PDA

View Full Version : The Ending? **SPOILER AWAIT...**

GunbladeMaster
11-06-2005, 04:34 PM
um ok so
what happened in the ending?

why did Ramza and Alma run away from society?
and whats up with the "after the credits ending"

Ovelia stabs Deltia and the he stabs her back right?
Why did she do it?
I know she said:
"You are going to use me than kill me just like everyone else!"

Where did she get that idea from?
But then she dies right and he says

"Ramza...."
"What did you get..."
"I............"

and then its over
can someone care to explain this to me?
most appreciated

BG-57
11-06-2005, 08:55 PM
Some of this is open to interpretation:

The official word in recorded history is that Alma and Ramza were killed in the final battle against Altima, as apparently were everyone else in Ramza's party. Orlandu of course died earlier, in Bethla Garrison (in reality his double). His contributions to saving Ivalice were lost to history, with the credit going to Delita.

This is why they were in attendence at their own funeral. Olan witnessed that they were alive and well, which was instrumental in his descision to write a revisionist history of Ivalice. Naturally he was silenced by those in authority since it cast such a dim view of the Glabados church and the ruling king, Delita. It took decades before Olan's decendant Alazam was able to tell the true story, which is the story of FFT.

Ramza was truly selfless and apparently okay with the idea that his hard work was not recognized. He's one of the few characters that seems to beleieve in virtue as it's own reward. In order to preserve the official story, he had to pretend to be dead. Perhaps also it gave him and his sister a rare oppurtunity to start over and free themselves from the society of Ivalice.

As for Delita and Ovelia's fate, it boiled down to Delita's lies and deceptions coming back to haunt him. He had shamelessly used Ovelia along with many of his friends and enemies, but she didn't know how much he had betrayed her trust until up to right before that moment.

Consider that he murdered his own leige, Goltana, along with two of his closest advisors. He also cut out Balmafuda's tongue. Ovelia had a right to be worried.

I suspect Ovelia perished from their scuffle and Delita survived and went on to reign as the 'elightened king' that mainstream history has portrayed him as.

GunbladeMaster
11-06-2005, 08:58 PM
but i still dont understand this line:

"Ramza...."
"Where did you get..."
"I............"

and plus in the ending it didnt say Olan
it said something like Olarin or something similar to that

BG-57
11-06-2005, 09:01 PM
A big revalation in the game is that the person telling the story is a descendant of Olan Durai.

As for why Delita thinks of his friend at that moment, there could be many reasons. I interpret it as guilty conscience.

TurkSlayer
11-06-2005, 09:11 PM
um ok so
what happened in the ending?

why did Ramza and Alma run away from society?

They were still heretics, or at least Ramza was, and no one outside of the party besides Olan, Balmafula, and Delita knew that they had saved the world. Thus he had to live the rest of his life in hiding.

Ovelia stabs Deltia and the he stabs her back right?
Why did she do it?
I know she said:
"You are going to use me than kill me just like everyone else!"

She had realized at this point that he had simply used her, and everyone else, to become king, and she was putting a stop to it.

But then she dies right and he says

"Ramza...."
"Where did you get..."
"I............"

The line was "Ramza... What did you get..." Think about it. Delita started out poor, and became king. Ramza started out rich, and became an outcast. What he was asking was what did he gain from what he'd done. He thought of this because Ovelia mentioned him when she stabbed him, or I think she did.

EDIT:

and plus in the ending it didnt say Olan
it said something like Olarin or something similar to that

The man that speaks in the the beginning (I forget his name) is actually Olan's decendant. That was the name in the corner.

GunbladeMaster
11-06-2005, 09:20 PM
this is what i found:

Since then,
no one has caught sight of the two.

Olan Durai reminisces in such a manner...

Where does one find good fortune?
What possesses them to live for the present?
What treasures will they leave behind?

The only thing certain is that
he is the true hero, indeed.

Years later,
Olan Durai collected his experiences over
a period of 5 years into a single syllabus.

This Collection known as the "Durai papers"
were to be presented at Prince Clemence's
meeting during which the new possessor of
the throne was to be selected,

but the church which feared public
disclosure of the truth decided to
arrest Durai and burn him at the stake
for the crime of heresy.

The retrieved Durai papers were then
confiscated by the church for several
hundred years.

But I have uncovered the truth...
Let me now revive his honor.
Let his way of life be absorbed by
the next generation.

Author of the Brave Story,
Alazlam Durai

-- Ruins of Zeltennia Castle's church --

[Delita arrives at the ruins with his chocobo to meet Ovelia.]

King Delita: Here you are...Everyone's been looking for you.

[Delita hops down from his chocobo and walks over to Ovelia.
He brings out some flowers from his back.]

King Delita: Today's your birthday, right? These flowers...

[Ovelia turns around and dashes towards at Delita. She stabs
him with a small dagger. The flowers falls down from Delita's
hand.]

King Delita: O....Ovelia...?

Queen Ovelia: You use everybody like that! Now, you'll kill me
just like Ramza...!

[Delita pulls out the dagger from Ovelia's hand and stabs her
with it. Ovela falls down on the ground and dies. Delita,
holding his wound, backs away and drops the dagger. He then
falls on his knees.]

King Delita: Ramza.... What did you get? I.........

and my apologies it was Olan

Venom
11-06-2005, 10:52 PM
What ever happened to Agrias and Orlandu?

TurkSlayer
11-07-2005, 03:06 AM
What ever happened to Agrias and Orlandu?

It doesn't say. Though Olan does wonder in the end if his father had died with honor. Of course, he didn't know Orlandu was still alive at the time.

BG-57
11-07-2005, 03:13 AM
Right, as far as the Ivalice is concerned, Orlandu died in Bethla Garrison.

I'd like to think that the old man and Agrias made it out alive in the end. The game seems to imply that they didn't survive, but Ramza and Alma weren't supposed to have either.

eestlinc
11-07-2005, 03:24 AM
There's no reason to believe Alma and Ramza came back alive yet the rest of the party did not. Most likely the other party members aren't mentioned since they all could have been killed off long ago or dismissed if you so desired.

BG-57
11-07-2005, 03:27 AM
Which would explain the guest system that prevents you from dismissing characters until they've served their purpose in the plot. Must have been quite a hassle for the scriptwriters. :eep:

eestlinc
11-07-2005, 04:10 AM
Yea, I wish they could have put in different variations depending on who was active in your party for any scene, but that would have been a bit too much detail and probably would have pushed to two discs, and the game is great enough as it is.

Azure Chrysanthemum
11-07-2005, 05:56 AM
It can probably be assumed that Orlandu also had to go into hiding as he was "dead". Most of the other characters probably dispersed, I like to think that some may have been burned as heretics along with Olan, others might have integrated with society and have been forgotten, etc. etc.

eestlinc
11-07-2005, 08:16 PM
I don't think anyone really knew who Mustadio was anyway.

BG-57
11-08-2005, 02:26 AM
I'm pretty sure Cloud made it out okay. :greenie: