PDA

View Full Version : Filtered sites

Hawkeye
11-07-2005, 08:06 PM
Is there a way where I can view filtered sites on the school computer, without admin access? I get these sites tell me that I cant view because "Adult Material," or "Tasteless" is filtered.

http://img332.imageshack.us/img332/3745/untitled4pb.jpg

Is there a suitable way around these?

Also, I already know about babelfish.altavista.com but theres problems with that when trying to view some of maddox's pages, or example, so Im going to try not to use that. Tinyurl doesnt work either :mog:

Yamaneko
11-07-2005, 11:20 PM
You could go through a proxy server, but I'm pretty sure that's against the rules of most networks. The blocked sites are blocked at the local server level.

Cloud No.9
11-07-2005, 11:54 PM
babelfish is the best way

crono_logical
11-08-2005, 12:10 AM
It might depend on how the filtering software itself works. It might use a combination of methods, including downloading the page and scanning it before sending it to you, so normal proxies wouldn't work either - the content that triggers the filter is still there. You might need something more complex, like an encrypted proxy for example :p I have no idea how this WebSense thing works though :p

ZeZipster
11-08-2005, 12:33 AM
It might depend on how the filtering software itself works. It might use a combination of methods, including downloading the page and scanning it before sending it to you, so normal proxies wouldn't work either - the content that triggers the filter is still there. You might need something more complex, like an encrypted proxy for example :p I have no idea how this WebSense thing works though :p

Websense is a proxy itself. Unsetting it to set another proxy would leave you without a connection.

I'd use PC Anywhere or VNC, if you've got another computer somewhere.