PDA

View Full Version : Changing Trade Rules

Carfax
11-09-2005, 11:11 AM
Hi all,

I seem to be stuck with the "Direct" rule in cards. Is there any way to change this to any of the others? I've tried the guy at Balamb harbour, but he just spams Direct now!

Thanks

GunbladeMaster
11-09-2005, 11:26 AM
i though that if you play with other people in different regions than eventually after playing enough games then the rule will be abolished

correct me if im wrong

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
11-09-2005, 12:56 PM
What does the direct rule do? Any way it worked for me. i had no trading rules (AND I LOVED IT!!!)

Carfax
11-09-2005, 01:23 PM
Any card turned over to one sides colour is kept by that side, even if that side loses the game. It's a pain when using any high level one time only cards as if you lose one, you may aswell reset and load unless you fancy winning that card back.

Right now I'm trying to get Doomtrain off the guy in the Timber pub, but using the direct rule makes this hard, as Doomtrain has "A" in the bottom and left sides of the card, which he always places in the top right corner. All I can do is hope to get the first placing in the game, or win by the Same or Plus rule, but being it takes so long to get Doomtrain to spawn this could end up taking ages :rolleyes2

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
11-09-2005, 01:45 PM
oh yeah!! i remember now Thanks. Anyway....

GunbladeMaster
11-09-2005, 04:12 PM
u just gotta save and keep trying
luck plays a heavy role here :)

SeeDRankLou
11-09-2005, 08:27 PM
I don't know if this will work for every region, but playing the Queen of Cards and getting her to use the various trading rules made other regions start using different trading rules. For example, Balamb Garden uses the One trading rule. I went to Balamb, played the Queen of Cards and got her to use the All rule. I played a few people in Balamb and they started using the All rule. Then I back to Balamb Garden and they started using the All rule. And I went to Timber and after a few games they started using the All rule. And it has gone like this for the duration of the game (I'm only in the middle of disc 2 where I have done this, so I haven't had a chance to try to get the Doomtrain card yet).