PDA

View Full Version : is Ansem original?

Blank
11-06-2005, 11:33 PM
is Ansem a totally original strictly KH character?
i know it's a terribly noobish question but i don't care.
he just seems so random to me. is there any background on him besides all i know: he was a king somewhere and an asshol3 who screwed with worlds and ..magic or something

im not 100% on the whole princesses thing. they had pure hearts to power something he wanted to do right? to open a door to pure darkness? i forget

Skyblade
11-07-2005, 03:56 PM
Yes, Ansem is a character created entirely for KH.

GunbladeMaster
11-07-2005, 04:23 PM
hes totally original except he has the personality and figure of Sephiroth

Ansem/Sephy
11-08-2005, 03:46 AM
Yeah, I would say Ansem is modeled a little bit after Sephiroth (probably one of the reasons I like him so much). Ansem wasn't a last minute thing, but if it wasn't for him, the game would have ended at the Maleficent Dragon. Nomuru said they decided he would play an important role in the story. If it wasn't for him, the sequels would have A LOT less meaning. I can't believe the game started out without him, his reports, his awesome level!! They totally should have used Destati instead of the watered down version of it for his fight. They made Maleficent Dragon harder than his Final Form, I'm offended. NO, I repeat NO, final boss should ever be anything less than another boss's fight. If Ansem had been harder than the Dragon and Sephiroth, if he had had Destati playing, he would one of the most popular villains EVER!! Even if in CoM, he was the hadest boss (which he was), it was KH that would make him or break him. Would be cool to see him in other games, like Sephiroth. I'd buy it just to see him.:)

Skyblade
11-08-2005, 11:44 PM
Yeah, I would say Ansem is modeled a little bit after Sephiroth (probably one of the reasons I like him so much). Ansem wasn't a last minute thing, but if it wasn't for him, the game would have ended at the Maleficent Dragon. Nomuru said they decided he would play an important role in the story. If it wasn't for him, the sequels would have A LOT less meaning. I can't believe the game started out without him, his reports, his awesome level!! They totally should have used Destati instead of the watered down version of it for his fight. They made Maleficent Dragon harder than his Final Form, I'm offended. NO, I repeat NO, final boss should ever be anything less than another boss's fight. If Ansem had been harder than the Dragon and Sephiroth, if he had had Destati playing, he would one of the most popular villains EVER!! Even if in CoM, he was the hadest boss (which he was), it was KH that would make him or break him. Would be cool to see him in other games, like Sephiroth. I'd buy it just to see him.:)

Ansem was a sad shadow of Sephy. I would have been upset had he been stronger. Besides, tons of games have bosses harder than the final bosses. Emerald and Ruby WEAPONs from VII were harder than Sephy, Omega and Ultima Weapons were harder than Ulti from VIII, etc...

StarlightAngel
11-09-2005, 12:43 AM
Ansem was a wuss :p

But, yeah. He was originally made JUST for Kindgom Hearts ^^

ffxfreak93
11-09-2005, 06:34 AM
ansem<sephiroth

Ansem/Sephy
11-09-2005, 09:49 PM
In terms of:

Strength: Sephiroth

Looks: Tie, I say!!

Endurance: Ansem, easy

You beat him once, he creates that huge dome and fights you again. Twice, he brings you into Kingdom Hearts itself. Thrice, he goes into his Guardian and awaits your defeat by his grand army of Heartless as he regains strength. Four times, Ansem opens the Door to Darkness and is overcome by the Light within. A little shaken, yes, but he remains as though he is yet to be harmed as he opens the Dark Door. In KH:CoM, Ansem returns and troubles Riku ever so relentlessly. Once defeated, he proclaims he shall return. Since Billy Zane is listed as doing the voices of Ansem/DiZ, it is obvious he is returning. I think it would be awesome to fight Ansem in the final battle after obtaining the power of Kingdom Hearts.

So, ffxfreak93:
Ansem=Sephiroth

Skyblade
11-09-2005, 10:23 PM
In terms of:

Strength: Sephiroth

Looks: Tie, I say!!

