PDA

View Full Version : elixers

Lynx
11-08-2005, 10:16 PM
in every final fantasy ive never used an elixer. i mean besides on the magic pots in ff7. not even when fightins ruby or emerald weapon or ozma or omega weapon or any of creations in the calm lands includeing nemsis. i always saw them as a cheat item i guess. does anyone else not use them?

ljkkjlcm9
11-08-2005, 11:11 PM
the only time I see them as a cheat would be in FFVII because with the W-item trick they're unlimited for free. In other games they're usually rare items, or at least really expensive if they're in stores. AND I don't know any game in which you can buy a Megaelixir so no, it's only cheating in FFVII, which happens to be the one you used it in... probably with the W-item trick too

THE JACKEL

Captain Maxx Power
11-09-2005, 12:41 AM
If you've got it, use it, that's what I always say. If you think Elixir's are evil, I'd love to know your stance on Megalixirs.

Azure Chrysanthemum
11-09-2005, 12:57 AM
They're definitely nice in a pinch, and the game gives them to you so there's no reason to not make use of them. Of course, I rarely use them myself. Generally because I never need them.

DJZen
11-09-2005, 02:15 AM
If you think Elixirs are cheap you obviously haven't played nearly enough FFII.

Lynx
11-09-2005, 02:19 AM
ive never played FFII but i doubt id use them in that either and i said i didnt use them in FFVII. ive never once used one in any game. its just to make things a little harder and no i dont use mega elixers either.

Slothy
11-09-2005, 02:52 AM
I've got nothing against using them. It's not a cheat if it's an easily obtainable item purposely put in the game. That said, I usually save them unless I'm in a really tight spot. Which means I've maybe used five in all the years I've been playing FF.

Fire_Emblem776
11-09-2005, 03:34 AM
If you think Elixirs are cheap you obviously haven't played nearly enough FFII.

HERE HERE!
you need them to stay alive in this game....
and they are so **** expensive to!

DJZen
11-09-2005, 04:04 AM
At the end of the game, MP becomes REALLY important to maintain. Mostly because CURE is the only thing keeping your HP up. However, restoring MP is tricky because Ethers really don't restore all that much, and besides Elixirs, that's all you've got. Elixirs are important because you have so little inventory space that Ethers just aren't an option. You'd waste all your space just giving yourself enough to restore one person's MP once. Not to mention that you need to carry other things like Pheonix Downs.

ljkkjlcm9
11-09-2005, 04:31 AM
ive never played FFII but i doubt id use them in that either and i said i didnt use them in FFVII. ive never once used one in any game. its just to make things a little harder and no i dont use mega elixers either.

in every final fantasy ive never used an elixer. i mean besides on the magic pots in ff7.
so you did use them in FFVII, don't change your story when both are on the same page, so what if you didn't use them on yourself, I guarantee the elixirs you use were from the W-Item trick, which is cheating, as opposed to the actual elixir which isn't

and oh yeah, it's spelt elixir

THE JACKEL

Slade
11-09-2005, 06:30 AM
I dont use them often either. At the end of a game i look in my items menu and its got like, 10-20 elixers sitting there. The only game i use them a little more is FF5. I think the reason I end up with so many is that I think to myself: "Ill save these till the final bosses". Whats funny is even when I get to the final bosses I seldom use them. I ususally forget theyre there. Might as well use them when i first get them.

Neco Arc
11-09-2005, 08:11 AM
i use them on magic pots in ff5

GunbladeMaster
11-09-2005, 04:40 PM
i gave them to PuPu ^_^

KoShiatar
11-09-2005, 09:10 PM
You gotta have at least a couple of Elixirs to finish FF III, unless your party is on stratospheric levels, because the last healing point in the immense final dungeon is in the Land of Eureka and you still have a long way to go before you fight the Dark Cloud. Not to mention the fact that the last 4 bosses (I never understood if they were mandatory or not) are tough.

Captain Maxx Power
11-09-2005, 10:36 PM
You gotta have at least a couple of Elixirs to finish FF III, unless your party is on stratospheric levels, because the last healing point in the immense final dungeon is in the Land of Eureka and you still have a long way to go before you fight the Dark Cloud. Not to mention the fact that the last 4 bosses (I never understood if they were mandatory or not) are tough.

I believe Dark Cloud is invincible if you don't kill them all.

rubah
11-10-2005, 12:55 AM
I think I've only used them in ff5, if ever. Maybe one in ff2j. (aside from using them as cheap healing in ff7 because I couldn't be bothered;))

Four of my already pitifully few item spots were elixirs, before I realized the beauty of aspil (although when your mp gets absorbed they're usefu)

DarkLadyNyara
11-10-2005, 07:32 PM
HERE HERE!
you need them to stay alive in this game....
and they are so **** expensive to!

Ugh, tell me about it. :grumble:

Lynx
11-14-2005, 04:30 AM
i beat FFIII i still never used them. and no im not mistakeing FFIII for the nes FFIII. i had the emulator beat everyone and dark cloud. i dont remeber how i did it cause i remember it being sooo hard but somehow managed to beat it without useing an elixir.

oh and ljkkjlcm9 sorry i spelled elixir wrong were not all as great a speller as you. also your right i did mess up i have used elixirs in ff7 on the magic pots. wow congratulations you caught my mess up. oh and by the way when i said "besides on magic pots" that was me correcting my own mistake so actually congratulations you proved nothing. also no i didnt use the w-item trick. ive never used any sort of cheat in any final fantasy. the games are easy enough as it is. also all i said was i thought of them as a cheat item not that useng them im gonna call you a cheater. i just like to make things as challangeing as possible. and just for you im saying this now ive never used an elixer on myself in a game only on magic pots in ff7

DJZen
11-14-2005, 04:44 AM
If you can beat FFII without them, I'd love to hear what your strategy is, because it would make a wonderful addition to the knowledge base on my site.