PDA

View Full Version : ffxi for life

BlitzOn
11-06-2005, 02:57 AM
Hi!

i just wanna say what my thoughts of ffxi is..

i have played in like 3 months and this game...omg i cant explain in words!!!!!! i got shivers all over in my body just in tought in the items, fights, partys this game is so damn wonderful i cant live my life without it!! ! i mean i have a good life but this game makes it better! ;)

What do everyone else think of this game? ... " wow eat /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif" " :D

DJZen
11-06-2005, 03:09 AM
sir, you disturb me

strawberryman
11-06-2005, 06:43 AM
sir, you disturb me
...I concur.

lordblazer
11-06-2005, 07:31 AM
Hi!

i just wanna say what my thoughts of ffxi is..

i have played in like 3 months and this game...omg i cant explain in words!!!!!! i got shivers all over in my body just in tought in the items, fights, partys this game is so damn wonderful i cant live my life without it!! ! i mean i have a good life but this game makes it better! ;)

What do everyone else think of this game? ... " wow eat /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif" " :D
The game sucks int he end you find out you wasted your life away not accomplishing a thing but getting all your jobs to lvl 75 and maxing out your craft skills.

Wow congratz.

Lionx
11-06-2005, 08:03 AM
sir, you disturb me

Yeargdribble
11-06-2005, 05:12 PM
Don't let everyone squelch your enthusiasm too much. The game does bad things to you. Anyone that plays for a fairly extended period of time it seems becomes quite bitter and forget the way the game felt to them when it was all still new. The world of Vana'diel was huge and amazing then.

I started on the same server as a large group of people I knew also from a messageboard (FF:WA). I started about a year after all of them and while I was busy being exuberant and enjoying all the game had to offer to me... all of the new things, they were bitter and somewhat lackluster about everything. They didn't care about how much I enjoyed the game and had already been ruined by the routine and reptitives time sinks of the game.

When I started I loved a lot of things and I had faaaaar more patience than I have now. Just because I've noticed a lot of repitition and have lost patience with many things doesn't mean I still don't enjoy the game very thoroughly.

As for people saying that you wasted your life doing everything FFXI has to offer... I'm sorry you feel that way but I've made many friends. Even friends that have quit the game still talk to me fairly regularly through AIM. Also, what else would you do with your fun time? Plany other games? Sure you can do that. Watch TV? Umm... how is that better than doing something that actual engages your mind and exposes you to some social outlet. If you didn't like the game and left it bitterly I'm sorry.

I will still always look at people with your enthusiasm at first and think they are a noob and think somewhat ill of them but I'm glad they are having fun. I hope you continue to play and enjoy FFXI. Don't let anyone bring you down. You may look back one day and laugh at your own hyper-exuberance but we all had to start somewhere ^^ Happy adventuring.

BlitzOn
11-06-2005, 08:10 PM
well, i thught you ppl....ew what the hell screw you guys. :mad2:

DJZen
11-06-2005, 09:27 PM
Isn't it a little early to be propositioning us?

BlitzOn
11-06-2005, 11:03 PM
#8 :love:

Miriel
11-07-2005, 12:13 AM
Don't let everyone squelch your enthusiasm too much. The game does bad things to you. Anyone that plays for a fairly extended period of time it seems becomes quite bitter and forget the way the game felt to them when it was all still new. The world of Vana'diel was huge and amazing then.

You're right about the bitterness factor. But not everyone falls victim to the been there, done that mentality. I've been playing for over a year and I still feel like a newbie. Mostly, cause I AM still a newbie. :p

I still /dance when I gain levels, I stop to look at the rainbows in La Theine Plateau, and I still feel like Vana'diel is a huge world that I've only scratched the surface of. Maybe it's cause I never really gave into the whole level level level approach to the game. I always have and always will prefer a good adventure to the endless level grind.

That feeling of everything being new and exciting is the best thing about this game. It's a shame that so many people lose sight of that after playing for a few months.

Vaprice
11-07-2005, 02:42 AM
oh my. *takes his computer or PS2 away* xD calm down.

Ouch!
11-07-2005, 03:33 AM
I have three words for you: drugs are bad.

By the way, DJZen, I can never say this enough. You rock.

