play around with cloud's head eh? Sephy can never die because his cell's are embedded into the lifestream and without the lifestream NO-ONE lives, and also Sephiroth has no equal in strength at all not even Cloud by a LOOONG shot, sephy is like or is a GOD, Cloud is a human-

and here people we have a Sephiroth fanboy. Technically everyone is immortal because they're all part of the lifestream. In fact Cloud was shot and killed and brought back to life in the church. According to Aerith, there was no room for him there, or in other words, he wasn't meant to die yet. So he gets to live, even though he was shot and killed.
Sephiroth is NOT a god, in fact he's far from it. He's a lab experiment. A successful one, but not a god. I have no idea where you would get the idea that he is a god. And why would he toy with Cloud and delay himself the chance to rule with Jenova. AND he can only be brought back by Reunion, and I thought Jenova's neck was the last piece of Jenova.
Oh and to top it off, Sephiroth even commented on Cloud's power and strength, so don't even try saying he is a pathetic weakling.
EDIT: In fact after just watching the fight again, there was even a point, right after Sephiroth asked him what made him stronger while they were in stalemate, that Cloud overpowered him and sent him flying backwards through the wall out of the building.

THE JACKEL

PS: and Kaiser, way to take the quote out of context to appear as if I was contradicting myself, when if read in context, I wasn't

The_Silver_SOLDIER
11-17-2005, 07:31 PM
and here people we have a Sephiroth fanboy. Technically everyone is immortal because they're all part of the lifestream. In fact Cloud was shot and killed and brought back to life in the church. According to Aerith, there was no room for him there, or in other words, he wasn't meant to die yet. So he gets to live, even though he was shot and killed.
Sephiroth is NOT a god, in fact he's far from it. He's a lab experiment. A successful one, but not a god. I have no idea where you would get the idea that he is a god. And why would he toy with Cloud and delay himself the chance to rule with Jenova. AND he can only be brought back by Reunion, and I thought Jenova's neck was the last piece of Jenova.
Oh and to top it off, Sephiroth even commented on Cloud's power and strength, so don't even try saying he is a pathetic weakling.

THE JACKAL

wow he commented on his strength so what that proves nothing and the jenova cells are also part of the lifestream thats why sephiroth is so it is there forever and also he is essentially a God (One Winged Angel)

ljkkjlcm9
11-17-2005, 07:47 PM
wow he commented on his strength so what that proves nothing and the jenova cells are also part of the lifestream thats why sephiroth is so it is there forever and also he is essentially a God (One Winged Angel)

when you die everyone becomes part of the lifestream that argument doesn't say anything. I mean is Aerith a goddess? NO. And like I said, just after Sephiroth comments on his strength, he overpowers him and pushes him back.

And, angel's aren't gods, they're workers of god, or god underlings. OK, maybe Jenova is a goddess in some way being something different and surviving so long, but all that makes Sephiroth is her little puppet soldier to do her bidding, not making him a god. Don't get me wrong, Sephiroth is strong, but he isn't a god.

THE JACKEL

Russielloyd
11-17-2005, 08:25 PM
The_Silver_SOLDIER, your wrong!

ljkkjlcm9, JENOVA isnt a ancient, she was only mistaken for one by Professor Gast, she is an alien which infected the Cetra/Ancients.

What Sephiroth read in the Shinra mansion was false research.

Sephy cant exist without JENOVA cells within people's bodies to start a reunion to bring about another reunion.

Sephy and JENOVA were one of the same now, they share the same will to bring dispair to Gaia.

Lynx
11-19-2005, 03:11 AM
ok sephiroth is a science experiment. hoje and lucrecia were gonna have a kid when hojo injeceted the soon to be sephiroth with jenova cells. since sephiroth was in the womb still developing instead of turinging them into some crazy messed up clone like the guys you meet in ff7 in nibelheim (those were the survivors of the incident i think it was 5 years ago i might be mistaken but hojo experimented on them with jenova cells too) it fused with him cause he was still developing and the jenova cells bacame part of the development.

he then used the jenova cells and mako on cloud and zack. makeing cloud catatonic. and his semi conches self made him think all the storys he heard from zack were him. then zack was killed and they left cloud for dead cause he wasnt moveing or doing much. because cloud was tested on with the jenova cells and mako he became as powerful as a soldier actually even more powerful then the average soldier.

the only way for sephiroth to come back is with reunion which in ffac case was either kadaj yahzoo or loz had to i guess you could say merge with jenova. kadaj yahzoo and loz were "remnants of sephiroth" they were basically the spirit of sephiroth takeing a human solid body form with the goal to have a reunion with jenova. and that reunion would bring back a kind of sephiroth. because of jenovas shapshifting abilitys it could take the form of sephiroth and with sephiroths spirit and jenova cells it would have the power of sephiroth too.

as far as people thinking of sephiroth as a god thats false. he wanted to be like a god. his idea was to make meteor hit the earth so the lifestream would rush to a certain spot and sephiroth would go there and somehow become more powerful. i forget how if there was even an axplanation of how. an when the lifestream came from all over some of jenova was carried in. and thats how it infected so many people.

