PDA

View Full Version : The mysterious voice

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
11-09-2005, 06:50 PM
In the game when cloud goes unconcious or falls asleep (e.g. when he falls through the church roof, when he sleeps at aeris' house, when he sleeps in the woman's house at junon, etc) who or what is the mysterious voice that appears as grey font on the black background?

I have thought of three possibilities.
1. Cloud's subconcious - his lack of memory is torturing him
2. It's sephirtoh inside his head, trying to control him
3. It's the same voice the clones hear that tell them to go to the reunion.

If anyone could clear this up it would be much appreciated. I've sussed this storyline apart from this factor.

GunbladeMaster
11-09-2005, 06:54 PM
its Sephiroth
we find that out later

and it would also be Sephiroth that the clones hear as well
cas theyre basically just like Cloud

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
11-09-2005, 07:07 PM
ta chuck ;)

Erdrick Holmes
11-09-2005, 07:34 PM
It's Cloud's true memory talking. It got seal up in his mind after the Sephiroth incident 5 years ago. He kept beleiving in himself for so long that he was in SOLDIER that he even beleived it himself.

Winter Nights
11-09-2005, 07:44 PM
It's not Sepheroth, as it spends a great deal of time talking about Cloud's past. Only Cloud's real self would know those details.

GunbladeMaster
11-09-2005, 07:47 PM
well fine

boys from the dwarf
11-09-2005, 08:01 PM
there clouds real memories trying to escape so they could also be called his subconcious.

Light Mage
11-09-2005, 08:34 PM
I thought it was always Zack, after all if Cloud's mind also had Zack's memories, perhaps also had a part of his subconcious, talking to him...

Didn't the voice stop after the events of what happened to Cloud and Tifa in the Lifestream?

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
11-09-2005, 09:02 PM
I thought it was always Zack, after all if Cloud's mind also had Zack's memories, perhaps also had a part of his subconcious, talking to him...

Didn't the voice stop after the events of what happened to Cloud and Tifa in the Lifestream?
I agree with this

Masamune·1600
11-09-2005, 10:58 PM
The voice is Cloud's subconscious.

To begin, note the following sequence in Lower Junon, where Cloud has an extended "conversation" with the voice while dreaming.

???: ...That reminds me.

Cloud: You again? ...Who are you?

???: ...You'll find out soon. ......But more importantly, 5 years
ago...

Cloud: 5 Years ago... Nibelheim?

???: When you went to Mt. Nibel then, Tifa was your guide, right?

Cloud: Yeah... I was surprised.

???: But where was Tifa other than that?

Cloud: ...I dunno.

???: It was a great chance for you two to see each other again.

Cloud: ...You're right.

???: Why couldn't you see each other alone?

Cloud: ...I don't know. I can't remember clearly...

???: Why don't you try asking Tifa?

Cloud: ...Yeah.

???: Then, get up!

Here, we see the voice attempting to cause Cloud to question his warped memory of the events of the Nibelheim disaster. This would eliminate the possibility of Sephiroth, as it would certainly have been detrimental to Sephiroth's plans for Cloud to recover his memory, and strengthen his self-awareness. As Sephiroth would have wanted to destabilize and confuse Cloud (refer, obviously, to the events in the Whirlwind Maze), one can logically dismiss Sephiroth as the "voice."

Moreover, Cloud encounters the voice during the opening mission of the game. While the line was somewhat ambiguous, it took place before Sephiroth/JENOVA had begun to actively move toward Reunion and manipulate those involved.

Also note that the second time the voice appears (again early on, after falling down into the Church in the Slums), it seems to express both a concern for and a familiarity with Cloud.

??: ......You all right? ......Can you hear me?

Cloud: ......Yeah......

???: Back then...... You could get by with just skinned knees......

Cloud: ......What do you mean by 'back then'?

???: What about now? Can you get up?

Cloud: ......What do you mean by 'back time'? ......What about now?

???: ......Don't worry about me. You just worry about yourself now.

Cloud: ......I'll give it a try.

Ignoring the fact that the other supposed agents of the voice were not yet active, the voice explicitly refers to memories (specifically, "skinned knees") that only Cloud himself could have.

