PDA

View Full Version : Ghost In The Shell 2

Dreddz
11-03-2005, 11:06 PM
I wonder why no one has made a thread on this
Just saw it, and I prefered it to the first. The animation is so great in this one, some of the best ive seen. The story is a slight disapointment, but only a small one. I know this movie is old, as I saw it was made in 2004, wonder why is only got released in Uk now ?
Anywayz, discuss......

Destai
11-03-2005, 11:08 PM
2004 is old now? As in particularly old?

Anyway I might start looking into Ghost in the Shell once I finish obsessing over Evangelion.

Dreddz
11-03-2005, 11:12 PM
2004 was quite some time away, and I remind you that this has just come out in cinemas ......which is good, as anime ( well in Uk ) dosent make it to cinemas most of the time .....

Ultima Shadow
11-03-2005, 11:29 PM
I saw the first one about a year ago but I hardly remember anything of it, other than that it was good. :p

Spatvark
11-04-2005, 12:53 AM
The plot toInnocence is more cohesive than the first, but Kusanagi is hardly in it ;_; It was interesting though, seeing them take out one of the stories from the first series of GitS manga and stretching it out. I especially loved the bit near the end where they give the girl such a ticking off XD

But yeah, GitS without Motoko is just kinda wrong, I guess that's why I wasn't too keen on it. But then, I didn't like the first film at all; great ideas but it ends halfway through the damn story, and it's too short =S

look_out_below
11-05-2005, 06:25 PM
I've seen the first and second movies (as well as a lot of episodes of the series, season 1 and 2) and i got to say i thought the second Ghost in the Shell was very good. Some of the settings in this movie were awesome and i enjoyed the storyline and plot. Although it was confusing at times (this may have just been because i watched in subtitles, hard to read and see what is happening on the screen at the same time) i think any Ghost in the Shell fan will enjoy it.