PDA

View Full Version : Cafeteria Food

Rye
11-07-2005, 12:28 AM
Share your stories about school cafeteria food? I'm sure you guys have a ton of those.

In my freshman year of high school, I ordered a pizza slice. I started eating it and I don't know why, but I had the weirdest feeling to look under the pizza. Good thing I did, there was a big patch of CLOTH cooked into the bottom of my pizza. It wasn't stuck, it was COOKED into it. How would that even get in there. It was a bit more than an inch high and wide.

I was completely disgusted (I couldn't eat pizza of any sort for a week, which is huge for me, since I absolutely love pizza) and I started yelling at the lunch ladies about how if I have a big patch of cloth cooked into my pizza, should I be expecting some sewing needles next week? They didn't even give me a new pizza. xD

GooeyToast
11-07-2005, 12:30 AM
One time Jesus' face was burned onto my burrito

Spammerman
11-07-2005, 12:32 AM
I had a wasp in my bbq sauce before.

Rye
http://www.thesyms.net/resources/images/users/johnnybravo/JohnnyBravo/med_jesus_toast.jpg

? xD

linkNUMBERS: Ewwww, gross! ;___;

Tasura
Hmmm... in grade something or other, cant rememrb which we were having a food fight, and i flung a piece of cookie at the guy across from me, i missed him and it wen down the shirt of the girl sitting next him, she was aghast, she said if another piece went down she was going to make me get it, I unfirtunatly missed and ran out of cookies, :(

Leeza
My high schools never had Cafeterias. College did, but I never ate there. Work has an excellent Kitchen and the food is very inexpensive, but I never eat there either. The food cooked there is superb though. :cat:

Yamaneko
11-07-2005, 12:35 AM
I used to lie on my parents income form so I could get free cafeteria food. Sometimes I would sell my tickets for a profit.

Tasura
11-07-2005, 12:36 AM
I sold food too, made a huge profit. 1 piece of gum = 25 cents., and now in uni, 1 pack of instant Ramen = $1

Marshall Banana
11-07-2005, 12:40 AM
One time, my friend opened a bottle of water and it fizzed and smelled odd. But I guess that probably wasn't the cafeteria faculty's fault. XD
I can't think of anything like that happening to me. Although, that food always did make me sick in high school.

But when I think of cafeteria food, the principal and assistant principal at my high school come to mind, covered in ketchup, mustard, and chocolate milk as a result of the food fight the senior class had that year. That was a great day.

GooeyToast
11-07-2005, 12:41 AM
http://www.thesyms.net/resources/images/users/johnnybravo/JohnnyBravo/med_jesus_toast.jpg

? xD

Now you know my secret :shifty:

Destai
11-07-2005, 12:47 AM
On the odd occasion my schools cafeteria decide to try something different from chips and the whole school gets treated to curry chips at the price of a euro extra just for the lumpy sauce.
One time they did chicken drum sticks and they were under cooked. I didnt try them thank god but I saw one kid take a bite into one, he grimaced and pulled away from the drumstick as lquid came pouring out of the leg. I thought I was gonna get sick just watching.

Jowy
11-07-2005, 01:40 AM
I just got pepperoni balls and zebra cakes every day in high school, so it was never much of a problem. In college, I stuck with wrapped sandwiches, and the occasional foray into the weekend waffle bar.

Shlup
11-07-2005, 02:00 AM
When my mom got married we moved and I had to go to a new school in sixth grade. The pizza they served was so greasy it was served in bowls with forks. No joke.

kikimm
11-07-2005, 02:05 AM
The food at my cafeteria is really good, actually, and I've never had a problem with it. Although I think I've been yelled at and stopped in the line at least twice because the lunch ladies thought I stole food or used fake dollar bills. Which I have never done. :(

But the spicy chicken burgers are excellent. Mostly because they're spicy, but still.

fire_of_avalon
11-07-2005, 02:07 AM
So when I was in middle school we were having banana nut cake for desert which is awesome because I love banana nut cake. So I eat my meal and then I take my plastic fork and get myself a bite of banana nut cake.

But it taste weird and had a strange texture. So I poked at it. And eventually I poked so much I started to pull the cake apart and it was FULL OF GREY HAIR AND IT WAS SO AWFUL and I went and screamed at my teachers and the lunchladies but they didn't believe me and I got in trouble for yelling! So I threw my banana cake at the wall and left.

I made that last part up, but that's what I should've done! So nasty ;_;

Shoeberto
11-07-2005, 02:18 AM
I haven't eaten cafeteria food since the sixth grade. They used to burn the pizza to hell.