ok i belive i got sidetracked some but that should explain some to everyone who reads it. by the way i dont want to take all the credit i learned this from a website but unfortunatly i dont remeber the website address sorry but how hard could it be to find.

anyways the score still stands 3 to 0 with cloud haveing 3.

besides the whole thing when they have there swords slammed together and cloud slams him through the wall and to outside. sephiroth was jsut useing the same amount of power cloud was to toy with him and cloud showed him theres a lot more power he has hideing but is obviously haveing trouble releaseing.

the reason cloud falls and stumbles during the fight was because he was exhausted. sephiroth is like superhuman so for all we know he could never get tired where as cloud does get tired. also besides he had just had a good fight with kadaj and 5 minutes before that getting blasted at in the church and 5 minutes before that fighitng loz and yahzoo on the motorcycles and 5 minutes before that fighting bahaumut. i mean come on cut cloud some slack who wouldnt be tired after all that? by the way i exagerate some by saying 5 minutes before. but still point still stands he wasnt weak just human and because of that he gets tired after jumping 100s of feet in the air and fighting everyone and everything. also sephirtoh seemed stronger cause he was way more confident then cloud. he belives hes the strongest. where its cloud who really is the strongest cloud just doesnt know it until sephiroth reminds him of what cloud is fighting for. then BAM! in comes clouds true strength and skill. saying cloud is weaker is dumb cause in fighting power in only some of the percentage of fighting a lot more is skill. and i doubt when you guys say who is stronger your talking about who can bench the most weight.

so there cloud wins hes stronger.

cloud20747
12-11-2005, 01:56 AM
Nicely said Lynx

Christmas
12-11-2005, 03:21 AM
The one that had the last laugh is what matters.

as far as people thinking of sephiroth as a god thats false. he wanted to be like a god. his idea was to make meteor hit the earth so the lifestream would rush to a certain spot and sephiroth would go there and somehow become more powerful. i forget how if there was even an axplanation of how.

Sephiroth: It's simple. Once the Planet is hurt, it gathers Spirit Energy to
heal the injury. The amount of energy gathered depends on the size of the
injury. ...What would happen if there was an injury that threatened the very
life of the Planet? Think how much energy would be gathered! Ha ha ha. And at
the center of that injury, will be me. All that boundless energy will be mine.
By merging with all the energy of the Planet, I will become a new life form, a
new existence. Melding with the Planet... I will cease to exist as I am now...
Only to be reborn as a 'God' to rule over every soul.

Zeromus_X
12-11-2005, 04:56 AM
well...all of this is alot of overthinking things..hm...

so for me its this question: mama's boy or seizure dude? (just kidding:p )

sephiroth is insane, and i like insane people. cloud just has low self esteem.(well, he did in the game anyway, to me.)

so i guess ill pick sephy.

(oh yeah, he has masamune. definitely seph.)

Fatihin_Malaysia_Girl
12-15-2005, 11:16 PM
Go Cloud!:D Go Cloud!:D Go Cloud!:D

He the best.Sephiroth are his enimy but Cloud can defeat him.

Cloud vs Sephiroth

And Cloud win!:love:

ps:Cloud Not Weak:mad:

Tamaki sagaku
12-21-2005, 05:26 AM
ok sephiroth is a science experiment. hoje and lucrecia were gonna have a kid when hojo injeceted the soon to be sephiroth with jenova cells. since sephiroth was in the womb still developing instead of turinging them into some crazy messed up clone like the guys you meet in ff7 in nibelheim (those were the survivors of the incident i think it was 5 years ago i might be mistaken but hojo experimented on them with jenova cells too) it fused with him cause he was still developing and the jenova cells bacame part of the development.

he then used the jenova cells and mako on cloud and zack. makeing cloud catatonic. and his semi conches self made him think all the storys he heard from zack were him. then zack was killed and they left cloud for dead cause he wasnt moveing or doing much. because cloud was tested on with the jenova cells and mako he became as powerful as a soldier actually even more powerful then the average soldier.

the only way for sephiroth to come back is with reunion which in ffac case was either kadaj yahzoo or loz had to i guess you could say merge with jenova. kadaj yahzoo and loz were "remnants of sephiroth" they were basically the spirit of sephiroth takeing a human solid body form with the goal to have a reunion with jenova. and that reunion would bring back a kind of sephiroth. because of jenovas shapshifting abilitys it could take the form of sephiroth and with sephiroths spirit and jenova cells it would have the power of sephiroth too.

as far as people thinking of sephiroth as a god thats false. he wanted to be like a god. his idea was to make meteor hit the earth so the lifestream would rush to a certain spot and sephiroth would go there and somehow become more powerful. i forget how if there was even an axplanation of how. an when the lifestream came from all over some of jenova was carried in. and thats how it infected so many people.

ok i belive i got sidetracked some but that should explain some to everyone who reads it. by the way i dont want to take all the credit i learned this from a website but unfortunatly i dont remeber the website address sorry but how hard could it be to find.

