PDA

View Full Version : Homework sucks!

Shoden
11-06-2005, 10:18 PM
Come on I have 2 6 page essays to do in a week!

It's draining my social and free time, lack of social time = more stress and more stress leads to chances of breakdowns!!

THis is Mental abuse!!!

if you don't get then the thread's subject is bitching about your homework if you have any, I know some extremely lucky sods on EOFF don't get any.

Kamiko
11-06-2005, 10:19 PM
Damn, I have Chemistry every night.
EVERY FREAKING NIGHT!
And French too, though that's absurdly easy.
Plus I'm completely stressed over my Art project!!!! [/rant]

Shlup
11-06-2005, 10:19 PM
I have two essays due myself, though not for a couple of weeks. I'll do them last minute and then be done with them. Then I'll take my finals, the quarter will be over, and all will be right in the world.

Psychotic
11-06-2005, 10:20 PM
Homework sucks? Shoden, with a theory like that it's a wonder that people aren't hailing you as the new Einstein.

Rainecloud
11-06-2005, 10:21 PM
It's all worth it in the end, even though it is unbearably difficult.

Keep at it. I'm sure it will do you good.

Kamiko
11-06-2005, 10:21 PM
It messed up my brain. I never had to think until chemistry.

Old Manus
11-06-2005, 10:23 PM
It's not like you'll be shot if you don't do it

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
11-06-2005, 10:23 PM
It's not like you'll be shot if you don't do it
True but it still sucks

Kamiko
11-06-2005, 10:24 PM
It's not like you'll be shot if you don't do itYou obviously haven't met my mother.

kikimm
11-06-2005, 10:25 PM
I don't really mind any of my homework except for my math. Everything else I can do, and get done quickly, but math I don't get, so I either spend hours on it, or don't do it at all. Ugh.

Zeldy
11-06-2005, 10:25 PM
I dont get much Homework [wins]

Shoden
11-06-2005, 10:27 PM
If you think you're smart Psy then you sacrifice your social life for masses of paperwork and homework!

I won't get shot, I'll get clubbed!!!!!!

rubah
11-06-2005, 10:27 PM
I prefer to finish my homework at school, which reminds me.

Jess
11-06-2005, 10:28 PM
I only ever do it if it counts towards my final grade. :p

Spiffing Cheese
11-06-2005, 10:28 PM
I just did 8 pages of maths and it sucked hard.

My fault for doing fast track. ;_;

Shoden
11-06-2005, 10:30 PM
Most of the time I cannot be arsed to do it and say I forgotten it at home then do it next day, do easy homework for the next few weeks then say I forgotten it again, it worked till now...

Little Miss Awesome
11-06-2005, 10:31 PM
Most of the homework we get is coursework, I can't stand it!

Psychotic
11-06-2005, 10:32 PM
If you think you're smart Psy then you sacrifice your social life for masses of paperwork and homework!

I won't get shot, I'll get clubbed!!!!!!Replace "my social life" with "Shoden" and "for masses of paperwork and homework" with "Satan, Dark Prince of the Underworld" and you got yourself a deal.

Shoden
11-06-2005, 10:32 PM
Exactly!

the mock exams will be hell, my intelligence will backfire and I'll have to do harder GCSE exams ;-;.

Homework is a creation of Satan!

Venom
11-06-2005, 10:46 PM
English homework! My god i already know how to speak english why the hell do i have to do work on it!!!

ScottNUMBERS
11-06-2005, 10:47 PM
Exactly!

the mock exams will be hell, my intelligence will backfire and I'll have to do harder GCSE exams ;-;.

Homework is a creation of Satan!

Your what? :confused:

Samuraid
11-06-2005, 10:48 PM
Homework remains a necessary inconvenience.

Rye
11-06-2005, 10:56 PM
Wow, you make my homework look like cake. I had to do one 5-6 page essay over the weekend, that really sucked. xD

Spammerman
11-06-2005, 10:58 PM
I know how you feel. I haven't had a period of tiem in school without a project this school year.

Shoden
11-06-2005, 10:58 PM
The numbers are seperate meaning they aren't one number, Thats two 6 page essays to do.

Mock exams are Practice GCSE exams, err It's a British only thing.

