PDA

View Full Version : Weirdest FF Glitch

Jessweeee♪
11-09-2005, 11:14 PM
I don't think it was a glitch, but it was odd...

I was playing FFVIII and I was at Ulti's castle, fighting the Tripoint (not ready for the castle quite yet :\) I only had the GF seal unlocked and all my character's were KO'd. Phoenix came and dealt some damage, but i didn't have ressurection unlocked so my party was still out. Instead of just having a Game Over, Phoenix just kept coming, like seven more times i think, before finally letting it go and GAME OVER.

and...

Walking with just Squall and Rinoa in your party and placing it just right so it appears Squall is wearing a blue dress.

FFX- Summoning the Mangnus (i think that's what they were called) Sisters (aquired by Action Replay, which can cause many, many glitches) my game messed up and when the other two party members left the screen, Yuna kept running in circles and you could hear several people running though it was just her, in circles.

Share some of your glitches!

rubah
11-10-2005, 12:30 AM
that would've been awesome if phoenix had killed tripoint and you still game overed xD

I had something weird happen in ff8 in esthar once. Fighting elnoyles and the battle field turned really weird colors.

Azure Chrysanthemum
11-10-2005, 01:01 AM
Using the "Sketch an invisible monster" glitch when I was little, I sketched the Red Dragon in the Phoenix Cave in FFVI when I was about ten. The game went a bit nuts, and Setzer gained bunch of strange abilities with really interesting names, but that could only target himself and his party. I eventually decided on the one that targeted himself to be on the safe side, and he used an attack that looked like General Leo's "Shock". He then was listed as wounded, but he remained alive and floating, using the attack command every turn and without me having any control over him.

After I defeated the Red Dragon, I checked my inventory and found, among other things, several million dirks, 8 Atma Weapons, 75 Illuminas, about 140 Paladin Shields, and about 6 Gem Boxes.

DJZen
11-10-2005, 02:35 AM
The sketch Gau bug is always fun. I think I got something like 5,000 Sky Renders from that, and a whole ton of other stuff that was slightly less useful. FFVI is notorious for being glitchy. Most of it is benign graphical errors but some of it will REALLY mess up your game.

Masamune·1600
11-10-2005, 03:55 AM
Hmm...

I once encountered a particularly strange glitch playing FFV. For no reason (there was nothing, such as Relm's Sketch bug, to induce it), I went into battle to find the colors horribly off, the screen upside down, a counter marking down the seconds in a non-timed fight, and fighting (discolored, and upside down) enemies that did not correspond to the background location of the battle, which itself did not correspond to where the random encounter took place. The damage dealt by both my characters and the enemies was completely random, and the enemies survived far more damage than their HP allowed for.

Slade
11-10-2005, 06:00 AM
I remember while fighting Griever in VIII I used Ifrit, straight after his meteor hit the entire screen, characters, feild and Greiver all got covered in back pixels. They didnt go away untill I summoned another GF.
Ive had that Pheonix one happen to me aswell. It was also when I was fighting Tripoint.
There was heaps in VII but I cant remember them at the moment...

six underground
11-10-2005, 02:01 PM
in tactics i opened a file and Ramza became a Sorcerer, had like a 20++ Speed stat, humongous strength and magic and had All-Magic as an ability. I tried to save it :save: >) but when i loaded it he was back to being a squire.

Fireblade13
11-10-2005, 09:23 PM
Lulu's dress got messed up like janet jackson!:eek:

TurkSlayer
11-10-2005, 09:27 PM
I like FFVI's Vanish and X-Zone/Doom trick, as well as the 9999 JP trick in FFT. I didn't use them on my first play through, but there nice on the second ones. Especially the FFT one, because it allows me to create the warriors I always wanted without too much training.

I kinda like the ability to walk through people in FFIX, too.

Dreddz
11-10-2005, 09:28 PM
when I had FFVII for my PS1 back in 1997, It always did smurfed up things, the screen went blank one time and I could just run around, but stopping in places like an invisible wall. I guess this was just my PS1 or FFVII broken. Nope, mever found a glitch in a game, there all done to perfection ......

