PDA

View Full Version : The Blair Witch Project

Necron
11-05-2005, 02:16 PM
What are your views on the Blair Witch Project? Many people believe this is all just a hoax, and many sites and information on the internet back this idea up.

What do you think?

Rye
11-05-2005, 02:25 PM
I think it may have been real, but not the stupid movie.

Dreddz
11-05-2005, 02:34 PM
lol, omg everyone knows its fake, you lot are so gullible, anywayz, scary first time, yawn fest the next .....

Necron
11-05-2005, 02:36 PM
lol, omg everyone knows its fake, you lot are so gullible, anywayz, scary first time, yawn fest the next .....

The movie however was real footage from real cameras that were apperently found somewhere in the woods that the people camped... It may well have been a hoax, it may not be who knows, we have no real evidence either way

Dreddz
11-05-2005, 02:39 PM
it came 5th in the scariest films ever, and the director went and talked about it, he says its fake, and a set went into the woods to do all of it, it only says its real to make it more spooky ......

Alive-Cat
11-05-2005, 02:42 PM
I think it was really a bunch of super smart chimps that were doing an experiment with thunder and it got out of hand when the lead monkey killed an old man by axcident...

Necron
11-05-2005, 02:48 PM
I once saw a documentary on the subject. It say's that Heather, Joshua and Micheal were sent to do a project on the Blair Witch, however they had no idea on any of the things that were to happen to them. Apparently, another team of people were studying how people would react after hearing all these stories, so they followed them at night and set speakers up all around the woods so that sounds would come from all directions.. All it took was a few rocks and a few sounds to freak the hell outta them. However, they did lose themselves, that had nothing to do with anyone else, they did that by themselves. All the arguements were apparently real, no acts. They made their own route and they had no idea that any of it was going to happen. This documentary also said that afterwards, even though Heather, Josh and Michael found out after it had all happened that they had been screwed with, they had to have treatment because of the traumatic events..

Apparently..

And what came first in the scariest films ever? I would really like to know..

Psychotic
11-05-2005, 03:10 PM
The ending made no sense. They run into a house and then fall over? What the crap? At least make the Blair Witch come and shoot laser beams at them or capture them and try to bake them into a pie or something.

Spiffing Cheese
11-05-2005, 03:14 PM
The ending made no sense. They run into a house and then fall over? What the crap? At least make the Blair Witch come and shoot laser beams at them or capture them and try to bake them into a pie or something.

I think the point was that you didn't actually <i>see</i> anything, so that everything is left to your imagination. :p But man that would've been cool if they all became a pie.

The film terrifed me the first time I saw it. xD Especially the end where Josh was in the corner so that the nasty Blair Witch... thing could kill her. *shudders* I'm such a wimp.

Yeah, I saw on the Scariest Movies Ever about how they screwed with the actors. That was funny. xD

blackchocobo9999
11-05-2005, 03:17 PM
I once saw a documentary on the subject. It say's that Heather, Joshua and Micheal were sent to do a project on the Blair Witch, however they had no idea on any of the things that were to happen to them. Apparently, another team of people were studying how people would react after hearing all these stories, so they followed them at night and set speakers up all around the woods so that sounds would come from all directions.. All it took was a few rocks and a few sounds to freak the hell outta them. However, they did lose themselves, that had nothing to do with anyone else, they did that by themselves. All the arguements were apparently real, no acts. They made their own route and they had no idea that any of it was going to happen. This documentary also said that afterwards, even though Heather, Josh and Michael found out after it had all happened that they had been screwed with, they had to have treatment because of the traumatic events..

Apparently..

I agree

The film terrifed me the first time I saw it. xD Especially the end where Josh
was in the corner so that the nasty Blair Witch... thing could kill her. *shudders*

I thought it was Mike...

Psychotic
11-05-2005, 03:17 PM
Oh, it's some lame attempt by the movie directors to be clever and artsy? "OH IT'S A METAPHOR FOR HOW DARKNESS CAN CONQUER THE HUMAN SOUL!" It's not as good a metaphor as laser beams or pie cooking, fucker.

Luara
11-05-2005, 03:30 PM
I think...its was real! >.<

Spiffing Cheese
11-05-2005, 03:58 PM
I agree

I thought it was Mike...

It could well be, I never pay attention.

Necron
11-05-2005, 04:31 PM
It could well be, I never pay attention.

Yes, it was Michael; Josh dissapeared earlier on.