Destai
11-06-2005, 11:02 PM
I prefer to finish my homework at school, which reminds me.Words out of my mouth/

I don't really mind any of my homework except for my math. Everything else I can do, and get done quickly, but math I don't get, so I either spend hours on it, or don't do it at all. Ugh.Im the exact same/ At the start of the school year I focused completely on Maths and let my other subjects suffer for ages. Its been the exact opposite for weeks now.
Wow, you make my homework look like cake. I had to do one 5-6 page essay over the weekend, that really sucked. xDIts two six pages Im gonna bet xD

crashNUMBERS
11-06-2005, 11:10 PM
At my school we're getting projects non stop one after another. There is a current pause but we have to draw a map for Social Studies class by the tenth and that just stopped that glorious pause. Fuck. Our SS teacher gives us all this crap and expects us to have all of this high to the max technology like we're rocket scientists when she can't even turn on a computer. She has a laptop for her class to project to a smart board but always asks this one kid to turn it on and to get it up and running. Pfft. She prolly rushes him when she has a slow PC the whole time. It pisses me off...

Rengori
11-06-2005, 11:15 PM
Does this really need its own thread? I thought it was blatantly obvious.

Captain Maxx Power
11-06-2005, 11:25 PM
I have some, but it mainly involves writing up my journal. I'm an extremely fast typer though. I can usually knock out about two pages of size ten font in less than half an hour, so it's not so bad.

boris no no
11-06-2005, 11:41 PM
i wish i was back at school ;____; so much easier
i have 2 presentations to do, 2 3500 word reports on the analytical research of pollutants in the environment (wha????) and 3 page booklet on the adaptation of the grey island fox, and a 60 question booklet to do, all written in essay and report styles
^____^
although i love the subject i do so thats all ok :D

Del Murder
11-06-2005, 11:43 PM
I have to take a test on financial mathematics on Wednesday so that I can get a decent job. I should be fine.

FFGuevara
11-06-2005, 11:49 PM
It's all worth it in the end, even though it is unbearably difficult.

Keep at it. I'm sure it will do you good.
Why would it do any good? What's the use of homework if you could of done it at school?

Rengori
11-06-2005, 11:58 PM
Why would it do any good? What's the use of homework if you could of done it at school?
Well said FFGuevara. As Zora Princess once said:

School is practice for the future, and practice makes perfect, but nobody's perfect so why practice?

FFGuevara
11-07-2005, 12:05 AM
People should learn what they desire, they shouldent be forced to learn something they hate or what they dont want/care. Thats what i like about Communism it supports self teaching in which you learn what you want ,what intrest's you.

Destai
11-07-2005, 12:51 AM
ummm homework and education are good things kids, mmmkay?

FFGuevara
11-07-2005, 12:59 AM
ummm homework and education are good things kids, mmmkay?
Yes education is good but school sucks. Which is why i'm for self education.

Destai
11-07-2005, 01:02 AM
Self-education? You mean like home schooling or tutoring?

Self-ed sounds like leaving a kid xx miles in the wildreness and expecting him to find his own way home xD

Anyway I think schools a great idea on lots of levels for most if not all kids.

Neco Arc
11-07-2005, 08:22 AM
chemistry is hard... all that stuff about pi and sigma bonds and remembering all the stuff involved in different processes... argh geting a brain ache....

Primus Inter Pares
11-07-2005, 08:31 AM
I just weathered the storm, now that I have left high school I can finally burn the unfinished homework from five years ago up to present time.

Nasarian Altimeros
11-07-2005, 08:53 AM
Homework is for the weird

Therefore you get THIS!

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b232/Andreil/Mumboro.jpg

Yuffie514
11-07-2005, 03:15 PM
...you don't know homework until you get to college and you want to/have a major in English. yea, i will reconsider a career...writing is superior everywhere...movies, history, and i'm digitally "writing" as i finish off this sentence...

Shoden
11-07-2005, 04:27 PM
I'll do subjects that require low quantities of handwriting, it's already bad and barely legible.

Crop
11-07-2005, 04:31 PM
I dont do much of my homework, but I always manage to weasal my way out of the punishment. Im good at doing that.

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
11-07-2005, 05:26 PM
I have 4 essays to finish for my BTEC National Care. SOOOOOO MUCH WORK!!!. I don't even know where to start.

Anaisa
11-07-2005, 07:06 PM
People should learn what they desire, they shouldent be forced to learn something they hate or what they dont want/care. Thats what i like about Communism it supports self teaching in which you learn what you want ,what intrest's you.
I totally agree there is no point to learning about something you have no interest in and no purpose for. Why should you have to waste years of your life learning about something your not interested in? Why should you fund an education system which doesn't offer you the education you want? Then you have to go to college, instead learning about that subject your interested in in high school years would be much better. School is made to waste our time its just to keep kids off the streets until they're not deemed children anymore and are old enough to get a job.