anyways the score still stands 3 to 0 with cloud haveing 3.

besides the whole thing when they have there swords slammed together and cloud slams him through the wall and to outside. sephiroth was jsut useing the same amount of power cloud was to toy with him and cloud showed him theres a lot more power he has hideing but is obviously haveing trouble releaseing.

the reason cloud falls and stumbles during the fight was because he was exhausted. sephiroth is like superhuman so for all we know he could never get tired where as cloud does get tired. also besides he had just had a good fight with kadaj and 5 minutes before that getting blasted at in the church and 5 minutes before that fighitng loz and yahzoo on the motorcycles and 5 minutes before that fighting bahaumut. i mean come on cut cloud some slack who wouldnt be tired after all that? by the way i exagerate some by saying 5 minutes before. but still point still stands he wasnt weak just human and because of that he gets tired after jumping 100s of feet in the air and fighting everyone and everything. also sephirtoh seemed stronger cause he was way more confident then cloud. he belives hes the strongest. where its cloud who really is the strongest cloud just doesnt know it until sephiroth reminds him of what cloud is fighting for. then BAM! in comes clouds true strength and skill. saying cloud is weaker is dumb cause in fighting power in only some of the percentage of fighting a lot more is skill. and i doubt when you guys say who is stronger your talking about who can bench the most weight.

so there cloud wins hes stronger.

u got that all rights. cloud hidden his true power, sephiroth didnt know how he unleashes his true power than his. he was stock.(i guess) but i agreed everything what lynx said. 10 points for it. dont tell me he lies.

Loz
12-21-2005, 07:27 PM
Cloud is a cheater :D
Sorry, clouds fans, but his power looks unreal in my opinion. he wins because he's good character
Happy ends sux! :mad2:

SoulTaker*
12-21-2005, 07:54 PM
I'd say Cloud is 4 for 4 against Sephiroth isnt he? I mean he beat him in Clouds hometown, then he beat him(with the help of his friends) then he beat him again when he was tryin to take control of Clouds body, now he beats him in Advent Children, I'd say Cloud owns Sephiroth. Cloud is a bio-engineered super human fighting machine, and Sephiroth is a little boy who misses his mommy to much, get over it fan-boys and Cloud beats is rear hyde. Plus Cloud had been fighting all day, he fought 3 Sephiroth clones and bahamut, and still had time out of his busy schedule to kick Sephiroths teeth in.:D

?????
12-22-2005, 03:28 AM
In the end, what matters is who won. Cloud didn't die like a bitch, therefore he wins. Also, if Cloud was truly dead, they couldn't revive him. He's apparently strong enough to survive a direct gunshot; if he can throw Sephiroth into the Lifestream while being impaled, that isn't much of a stretch. Also, keep in mind that Phoenix Downs or conventional medical technology will only work if the patient isn't dead; hence, why Aeris couldn't be revived. She wasn't just KOed, she was out-and-out killed.

Sephiroth is insanely strong, but he's deluded, and he made mistakes.

[:..x.ffd.lil.one.x..:]
12-22-2005, 03:44 PM
In the end, what matters is who won. Cloud didn't die like a bitch, therefore he wins. Also, if Cloud was truly dead, they couldn't revive him. He's apparently strong enough to survive a direct gunshot; if he can throw Sephiroth into the Lifestream while being impaled, that isn't much of a stretch. Also, keep in mind that Phoenix Downs or conventional medical technology will only work if the patient isn't dead; hence, why Aeris couldn't be revived. She wasn't just KOed, she was out-and-out killed.

Sephiroth is insanely strong, but he's deluded, and he made mistakes.

So so so True!!! :D:D!! Cloud IS stronger. End of. First of all, if Sephiroth was stronger then wouldn't he have won? In most movies when they have fights it's usually the good guy looks like he's about to lose then becomes stronger because of emotions, feelings because of what the bad guy says while he thinks that he's got the battle won. Even though Cloud looked as though he was weak and had obviously lost his battle, it was obvious he thought about everything that was important to him. CLOUDZ IS THE BEST!! :D :D

Neco Arc
12-23-2005, 10:56 AM
']CLOUDZ IS THE BEST!! :D :D

You're so wrong... Its definitely Mukki and Palmer...

Khaotic
12-23-2005, 11:27 AM
I think you are all just fan boys , sephiroth would win, hands down. He didn't because cloud is the good guy, and good guys always win, same goes for the game, and everything else you have seen. If sephiroth can make a friggin meteor, I'm sure he can kill cloud.

Cloud Valentine
12-23-2005, 11:37 AM
It's partially hipocritical to call the Cloud supporters fanboys then say Sephiroth could kill Cloud. If he could he would've, but he didn't in any of his 3 attempts. Plus, just because Cloud is the good guy doesn't mean he isn't stronger. He is stronger because he is the good guy. And anyway, in stories it's whoever has the strongest will who wins. Sephiroth had no reason to fight, no one to protect, but Cloud had to win to protect those he cares about.

