PDA

View Full Version : Windows Movie Maker

Night Strife
11-05-2005, 12:32 AM
Whenever I want to see the whole timeline on my amv, it closes. And whenever I open it again, it closes Windows Movie Maker. HELP!

bipper
11-05-2005, 09:27 AM
There are a lot of things that will cause this type of a crash. Makesure all the movie clips are still saved to the Hard Drive, and in the same spot they were when you first imported them into windows.

Sides this, I really can't think of another cause off the top of my head. Sides to say that MS movie maker is kinda a turd, and I really do not like it much. I used it for a while about 4 years ago when I was into makeing music videos and such, but it was just crap. I try using the new one, and its just even worse :) sorry bud

Bipper

Night Strife
11-05-2005, 07:34 PM
Is there any alteranates I should use?

Samuraid
11-05-2005, 09:10 PM
Adobe Premiere is great if you have the money for it. :) It does have a bit of a learning curve though.

Night Strife
11-05-2005, 09:14 PM
Hmmm, I do have some money even though I don't work...

bipper
11-06-2005, 04:43 PM
Yeah, it is hard to find a good free one. I went looking for one I used to have, but could not find it. I belive i downloaded it of Scourceforge, but now I am lost.

It worked really well, though it was mainly textbased (command wise), and made to run on linux. :D

Samuraid has it right though, adobe premiere is great, but very spendy. There are some free Real Media versions too, but that is like using AOL; it buys you a ticket straight into hell.

As far as your microsoft problem goes, I looked around, and the closest I could find is to delete all your imported clips from movie maker, and then re import them, or reinstall movie maker all together.

Hope that helped some :)

Bipper

Night Strife
11-06-2005, 04:53 PM
Thanks for the tips. Just need someone to do my sig request...

bipper
11-06-2005, 05:01 PM
If your into free software, you can look at the GIMP for your Siggy. www.gimp.org or if you have windows, more specifically http://gimp-win.sourceforge.net/ that would help ya out.

It gets a little tricky to use, but overall, it will allow you to do all the sigs you want :)

Bipper

Night Strife
11-06-2005, 05:28 PM
Seeing as it's free, doesn't look like I can make good sigs as if with photoshop. Looks good though.

bipper
11-06-2005, 06:42 PM
Seeing as it's free, doesn't look like I can make good sigs as if with photoshop. Looks good though.

Once you get going with it, you will be able to do much more with it than photoshop. Hands down. It has my vote. I do a bit o animation, and even some basic 3d work with it ;)

Bipper