DJZen
11-10-2005, 09:35 PM
Many times while playing FFVIII the colors would suddenly go completely wrong. It was kind of a cool effect, actually. Like somehow Squall had just dropped a tab.

Neo_SiLenT
11-11-2005, 06:09 PM
In FF7 you can dupe items doing the xoxoxxoxoxo tricking with W-item

DJZen
11-12-2005, 01:23 AM
In FFVII you can bring Aeris back to life if you beat Cheese WEAPON. It's totally true.

Necron
11-12-2005, 04:01 PM
Perhaps the colour changing glitch is due to scratches on the disc.

Zeromus_X
11-12-2005, 07:20 PM
in ff5, if you use osmose/asper sword on neo x-death, the thousands place goes all glitchy.(think half a mute symbol and an old man's head glitchy...) its on the rom and the ps1 remake.

and in ff5, if you play it on a ps2, sometimes menus go glitchy. (although you can still navigate them. seriously, my partys sprites were kneeling, and the background had hiragana on it...)

and, yet again, in ff5, i was playing it on my really old, original model ps1, (which by all standards shouldnt work anymore) which doesnt always read the discs right, i was in the torna canal, an the water was glitchy. i even was sailing through walls:eek: then, i ran into a bunch of monsters i shouldnt have encountered till the third world...i got my ass handed to me on a silver platter. :D

and regarding the sketch glitch...i got a half imped, floating, confused, condemned general leo, hovering on the top of the screen. that glitch always has the most hilarious results:p

Destai
11-12-2005, 08:02 PM
The only ones coming to mindare when I used "explorer" cartiridges on FFVII to have Sephiroth and Aeris in my party. All the game did was freeze or have two sephsor Aerises accompany Cloud from the start.

DJZen
11-12-2005, 08:34 PM
Perhaps the colour changing glitch is due to scratches on the disc.

Actually my discs are all in really good condition. I checked several times for that, and it happens across all of the discs. I'm not sure what triggers it, but it doesn't render the game unplayable, and it doesn't last after the fight, so it just amuses me.

silentenigma
11-14-2005, 01:45 AM
In FFVII about a year ago, I was leveling up on the 1st disk on a bunch of those worms. I was at about level 50 or so and kicking ass when all of the sudden the worm did the sand storm (or something) ability and it dealt 7777 damage to each person when it normally deals about 300. Everyone died.

I laughed and named that the day on which I was screwed by FFVII.

Pouring Rain
11-14-2005, 02:01 AM
I was playing FF8 during Disk Two, I think. It might of been Disk 3. Anyway, I was fighting Raijin when all of a sudden everything went green, so I just kept fighting the boss then everything turned into grass so I couldn't do anything and then during the match between Raijin and Fuijin the colors inverted and then everything turned green and it was just weird! xD

Bowser
11-14-2005, 02:26 AM
In FFVII you can bring Aeris back to life if you beat Cheese WEAPON. It's totally true.

You forgot the best part! She comes back with Zacks hair. And if you select Masamune in the items screen, and you have 99 Tissues, you can play as Seto.

In FFVII, when you have to build the Midgar model, the colors were really freaky and I couldn't fight.

My favorite glitch has to be the Sketch one. One time I had 23 Relms in my items list!

DJZen
11-14-2005, 04:46 AM
Did you sell them? How much did they go for?

Jet_Jockey
11-15-2005, 02:27 PM
[QUOTE] In FFVII about a year ago, I was leveling up on the 1st disk on a bunch of those worms. I was at about level 50 or so and kicking ass when all of the sudden the worm did the sand storm (or something) ability and it dealt 7777 damage to each person when it normally deals about 300. Everyone died.

I laughed and named that the day on which I was screwed by FFVII [QUOTE]

1.thats the lucky 7 cheat, it aint a glitch, i guess monsters can get it too? (thats how u beat ruby weapon easily).