DJZen
11-07-2005, 06:01 AM
I rock the subligar 'til the breakabreakadawn.

strawberryman
11-07-2005, 06:24 AM
You're right about the bitterness factor. But not everyone falls victim to the been there, done that mentality. I've been playing for over a year and I still feel like a newbie. Mostly, cause I AM still a newbie. :p

I still /dance when I gain levels, I stop to look at the rainbows in La Theine Plateau, and I still feel like Vana'diel is a huge world that I've only scratched the surface of. Maybe it's cause I never really gave into the whole level level level approach to the game. I always have and always will prefer a good adventure to the endless level grind.

That feeling of everything being new and exciting is the best thing about this game. It's a shame that so many people lose sight of that after playing for a few months.
...I feel the same way sometimes. D=

By the way, DJZen, I can never say this enough. You rock.

Ryder
11-07-2005, 04:16 PM
I think the game kicks ass. I just got it recently and havent got off it.

Vaprice
11-07-2005, 11:19 PM
ryder has no idea how big of a rabbit hole he will fall into.

Lionx
11-07-2005, 11:54 PM
>Haijin (pronounced hai geen) noun (japanese)
definitions:
1:a person who eats, sleeps, breathes and lives ffxi to the exclusion of friends, family, life, and food.
2:a person with no social life who just comes home from work and plays ffxi until its time to go back to work again
3:*enter my photograph here*

:3

FFX_fanatiq
11-20-2005, 09:53 PM
ccccccccccc

lordblazer
11-21-2005, 03:29 AM
12 bucks a month is pretty cheap its just when your time slot in your life fills up to were oyu don't have time to play the game. Then once you get at a higher level int he game. More of oyur time is required to advance further or get gil to buy a single piece of armor.,

Gil wasn;'t the issue with me it was just geting through CoP and doing events and lvling.

Stuff took too long to even get ready for. Joining a LS at higher levels is a goo d idea but make sure you join one that is good.Also join some screw around LS's.

Like my friend Hali made an LS for all of those who participated in our first Party(we were newbs in windurst at lvl 6-7 we went to tahrongi canyon and went ot mazes at lvl 10-13 then to valkrum from lvl 13-20) That was the life for me when th game was fun and time manageable. Then Senior year came and real life got hectic for me. So I ended up quitting.

Anyway i got up to lvl 45.

With gil I was a businessman lol. I rarely ever used the Auction. I became more of a producer than a consumer. I made stuff for me and sold whatever was extra. Traded with LS's. Threatened a few gil sellers and monopolizers and was able to get 15 mil gil.

Anyway i gave it all away before i left in October lol.

Anywayt he game is awesome but there are periods iny our life were you just have to sacrifice the game. Like right now I'mm fund raising money to participate in Presidential Classroom Future World leaders summit.

If you want to donate to my cause pm me and I'll give yout he link and info on the program and to my donation webpage. Anyway all my cash that I'm making is going straight to that I'm working three jobs right now.. And my classes are getting more and more hectic. Heck I'm getting ready for bed right now just done my laundry. lol.

Anyway if your life 15-16 or 18-21 or older and life ain't that hectic for oyu. Then yeah keep playing and getyour money's worth but when your play time on this game goes down to 3 hours a week. Cancel your account for now and save the 12 bucks a month.

Its all what you feel and do. I had a hard time explaining that to people on my server.

Rostum
11-21-2005, 03:38 AM
Anyway i got up to lvl 45.

Dynamis my ass.

lordblazer
11-21-2005, 03:43 AM
Dynamis my ass.
I never played it on my account my friend Erikorn lets me play his lvl 75 Monk so :P lol see what I mean your not caring for hwa t i said you just wanna attack attack attack over immature crap of having doubts on someone.

Sure I never played dynamis with my Bard but i did play dynamis with Erikorn's Monk.

So what does me playing Dynamis or not or lying or not have to do with this topic?

I mean its easy for me to answer this, but how come the staff doesn't ride on your butt for posting spam and wasting space. I shouldn't have to explain crap to you and I know the staff is gonna give me crap for posting this post because its "hostile". but then again so is your post.Well not as much as hostile, but as you know the guy who doesnt care about the topic or message, but more of the guy and waiting for that guy to screw up so he can eat him alive...

Yeah a bit immature Omecle.

Lionx
11-21-2005, 04:01 AM
What level was your BRD, and why the hell were you in Dynamis? O.o; You have hardly seen anything until you get to level 60+.

In either case, school is always more important, and I too left FFXI for my last year of school. Now I have pleanty of time to play during university and still keep on top of things.

