PDA

View Full Version : Robotech Protoculture

XxSephirothxX
11-09-2005, 03:32 AM
It's hard, or nearly impossible, for anyone who's into anime to have never heard of Robotech. Created from three seperate Japanese shows and melded together into one somewhat ungainly outer-space soap opera, Robotech is still famous--and deservedly so--for being popular in the 80s and a damn good show to boot. Now a new box set has been released--the Protoculture Collection, packing all three series (The Macross Saga, The Masters, and The New Generation) into one unit with a whopping 450 (or so) minutes of extras. I'm going to buy this, as I never got to see the series when it originally ran or on Cartoon Network in the late 90s. I'm also going to grab Macross Plus, which is considered just as good or better, though it's only a short OVA. Who's seen Robotech? Did you love it or hate it? Think you'll pick it up now that the entire series is available for only 100 bucks? One really interesting thing about the show that I heard once--and I don't know how reliable it is--is that the ending was so violent it was pulled from Japanese TV on its original release. I have no idea if this is the same ending that is in the Media Blasters release, or even which series it's supposedly a part of, but I'm very interested if anyone happens to know more about this landmark anime.

WonderingBeaner
11-09-2005, 04:47 AM
it has been a while since I saw this anime in spanish If you can find the whole entire series in that language I'll be greatful for the rest of my life...

T-MaN
11-11-2005, 04:20 AM
I watched part of it, and I'm stoked to see how it ends. I don't know about the other two show you mentioned, but Macross Plus is definetly worth the money.

escobert
11-11-2005, 06:25 AM
I used o own it when I was 8 or 9 xD wish I still had it.