PDA

View Full Version : democracy sucks

Cloud No.9
11-05-2005, 01:22 PM
this is gamefaqs top 100 games selected by users. and frankly it has no merit at all.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/top10/top10_100.html

half life down at 31? halo in the top 10? and look how many mario bros stuff is in there. ico down at 79? chrono trigger above ff6?

what a shoddy shoddy list. anyone agree?

Destai
11-05-2005, 02:30 PM
gamefaq's polls are almost as stupid as IGN's.

Traitorfish
11-05-2005, 03:51 PM
Well, Final Fantasy VII and MGS both seemed to have appropriate places, but the rest of the list is screwed up. Among other things, Half-LIfe at 31? Doom at 33? Tetris at 34? What the hell!?! It seems to me that abunch of dumb twelve year olds have monoplised the poll, and any real classic gam eis not getting it's due respect. Hence San Andreas at 11 and Mrtal Kombat at 58.

bipper
11-05-2005, 04:11 PM
It all depends on whom answered the poll. If everyone liked halo better, does that make it a better game? No. Some of the best games have flopped because of crappy marketing. Therefore, there is really no real justification to this poll.

Bipper

Dreddz
11-05-2005, 05:19 PM
I dont agree with most, but Im not complaining, FFVII's spot just goes to show that FFVII IS better than Ocarina !

Erdrick Holmes
11-05-2005, 05:30 PM
You can't spell ignorant without IGN.

Dreddz
11-05-2005, 05:36 PM
You can't spell ignorant without IGN.
Gotta Remember that one .....

Lindy
11-05-2005, 05:51 PM
Welcome to the latest edition of "The majority doesn't have the same opinions as me, wah, wah, wah", everybody enjoy the show!

kikimm
11-05-2005, 06:12 PM
If I actually agreed with this list, then I would start getting worried.

Otherwise I don't care.

Erdrick Holmes
11-05-2005, 06:29 PM
Street Fighter II: World Warriors belongs within the 1-10 spot.

Lindy
11-05-2005, 06:29 PM
Haha.

I lol'd.

RSL
11-05-2005, 06:42 PM
Haha, nice one Joel.

Um, yeah, I don't really care too much about lists like this.

Dreddz
11-05-2005, 10:29 PM
A greatest games list will never happen, its all in a matter of opinion, for all we know Twin Caliber could of been the greatest game ever ??

Madame Adequate
11-05-2005, 10:57 PM
X-Com: UFO defense at 100? That's 98 places below Legend of Zelda: OOT. Which shows what a pile of /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif this is. Only three games have a good shot at being above X-Com. Civilization IV, FFX, and Suikoden II.

Ok, and NiGHTS into Dreams is below a Castlevania game? Castlevania is on the list at all?

But CT definately should be above FFVI. Even if most of the list is total BS, that part is accurate. Even though CC should be higher than CT, in turn.

So yeah, nobody knows WTF they're talking about.

If you think this is bad, look at the character battles. At least this is a fairly wide assortment of danm good games, even if the order is messed the hell up.

Dreddz
11-05-2005, 11:43 PM
But CT definately should be above FFVI. Even if most of the list is total BS, that part is accurate. Even though CC should be higher than CT, in turn.

how do you know, thats only your opinion, dont say it like its fact.
And I think FFVII ranks alot higher than CT

Madame Adequate
11-06-2005, 03:25 AM
how do you know, thats only your opinion, dont say it like its fact.
And I think FFVII ranks alot higher than CT

Of course it's only opinion. Just because I don't explicitly state it as opinion doesn't mean it's not opinion.

Black Mage
11-06-2005, 04:28 AM
The list is void simply because it doesn't sport Valkyrie Profile or Tales of Phantasia.

Facts are facts, people.

nik0tine
11-06-2005, 05:28 AM
It's time for me to whine about how Xenogears is number 30 something, and FF7 is number one. *whines*

Madame Adequate
11-06-2005, 06:39 AM
It's time for me to whine about how Xenogears is number 30 something, and FF7 is number one. *whines*

That's another good, factual point. While I prefer FFVII marginally to XG, it's not by more than one or two space in a list like this.

In fact, I think I might go and make my own list of '100 Best Games' and then we'll get some sanity around here.

Be back in an hour.

Erdrick Holmes
11-06-2005, 06:57 AM
There isn't a single SNK game on there. This list is crap.

lordblazer
11-06-2005, 07:42 AM
WTF?

They didn't even put Morrowind on that damn list. That should be like number one RPG.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox/review/R35253.html

Madame Adequate
11-06-2005, 07:45 AM
Well, I had a list, plus the post I was going to put with it, but I was fixing my sig and I copy-pasted something... losing the stuff. Shoulda saved. Meh, here's my post anyway:

So, as you can see from my list, this entire concept is complete bullhockey. Whilst there are games on there that might not be on other people's lists, the major problem is with the order they are in. What makes Chrono Cross deserving of position #10 whilst Legend of Dragoon is relegated to #76? How the hell do you compare Cannon Fodder to ICO? And other such rhetoric.

I know I can name perhaps a top three, top five, or a top ten, but any more than that and it gets far too complex and the lines between position #34 and #35 are so tiny as to be pointless, whilst trying to cram a full 100 awesome games in, out of tens of thousands of titles, is equally ridiculous.

Concept. Flawed.

Although it has offered us a chance to laugh at the poor tastes of others. Like Joel there. Silly boy.

Raven Nox
11-06-2005, 07:50 AM
Why do people even make lists like this? It's pretty pointless. There's to many great games to rank them.

EDIT: I'm my own MILF said it better than me. xD