PDA

View Full Version : lsass.exe

HybridFan
11-07-2005, 10:36 PM
What is tyhis file exactly, I have had messages saying that it terminated and the system will shut down, it gives me a minute to read the message but does not shut the system down and I can continue working, however it seems very buggy. Is it spyware or adware, should I delete it or leave it alone, I have a firewall installed and pc-cillin antivirus installed but should I go for something like adaware or spybot? Please help as I have just got broadband.

crono_logical
11-07-2005, 11:04 PM
It's part of Windows, and if it's crashing the way you're saying, it means you need to install a service pack/upgrade Windows to remove a bug in it, which if left, will allow your PC to get infected with viruses within minutes of plugging it into the Internet without a firewall. I might be overestimating the time when I say minutes too, it's most likely faster.

Since you said you've got a firewall and it's still doing that, I'd conclude your PC is already infected beyond repair, and needs Windows reinstalled cleanly. This time though, install the firewall and activate it before connecting to the Internet again. :p

HybridFan
11-08-2005, 10:06 AM
Thanks, I reformatted my hard drive as I couldn't figure out the problem, everything is working smoothly now.