I got it up to lvl 75 :P lol so what do you mean why the hell Iw as in Dynamis?

BTW my friend i mentioned yeah he helped me and my cousin helped me lvl it.

In any case Dynamis is way more fun if you got teamwork going...its impossible to actually see it all like you said on your other post.

Ouch!
11-21-2005, 04:03 AM
The mature thing to do would be to ignore immature comments.

lordblazer
11-21-2005, 04:40 AM
In any case Dynamis is way more fun if you got teamwork going...its impossible to actually see it all like you said on your other post.
I didnt do it by myself the LS Loveth was doing it and Erikorn let me use his char lol. It was pretty fun I only di dit onc ena dhad no clue what I was doing lol got pwned ten times.

Markus. D
11-21-2005, 04:55 AM
well, i ussually get bitter in mmo type games if ive had a bad day.

thats ussually never though so.

im going to fall in love with this game MUAHAHAHA!

Lionx
11-21-2005, 05:56 AM
I didnt do it by myself the LS Loveth was doing it and Erikorn let me use his char lol. It was pretty fun I only di dit onc ena dhad no clue what I was doing lol got pwned ten times.

No no i mean with people you know and stuff, it snot a matter of doing it alone or not but doing it with friends and sharing the experiences together.

Rostum
11-21-2005, 06:32 AM
No no i mean with people you know and stuff, it snot a matter of doing it alone or not but doing it with friends and sharing the experiences together.

lol Snot!

lordblazer
11-21-2005, 06:38 AM
oh you mean people you know in real life.

Yeah your right your gaming experience quadruples in quality if your playing with people you know in real life.

Lionx
11-21-2005, 06:50 AM
Not limited to real life, but online too, some people have closer online friends and stuff. But yeah you basically know what i mean ^^; FFXI is a very team oriented game, so the more people you know and trust in that team, the more fun it is whether you win or lose.

Rostum
11-21-2005, 12:42 PM
Lionx speaks the truth. Going through the missions and events are much more fun and exciting when doing them with friends. Whether it be your close real life friends and/or your close online friends.

That's what's so great about this game, but it can also be a hinderance at times or to some. I love the fact that I can build up my character, play in a world with my friends, help them out and explore the history and story line.

Oh, Lordblazer. No need to be so defensive, no need to try and prove yourself all the time. And never take anything I say personally. Seriously.

Yeargdribble
11-21-2005, 03:34 PM
I seem to remember your exit post blazer... claiming you'd done it all and finished everything the game held for you. I won't even BEGIN to claim that I've done it all... this game is way larger than that. Also doing it on a friend's account is not the same as doing it with a group of friends you 'grew up' with. It's different doing it as your character, a character you can be proud of, a character that garners respect from much of your server and from the others that play your job.

This game is not about trying everything out once on someone else's character... this is a social game and actually participating with your friends and finding a part of the community you fit into is a much larger part of this game.

Thank god there are people that can stick it through the low levels these days. I believe if I were just starting the game with things as they are now I'd probably only last half way to getting a subjob.

This game is not nice to anyone who is not level 75, Rank 10, rich as crap, etc... It is difficult to make it through those low levels these days. The prices are crazy (though by comparison so are the prices of things lowbie can farm so it balances out a bit I guess). The biggest problem now with leveling a low job is that people are the most elite of the elite. When you go level in the dunes there is a good chance that half the people you encounter will have a level 75 job and will think poorly of you.

This is too sad I think. We all started somewhere and I wish people weren't like this. I make a point of inviting people with no subjobs and low Rank because they obviously need encouragment against crap like that. Sure I'll go to the dunes wearing up to 2M in gear depending on the job. Everything I wear will be HQ or HQ2 ( I like little white and blue boxes) and I will do my best but for christsakes I don't think everyone should. I can make obscene amounts of money in short amounts of time if I feel like it. People just starting the game can't and shouldn't be expected to.

I started out as a crappy noob.. hell I wore the level 11 doublet all the ay to 36 with my WHM /shame. But now look at me. I made some good friend and I learned to be a good player. I hold a decent amount of respect on my server as a player and as a bard as a result. So if you get frustrated with elitists just remember, one day they might actually be begging for your help (has happened to me many times).

/rant off
/rambling off

Markus. D
12-20-2005, 10:00 AM
final words: nothings wrong with loveing an MMO game as much as Blitzon does.