Khaotic
12-23-2005, 11:46 AM
You keep on thinking that, judging from the playstation game itself, the story line, sephiroth was always superior but never killed cloud for his own reasons. What are you talking about, whoever is strongest wins? Cloud is the "hero" of course he's going to win, you dont see sin, or yu yeven rather destroying spira, or anything else in other final fantasys, the good guys always win, period. Sephiroth doesn't need reasons, he's insane, he kills for fun, and besides, he wants to kill cloud, thats more than a reason.

Say sephiroth would have won, how would the story end? give me an answer, which you problably can't because THOUSANDS would complain that aeris or zack or cloud or tifa or whoever didn't make it in the ending because the hero, CLOUD, died.

Dreddz
12-23-2005, 12:18 PM
I think if Cloud didnt have those cheat Limit breaks sephiroth would of total pwned him.
I think the message is that even though Sephiroth is one hard cookie, deep down, Cloud is the stronger of the two...

?????
12-24-2005, 04:33 AM
I think you are all just fan boys , sephiroth would win, hands down. He didn't because cloud is the good guy, and good guys always win, same goes for the game, and everything else you have seen. If sephiroth can make a friggin meteor, I'm sure he can kill cloud.

And here we have not only a hypocritical fanboy, but someone who didn't pay attention to the storyline. No one "made" the Meteor; the Black Materia sought it out and applied a crapton of kinetic energy to direct it toward the Earth. Also, good guys didn't always win in the game. The numerous tales of Shinra's imperialist exploits can testify to that. In addition, AVALANCHE failed to stop the atrocity in Sector 7 or save Aeris.

Khaotic
12-24-2005, 06:50 AM
Didn't pay attention to the story line? Excuse me, I've beaten the game about 10 times, and I've owned it since the day it came out. Your comment has nothing to do with the ending of the game, thats midgame, and bad things always happen, or else there wouldn't be a storyline, dur. I'm also not a fan boy, sephiroth can go to hell for all I care, you dont see my name being OMFGSEPHI777 or SEPHIISHAWT^_^ or even him in my signature, do you? Just because I'm stating my opinion, which if you guys would take your heads out of your asses and actually think for once, the obvious is sephiroth has always been superior to cloud. End of discussion, I'm not going to sit here arguing about RPG, aka PIXEL characters being superior to others.

?????
12-24-2005, 08:18 AM
Didn't pay attention to the story line? Excuse me, I've beaten the game about 10 times, and I've owned it since the day it came out.

So? My dad saw Star Wars in the theater in 1977 and he still needs me to explain what's going on half the time. Your claims are empty if you demonstrate a fundamental misunderstanding of key points in the story.

It isn't "obvious" that Sephiroth is stronger if you don't provide any proof. Cloud's still alive; therefore we're left to conclude that Cloud is the stronger, whether it's his native combat prowess, mental acuity, experimental alteration, sheer willpower, or a bit of all of them that allows it to be so. Battles are not won by martial might alone.

Tamaki sagaku
12-24-2005, 10:30 AM
u guys are all missing a point. READ LYNX THREAD, he got a perfect point. the reason was in there. he telling u. he got 10 points plus. im not a fanboy...seriously.

[:..x.ffd.lil.one.x..:]
12-26-2005, 12:36 AM
Can't we just have a vote on who's stronger? Isn't that much more easier?:)

DJZen
12-26-2005, 04:08 AM
In martial arts, I've learned one basic truth. The winner of the fight is not determined by who follows "the rules". In a REAL life or death fight, there is no such thing as "dirty fighting" or "cheating". If someone's seriously trying to kill you, throwing dirt in his eyes could save your life. You use the tools you have at your disposal to survive. If there is no "great equalizer" involved, this is going to become a battle of attricion. This is the reason martial arts and weapons were invented, to find sneaky ways to kill things stronger than you. Honor in martial arts is as sensible a concept as honor in war. Sure, it sounds nice, but when has anyone ever won a war without playing dirty pool? If Cloud won, it's because he was the better fighter. Not because he was stronger, more agile, smarter, or better trained, but because he was more resourceful.

?????
12-27-2005, 01:20 AM
In martial arts, I've learned one basic truth. The winner of the fight is not determined by who follows "the rules". In a REAL life or death fight, there is no such thing as "dirty fighting" or "cheating". If someone's seriously trying to kill you, throwing dirt in his eyes could save your life. You use the tools you have at your disposal to survive. If there is no "great equalizer" involved, this is going to become a battle of attricion. This is the reason martial arts and weapons were invented, to find sneaky ways to kill things stronger than you. Honor in martial arts is as sensible a concept as honor in war. Sure, it sounds nice, but when has anyone ever won a war without playing dirty pool? If Cloud won, it's because he was the better fighter. Not because he was stronger, more agile, smarter, or better trained, but because he was more resourceful.

Thank you for having a grasp of reality.

crashNUMBERS
12-27-2005, 02:05 AM
Even though I still can't stand you bastards praising Sephiroth every minute, we all know that Cloud was gonna win. C'mon!! Why the hell was square gonna take a turn say Cloud is going to lose and then it ends with Sephiroth banging Tifa?? That's way too unexpected. Though it would've been interesting we all know it's not going to happen. Common sense...