Meat Puppet
11-07-2005, 02:19 AM
finding bits of human body in my hotdog is such a delightful surprise

Mitch
11-07-2005, 02:26 AM
i ate some food there once

Tasura
11-07-2005, 02:56 AM
my uni cafeterai is quite good, though my hs cafeteria was horrendous, that is why I never ate there.

eestlinc
11-07-2005, 03:34 AM
I survived the college dorm food through liberal use of Texas Pete.

Kirobaito
11-07-2005, 03:47 AM
I haven't eaten in the cafeteria in two years, because upperclassmen can leave campus. When I did, I had Pizza Hut pizza that they ordered.

StarlightAngel
11-07-2005, 04:09 AM
Just this year we had really small portions of food because people keep forgetting to turn in their lunch tickets and the school still feeds them because they're all too nice >.<

Even I was still hungry after eating it all. And I eat like, close to nothing most of the time.

My friend ended up giving all the people at the nerd table money and we all went and bought snack food to eat :p

Tasura
11-07-2005, 04:12 AM
haha, nerd table, in hs we had a nerd room, everyone in there eitehr played M:TG and was a nerd, or faced my wrath and got forcefully ejected.

Sasquatch
11-07-2005, 04:29 AM
At one of my elementary schools, every Friday was Pizza Day. The pizza was so greasy, I had to dip my spoon into it, let it fill up with grease, and dump it into another compartment of my tray. I could do this at least four times, quickly. If I really pressed down hard, in different places, I could do it at least six times.

Rainecloud
11-07-2005, 07:15 AM
My Primary (Elementary) School made delicious Sausages.

I hated their cheesy swirl pastries, though. *shudder*

Neco Arc
11-07-2005, 07:48 AM
cafterias had no problems for me...
though i did find a piece of cloth in one of those huge coke bottles... lost my liking for coke that day...

Old Manus
11-07-2005, 07:52 AM
It was plastic food :(

Loony BoB
11-07-2005, 11:30 AM
Oh ho ho, I used to buy out the canteen on a regular occasion. Every lunch, I'd have a pie, a bottle of drink, one of the infamous double chocolate cream donuts (oh god, they were massive, they were freaking FULL of cream, and I could eat them by the bucketload... of course, it wouldn't take many of them to fill a bucket). Sometimes a second pie or a second double chocolate donut or a cookie or something. But oh boy them double chocolate donuts. I want to go back to school just so I can have another one of those. Sweet, sweet double chocolate donuts. *drools*

Neco Arc
11-07-2005, 11:46 AM
Oh ho ho, I used to buy out the canteen on a regular occasion. Every lunch, I'd have a pie, a bottle of drink, one of the infamous double chocolate cream donuts (oh god, they were massive, they were freaking FULL of cream, and I could eat them by the bucketload... of course, it wouldn't take many of them to fill a bucket). Sometimes a second pie or a second double chocolate donut or a cookie or something. But oh boy them double chocolate donuts. I want to go back to school just so I can have another one of those. Sweet, sweet double chocolate donuts. *drools*

One word: Bakery...

Loony BoB
11-07-2005, 11:50 AM
No bakery I have ever seen (and I've seen a lot, having lived in NZ where they're as common as corner shops) has ever had double chocolate donuts of this size and richness and over-filled-ness.

Devourment
11-07-2005, 11:52 AM
Oh dear. Canteen food at my College is horrible & either undercooked or overcooked. Never right, always wrong. I end up having to take my own food from home for lunch.

Zeldy
11-07-2005, 12:16 PM
I havnt eaten in our lunch rooms at school for years.

Neco Arc
11-07-2005, 12:42 PM
i really like Kentucky fried chocobo. For desert moogle pie, washed down with tonberry juice... Tonberry candy is also pretty nice as well...

but seriously the cafeterias at my old school was pretty good... everytime i got there (about 10 minutes in) most of the food already sold - 'cept for the fries...

Sare
11-07-2005, 12:51 PM
Kah, we have the most marvellous food in school and the best part is that it's free. They serve the same food we would get at home. There's certain dishes they serve from time to time. I have no complaining about the food, it's great.
(There could be pizza or something sometimes though...)
Once there was a wasp in my food, but I got over it.

DK
11-07-2005, 01:36 PM
The food at my college was ace as hell. Well, I say that, but I only ever had two things, one was the sandwichs they had which were mink, some nice chicken and salad ones, and the other was the Chicken burger meal, which cost like 2 squid and you got this burger with chicken burger, grated cheese and onion rings/bacon and a plate of chips and spicy potato wedges and a tub of chilli dip, it was perfick.

The worst thing I ever ate in school was when the dinner lady at my Infant school put liver on my plate, that was sick.

ThroneofDravaris
11-07-2005, 02:13 PM
I was quite fond of the pies that they served at my canteen…but I’m never going back now…