PDA

View Full Version : Watching certain scenes in movies over and over again.

Jowy
11-07-2005, 08:30 AM
The topic's inspired by the fact that I made the mistake of getting my mom "Dirty Dancing" on DVD and she's rewound the ending scene and watched it about six times in a row on full volume at 3:30 AM. Does anyone else ever do it? Every time I watch Donnie Darko, I find it necessary to watch the Head Over Heels scene twice. Or am I just really weird?

Neco Arc
11-07-2005, 08:55 AM
kept on watching jackie chan smelling his armpits in Rumble In The Bronx... That was funny... Reno hitting Rude, other comedic parts

-N-
11-07-2005, 09:16 AM
nope, you're weird

Shadowflare
11-07-2005, 11:58 AM
I had to watch the Burly Brawl in the Matrix Reloaded about a dozen times. You're not weird.

Samuraid
11-07-2005, 12:16 PM
The introduction to the Fellowship of the Ring. In 6.1 DTS surround sound. At full volume.

ThroneofDravaris
11-07-2005, 02:07 PM
The scene in the End of Evangelion when Shinji is watching Misato and Kaji get it on.

I rewind it because it doesn’t last long enough for me to…fully appreciate its artistic brilliance.

*ahem*

Necron
11-07-2005, 06:15 PM
The scene in Star wars Episode 3 where Anakin kills Mace Windu. I think that part is cool. (and yet i only got the DVD yesterday)

Madame Adequate
11-07-2005, 06:22 PM
The corridor fight scene in Oldboy. One of the best scenes on celluloid.

Miriel
11-07-2005, 06:49 PM
The "I like you, just as you are" scene in Bridget Jones' Diary. My girlfriends and I watch that scene over and over just aww-ing the whole time.

Also, the ear piercing scene in Girl with a Pearl Earring. Quite possibly one of the most sensual scenes I've ever seen in a movie...and everyone was fully clothed too! I rewatched that scene more than a dozen times.

Oh and the train station sequence in The Hours. I've watched that one scene a million times. The acting displayed in that scene by Nicole Kidman is incredible. Beyond incredible, I can't even breathe while watching that scene. That one scene won her the Oscar.

Rydia of Mist
11-08-2005, 01:54 PM
I remember rewinding and rewatching the scene in Labyrinth where they're walking on the rocks in the swamp... Over and over and over as a little kid, and giggling my juvenile head off.

Little Miss Awesome
11-08-2005, 05:03 PM
The entire of Trainspotting. I love it :love:
That and the end scene of The Spongebob Movie when he sings the Goofy Goober Song. I hate admitting it though :cry:

Strider
11-08-2005, 05:05 PM
The introduction to the Fellowship of the Ring. In 6.1 DTS surround sound. At full volume.Score.

I did that kind of thing with Contact, in the scene where Ellie finally goes through the machine.

Anaisa
11-08-2005, 07:46 PM
I watch scenes over again all the time. Also I like to watch scenes in slow motion thats always funny. And if you pause on particular things like peoples facial expressions thats always good for a laugh. One of the best things about dvds is that you can watch things in slow mo and pause and the picture stays clear. Fight scenes are good in slow mo.:kaofight: Me and my brother have had lots of fun watching Bruce Lee dvds replaying scenes and watching the fights in slow mo. The facial expressions on someone Bruce has just kicked in the chops on slow mo is just so hilarious:lol: :lol:

tifa:one winged angel
11-09-2005, 09:14 PM
i watch Donnie Darko quite a few times over and over again but not the odd scenes but them all its quite a weird movie but i love it!

GooeyToast
11-09-2005, 11:04 PM
i watch Donnie Darko quite a few times over and over again but not the odd scenes but them all its quite a weird movie but i love it!

I watch the theater scene quite often.

That and the Stargate sequence in 2001.

fantasyjunkie
11-10-2005, 06:33 AM
I had to watch the Burly Brawl in the Matrix Reloaded about a dozen times. You're not weird.
I did too lol

Rusty
11-10-2005, 09:01 AM
I watched the fight between Neo and all the Agent Smith's in the Matrix Revolutions over and over again. It was just so awesome.

Pheesh
11-10-2005, 10:47 AM
all of Denzel Wahingtons speeches in Remember the Titans, especially before i leave for basketball.

Stay Essential
EE

Mittopotahis
11-10-2005, 12:36 PM
The fight scene between Tifa and Loz in Advent Children.
Oh, and in Lord of the Rings: Return of the King, the scene where Mordor takes over Osgiliath. (if anyone actually knows what scene I am talking about)

Chris
11-10-2005, 12:57 PM
I always watch the scene with Grace Jones doin' the exotic dance in "Vamp" twice.

Big D
11-11-2005, 06:55 AM
Oh, and in Lord of the Rings: Return of the King, the scene where Mordor takes over Osgiliath. (if anyone actually knows what scene I am talking about)My personal favourite is the Battle of Pelennor Fields, when the Rohirrim make their charge. In fact, I frequently re-watch the extended movie, but skipping to the scenes that follow the 'human' story - the events in Gondor and Rohan, which resonate with me the most.

Rainecloud
11-11-2005, 07:12 AM

You stole my answer.

The Lightsaber fight at the end of Star Wars: Episode I always gives me goose-bumps, so I usually end up watching that a couple of times each time I see the movie.

In fact, I frequently re-watch the extended movie, but skipping to the scenes that follow the 'human' story - the events in Gondor and Rohan, which resonate with me the most.

I'm quite the opposite. When I'm watching the extended editions, I find myself skipping to Frodo, Sam and Gollum's story. The human story doesn't really strike any chords with me, and I usually find myself bored with it.

Dreddz
11-11-2005, 06:42 PM
the ending of 8 mile, When Bruce says Yippy-ki-yay mother fucker in die hard, had to rewind that quite a few :p

kikimm
11-11-2005, 09:17 PM
The dance sequence in A Knight's Tale I watch multiple times. I love that scene, and Golden Years by Bowie.

There's quite a few scenes in Constantine that I watch over and over as well. Same thing with Millennium Actress; some of the movie scenes that we get to see are amazing.