Gullick
01-10-2006, 07:35 PM
DJ zens right, i was taught to aim straight for a guys eyes or groin (notice martial artists say groin and not balls ;) as the first targets. (what martial arts do you do by the way)

?????
01-11-2006, 04:55 AM
I practice Corellian street moves, which consists mainly of carrying a huge piece and a katana.

chocobo x-2
01-13-2006, 03:36 PM
...what are we talking about here?[:?]

Lord Magician
01-25-2006, 08:50 PM
Cloud was holding back all match. He had a VERY HEAVY sword all battle long, moving it fast and nonstop jumping, wile Sephiroth has a VERY LIGHT sword making him have an advantage. Cloud have many swords in his own sword, making it difficult to use.

OVERALL: CLOUD IS STRONGER (I wish it was Sephiroth!:( )
-------
Now for intelligence, cloud all was better on that. Even though Sephiroth's brilliant plan of taking Cloud into the building wile Sephiroth weakens the building from the inside so later on it could easily fall, is pretty smart, Cloud can think fast at most situations, and even prepare for the worst, get Sephiroth in the air at the end for a perfect chance to use the limit break.

OVERALL: CLOUD IS SMARTER (Not again!:cry: )

So even though I wish Sephiroth would have won and I still say Sephiroth is cooler. I think cloud got a lot of good training and deserved this victory.

FINAL OVERALL: CLOUD IS BETTER (For now!)

lil sephy
02-03-2006, 11:24 AM

Cloud 2
Septhiroth 0

that wasnt omnislash... i dont think u have omnislash do u?
omnislash hits the target like 15 times reallf fast but all he does in the game is stand their and slash and on the last hit cloud does sort of like a braver attack. in the movie he goes gold like u see in kingdom hearts (well that what i think) i think he just went berserk like in KH and just slashed sephiroth 5 times...

learn what omnislash is.

I was thinking of what to give you... mabye ill give you dispair.
Sephiroth-FF7 AC

lil sephy
02-03-2006, 11:29 AM

wow thats preety good i never thought as sephy as a GOD...

Ishin Ookami
02-03-2006, 01:25 PM
I dont see any point in looking for any logic in any of the fight scenes in Advent. cloud busts out his most powerful, meaning his most demanding move after being stabbed in his sword arm? Anyone who knows anything about martial arts, or physical ability knows that would have been impossible. A swordsman being wounded in his sword arm has practically lost the fight already. Than we have the fact that sephy initially blocked clouds sword bare handed, yet just floated there during clouds new omnislash that cloudshouldnt have been able to pull off. There is absoloutly no logic or thought in Advent whatsoever, so I see little point in discussing who was stronger or weaker. Its more a matter of who the writers and directors favored to win.

martial arts were created to protect oneself through combat, and yes that at times means killing. But the purpose is not to kill, but to protect oneself and what is important. and how can one protect anything, if they cannot discipline the mind? How can anyone bring peace to others if they are not at peace themselves? This is why honor exists in the martial arts world, not as a form of etiquette during combat, but to ensure the reason a martial artist fights never becomes corrupt or crooked, and thus undermines the entire purpose behind the art. A person who fights without a strong mental focus, is often too uncontrolled in their technique, relying brute strength rather than proper technique. this weakness is one which a person of proper training can take advantage of. Also In martial arts is considered an insult, AKA dishonorable, to your opponent NOT to use every technique and skill at your disposal, not to fight with all your might.

With all due respect, this is the reason why I seek to move to japan soon, and gain my black belt there. Most dojo's in the western world do not have as great an understanding of the principles and practices. I'd also like to visit china some day, and train with some real tai chi chuan masters, as it is incredibly difficult finding one outside of china.

Christmas
02-03-2006, 01:34 PM
that wasnt omnislash... i dont think u have omnislash do u?
omnislash hits the target like 15 times reallf fast but all he does in the game is stand their and slash and on the last hit cloud does sort of like a braver attack. in the movie he goes gold like u see in kingdom hearts (well that what i think) i think he just went berserk like in KH and just slashed sephiroth 5 times...

learn what omnislash is.

I was thinking of what to give you... mabye ill give you dispair.
Sephiroth-FF7 AC

*Q: What is the name of the Limit Break that Cloud used to finish off Sephiroth?
*A: "Choukyuu Bushin Hakazan Version 5" is its name. One of the more accurate translations of the term is "Super Ultimate War God Champion Slash." "Choukyuu Bushin Hakazan" was the name used for Cloud's original ultimate Limit Break, and this was localized as "Omnislash" in English. Therefore, one can call this new Limit Break "Omnislash Version 5."

The suffix "Version 5" was added, by the way, because the form of the attack seen in the film was the fifth version of the attack that they developed to use in that scene.

Note that much of the information in this FAQ comes from the Director's Commentary included with the Advent Children DVD.

Learn what you are talking about.

