PDA

View Full Version : Genius Plan.....

Dreddz
11-07-2005, 10:21 PM
Ok, Ive never come up with anything this good, but anywayz, when im older, and nearing retirement, Instead of still being in England, Ill move to the states. There currency is lower in the states, and if i converted all my money from pounds to dollars, Ill be richer in US, and I believe the wages are lower in US. That mean Ill be better off on the whole.
Ok, can someone say if my plan is good, and also post ideas of yourself ......

Rye
11-07-2005, 10:28 PM
Yeah, but in the USA, when you're old, there won't be any social security money due to the baby boomer generation. Just you know. :p

Zeldy
11-07-2005, 10:30 PM
Whats wrong with England? >;O
When your old you wont need loads of money.

Craig
11-07-2005, 10:32 PM
There are only so many Worther's Originals you can buy, y'know?

Dreddz
11-07-2005, 10:33 PM
When your old you wont need loads of money.
You cant be any more wrong, when your old, desicions dont really affect you as much, so I can blow all the money as i want, the hell im giving it to my children......

Zeldy
11-07-2005, 10:33 PM
You cant be any more wrong, when your old, desicions dont really affect you as much, so I can blow all the money as i want, the hell im giving it to my children......
You have a teenage mind.

Dreddz
11-07-2005, 10:35 PM
You have a teenage mind.
So do you as I recall...

Old Manus
11-07-2005, 10:38 PM
Why wait till you're old

Celtic Commando
11-07-2005, 11:10 PM
Hey, you should go to Canada instead. It has a lower crime rate. It's so low, most people leave their front door(and back) unlocked. And the currency is worth less than the U.S.

Jess
11-07-2005, 11:12 PM
You'd probably end up spending more money over in the USA. Using this as an example, as you get older you get more health implications - over here in the UK we don't have to pay for our medical health bills etc. but over in the USA you do.

Thats just one point I suppose, and I'm tired and can't be bothered to think of anymore.

Psychotic
11-07-2005, 11:18 PM
Move to some small pacific island where everyone lives in huts, as then you'll be the equivalent of a billionaire and it'll have good weather and also possibly coconuts. Also it may have coconuts. I know I have already said that, but I felt that it was such an important factor that it needed to be mentioned twice.

Destai
11-07-2005, 11:48 PM
Just mentioning, I love it when someone claims to have a genius plan and spells genius wrong.

Sasquatch
11-08-2005, 12:25 AM
Just mentioning, I love it when someone claims to have a genius plan and spells genius wrong.

Ditto.

Primus Inter Pares
11-08-2005, 01:06 AM
He is practising to go to the US after all...

Skarr
11-08-2005, 01:14 AM
WOW. That was almost funny. :P

Azure Chrysanthemum
11-08-2005, 01:19 AM
Technically your money would be worth about 50% more than it is over there, which can be a rather substantial number. I recall that prices in pounds over in England were about the same as prices in dollars are for the same basic good or service as well, so it may indeed work, depending on how the exchange rate is at the time.

Vyk
11-08-2005, 01:21 AM
There's this concept known as the exchange rate. Your pounds will turn into more dollars. But it's a ratio. Those dollars will buy you as much in the US as the pounds would have in the UK. For the most part anyway. Keep track of another concept known as "the cost of living". That'll factor in too.

fire_of_avalon
11-08-2005, 01:29 AM
There are only so many Worther's Originals you can buy, y'know?
There are never enough.

Doomie
11-08-2005, 01:34 AM
Move to Canada.

The Jamie Star Scenario
11-08-2005, 01:36 AM
Dude, by the time you're old Great Britain will have been sucked into that lame currency that they call the Euro, which sucks compared to Pound Sterling, damn Yurop!

Anyway, why the hell would you want to live in America? If you want loads of money move to somewhere in Africa, Eastern Europe or Asia. If you had £2 people would think you are a millionaire.

rubah
11-08-2005, 02:19 AM
Move to mexico instead. Then you'll be a PESOAIRE.

People used to talk about moving to Mexico all the time years ago, but that's died off. I wonder why.

Vyk
11-08-2005, 03:41 AM
They realized being rich in mexico doesn't really matter 'cause it still sucks

Yooniece
11-08-2005, 04:16 AM
Living in the United States isn't as easy as some might think.

If you're going to move to an urban area like San Francisco or New York, you could be making 100,000 a year and still barely scraping by. Same goes with many of the good suburbs.. they're just as expensive or MORE expensive. Then again, if you want to live someplace cheap and work there as well, you won't be making much and you'll be living in a /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif ghetto full of illegal aliens and nothing good to do for miles around. Even some of the urban "ghettos" are expensive to live in simply by location...

Er, my point is... all the "good" places in the U.S. are likely a lot more expensive to live in than you would think. If your plan is to move here to save money... try L.A. for a year and you'll be back in the UK by day 366.

Destai
11-08-2005, 08:42 AM
He is practising to go to the US after all...xD

ThroneofDravaris
11-08-2005, 09:16 AM
Come to Australia. Our dollar isn’t worth anything, and we’re all racist idiots that can be taken advantage of easily. It's win-win.

Neco Arc
11-08-2005, 09:20 AM
yes australians have lamingtons....

Meat Puppet
11-08-2005, 11:26 AM
go to the moon, man, that place is made of cheese

Primus Inter Pares
11-08-2005, 11:29 AM
...wasn't that just an analogy for stoners?

Psychotic
11-08-2005, 01:11 PM
Don't tell Meat Puppet that, PiP! You'll bring his entire world (or his entire moon, HOHOHO LOL) crashing down around him.

CaZ!
11-08-2005, 01:34 PM
dubai is supposed to be a nic place to live :hat:

Loony BoB
11-08-2005, 03:47 PM
Move to some small pacific island where everyone lives in huts, as then you'll be the equivalent of a billionaire and <b>it'll have good weather</b>
Yes, the weather in the Pacific Islands is occasionally on par with the recent weather in Florida, so I'm sure he'll be fine there! The money bit is true, though.

Those dollars will buy you as much in the US as the pounds would have in the UK.
Incorrect. Most things cost different amounts inbetween countries with significantly different currency values.

People seem to be forgetting something fairly important when moving countries. Are you eligible for a visa? 'cause there's no point in saying you'll move into a country if they won't take you in. Unless you marry an American citizen or pay up US$1,000,000, you'll find that it's not very simple to walk into the place.

EDIT: If you really want to rake in the cash, Dubai is indeed the place to go. Working for oil companies in the middle east brings in the real cash.

Dreddz
11-08-2005, 09:58 PM
ahem * changed *
Anywayz, Im gonna do this, Im looking for countrys with lower currency rates, but most are foreign ....

Drift
11-08-2005, 10:09 PM
Move to some small pacific island where everyone lives in huts, as then you'll be the equivalent of a billionaire and it'll have good weather and also possibly coconuts. Also it may have coconuts. I know I have already said that, but I felt that it was such an important factor that it needed to be mentioned twice.