PDA

View Full Version : FFVII challenges

Erdrick Holmes
11-08-2005, 12:39 AM
Are there any fanmade challenges to beating this game?

So far the only ones I know of is beating the game without the game timer exceeding 24 hours, running from every random encounter, mastering every piece of materia you find, and playing the game for more than 100 hours to see if the game's timer rolls over.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
11-08-2005, 05:23 PM
I've heard of completing the game without using materia, personally i don't think it can be done. mind you . . .

Neo_SiLenT
11-10-2005, 01:37 AM
There's that Emerald Weopon Challenge u can download the Save on the challegers website. I belive u can google it.

raskerino
11-10-2005, 02:20 AM
I've heard of completing the game without using materia, personally i don't think it can be done. mind you . . .

It can be done without ever changing your weapon from initial equipment and using a single character (yes you do have to get omnislash earlier and Reno and Carry Armor are ver difficult).

Edit: The generic challenges are speed rushes and no materia, initial equipment, or solo character.

Dinnova
11-10-2005, 04:05 AM
Edit: The generic challenges are speed rushes and no materia, initial equipment, or solo character.
How do u solo character?

Masamune·1600
11-10-2005, 04:05 AM
Are there any fanmade challenges to beating this game?

So far the only ones I know of is beating the game without the game timer exceeding 24 hours, running from every random encounter, mastering every piece of materia you find, and playing the game for more than 100 hours to see if the game's timer rolls over.

The game's timer does not roll over; it remains at 99:59:59.

Various challenges of notable difficulty have been devised; as far as speed runs go, the fastest completion time I've heard about is just over nine hours. A true low level game can be played, and a No Materia game isn't even all that difficult. A SCIENM challenge (solo character, initial equipment, no materia), on the other hand, is very challenging, but fully possible. I believe Ultima Shadow of these forums has completed a SCIENM game.

Beyond speed runs, low level games of varying strictness, and challenges using any or all of the SCIENM components, one can easily create a challenge by simply adding one's own stipulations. For example, one could play a solo character game and not use items to create a SCNI challenge.

How do u solo character?

Basically, as soon as more than one character is present in battle, you have to reduce your own character(s) to 0 HP. From there, you can fight using only the living character, leaving the other two dead.

Dinnova
11-10-2005, 04:13 AM
o ic about solo character
Is it 9 hours not including dialog or cut scense?

Ultima Shadow
11-10-2005, 09:04 AM
I believe Ultima Shadow of these forums has completed a SCIENM game.Yup, that was infact my very first challange ever! :)

Also, Darth Holmes, don't forget to mention which challange you choose and possibly even keep us updated on your progress. That would be awesome. :cool:

Croyles
11-10-2005, 03:48 PM
The game's timer does not roll over; it remains at 99:59:59.

It does in the European (or was it International) version.

yuffielover
12-08-2005, 04:53 AM
Try to beat FF7 in under 9 hours! I beat it in exactly 8 hours 30 minutes one time.

Randgris
01-02-2006, 02:20 AM
Well I think the hardest Fanmade Challenge would be the Low Level, No Materia Challenge. Low level means not exceeding level 28.

I think it is very challenging though. Maybe I'll try it too.

WildRaubtier
01-02-2006, 05:24 AM
It does in the European (or was it International) version.
Considering I have that version and have played it enough to know that it doesn't, I'll have to disagree.

Here's a somewhat simple one for everyone to try: Beat The Midgar Zolom on the lowest level you can be at that point of the game.

There's an easy way to kill it at low levels, so if you want a real challenge, don't cast bio.