Sare
11-07-2005, 08:30 PM
This thread reminded me of a homework of mine that I had forgotten. So I guess I should thank. Thank you.
It's a stupid psychology thing. We have to have two pictures on display. One where you're extremely sad and one where you're extremely happy. I think it's silly and we should discuss how others have reacted to the pictures or how we have reacted to them and explain our experiences. The other work is a small book where we ought to have written and glued pictures of our hopes and dreams. I bought a small book, lost it and forgot about it. Should turn it in next week I guess..

KoShiatar
11-07-2005, 09:03 PM
I was able to get into university having done my homework only every now and then...but it's not anything I suggest people to do or approve of, really.

Dinnova
11-07-2005, 09:18 PM
For this whole school year i have done a grand total of 0 hours of homework. I'm on my victory lap of high school, so i only have bird courses.:)

Necron
11-07-2005, 10:27 PM
Man, everyone gets (or got) homework. Stop moaning about it and learn to live with it.

Sergeant Hartman
11-07-2005, 10:33 PM
Do these 30 quadratic equations and find the value of x when y=4 by next lesson or you will never get anywhere in life because algebraic equations are an everyday need.

Rengori
11-07-2005, 10:48 PM
Man, everyone gets (or got) homework. Stop moaning about it and learn to live with it.

*smacks*

Kirobaito
11-07-2005, 10:55 PM
I rarely have homework, or ever had homework. My teachers (properly) believe that if you can learn the material in class, then you shouldn't have to do busy work at home. If you don't understand it, then they assign optional stuff out of the book. To do homework is your business, and whether or not you know the material will show up on tests.

Doomie
11-07-2005, 10:59 PM
I did my first 6 page, non-double space essay four years ago. From what I remember, it wasn't that bad.

Slothy
11-07-2005, 11:11 PM
To those of you complaining about homework who haven't even made it out of high school yet, I've got this to say: if it bothers you so much, forget about University and get a job at the local McDonald's, because it only gets worse from here. You complain about a measly two 6 page essays, but I have friends taking arts who do more than that in a week. Hell, I have one friend in an pre-honors program who was given a 1000 page novel to read and two days to do it. I myself spend upwards of 9 hours a day during the slow periods of the semester in class or studying/doing homework.

My point: those of you still in high school (or below) don't know how good you actually have it. And while I'm on the subject, I'm all for the finishing your homework in school too. I rarely had much in my high school days because I finished most of it in class.

FFGuevara
11-08-2005, 12:39 AM
I'd much rather help out and cause a Communist Revolution then work at a MacDonalds.:cool:

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
11-08-2005, 12:53 PM
I don't get homework. Just Loadsa Loadsa Loadsa Loadsa Loadsa Loadsa Loadsa Loadsa Loadsa Loadsa Loadsa Loadsa Loadsa Loadsa Loadsa Loadsa Loadsa Loadsa Loadsa Loadsa Loadsa Coursework......

GunbladeMaster
11-08-2005, 05:34 PM
Homework makes me happy :)
Homework is good :D
Homework should be done at school :evilking:
Homework should be called Crapwork :radred:
Homework is work you do at home :hot:
Homework is what i shower in :nonono:
sleep in :frust:
write on :grumble:
Homework is evil :grr:
:)

FFGuevara
11-08-2005, 06:26 PM
I don't get homework. Just Loadsa Loadsa Loadsa Loadsa Loadsa Loadsa Loadsa Loadsa Loadsa Loadsa Loadsa Loadsa Loadsa Loadsa Loadsa Loadsa Loadsa Loadsa Loadsa Loadsa Loadsa Coursework......
Special education?

crashNUMBERS
11-08-2005, 06:35 PM
*smacks*
*Helps and smacks aswell*

CaZ!
11-08-2005, 06:36 PM
Homework sucks? Shoden, with a theory like that it's a wonder that people aren't hailing you as the new Einstein.
well said dear physcotic

Rengori
11-09-2005, 12:11 AM
Homework should be done at school :evilking:
Homework should be called Crapwork :radred:
Homework is work you do at home :hot:
Homework is what i shower in :nonono:
sleep in :frust:
write on :grumble:
Homework is evil :grr:
:)

:D