11-04-2005, 06:27 PM
Hey,

Can anyone think of any huge words?

I know 2 huge words:

Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanokoniosis,
Antidisestablishmentarianism

Lindy
11-04-2005, 06:32 PM
Yes, but I'd rather show intelligence by what I say rather than using overly lengthy words to do so.

Doomtrain 770
11-04-2005, 06:34 PM
I found a rediculously long word on the internet a while ago and copied and pasted it into a word document, but never thought I would get a chance to apply it to anything. It's ACETYL­SERYL­TYROSYL­SERYL­ISO­LEUCYL­THREONYL­SERYL­PROLYL­SERYL­GLUTAMINYL­PHENYL­ALANYL­VALYL­PHE
NYL­ALANYL­LEUCYL­SERYL­SERYL­VALYL­TRYPTOPHYL­ALANYL­ASPARTYL­PROLYL­ISOLEUCYL­GLUTAMYL­LEUCYL­LEU C
YL­ASPARAGINYL­VALYL­CYSTEINYL­THREONYL­SERYL­SERYL­LEUCYL­GLYCYL­ASPARAGINYL­GLUTAMINYL­PHENYL­AL AN
YL­GLUTAMINYL­THREONYL­GLUTAMINYL­GLUTAMINYL­ALANYL­ARGINYL­THREONYL­THREONYL­GLUTAMINYL­VALYL­GLU TA
MINYL­GLUTAMINYL­PHENYL­ALANYL­SERYL­GLUTAMINYL­VALYL­TRYPTOPHYL­LYSYL­PROLYL­PHENYL­ALANYL­PROLYL­G
LUTAMINYL­SERYL­THREONYL­VALYL­ARGINYL­PHENYL­ALANYL­PROLYL­GLYCYL­ASPARTYL­VALYL­TYROSYL­LYSYL­VALY
L­TYROSYL­ARGINYL­TYROSYL­ASPARAGINYL­ALANYL­VALYL­LEUCYL­ASPARTYL­PROLYL­LEUCYL­ISOLEUCYL­THREON YL­
ALANYL­LEUCYL­LEUCYL­GLYCYL­THREONYL­PHENYL­ALANYL­ASPARTYL­THREONYL­ARGINYL­ASPARAGINYL­ARGINYL­ISO
LEUCYL­ISOLEUCYL­GLUTAMYL­VALYL­GLUTAMYL­ASPARAGINYL­GLUTAMINYL­GLUTAMINYL­SERYL­PROLYL­THREONYL­THR
EONYL­ALANYL­GLUTAMYL­THREONYL­LEUCYL­ASPARTYL­ALANYL­THREONYL­ARGINYL­ARGINYL­VALYL­ASPARTYL­ASPART
YL­ALANYL­THREONYL­VALYL­ALANYL­ISOLEUCYL­ARGINYL­SERYL­ALANYL­ASPARAGINYL­ISOLEUCYL­ASPARAGINYL­L EU
CYL­VALYL­ASPARAGINYL­GLUTAMYL­LEUCYL­VALYL­ARGINYL­GLYCYL­THREONYL­GLYCYL­LEUCYL­TYROSYL­ASPARAGIN Y
L­GLUTAMINYL­ASPARAGINYL­THREONYL­PHENYL­ALANYL­GLUTAMYL­SERYL­METHIONYL­SERYL­GLYCYL­LEUCYL­VALY L­T
RYPTOPHYL­THREONYL­SERYL­ALANYL­PROLYL­ALANYL­SERINE. I don't remember what it means though. It looks really funny too.

GunbladeMaster
11-04-2005, 06:35 PM
HEPATICO­CHOLANGIO­CHOLECYST­ENTERO­STOMIES = a surgical creation of a connection between the gall bladder and a hepatic duct and between the intestine and the gall bladder.

and the ever so famous:
SUPER­CALI­FRAGI­LISTIC­EXPI­ALI­DOCIOUS

the longest word in te world is 45 letters

Psychotic
11-04-2005, 06:36 PM
Elephant is a big word. So is crocodile. I hope that helps.

Doomtrain 770
11-04-2005, 06:37 PM
the longest word in te world is 45 letters
This is not true because it is possible to piece together an extremely large number of word parts to form a word.