Note what one of the aspects of Cloud says when Cloud recovers his memories and his self-awareness in the Lifestream.

Shadow Cloud: I don't remember the path I walked. Tifa missed her step. I ran to
her... but didn't make it in time. Both of us fell off the cliff. Back then, I
only scarred my knees but......

Again, reference is made to "only [skinning] my knees." As this memory was a part of Cloud's self-realization, it's also apparent that the voice might even during that early scene have been trying to steer Cloud back toward reality. In any case, only Cloud (and, by extension, his subconscious) would have been aware of that.

Thus, it should be very clear that Cloud's subconscious is the mysterious voice he hears throughout most of the game.

Reign
11-09-2005, 11:09 PM
The voice is Cloud's subconscious.

To begin, note the following sequence in Lower Junon, where Cloud has an extended "conversation" with the voice while dreaming.

Here, we see the voice attempting to cause Cloud to question his warped memory of the events of the Nibelheim disaster. This would eliminate the possibility of Sephiroth, as it would certainly have been detrimental to Sephiroth's plans for Cloud to recover his memory, and strengthen his self-awareness. As Sephiroth would have wanted to destabilize and confuse Cloud (refer, obviously, to the events in the Whirlwind Maze), one can logically dismiss Sephiroth as the "voice."

Moreover, Cloud encounters the voice during the opening mission of the game. While the line was somewhat ambiguous, it took place before Sephiroth/JENOVA had begun to actively move toward Reunion and manipulate those involved.

Also note that the second time the voice appears (again early on, after falling down into the Church in the Slums), it seems to express both a concern for and a familiarity with Cloud.

Ignoring the fact that the other supposed agents of the voice were not yet active, the voice explicitly refers to memories (specifically, "skinned knees") that only Cloud himself could have.

Note what one of the aspects of Cloud says when Cloud recovers his memories and his self-awareness in the Lifestream.

Again, reference is made to "only [skinning] my knees." As this memory was a part of Cloud's self-realization, it's also apparent that the voice might even during that early scene have been trying to steer Cloud back toward reality. In any case, only Cloud (and, by extension, his subconscious) would have been aware of that.

Thus, it should be very clear that Cloud's subconscious is the mysterious voice he hears throughout most of the game.

Well, you got to agree... that is pretty accurate. Kickass, Masamune∙1600!!

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
11-10-2005, 08:34 PM
everyone aplaud M1600 for that marvelous rendition. i think he deserves a wowwipop. thanks muchly dude :D

CloUdZ
11-11-2005, 12:24 AM
yes it was young cloud all along this while that is talking to him....

you see :
when he was at aeris's house , they went to sleep and the mysterious voice said..."i never slept in a bed like this for a long time" this indicates that there are 2 clouds in cloud's body , 1 is the failed project of hojo and the other is the one who died during his fight with sephiroth when he was young

oh and if u played to disc 2 u will noe what is happening too....

Sephitachi7
11-11-2005, 03:23 AM
Cloud never died. He also wasn't a failed Hojo project. Zack and Cloud were injected with Jenova cells after Cloud threw Sephiroth into the depths of the reactor. Then they would both escape and go on a truck to Midgar. Right before they arrived, Zack would be killed protecting Cloud, and this is when Cloud takes Zack's clothes, sword, and even his personality. This is when FF7 begins.

I agree with you about it being young Cloud though, CloudZ. If you notice before giving Sephiroth the Black Materia after the Temple of Ancients, who is telling him to stop and to not be afraid? Young Cloud.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
11-11-2005, 03:16 PM
that's rite, apart from a few details.

cloud din't take zack's clothes, he had his own set which zack gave him
ff7 didn't start immediately after that. if u can remember, there is a scene when cloud is in the lifestream where tifa finds cloud at the train station in secotr 7, he is going "ooh aagh so on and on" and he has buster sword.

Bubbles1230
11-15-2005, 10:58 PM
Also, you know its his subconcious in the honeybee inn in Sector 6(if you went there went the fat guy gave you the members card.) If you went to the #%$* room or whatever it's called, you see a transparent Cloud sitting on the floor. He talks to you, forgot what he said, but it's in the same category of what the other "voices" were saying, which gives it away. It is Clouds Subconcious.