PDA

View Full Version : FFX Ending Terrible for some?

tidus_rox
11-09-2005, 12:54 AM
Ok here's mi question. My freinds are all saying that the ending of FFX (Mi fav) was terrible but not in a bad way. (makes no sense i no!) They state that the fact that tidus dies and is never gunna come back (i dont no if thats true cuz im on cptr 3 in X-2) is awful. One of mi buddys whiped the controller across the room and had a breake from FF for the whole summer! I personally think that it was amazing... some of ur thoughts? (oh and plz dont tell me the ending of X-2 i wanna see it for mi self)
Thankz A Bunch,
Cody Virag!

raskerino
11-09-2005, 01:02 AM
Next time put this in the FFX forum.

And I enjoyed the ending, if you liked the storyline, then I think you'd probably like the ending as it all led up to that, it was a logical nicely done finish.

Behold the Void
11-09-2005, 01:22 AM
Posts about FFX go in the FFX forum.

syun_ukiya
11-09-2005, 11:10 AM
yep. unless you want to get bashed or insulted most of the time then post it in the ffx-2 forum.

i think it was a nice ending. no more cliches!

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
11-09-2005, 12:36 PM
Umm.... sad but not terrible in a bad way.... i think....

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
11-09-2005, 01:12 PM
i personally thought the ending was awesome. the sort of "ultimate sacrifice" thing going on that really made it stand out. reminds me of the ff7 aeris death.

TurkSlayer
11-09-2005, 01:23 PM
Personally, I thought the best thing about FFX's ending was Tidus's death. It's not just because I don't like Tidus, but it makes the ending a bit more tragic. It would feel empty if it had ended with everyone just living happily ever after. Thats my feelings, anyway.

* White Aeris *
11-09-2005, 04:51 PM
i loved the ending and hated how they brought Tidas back in FF X-2. It was just soo beautiful.... i nearly cried! actually so did my mum! it was the one FF she really liked. she just loved Tidas and Yuna. >.<

TenacousD
11-09-2005, 07:04 PM
Personally, I thought the best thing about FFX's ending was Tidus's death. It's not just because I don't like Tidus, but it makes the ending a bit more tragic. It would feel empty if it had ended with everyone just living happily ever after. Thats my feelings, anyway.
I'd have to agree with him. I don't think that the point of FF endings is for people to "live happily ever after", I think they want to leave you wondering why they did it, or something to that point.

Jess
11-09-2005, 07:17 PM
The ending made me cry. :( But I still wouldn't change it. I just wish they did a better job with FFX-2. It wasn't even worth it.

syun_ukiya
11-10-2005, 05:50 AM
the ending of ffx-2 is like a music awards! gippals voice is kinda boy-bandish. xDD pfft.

boys from the dwarf
11-10-2005, 06:22 AM
FFX ending is not my favourite but it isnt bad at all and i dont see what people could have against and BTW.
My freinds are all saying that the ending of FFX (Mi fav) was terrible but not in a bad way. (makes no sense i no!)
i understood first bit but the bit in brackets makes no sense:tongue:!

EPIC - MASTER OF COMBAT
11-11-2005, 01:05 AM
sad.. bye bye tidus dispear away... forever.. forever... forever...........

butthey do say in FFX-2 if you get 100% your get to see you know who...

Mestre ninja X
11-11-2005, 01:22 AM
the FFX ending is really good, seeing all those things happening, i love the end of FFX, tragic but cool, SPOILER->Auron and Tidus was been died since the begining of the game, they complete their mission and back to the farplane <-SPOILER

2 great Fighters who back to life only to defeat sin and complete their missions.

BUSHIDO FOREVER

kikimm
11-11-2005, 03:10 AM
I thought it was a great ending. So perfect. Which is why I hate the fact that X-2 even exists. X's ending was cool exactly the way it was. The part where Yuna is giving her speech, and then bits of past FMVs pop up is awesome.

RaidenWeb17
11-11-2005, 10:17 PM
The only thing i liked about FFX-2 was when all the chicks were in their skimpies taking a bath in the hot springs in Gagazet. That was cool. And Vegnugun. I thought he was cool just not as cool as Sin. OMG!!! i just thought of something SIN VS VEGNUGUN!!!! who would win????? I have no clue....

GunbladeMaster
11-11-2005, 10:25 PM
Sin
its huge

RaidenWeb17
11-11-2005, 10:35 PM
so is vegnugun

Anaisa
11-17-2005, 01:26 PM
I did not like the ending. I thought it was too short and uninteresting.

karatehero
11-17-2005, 04:22 PM
It was definately a good, depressing ending. However, it was extremely obvious. If you couldnt' see it coming, you should have acutally paid attention to the game.

S.E. should have put a little bit more into it. For me it almost seemed anti-climatic.

look_out_below
11-18-2005, 04:52 AM
I thought the first FFX ending was good it ended, or at least shouldve, the story on a note that the world was a better place but that sacrfices had to be made (for those who dont know there is another ending in FFX after the credits) it shows Tidus alive and well swimming in the ocean. ALso to get the ending in FFX-2 where Tidus comes back you only need 85%, 100% unlocks yet another ending that attempts to explain how Tidus can be back

Rhi
11-18-2005, 07:53 PM
the ffx ending makes me cry everytime i see it

vampirepiggyhunter7
11-18-2005, 10:27 PM
the ending of x-2

vinnie's mini's
11-24-2005, 08:19 PM
I know this will make me look really sad but i actually cried on the ending. It's the music it's so sad!

princess_yunie_10
11-26-2005, 10:48 PM
the ffx ending makes me cry everytime i see it
Me too!Its so sad!!

Little Blue
11-27-2005, 12:23 AM
it brings a tear to my eye too, its one of my favourite FF endings, that and IX, yet they both contrast each other as one is a happy ending for the characters, and the other X is a happy ending for spira on the whole, ive only got the good end of X-2, and that choked me a bit, but i really didnt think X-2 was neccessary after X. Also, the ending theme for X is the best ending theme for any FF imo

Captain Maxx Power
11-27-2005, 04:08 PM
The ending is ultimate irony. Tidus starts the game helping Yuna without knowledge of what happens to summoners. He then spends all of his time trying to find a way for her to survive, primarily because he wants them to be together after Sin is defeated. However he learns that if Sin is destroyed forever, he will be the one to die instead. It's a complete role-reversal. In the same way Yuna accepted her own death to save others, so too does Tidus accept his own death to save the woman he loves. It's so delightfully tragic and beautiful that I must confess that even I, a well known hard-case/nut to crack cried openly during the ending.