Necron
11-04-2005, 06:38 PM
Yes, Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanokoniosis has 45 letters, therefore making it the longest word :D

And :
ACETYL­SERYL­TYROSYL­SERYL­ISO­LEUCYL­TH REONYL­SERYL­PROLYL­SERYL­GLUTAMINYL­PHE NYL­ALANYL­VALYL­PHE
NYL­ALANYL­LEUCYL­SERYL­SERYL­VALYL­TRYP TOPHYL­ALANYL­ASPARTYL­PROLYL­ISOLEUCYL­ GLUTAMYL­LEUCYL­LEUC
YL­ASPARAGINYL­VALYL­CYSTEINYL­THREONYL­ SERYL­SERYL­LEUCYL­GLYCYL­ASPARAGINYL­GL UTAMINYL­PHENYL­ALAN
YL­GLUTAMINYL­THREONYL­GLUTAMINYL­GLUTAM INYL­ALANYL­ARGINYL­THREONYL­THREONYL­GL UTAMINYL­VALYL­GLUTA
MINYL­GLUTAMINYL­PHENYL­ALANYL­SERYL­GLU TAMINYL­VALYL­TRYPTOPHYL­LYSYL­PROLYL­PH ENYL­ALANYL­PROLYL­G
LUTAMINYL­SERYL­THREONYL­VALYL­ARGINYL­P HENYL­ALANYL­PROLYL­GLYCYL­ASPARTYL­VALY L­TYROSYL­LYSYL­VALY
L­TYROSYL­ARGINYL­TYROSYL­ASPARAGINYL­AL ANYL­VALYL­LEUCYL­ASPARTYL­PROLYL­LEUCYL ­ISOLEUCYL­THREONYL­
ALANYL­LEUCYL­LEUCYL­GLYCYL­THREONYL­PHE NYL­ALANYL­ASPARTYL­THREONYL­ARGINYL­ASP ARAGINYL­ARGINYL­ISO
LEUCYL­ISOLEUCYL­GLUTAMYL­VALYL­GLUTAMYL ­ASPARAGINYL­GLUTAMINYL­GLUTAMINYL­SERYL ­PROLYL­THREONYL­THR
EONYL­ALANYL­GLUTAMYL­THREONYL­LEUCYL­AS PARTYL­ALANYL­THREONYL­ARGINYL­ARGINYL­V ALYL­ASPARTYL­ASPART
YL­ALANYL­THREONYL­VALYL­ALANYL­ISOLEUCY L­ARGINYL­SERYL­ALANYL­ASPARAGINYL­ISOLE UCYL­ASPARAGINYL­LEU
CYL­VALYL­ASPARAGINYL­GLUTAMYL­LEUCYL­VA LYL­ARGINYL­GLYCYL­THREONYL­GLYCYL­LEUCY L­TYROSYL­ASPARAGINY
L­GLUTAMINYL­ASPARAGINYL­THREONYL­PHENYL ­ALANYL­GLUTAMYL­SERYL­METHIONYL­SERYL­G LYCYL­LEUCYL­VALYL­T
RYPTOPHYL­THREONYL­SERYL­ALANYL­PROLYL­A LANYL­SERINE

I think this is the chemical for Tobacco.. That's what i saw on the net once..

GunbladeMaster
11-04-2005, 06:46 PM
Yes, Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanokoniosis has 45 letters, therefore making it the longest word :D

