PDA

View Full Version : Similarities

Ansem/Sephy
11-04-2005, 04:08 AM
I know it's not just me: Sephiroth and Ansem look a lot alike. In their final forms especially. In the shots of Sephiroth without a shirt on, his skin looks darker, his eyes bleaker. This is all it takes to realise how much alike they look. How much do these characters have in common? In MY book Ansem is number one, Sephiroth, a close second, so no flaming me OR Ansem.

ffxfreak93
11-04-2005, 04:22 AM
they sorta do don't they

GunbladeMaster
11-04-2005, 04:30 PM
Sephirth=Very cool villain, everyone likes and remembers

Ansem: see above

Skyblade
11-04-2005, 05:44 PM
I have noticed the similarities before. I think Ansem was modelling his outfit on a cool bad guy. Too bad he is still nowhere near as awesome as Sephiroth.

Mercen-X
11-04-2005, 09:43 PM
I have noticed the similarities before. I think Ansem was modelling his outfit on a cool bad guy. Too bad he is still nowhere near as awesome as Sephiroth.

OmniOmega
11-04-2005, 10:12 PM

StarlightAngel
11-05-2005, 12:51 AM

Yup.

crashNUMBERS
11-05-2005, 01:16 AM
Meh. What you say is true. Sephiroth's is darker. But I think that is only because of Sephiroth being in a dark place. You see, In Final Fantasy VII, you do fight Sephiroth inside of a crater. Why was his skin different from when you fight him in his angel form and is still in the crater?? Because if you think about it, when he was Safer Sephiroth, you fight him in some abyss. When you fight him for the final time, your in some hell hole that is very dark. Could just be shading from the area. Then again it could just be an error from the creators, but I doubt it...

Ansem/Sephy
11-13-2005, 01:02 AM
The reason people like Sephy better is simple: even after Sephiroth goes insane, you understand his pain. You sorta pitty him.

And Ansem: Some philosopher king who goes mad, becomes consumed in Darkness and attempts to conquer all worlds, while trying to become, basically, God. What's there to pitty, Seph had reason to go crazy, Ans didn't, he's just wicked beyond reason.

Raven Nox
12-12-2005, 12:12 AM
No... Sephy was just better.

They do look somewhat the same, but that's just because they were desgined by the same person. Characters designers tend to do that.

RaidenWeb17
12-12-2005, 12:51 AM
The reason people like Sephy better is simple: even after Sephiroth goes insane, you understand his pain. You sorta pitty him.

And Ansem: Some philosopher king who goes mad, becomes consumed in Darkness and attempts to conquer all worlds, while trying to become, basically, God.What's there to pitty, Seph had reason to go crazy, Ans didn't, he's just wicked beyond reason.

Sephy went mad, was pretty much consumed by darkness, and tries to become one with the planet, which is pretty God-like if you think about it. So yeah they are similar, but I see no reason to pitty either one.
Sephy needed to be killed when he summoned Meteor to destroy the planet. All Ansem needed was a smack in the head so he would quit thinking the darkness were so cool.

Slade
12-12-2005, 04:18 AM
They do look similar, but Ansem's better. :tongue:

Tai-Ti
12-12-2005, 09:47 AM
they look similar, and frankly, it doesnt affect the coolness of either games where they originated, so what do i care?

MateriaBladeVII
12-12-2005, 09:59 AM
Frankly, FF character designs tend to look alike...

I could say Kuja kinda looks like them too. So does Riku, with his hair kinda...

Compare Tifa, Rinoa, Garnet/Dagger, Yuna... they all have similarties...

Does it really matter tho?