Jess
11-05-2005, 04:45 PM
When I watched that film I LOL'ed. How is it scary at all? :]

Necron
11-05-2005, 04:47 PM

Well, for a start it is meant to be real, because it is meant to be real life footage. That is what we are discussing in this Thread.

And, as that other guy said, it did come 5th in the most scariest movies..

boris no no
11-05-2005, 04:47 PM
OMG DONT GO IN THE WOOD TONIGHT
OR YOU'RE IN FOR A BIG SURPRISE

ITS THE TEDDY BEARS PICNIC!!!!! ;o ;o ;o ;o

it was a hoax. the people were actors. yes they didnt know what was going to happen to them but it was all just a story, they knew what it was about and the director and the producer just ran about and made noises

Necron
11-05-2005, 04:50 PM
OMG DONT GO IN THE WOOD TONIGHT
OR YOU'RE IN FOR A BIG SURPRISE

ITS THE TEDDY BEARS PICNIC!!!!! ;o ;o ;o ;o

it was a hoax. the people were actors. yes they didnt know what was going to happen to them but it was all just a story, they knew what it was about and the director and the producer just ran about and made noises

They were sent to do a project, the people in the film are not actors, they didn't know that they were in for a scare, they just thought that they were going in there to do a project. The film makers had planned to scare the living hell outta them to make it seem more scary.

boris no no
11-05-2005, 04:55 PM
They were sent to do a project, the people in the film are not actors, they didn't know that they were in for a scare, they just thought that they were going in there to do a project. The film makers had planned to scare the living hell outta them to make it seem more scary.
they are actors as they got paid
the film makers did want to scare them but it was all part of a sceme they wanted to do
this is an old topic, we talked about this at school when it came out
looking at your age you wernt even old enough to know what it was when it came out :P

Dreddz
11-05-2005, 04:58 PM

Apparently..

The shining came first, which was a load of crap cause that was only scary twice in the movie.
And the people were actors, Daniel Myrick ( the director ) talks about how some of the people did it really well, like when heather got a bit of nose drizzle when doing one of her scenes. He said that was scripted.....
Also, in real life, do you really think these 3 people would film all that happened, if all of this was happening for real, I highly dought they would film every second ....

Necron
11-05-2005, 05:00 PM
they are actors as they got paid
the film makers did want to scare them but it was all part of a sceme they wanted to do
this is an old topic, we talked about this at school when it came out
looking at your age you wernt even old enough to know what it was when it came out :P

Why does everyone comment on age? It's so immature, everyone was young once you know.

Dreddz
11-05-2005, 05:03 PM
Why does everyone comment on age? It's so immature, everyone was young once you know.
some people like to mock others, why, cause there ********

TurkSlayer
11-05-2005, 05:03 PM
My favorite line ever in a horror film came from this. "There are no babies out there, man! There are no babies!"

... It was a hoax.

Necron
11-05-2005, 05:08 PM
I do believe in the paranormal and things like that. The movie was a hoax, but i think people are forgetting that the Blair Witch exsisted (or not) way before the movie was made.

Dreddz
11-05-2005, 05:08 PM
Not that much off topic, did anyone see a program that was on C4 months and months ago about the real blair witch project where people actually did this to a couple of girls, one of them being on of the guys girlfriend. They got them pretty scared tilled they tied them up and said they were going to bury them.
The boys got punished bad, as the girls all went to the police it was so bad. Scary looking at people who really were crapping themselves....

boris no no
11-05-2005, 05:09 PM
the comment on your age was not meant to be insulting
when it came out you were 8 so would not have seen the impact of it, the theories going around etc
they WERE actors
you're meant to think they wernt, the whole point is to scare you

SammieBabe
11-05-2005, 05:15 PM
http://www.snopes.com/horrors/ghosts/blair.htm

Check out that site.. it's fake. If I am not mistaken, the actors were film students at the University of Central Florida. They also appeared at one of the MTV award shows AFTER the movie was released.....

Meat Puppet
11-05-2005, 05:28 PM
did someone try to copy the movie? :confused:

Craig
11-05-2005, 05:40 PM
it came 5th in the scariest films ever, and the director went and talked about it, he says its fake, and a set went into the woods to do all of it, it only says its real to make it more spooky ......

I saw that. Dreddz is right, they had the director of the movie on the show, they used Camcorders because they didn't have much money or something.

Necron
11-05-2005, 06:03 PM
I saw that. Dreddz is right, they had the director of the movie on the show, they used Camcorders because they didn't have much money or something.