And :
ACETYL­SERYL­TYROSYL­SERYL­ISO­LEUCYL­TH REONYL­SERYL­PROLYL­SERYL­GLUTAMINYL­PHE NYL­ALANYL­VALYL­PHE
NYL­ALANYL­LEUCYL­SERYL­SERYL­VALYL­TRYP TOPHYL­ALANYL­ASPARTYL­PROLYL­ISOLEUCYL­ GLUTAMYL­LEUCYL­LEUC
YL­ASPARAGINYL­VALYL­CYSTEINYL­THREONYL­ SERYL­SERYL­LEUCYL­GLYCYL­ASPARAGINYL­GL UTAMINYL­PHENYL­ALAN
YL­GLUTAMINYL­THREONYL­GLUTAMINYL­GLUTAM INYL­ALANYL­ARGINYL­THREONYL­THREONYL­GL UTAMINYL­VALYL­GLUTA
MINYL­GLUTAMINYL­PHENYL­ALANYL­SERYL­GLU TAMINYL­VALYL­TRYPTOPHYL­LYSYL­PROLYL­PH ENYL­ALANYL­PROLYL­G
LUTAMINYL­SERYL­THREONYL­VALYL­ARGINYL­P HENYL­ALANYL­PROLYL­GLYCYL­ASPARTYL­VALY L­TYROSYL­LYSYL­VALY
L­TYROSYL­ARGINYL­TYROSYL­ASPARAGINYL­AL ANYL­VALYL­LEUCYL­ASPARTYL­PROLYL­LEUCYL ­ISOLEUCYL­THREONYL­
ALANYL­LEUCYL­LEUCYL­GLYCYL­THREONYL­PHE NYL­ALANYL­ASPARTYL­THREONYL­ARGINYL­ASP ARAGINYL­ARGINYL­ISO
LEUCYL­ISOLEUCYL­GLUTAMYL­VALYL­GLUTAMYL ­ASPARAGINYL­GLUTAMINYL­GLUTAMINYL­SERYL ­PROLYL­THREONYL­THR
EONYL­ALANYL­GLUTAMYL­THREONYL­LEUCYL­AS PARTYL­ALANYL­THREONYL­ARGINYL­ARGINYL­V ALYL­ASPARTYL­ASPART
YL­ALANYL­THREONYL­VALYL­ALANYL­ISOLEUCY L­ARGINYL­SERYL­ALANYL­ASPARAGINYL­ISOLE UCYL­ASPARAGINYL­LEU
CYL­VALYL­ASPARAGINYL­GLUTAMYL­LEUCYL­VA LYL­ARGINYL­GLYCYL­THREONYL­GLYCYL­LEUCY L­TYROSYL­ASPARAGINY
L­GLUTAMINYL­ASPARAGINYL­THREONYL­PHENYL ­ALANYL­GLUTAMYL­SERYL­METHIONYL­SERYL­G LYCYL­LEUCYL­VALYL­T
RYPTOPHYL­THREONYL­SERYL­ALANYL­PROLYL­A LANYL­SERINE

I think this is the chemical for Tobacco.. That's what i saw on the net once..

once...:p

Doomtrain 770
11-04-2005, 06:47 PM
What are you insinuating?

Necron
11-04-2005, 06:48 PM
This is not true because it is possible to piece together an extremely large number of word parts to form a word.

Yes, that is true, however they don't count as single words....

The longest SINGLE english word is actually Floccinaucinihilipilification:choc2:

GunbladeMaster
11-04-2005, 07:03 PM
What are you insinuating?

i dont understand that huge word...

Doomtrain 770
11-04-2005, 07:17 PM
You mean 'Insinuating'?

GunbladeMaster
11-04-2005, 07:20 PM
mm hmm

Doomtrain 770
11-04-2005, 07:24 PM
Insinuate is the same as Imply.

crono_logical
11-04-2005, 07:25 PM
Sesquipedalophobia is the fear of long words :monster:

Spatvark
11-04-2005, 07:26 PM
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch = 58 letters

Ohhh
11-04-2005, 07:30 PM
why dont you just WHACK on the keyboard?????

GunbladeMaster
11-04-2005, 07:32 PM
like this...

wodjawidjadjasxnerw3urowqeowehjlaslsqüweikerihjpswqwodjawidjadjasxnerw3urowqeowehjlaslsqüweikerihjps wqwodjawidjadjasxnerw3urowqeowehjlaslsqüweikerihjpswqwodjawidjadjasxnerw3urowqeowehjlaslsqüweikerihj pswqwodjawidjadjasxnerw3urowqeowehjlaslsqüweikerihjpswqwodjawidjadjasxnerw3urowqeowehjlaslsqüweikeri hjpswqwodjawidjadjasxnerw3urowqeowehjlaslsqüweikerihjpswqwodjawidjadjasxnerw3urowqeowehjlaslsqüweike rihjpswqwodjawidjadjasxnerw3urowqeowehjlaslsqüweikerihjpswqwodjawidjadjasxnerw3urowqeowehjlaslsqüwei kerihjpswqwodjawidjadjasxnerw3urowqeowehjlaslsqüweikerihjpswqwodjawidjadjasxnerw3urowqeowehjlaslsqüw eikerihjpswq5353456346342qwowjwkdam,sej4i3tujo3lelQASLFVMFDKLVFASÄDLWPJFERFJE FUCKUSDÖSAÄDLSFJSDFKSLFDKSLFKLSADKFLSADKLDSAKDLDFKDS

