PDA

View Full Version : Locked out of your house ?

Itsunari 2000
11-03-2005, 05:26 PM
What do you do when you get locked out of the house ? By that, I mean you either lose/forget your key. Usually if I have the foresight to leave my bedroom window open beforehand, I'd climb in that way ... however, being as scatterbrained as I am getting up in the morning I often overlook it.
Personally, I had the experience a few days ago of coming in after detention camp to find I'd forgotten to take my key that day - and so, I found myself standing outside in the pitch black at six o'clock on a cold winters night.
Well, I was bored stiff ( not to mention cold) so I decided I'd go see what one of my friends was up to. His mother is really generous and all and she invited me in for a while, just to sit and have dinner with him and his brother. We got into this great conversation about morons we know- like everybody in the area- and beyond ! That was a great conversation.

So, what do y'all do ??? Huh ?!

Chris
11-03-2005, 05:28 PM
There's always a maid or someone else home.

Meat Puppet
crawl in through the window that doesn't lock

EDIT: oh yeah there's like all these maids and ninjas and 10 foot robots so i never got locked out

Resha
I mooch(ed) around on the doorstep until someone useful shows/showed up.

Edit: Three posts at the same time! Awesomeness. :)!

Jess
11-03-2005, 05:29 PM
I've only ever been locked out once. The window was a lil open, so I opened it more and climbed in. :P

SammieBabe
11-03-2005, 05:30 PM
Haven't done that in a while, but when I used to stay out past curfew and get locked out frequently, I would either knock on my sisters window so she could open the door for me.. Once my sister wouldn't wake up and I had sit on my porch for 3 hours waiting for my mom to wake up...

The Summoner of Leviathan
11-03-2005, 05:32 PM
Well at home, I only get locked out in the winter for the door freezes shut and then becomes a pain to open. We have wood heat, so all I do, is kick out the window that we use to throw in the wood, and crawl into the basement, and go upstairs.

And now everyone who reads this will know how to break into my house -_-;

Old Manus
11-03-2005, 05:38 PM
Open the door

agrudis
11-03-2005, 05:39 PM
The back door of my house doesn't lock so I just use that if I forget my key.

Reine
11-03-2005, 05:46 PM
It happened to me too. The first time, my bedroom window was open a bit, so i managed to get back in. The second time, i wasnt so lucky. The fridge door wasopen, the playstation/tv left on...

I went to the library for the day..I still has to wait an hour for someone to get home. I didnt get any lunch either..

themagicroundabout
11-03-2005, 05:50 PM
Yeah, i got locked out of my house a while back, cus my parents thought i was already in bed and locked the house up, so i kinda had to sleep outside :x_x:
it was cold,there was ghosts and a squirrel kept trying to make conversation with me, so i didnt actually get much sleep in the end :excited:

CaZ!
11-03-2005, 05:53 PM
i sit in the gareage which is always open!!

Levian
11-03-2005, 06:10 PM
I use the ladder to get up to the balcony since there's a malfunctioning door there I can barge open. :cool:

Resha
11-03-2005, 06:12 PM
I climb the gate. It's fun, but sometimes there's lizards up there, so ick. But usually it's fun, climbing your own gate like a burglar in the middle of the night.

The Jamie Star Scenario
11-03-2005, 06:18 PM
The gate keeper will usually let me in to my own house. If not there is usually always someone home or working, though only the butler is allowed to open the front door. Weird rules or something.

fire_of_avalon
11-03-2005, 06:39 PM
Normally I break in. But this one time I was on the phone with my aunt who was coming over to pick up some laundry she'd done at our house. So I walk into the basement with the phone and lock the door before I go down. Then i remembered I didn't have shoes or my key. So I called my cousin who has a spare (she's our neighbor) and she laughed at me.

Karl
11-03-2005, 06:46 PM
like once a week my friend and i are walkin to his house and no 1 is home so we always just go on his roof and open the attic window

Zeldy
11-03-2005, 07:10 PM
I got locked out years ago, and I just sat on the bollard on our drive with Tears running down my face. I was 10 :(

themagicroundabout
11-03-2005, 07:12 PM
:( that is the saddest story i have ever heard :( *huggles*

GunbladeMaster
11-03-2005, 07:15 PM
i managed to go to our alley and climb on our balcony, but since it was locked i had to climb higher so i climbed into my window screen ,not knowing it was there, fell and broke a leg
i attempted it agian after it healed and i succeded
:bored:

Miriel
11-03-2005, 07:31 PM
I crawl through whatever window I can open. And that includes the tiny bathroom window which I can barely fit my shoulders through.

One time, I was trying to push the kitchen window open to get inside and I pushed too hard and my hand broke through the glass leaving a gash from my wrist to my elbow. There was a lot of blood. It was an interesting experience.

Psychotic
11-03-2005, 07:38 PM
The only time I have been locked out was about two and a half years ago, and I climbed over the 8ft "Burglar-proof" back gate (hint: don't put a 4ft post next to said 8ft gate) and waited in the back garden until my dear old mum came home.

Venom
11-03-2005, 07:41 PM
I got locked out, someone asked me "are you breaking in this house" I replied with the following "fuck you old man, none of your damn business!"

Fire_Emblem776
11-03-2005, 07:58 PM
yes, and i lucky for me the dog house we have for our doggies is very comfy and warm with all the blankets we gave them:love:

Alive-Cat
11-03-2005, 08:04 PM
Occasionally it happens, so I have to put my hand under the back gate, unlock it, romove the piece of wood that provides extra sucurity, and climb in through the dog flap.