Endurance: Ansem, easy

You beat him once, he creates that huge dome and fights you again. Twice, he brings you into Kingdom Hearts itself. Thrice, he goes into his Guardian and awaits your defeat by his grand army of Heartless as he regains strength. Four times, Ansem opens the Door to Darkness and is overcome by the Light within. A little shaken, yes, but he remains as though he is yet to be harmed as he opens the Dark Door. In KH:CoM, Ansem returns and troubles Riku ever so relentlessly. Once defeated, he proclaims he shall return. Since Billy Zane is listed as doing the voices of Ansem/DiZ, it is obvious he is returning. I think it would be awesome to fight Ansem in the final battle after obtaining the power of Kingdom Hearts.

So, ffxfreak93:
Ansem=Sephiroth

Please, Sephy is so much cooler than Ansem. And your "endurance" assessment is ridiculous. Nothing indicates that Sephy is gone either. Also, you can fight Sephiroth a lot more than you can Ansem, so your assessment is completely invalid. Unless we can see what it takes to bring them down in a single sitting, endurance shouldn't be on there at all. What's more, while you face Ansem many times, you don't face him several times in a row. You face him, then Darkside, then the world of chaos, and then he sits around recuperating for all the rest of his battles. Calling it "endurance" when he gets to take a break is wrong.

Lord Xehanort
11-12-2005, 04:57 PM
Ansem's look is loosely based on Sephy, his white trench roxors, and he fights without a sword. Sephiroth is a better villian, and all of his fanboys and girls would agree.

However, Ansem is NOT original in terms of personality. His dialogue and voice are eerily similar to Ramirez, from Skies of Arcadia.

StarlightAngel
11-12-2005, 05:51 PM
Wow... I didn't notice that.

He is kinda like Remirez! :eek:

Lord Xehanort
11-12-2005, 09:46 PM
"Where there is light, there is darkness."

GunbladeMaster
11-13-2005, 11:54 AM
Where there is darkness, there is the tooth fairy"

vampirepiggyhunter7
11-19-2005, 05:38 AM
When I was KH and FF stupid, I thought Seph. and Ans. were the same dude.

Psydekick
11-19-2005, 10:47 AM
When I was KH and FF stupid, I thought Seph. and Ans. were the same dude.
Same here man how stupid i was.

Mercen-X
11-19-2005, 08:59 PM
The ultimate villain: Ansem Sephiroth . . .

. . . . . . . . . Handsome Sephiroth?

What is Ansem's weapon again? Besides his "guardian" :rolleyes2 ?

Haven't put requisite time into FF6 despite owning it, but from what I've heard, Kefka was quite the psycho. Sephiroth went all mega-maniac when he learned he'd been "created" as opposed to being born and decided merging with the planet was his destiny. Ansem discovered shadow creatures under his castle (which he called "Heartless"). He was researching the heart and the darkness within and his obsession became the desire to "open the door to darkness." I'd call that idiocy as opposed to psychosis.

Overall, I can't really :D anyone of them. I don't know what Kefka was thinking, Sephy had the right idea but the wrong plan, and Ansem is just a complete idiot. "Seeker of darkness." Seeker of fecal matter.

Pouring Rain
11-19-2005, 09:06 PM
Ansem's original. Although he's a suckish excuse for a villain, at least I think. But...he had a good plot. xD Yeah right. But he'll have to do.

Psydekick
11-20-2005, 10:12 AM
All ansem ever says is "Darkness" not a good character in my opinion.

Lord Xehanort
11-20-2005, 04:47 PM
That's because Disney made this game too Black and White. Good and Evil are relative. To the Allies, Hitler was Evil, but to Hitler, he was Good and everything else was Evil. Had they given more thought into villian's plots... then Ansem could've been uber.

Psydekick
11-21-2005, 06:30 PM
Have you heard the stupid sound he makes when you hit him in the final battle.

RaidenWeb17
11-23-2005, 05:25 AM
Ugh, urgh, uughh, uggh

Lord Xehanort
11-23-2005, 10:50 AM
I never said that.

Pheesh
11-23-2005, 11:19 AM
you did...but not while you were fighting me thinks.

Stay Essential
EE

Lost Number
11-23-2005, 08:11 PM
Ansem himself is original. But he is based on "evil" characters from before KH.

Blank
02-21-2006, 11:17 PM
speaking of lookalikes: i think Riku is supposed to look like a child Sephiroth. i'm not saying they are one in the same, just his image.

i had the idea that Ansem's appearence is actualy a future Riku image, asif possessing Riku gave him that look instead of his own. its farfetched, but they both have white hair so anything goes.

Leeza
02-22-2006, 06:59 PM
This thread has gotten a little too old to be revived.