themagicroundabout
11-04-2005, 07:33 PM
on
:)
I'll be honest, I really do like christmas, it's not just something that i made up.

Lindy
11-04-2005, 07:35 PM
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch = 58 letters
That's welsh and thus, not real.

Doomtrain 770
11-04-2005, 07:35 PM
No one would EVER believe that "wodjawidjadjasxnerw3urowqeowehjlaslsqüwe ikerihjpswqwodjawidjadjasxnerw3urowqeowe hjlaslsqüweikerihjpswqwodjawidjadjasxner w3urowqeowehjlaslsqüweikerihjpswqwodjawi djadjasxnerw3urowqeowehjlaslsqüweikerihj pswqwodjawidjadjasxnerw3urowqeowehjlasls qüweikerihjpswqwodjawidjadjasxnerw3urowq eowehjlaslsqüweikerihjpswqwodjawidjadjas xnerw3urowqeowehjlaslsqüweikerihjpswqwod jawidjadjasxnerw3urowqeowehjlaslsqüweike rihjpswqwodjawidjadjasxnerw3urowqeowehjl aslsqüweikerihjpswqwodjawidjadjasxnerw3u rowqeowehjlaslsqüweikerihjpswqwodjawidja djasxnerw3urowqeowehjlaslsqüweikerihjpsw qwodjawidjadjasxnerw3urowqeowehjlaslsqüw eikerihjpswq5353456346342qwowjwkdam,sej4 i3tujo3lelQASLFVMFDKLVFASÄDLWPJFERFJE smurfUSDÖSAÄDLSFJSDFKSLFDKSLFKLSADKFLSADK LDSAKDLDFKDS" is a real word. EVER.

Rye
11-04-2005, 07:51 PM
Did someone fall asleep on their keyboards in this thread? xD

I like some big words, but I don't use them stupidly to appear smart.

GunbladeMaster
11-04-2005, 07:53 PM
maybay

Necron
11-04-2005, 08:52 PM
Did someone fall asleep on their keyboards in this thread? xD

I like some big words, but I don't use them stupidly to appear smart.

I don't think any of us are trying to look smart, we just like huge words :D

Shoeberto
11-04-2005, 09:15 PM
This is the most splendiferous, monumental event in the history of Internet.

Destai
11-04-2005, 10:03 PM
When I was on my school tour to Alton Towers we stopped at the town with the longest name in the world. I cant remember what it was called though so I call it long town.

-N-
11-04-2005, 10:33 PM
smiles

ahahaha i'm so clever and original

The Summoner of Leviathan
11-04-2005, 10:44 PM
Sesquipedalophobia is the fear of long words :monster:
How about Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia?

faster skating penguin
11-04-2005, 11:07 PM
(my) penis is big

... well i guess that shows how original i am ...

Reine
11-04-2005, 11:46 PM
I use advanced words, not big long words like those.

I always thought Deoxyribonucleic Acid (DNA) was pretty big

Neco Arc
11-05-2005, 01:42 AM
i reckon encyclopedia is pretty long for a common word...

kikimm
11-05-2005, 01:45 AM
Brinclhof

Sasquatch
11-05-2005, 02:23 AM
When I was on my school tour to Alton Towers we stopped at the town with the longest name in the world. I cant remember what it was called though so I call it long town.

Los Angeles is the longest abbreviation in the world. It's not really Los Angeles, it's something much longer (obviously), and it shortens to L.A.

Mitch
11-05-2005, 02:37 AM
truck

nik0tine
11-05-2005, 07:06 AM
pwn. it may not be a long word, but it goes a long way.