I believe they used camcorders to make the movie look like real life footage, therefore making the whole thing scarier ^^

blackchocobo9999
11-05-2005, 06:53 PM
I believe they used camcorders to make the movie look like real life footage, therefore making the whole thing scarier ^^
The movie wouldnt be as scary as what it was if it they used top quality camera's.

War Angel
11-05-2005, 08:37 PM
, we have no real evidence either way
Dude. Really. Those are known actours on that movie, with producers and production team, and whanot. You can look it up. They made it for, like, 300,000 bucks, and it earned them serious amounts of millions. Good deal.

Anyway, it's not even TRYING to be a real. It's a scary movie like any other. Except it's not scary.

Destai
11-05-2005, 08:42 PM
Its just a movie about a bunch of angsty wussy teenagers and a very misunderstood forest bear.

boris no no
11-05-2005, 08:45 PM
Its just a movie about a bunch of angsty wussy teenagers and a very misunderstood forest bear.
xDDDD
i award you with a lol

Destai
11-05-2005, 08:47 PM
Aww shucks *embaressed*

Necron
11-05-2005, 08:53 PM
Dude. Really. Those are known actours on that movie, with producers and production team, and whanot. You can look it up. They made it for, like, 300,000 bucks, and it earned them serious amounts of millions. Good deal.

Anyway, it's not even TRYING to be a real. It's a scary movie like any other. Except it's not scary.

They ARE trying to make it look real, even though it's not.

GunbladeMaster
11-05-2005, 09:00 PM
well speaking of real or non real movies....
is the Exorcism of Emily Rose real or fiction?
the main site says its a true story and they have all this proof

Necron
11-05-2005, 09:06 PM
well speaking of real or non real movies....
is the Exorcism of Emily Rose real or fiction?
the main site says its a true story and they have all this proof

I've never seen any of em.. Probably not real though, alot of horror movies try to make you think it's real as a sad attemp to make you scared..
At the beginning of Jeepers Creepers they say it is a true story. That's proof enough that it's all a load o' rubbish.

Dreddz
11-05-2005, 10:26 PM
They did it as an original idea which hadnt been done before, worked well ........

Cloud No.9
11-05-2005, 11:34 PM
it was without a movie. had a script, director, actors etc.

it was one of the most cheaply made films of all time. very little lighting. just camcorders and a bit of infared on them. was the biggest percentage profit because of that.

but it was a film people.

DMKA
11-06-2005, 06:46 AM
The movie however was real footage from real cameras that were apperently found somewhere in the woods that the people camped... It may well have been a hoax, it may not be who knows, we have no real evidence either way
No no, you see, that's where people got confused...that was the movie's plot, and not an actual claim to truth. It was a movie, and nothing more, and the cast was on MTV a million times when the movie was new, which would be kind of odd if it was real and they...died at the end.

Necron
11-06-2005, 02:56 PM
They did it as an original idea which hadnt been done before, worked well ........

It sure did

Squall7
11-06-2005, 09:27 PM
What are your views on the Blair Witch Project? Many people believe this is all just a hoax, and many sites and information on the internet back this idea up.

I can't believe this movie is still discussed. It is an obvious hoax and a definite candidate for the worst film ever made.

It may well have been a hoax, it may not be who knows, we have no real evidence either way

Other then the filmakers admitting they made it up what more proof do you need?

They were professional actors and they knew exactly what was going on. The director told them to go into the woods and get footage of themselves acting scared. They did not need any "treatment" because it was all acting.

Originally Posted by Jess:

Well, for a start it is meant to be real, because it is meant to be real life footage. That is what we are discussing in this Thread.

And, as that other guy said, it did come 5th in the most scariest movies..

The Blair Witch Project is so bad it's scary.:mad:

Wrong. Heather Donahue did Steak n Shake commercials before The Blair Witch Project, she also starred in Taken, her latest project is a TV movie called Manticore. Josh Leonard played Stanley in Blur of Insanity about a year before The Blair Witch Project came out. He has also done voice acting on the Fight Club game and he is currently directing a movie called Beautiful Losers. Michael Williams has been in Long Story Short and Twelve City Blocks. They were actors and they knew what was happening.

I do believe in the paranormal and things like that. The movie was a hoax, but i think people are forgetting that the Blair Witch exsisted (or not) way before the movie was made.

The entire Blair Witch legend is tottally made up. Don't belive me? The filmmakers admitted to making even the legend up. Although, there was a Bell Witch, although it was never sighted in Maryland, the filmmakers got some ideas from the Bell Witch legend.