AdVincent
02-04-2006, 02:28 AM
I'll sound like a n00b for saying this...(though I am one...)

but what limit break did Cloud use on Sephiroth?

Jess
02-09-2006, 06:03 PM
Sephiroth is stronger, therefore making him a good enemy and more competition, and it also makes the battle more interesting to watch. Cloud has more will, and determination and that makes him stronger towards the end of the battle.

tifastrife
02-12-2006, 12:41 AM
IN MY OPINION I THINK CLOUDS A BETTER FIGHTER:fencing: CAUSE I MEAN HELLO WHO WON :bigbiggri LOLXX

sephiroth45
02-14-2006, 01:00 AM
I know that sephiroth is stronger but,
The director has to let the good guy win u know..
so sephiroth is better still, buh cloud is the good guy!!

vincentDoC
02-14-2006, 12:58 PM
I think Sehiroth is way faster and stronger then cloud and i think cloud is wasting his time and he won on luck oh man CLOUD IS A WEAKLING

cloud only won cause he got the omni slash thing but sephiroth did not hav any limit break so it is unfair:cry:

SEPHIROTH ROCKS HE LOST ONLY BECAUSE HE DID NOT HAV LIMIT BREAK UNFAIR

Instead of posting multiple times in a row, use the edit button if you feel like you have something more to say. -kikimm

Zeromus_X
02-14-2006, 02:18 PM
[!](use the edit button :eep: )...[/!]

Use the warn button.-kikimm

Ridwan
02-15-2006, 09:05 AM
Sephiroth would've won either way it's just cuz cloud's the good guy

a nirvana fan
02-18-2006, 12:59 PM
Sephiroth got battered apart from the one part where he sticks his masamune through Cloud's shoulder but that doesn't stop Cloud, he
just get's back into it and annihilates him

Darth Tjador
02-23-2006, 12:16 AM
Actually Cloud is way stronger than Sephy.

Lynx
02-23-2006, 01:29 AM
thanks cloud20747 and Tamaki sagaku. alright im willing to say in the battle sephiroth was looking like the better swordsman for awhile i mean cloud was useing 2 swords and sephiroth is useing one and yet he was still defending himself quite well. but lets think this through cloud is useing a bunch of swords that each one proably weighs more then double the masamune. so jsut to mess around cloud puts all the swords together. so ok cloud is wielding a more then likely 200+ pound sword against sephiroths 20 pound sword (from what ive heard the real masamune the 6'0+ is supposed to weigh in that range). ok so cloud can move around a single sword with 1 hand just as fast as sephiroth can but clouds is more then 200 pounds the wieght. so now cloud is not only stronger in skill but in wieght lifting. hmm cloud is stronger in another way. oh and by the way i doubt sephiroth is the better swordsman because cloud was tired and still fought awesome. also sephiroth used inhuman abilaties like FLYING. cloud only flew during the omnislash.

also whose to say sephiroth didnt have a limit break maybe he was jsut to stupid to use it? by the way i read a post forget whose but they said something like clouds moves were to unreal. and sephiroth with his flying and cut something that the cut is longer then his sword ever went is realistic how. by the way if you notice cloud does a flip slams braver style down at sephiroth misses makes 3 slashes burn into the ground and sephy is on a block and slashes the block and the cut is WAY longer then his swords range.

now im an not a cloud fanboy. i think cloud is an awesome ff character but still im not a fanboy. sephiroth is my all time favorite enemy in any video game. he's so evil haha. cloud is my 3rd favorite hero first is locke then zidane. also i bought a masamune cause i love the sword by the way mine masamune is 5'8 and wieghs about 17 pounds. i still havent bought clouds sword. so i like sephiroth more then cloud and like his sword more too so i think that proves im not a fanboy. also lets say sephiroths sword was 6'0+ that makes it hard to wield but it is in now way unwieldable it actually just makes it harded to wield on the ground because it illiminates certain strike points, 3 out of 9 are illiminated. but in the air all 9 strike points are very doable and they fought in the air quite often.

also dont give me that "cloud won beacuse he's the hero. im sure fans would ahve loved it more if cloud got stabbed fell and sephiroth took off and it was left with a to be continued. would have made us tair out our hair but then when the next one came out we'd be unbelievabley psyched. you know then in that one cloud is found nto dead and comes back and win that one would ahve been easily predicted.

Pharoh Amon Khan III
02-24-2006, 08:03 PM
Hokay, admittedly, I havent read ALL of the posts, but let's get right down to it... Cloud weak? I don't think so... This IS... (que choir theme music) SEPHIROTH!!!

So let's look at it like this, in a nutshell, y'know who this is... If you were in Cloud's shoes (alright BOOTS or whatever) what would you do?

