PDA

View Full Version : Shadow

Leprechaun_boy3
11-06-2005, 04:39 PM
I was wondering, does shadow ever join your party permanently? Also, can you know when he is going to leave the party? He left right before the phantom forest for me yet my friend is on the train and shadow has not left yet.

Captain Maxx Power
11-06-2005, 04:51 PM
When Shadow leaves your party for the first time is random. He will either leave at the Phantom Forest, or just before the Waterfall. He returns much later on in the game. I can't remember if he levels between then, but I think it might do. Side note: If you want Shadow in your party in the second half of the game, wait until about five seconds before the timer runs out on the floating continent. I.e. Don't jump on the airship until he turns up. Just hang on, he will come.

Bowser
11-06-2005, 06:51 PM
Yeah, he levels up in between. I always hated it when he left at the Ghost Forest. I had a hard time getting through the phantom train, since throwing shadow skeans helped a lot.

ljkkjlcm9
11-06-2005, 07:08 PM
he actually leaves depending on the order of how you do the split up quests, then if you only have 3 characters going to Zozo you can buy his services, but he usually leaves randomly and screws you over in the process leaving you with 3 characters, so better to bring a 4th.... then you get him in the WoR if you wait

THE JACKEL

Crossblades
11-06-2005, 07:43 PM
On the floating continent, choose that you want to wait for him. Then in the world of ruin, go to the cave in the veldt, find the "striker", and rescue him from the behemoths. After that, go to the Colisseum and bet the striker. You will fight Shadow. After you beat him, he will join your party permanently

The legendary Shadow
11-06-2005, 08:01 PM
if you are not waiting for him,you won't get him in the WoR

Nightmare X
11-06-2005, 11:46 PM
Indeed, not waiting for Shadow results in getting him out of your party permanently.

It also makes you go to where you would normally find Shadow in the WoR to find Relm, THEN doing Relm's sidequest to get her.

So not waiting is pretty much one of the dumbest ideas ever, unless you want to see Relm's dream or something.

KoShiatar
11-07-2005, 10:12 PM
I heard you also get to see his grave in Thamasa, is that true?

Crossblades
11-07-2005, 10:40 PM
I heard you also get to see his grave in Thamasa, is that true?

That's General Leo's grave

Skarr
11-08-2005, 01:05 AM
Shame on those that forsake Shadow at the floating continent. ;)

Crossblades
11-08-2005, 09:05 PM
Shame on those that forsake Shadow at the floating continent. ;)

lol

It happened to me the very first time I played the game:p

I restarted the whole game just to get Shadow:)

BG-57
11-09-2005, 01:16 AM
Even if Shadow abandons the party you can recruit ghosts to fill up your party ranks. For fun, put one of them in the top of the roster so the ghost sprite is the one representing the party. :)

x_Hopeless_Deviate_x
11-09-2005, 04:17 AM
I was scared to leave Shadow behind because I had visions of Interceptor gnawing on my character's flesh...
Really, if the dog is that vicious how come Shadow needs to buy food for it?
All Interceptor has to do is just randomly eat any humans that come his way...
:D

Jiro
11-12-2005, 09:51 AM
since when does he buy food? I would've let Interceptor eat Relm for all the help she gave me with her sketch glitch that messed up my game. (it was an accident that the glitch happened)

Sasquatch
11-12-2005, 07:12 PM
When you meet Shadow again in Kohlingen (if you have three people in your party), he says he'll join you for 3000 GP, enough to feed his dog.

x_Hopeless_Deviate_x
11-14-2005, 07:49 AM
Thanx Sasquatch for explaining that!
:)