GunbladeMaster
11-05-2005, 10:23 AM
Why is abbreviation such a long word? ;)

Mittopotahis
11-05-2005, 11:25 AM
No one would EVER believe that "wodjawidjadjasxnerw3urowqeowehjlaslsqüwe ikerihjpswqwodjawidjadjasxnerw3urowqeowe hjlaslsqüweikerihjpswqwodjawidjadjasxner w3urowqeowehjlaslsqüweikerihjpswqwodjawi djadjasxnerw3urowqeowehjlaslsqüweikerihj pswqwodjawidjadjasxnerw3urowqeowehjlasls qüweikerihjpswqwodjawidjadjasxnerw3urowq eowehjlaslsqüweikerihjpswqwodjawidjadjas xnerw3urowqeowehjlaslsqüweikerihjpswqwod jawidjadjasxnerw3urowqeowehjlaslsqüweike rihjpswqwodjawidjadjasxnerw3urowqeowehjl aslsqüweikerihjpswqwodjawidjadjasxnerw3u rowqeowehjlaslsqüweikerihjpswqwodjawidja djasxnerw3urowqeowehjlaslsqüweikerihjpsw qwodjawidjadjasxnerw3urowqeowehjlaslsqüw eikerihjpswq5353456346342qwowjwkdam,sej4 i3tujo3lelQASLFVMFDKLVFASÄDLWPJFERFJE smurfUSDÖSAÄDLSFJSDFKSLFDKSLFKLSADKFLSADK LDSAKDLDFKDS" is a real word. EVER.

maybe because it is just "wodjawidjadjasxnerw3urowqeowehjlaslsqüweikerihjpswq" repeated with random spacing everywhere.

GunbladeMaster
11-05-2005, 11:32 AM
hey!
i put serious thought into that long word :p

Destai
11-05-2005, 12:01 PM
Los Angeles is the longest abbreviation in the world. It's not really Los Angeles, it's something much longer (obviously), and it shortens to L.A.I looked it up and your right.This is the name of the place anyway
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch meaning "St. Mary's Church in the hollow of white hazel near a rapid whirlpool and the Church of St. Tysilio near the red cave."

Necron
11-05-2005, 02:14 PM
I looked it up and your right.This is the name of the place anyway
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch meaning "St. Mary's Church in the hollow of white hazel near a rapid whirlpool and the Church of St. Tysilio near the red cave."

So that is the real name of Los Angeles?

GunbladeMaster
11-05-2005, 03:18 PM
its real name is Spanish for
The City Of Angels

blackchocobo9999
11-05-2005, 03:24 PM
This topic is so random... I love It :D

Psychotic
11-05-2005, 03:29 PM
smiles

ahahaha i'm so clever and originalI was going to choose smiles but then I remembered that elephant and crocodile are both longer.

bipper
11-05-2005, 03:35 PM
<span style="font-size: 400px; font-stretch:ultra-expanded">this </span> <br>is huge

Necron
11-05-2005, 06:29 PM
<span style="font-size: 400px; font-stretch:ultra-expanded">this </span> <br>is huge

LMAO, that's very original, give yourself a tap on the back (I'm serious, i'm not been sarcastic don't worry)

rubah
11-05-2005, 06:42 PM
"The Town of Our Lady the Queen of Angels of the Little Portion." = Los Angeles

worldnetdaily.com

Necron
11-05-2005, 09:09 PM
"The Town of Our Lady the Queen of Angels of the Little Portion." = Los Angeles

worldnetdaily.com

We're all going a little off topic here lol

nik0tine
11-05-2005, 09:14 PM
We're all going a little off topic here lollol

GunbladeMaster
11-05-2005, 09:16 PM
We're all going off topic here lol

nik0tine
11-05-2005, 09:34 PM
lol

UWAOOOOU
11-05-2005, 09:43 PM
So that is the real name of Los Angeles?I think he means thats the place in Wales.

Spiffing Cheese
11-05-2005, 10:07 PM
Pie

Sasquatch
11-05-2005, 10:22 PM
We're all going off topic here lol

lol

Old Manus
11-05-2005, 10:44 PM
lol

bipper
11-06-2005, 06:45 PM