PDA

View Full Version : Leon voiced by Angel

agrudis
11-08-2005, 08:26 PM
In Kingdom Hearts II Leon is going to be voiced by the same guy who played Angel in the TV 'Buffy The Vampire Slayer' and 'Angel'. For anyone who's into Buffy/Angel

SeeDRankLou
11-08-2005, 08:32 PM
He was also voiced by David Boreanaz in Kingdom Hearts.

Holy_Aeris
11-08-2005, 08:34 PM
David!!! My gosh they could found anyone better suited to be Leon's/Squal's VA!!!

His voice fits the character soo well!

Destai
11-08-2005, 08:48 PM
Yeah David Boreanaz did Leon for Kingdom Hearts I also.

angelstarfire
11-22-2005, 03:45 AM
I'm glad they aren't swapping people's voices... I hate it when they do that in the Disney sequels!!! >:o I just hope they keep the person they did for Cloud, and the person who did Yuna in both FFX and FFX-2 is supposed to do her in KH2. ^^

TurkSlayer
11-22-2005, 04:12 AM
Oh wow, thats cool. I love both of those shows. I can't believe I didn't realize that was him before...

Winter Nights
11-22-2005, 04:44 AM
I liked "Angel" well enough and I'm a big "Buffy" fan.. But, David Boreanaz sounded a little bored in "Kingdom Hearts". He proved in both shows that he could play moody and angsty really well.. His vocals in the game just lacked feeling all together.

TurkSlayer
11-22-2005, 04:54 AM
I liked "Angel" well enough and I'm a big "Buffy" fan.. But, David Boreanaz sounded a little bored in "Kingdom Hearts". He proved in both shows that he could play moody and angsty really well.. His vocals in the game just lacked feeling all together.

Well, I don't think he found the role particuarly thrilling. Not only was he not actually acting, he was doing a part in a kids game (Though still enjoyable for older gamers) with only a fairly important part. It probably just didn't seem important enough to put in too much effort.

Miriel
11-22-2005, 04:59 AM
Well, I don't think he found the role particuarly thrilling. Not only was he not actually acting, he was doing a part in a kids game (Though still enjoyable for older gamers) with only a fairly important part. It probably just didn't seem important enough to put in too much effort.

Well that's just silly. Voice acting is still acting, and it's not like the job was forced on him or anything so there's no excuse for him phoning in his performance. I loved Buffy and thought Angel was decent but I don't think Boreanaz is much of an actor.

TurkSlayer
11-22-2005, 05:11 AM
Well that's just silly. Voice acting is still acting, and it's not like the job was forced on him or anything so there's no excuse for him phoning in his performance.

True, but as I said, it wasn't a part that he really needed to put much effort into. In Buffy and Angel, he had to preform at his best since he was one of the main character in every episode. However, in KH, he only appeared a few times, and didn't really need to give a spectacular preformance.

You have a point though, he isn't that great.

Winter Nights
11-22-2005, 05:31 AM
Actually, especially in Season 2 of Buffy, I thought he was great. He kinda lost that spark quickly, though.

TurkSlayer
11-22-2005, 05:39 AM
Actually, especially in Season 2 of Buffy, I thought he was great. He kinda lost that spark quickly, though.
He's good at playing the evil, twisted Angelus, but not quite as good at being the mysterious, brooding Angel. So its understandable that you liked him better in Season 2.

Winter Nights
11-22-2005, 08:49 AM
He's good at playing the evil, twisted Angelus, but not quite as good at being the mysterious, brooding Angel. So its understandable that you liked him better in Season 2.
Very true. He's known to be the brooding character. But while he isn't bad at it, he was on his game playing joyfully evil..

angelstarfire
11-22-2005, 07:59 PM
he's ALWAYS on his game playing a joyfully evil character... ever seen The Crow #3?? Jeeze.. it was crrreeeepppyyyy how good a job he did. O_o;;