I mean, c'mon! This is... SEPHIROTH!, I would do EXACTLY what Cloud did... Get a distance and stay there...

goku
03-26-2006, 06:16 PM
personaly i think cloud would totally KILL!!!!!! sephiroth but we all know sora,goofy,donald would totally destroy every final fantasy character lol :D
p.s im new to this website yes im a noob :evilking: lol and would like to make some freinds so if you love kingdomhearts and final fantasy please add me to ya buddy list and personal message me or add me on msn samgeorgeoleary@hotmail.com thnx :D

Spawn of Sephiroth
03-27-2006, 06:22 AM
Sephiroth was definatly the strongest. i loved the movie and the game, but come on. we live in a hollywood set world. everything always has to have a happy ending and the good guys always have to win. i think sephiroth would kill cloud on any given day. cloud is not near as strong as sephiroth, so cloud needs to completly get his butt kicked by sephiroth. SEPHIROTH RULZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:choc2:

Ageless Valentine
03-27-2006, 03:22 PM
Cloud may be weak and we saw he showed it but he is above the line. He doesn't give up. He is after all, the one who threw him to the Mako Lifestream.

Compare Cloud's Omnislash Version 5 and Sephiroth's One Winged Angel.

Note: Whenever their Swords (First Sword & Masamune) collide with each other especially in Dark places, a Light Flash is shown. Maybe this is a sign of Sephiroth's Limit Break of Shadow Flare? Sephiroth also managed to do Heartless Angel but it didn't work out.

Masamunemaster
03-28-2006, 04:45 PM
vincent will still kill sephiroth no matter what he does

Spawn of Sephiroth
03-29-2006, 03:22 AM
sorry Masamunemaster, Vincent could NEVER kill Sephiroth. Sorry bud.:tongue:

Dark Paladin
04-04-2006, 06:54 PM
I think Cloud is stronger and my evidence is that he won the fight

defcon_blackice
04-26-2006, 05:57 PM
to me that fight would never end, both of them will continu to get stronger and never kill the other. they are equilly strong, but the only thing that sets them apart is the fact that Sephiroth dusnt allow emotions to interfeat with him in battle. which lin a way makes Sephiroth stronger

tenhitcombo
04-26-2006, 06:02 PM
sepiroth will rip his ass up

crazybayman
04-26-2006, 06:35 PM
Sephiroth is a sissy. He looks like a woman.

And he got owned by a "Failed Clone of himself" (i.e. Cloud).

Cloud wins. As the game, and movie (Advent Children) indicates.

As for the limit break thing, all Sephy's attacks are limit breaks. He's crazy, so he always uses his limits, during normal attacks. When Cloud finally decides to break out his limits, he creams the sissy-boy. :p

tenhitcombo
04-27-2006, 10:44 AM
in the mocie because that was fake ok.bye

Amaru
04-27-2006, 06:27 PM
Sephiroth is stronger in my opinion. Yes, though Cloud has defeated him three times (once in Nibelheim, again at the end of the game, and again in Advent Children) it is a testament to Sephiroth's power that he keeps coming back, and could indeed come back again.

sphinxgaara
04-27-2006, 07:03 PM
The way cloud won the fight was stupid, the fight was alrite, to be personally almost everything was crap

crazybayman
04-27-2006, 07:15 PM
in the mocie because that was fake ok.bye
and the game was real?

:rolleyes2

Russielloyd
04-27-2006, 07:41 PM
Sephiroth is stronger in my opinion. Yes, though Cloud has defeated him three times (once in Nibelheim, again at the end of the game, and again in Advent Children) it is a testament to Sephiroth's power that he keeps coming back, and could indeed come back again.

It's nothing to do with Sephys power that he kept on coming back. Anyways, JENOVA cells have been wiped out from people's bodies for good, as it seemed to indicate in the movie, when eveyone was cured of Geostigma, thus eliminating JENOVA.

Cloud's JENOVA cells were completely gone before he fought Sephy and yet he still kicked his ass. Making Cloud stronger.

Amaru
04-27-2006, 07:43 PM

JENOVA cells have been wiped out from people's bodies for good, as it seemed to indicate in the movie, when eveyone was cured of Geostigma, thus eliminating JENOVA.

Cloud's JENOVA cells were completely gone before he fought Sephy and yet he still kicked his ass. Making Cloud stronger.

True. But I'll go on to argue that, in my opinion, Sephiroth wasn't at his strongest since the reunion was with only one of his remnants, not all three...

Russielloyd
04-27-2006, 07:53 PM
It's possible, but it doesn't state that he is weaker than he should be. Sephy must know he's at his full strength to realise that Cloud has gotten stronger to compete with him.

Amaru
04-27-2006, 07:59 PM
Maybe. But there are more ways than just the strength of a swing to determine if someone has gotten stronger, i.e their determination, will and technique.

And yes, though it doesn't explicitely state that he is weaker (like many things in the game and FF in general) it makes sense (again, in my opinion) that if you are only connected with 1/3rd of yourself, imagine how much stronger he would have been at 3 for 3?

Russielloyd
04-27-2006, 08:04 PM
It's a "what if" though. Still doesnt change the fact that Cloud was stronger, tougher and more determined. This being why he is 3 for 3. lol

Amaru
04-27-2006, 09:00 PM
Still doesnt change the fact that Cloud was stronger, tougher and more determined.