Itsunari 2000
11-03-2005, 08:13 PM
Do any of you have generous friends/relations you can go to ?

Spiffing Cheese
11-03-2005, 09:02 PM
If I forget my key I sit on my doorstep and sing obnoxiously until somebody comes home.

Shlup
11-03-2005, 09:04 PM
Before my mom had new windows put in, the window to my bedroom was pretty easy to pop open. I usually just get the spare key from my neighbor though. And, at BJ's parents' house, I know where the hide-a-key is.

When I locked myself out of my dorm room the RA let me in. I've yet to lock myself out of my apartment though so yay for me.

Rusty
11-04-2005, 12:47 AM
I try and use the only method I know that might just get the door unlocked. If that doesn'twork I check the windows, if I can't open any of them then I just sit around and wait for my Dad to come home. Either that or I could go to someone elses house.

Reles
11-04-2005, 12:50 AM
I'm never locked out. I can type in a code to get in through the garage.

Ultima Shadow
11-04-2005, 01:43 AM
Nitroglycerin usually works wonders. It's a bit sad that I'll always have to get a new door afterwards, though.

RSL
11-04-2005, 02:02 AM
I'm terrified of locking myself out of my apartment. I have a spare key hidden in my car. I have a spare key to my car in my wallet. In the event that I lock my wallet and my keys in the apartment and also lock my car, I am screwed. This has yet to happen, though.

kikimm
11-04-2005, 03:03 AM
I lock myself out all the time. I always, always forget my keys. But the kitchen window, or any window really, is extremely easy to get into, so it's no problem. Although the sink is right below it, which kind of makes it uncomfortable.

But my Mormor's climbed through the window before, so I shouldn't complain. xD

Kirobaito
11-04-2005, 03:07 AM
You can't lock my door from the inside unless you turn the key from the inside, so it's pretty much impossible to lock myself out. In the event that someone else locks me out, well, they have to be home, so I just ring the doorbell. My keys are on the same ring as my car keys, and I don't go anywhere without driving there.

Yuffie514
11-04-2005, 02:18 PM
...i pick-pocket my way in with the trusty shinobi kit...

Sasquatch
11-04-2005, 03:16 PM
Since I'm in a dorm room, if I lock myself out of the building, I either wait for somebody else to go in or come out of that door, walk around to the front door (which is usually unlocked, except like 11pm-9am), or yell at people's windows until one of 'em lets me in. If I lock myself out of my room (usually my roommate'll lock me out), I'll either call my roommate to see where he is and if he could come let me in, or go downstairs and talk to the front desk, where they have spare keys and will come unlock it for me, for a small fee. Or, I'll just go hang out with my girlfriend so I don't have to go into my room.

Chemical
11-04-2005, 04:59 PM
I'm notorious for losing my keys.

Usually I just break in through a window... but since I now live on the 6th floor of an apartment building I always keep a spare pare in my locker and at a friends house nearby.

I think in the past year, alone, I've lost 9 set of keys. Pretty much once a month.

Breine
11-04-2005, 05:05 PM
I've only been locked out of my home once, as far as I remember. I was with my best friend, so we had to go over to my neighbour, who I never speak to, and ask him if he had a ladder I could breifly borrow so that we could climb in through a window on the second floor, which was slightly open. I still remember the expression on his face when I asked him. He was like "WTF!?". Anyway, he found a ladder and I made my friend climb in so he could unlock the front door from the inside... ;)

Social Moon Firesky
11-04-2005, 05:21 PM
I've only been locked out once, and that happened to be the day my friends came over...Typical. I ended up getting a ladder and climbing through the bathroom window, before letting my friends in through the front door.

Sasquatch
11-04-2005, 05:55 PM
I remember one time, the last place we lived in Illinois, I was, maybe seven. I was only there from age six to (through, nearly) age eight, three years. But anyway. We had this padlock-thing that had our key in it, and we had to put in a combination (from a dial -- strangely enough, K-E-Y, go figure) to open it up and get the key to open the door. And I could NEVER do it. I walked to my elementary school, which was one way, and my brother and sister walked to their high/middle schools, respectively, which were the other way. And I always got home like half an hour or forty-five minutes before my brother and sister did. So one day, I really have to poop, I mean bad. Not one of the messy ones, but still. And so I practically run home. And when I get home, of course, I can't open the key-holder. Just can't. Try until my fingers hurt, almost start crying, and still can't open the damn thing. So, I wait half an hour or so, and decide I can't wait a minute longer. Pop a squat next to a tree in our backyard, and let 'er rip. Nice, neat little pile, right next to the oak tree there. Now, the thing is, we weren't way back in the woods or anything -- we were at the corner of the two busiest streets in town. The town was only a couple hundred people, but still. And we were right across the street from the town park. I don't think anybody saw me, but I probably wouldn't have cared either way. So I finish up, use one of my old assignments as paper, and toss that into our burn barrel. Then I sit patiently on the porch and wait for my sister and brother to get back.The next day, my brother and I are walking around, and he points to the pile and says "Damn, that must have been a big dog." Yeah. Must have been.

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
11-04-2005, 08:00 PM
Theres a huge wall around the back and the only window i can reach on the front is a tiny bathroom window. I usually have to wait until someone gets home, and hope it doesn't reain. i used to be able to pick the lock but my friend bent the pick. Iv'e gotta ask my older bro to get me a new one.

FFGuevara
11-05-2005, 01:34 AM
I sneak in i know how to open locked windows and doors.