Of course, and no matter what the circumstances, Cloud obviously was going to win - but I just wanted to make the point that Sephiroth wasn't apparantly at his full strength, and even at 1/3rd, he had a chance to kill Cloud (which he wasted of course, but still).

PontiusPilate
04-28-2006, 02:19 AM
You can't even argue that cloud is better. If you even watched the movie you could tell that sephiroth was merely playing with cloud during the fight, thus not showing his true strength (which we were never shown). He lost because he underestimated Cloud and didnt prepare himself for his Omnislash

FaTaLfURy
05-19-2006, 11:34 AM
I do think that Sephiroth's stronger than Cloud, but I also think that his strength meant nothing compared to Cloud's determination, motivation and yes, desperation. Yup, he could've killed Cloud specifically in that scene where he stabbed cloud with his sword. Cloud was already very tired at that point and had not much fight in him but when Sephiroth held back and(maybe)without thinking allowed Cloud to recover, Cloud regained his edge. Oh and as for people saying that Sephiroth just stood there so Cloud could finish him off, I think that's not it. Remember how he died at the game? It was from Cloud's omnislash right? And maybe, just maybe, seeing it again and remembering how Cloud ended his life was enough to neutralize him and allowed Cloud to make his kick-ass version 5 of his limitbreak. ^_^ Oh, and I also agree with wath Bushmaori said. Ja ne! ^_^

DarkLadyNyara
05-19-2006, 12:11 PM
sephiroth was merely playing with cloud during the fight, thus not showing his true strength (which we were never shown). He lost because he underestimated Cloud and didnt prepare himself for his Omnislash

Yeah, that about covers it. :D

MikeL Valentine
05-19-2006, 02:06 PM
In the Sephy vs Cloud fight, who did you think was the stronger?
I think Sephiroth was the stronger of the two
In the fight, Sephiroth was mostly on the offensive, repeatedly attacking Cloud, and wearing Cloud's stamina down very successfully. He managed to beat Cloud to his knees (and his rear) without using anything that looked like a limit break, but Cloud only managed to defeat Sephiroth WITH a limit break.. yet again..
Sephiroth could have killed Cloud extremely easily at the end
So, wat do you think?

Sephiroth is the best ever character I have seen in a game/movie(style):cool:
And yes he is far better than Cloud(Cloud has style too but not like Sephiroth:cool:

Halenite
05-19-2006, 03:22 PM
Sephy cant exist without JENOVA cells within people's bodies to start a reunion to bring about another reunion.

This is the reason Kadaj was kinda thrashing when the water in the church exploded. He knows that water eliminates the Geostigma (as proven in the ending and Cloud's healing)

Sephiroth is stronger than Cloud. In FFVII, he admits it. When Sephiroth says "Tell me what you cherish most. Allow me the pleasure of taking it away" it made Cloud realize what he's fighting for.

Also, I can't remember when it was said in the movie, but Aeris says "I never blamed you, not once." That also probably gave Cloud some strength back.

Also on the Sierra during Cloud vs. Kadaj Tifa says "Two years ago...think about the strength we all had when we fought that last battle. It's only been a couple of years, but already that feeling's gone. But Cloud...I think he's found it again"

While yes, Sephiroth is stronger, all those feelings made Cloud able to come on top.

Russielloyd
05-19-2006, 04:05 PM
This is the reason Kadaj was kinda thrashing when the water in the church exploded. He knows that water eliminates the Geostigma (as proven in the ending and Cloud's healing)

The water is actually ridden the body of JENOVA cells which causes Geostigma. If you rid the body the JENOVA cells, Geostigma goes with it.

Kadaj is fully composed of JENOVA cells and when the water touches him, he's knows it destoys JENOVA cells. So he got out of there pretty quick.

Also, I can't remember when it was said in the movie, but Aeris says "I never blamed you, not once."

Tifa says that. It was a voice message on Cloud's mobile and you heard it as the phone was sinking to the bottom of the water.

Halenite
05-19-2006, 04:13 PM
I just watched that clip again and that is definately Aeris's voice, not Tifa's

Russielloyd
05-19-2006, 04:20 PM
Hmmm, maybe you're right. I'm deffinately right about the first bit though.

Halenite
05-19-2006, 04:34 PM
yeah, I worded that wrong. That is what I meant, but it isn't what came out >_<

Lone Wolf Leonhart
05-19-2006, 08:02 PM
The answer to this is very simple.

Sephiroth is better, but if Cloud died they would lose profit money for killing off the main character.

And come on, if they didn't care if cloud would have died or not, then sephy would have won. Why else would it take the whole group to kill him two years ago, and only cloud now?

crescent_wish
02-01-2007, 12:22 PM
CLOUD SHALL RULE FOREVER!

Christmas
02-01-2007, 01:37 PM
Yes, and look at how many members get banned for this debate of DEATH! :(

Zanius
02-01-2007, 01:53 PM
Seriously... I can't believe that this thread is still active... looks like Cloud is the winner.

Leeza
02-01-2007, 03:46 PM
Zanius, this thread was NOT active and when you see dead threads revived, in the future, please use the warn button.

crescent_wish, do not revive dead threads.