2. After a while on FF7 you get so much money u run out of spcae for it, the gil counter only goes up to a billion or something after that, it goes all glitchy. (another myth that this gives you a card which u use in Kalm to get into a secret town)

3. in FF8 when u try and devour someone. What the smurf?
"censored... please wait..."
(OHH BS!!!)

Fireblade13
11-15-2005, 09:22 PM
No one wants to comment my dis to lulu! Oh well I just want a glitch that makes tidus put on some pants.

Jessweeee♪
11-15-2005, 10:38 PM
oh...i forgot about the devour thing...
i guess it's not really a glitch but it's still pretty funny to see the effects of eating different monsters. and i'll have to try the lucky 7 deal.

my ffviii got the messed up color thing too. I thing it was just the 4th disc though. Because when i fought adel, the screen froze for a moment and moved slowly whenever she used earthquake.

* White Aeris *
11-16-2005, 04:42 PM
ah, that earthquake thing happened to me too! For all of the 4th disk every Earthquake it went slow!!!! Uber weird!!! then on the other disks it worked fine!

DarkLadyNyara
11-16-2005, 09:29 PM
Lulu's dress got messed up like janet jackson!:eek:
Damn, how come I dont get glitches like that? :mad:

RaidenWeb17
11-27-2005, 06:50 AM
my FF8 does that same thing on all the disks. I remember fighting Ifrit it did that and went all weird. It looked cool but I was worried that my disk was scratched then i looked and it was fine.

ffxfreak93
11-27-2005, 07:06 AM
i was playing ffx and i was going to do an over drive and it frose on me for like 10 seconds and then it was returned to normal

also i was fighting that one monster in bajj temple and he got one of my people and sucked them in and then i deafetead him and he does the thing were he spits out the person and killed all my people(he was supposed to be dead because i took all his hp out) and i got a game over

also in ff7 in a random battle once i win it doesn't play the victory but still continues with the battle theme and then after 5 seconds it starts playing the victory fanfare

Starboard Regulator FlareNUKE
11-27-2005, 07:36 AM
Make sure you're discs are clean and your PS/PS2 lens is working right, I had a glitches like this before, they can be solved by replacing or cleaning your discs. In Final Fantasy VIII when I won a battle they should there, no victory pose, no command menu, nothing. In Final Fantasy VII I found Yuffie in Mideel Area and the battle would go crazy, the command menu would dissapear and I had to press ANALOG for it to show up. and X would do the things Δ was supposed to do.

Reles
11-27-2005, 07:51 AM
Mhm, in FF3, I didn't really realize it when it happened, but I went to look at my items and I had 99 of everything, even items that I wasn't suppose to have until near the end of the game. My brother was trying to tell me how I did it, >.> something about Relm and fighting in the desert, I dunno. o.o But it was pretty cool.

Necron
11-27-2005, 04:21 PM
Actually my discs are all in really good condition. I checked several times for that, and it happens across all of the discs. I'm not sure what triggers it, but it doesn't render the game unplayable, and it doesn't last after the fight, so it just amuses me.

Do you play the games on the Ps2 or Ps1?
That can make them glitchy I've heard.

There is no such thing as the Cheese WEAPON. (Or were you been sarcastic, I can never tell :P)

Azure
11-27-2005, 07:45 PM
There is no such thing as the Cheese WEAPON. (Or were you been sarcastic, I can never tell :P)

There totally is. You just have to beat all of the WEAPONS in the combined time of five minutes, then go to Niblehiem and play the Cheese theme on Tifa's piano, which is:

X,O,O,O,O,O,X,O,X,O

Then you get an item called a Cheese Trap. Go to the Chocobo Sages house, and he'll upgrade it to a Cheese Materia. Equip it, and run around, and sooner or later the Cheese Weapon will fly down to fight.

ffxfreak93
11-28-2005, 12:21 AM
lol

crono_logical
11-28-2005, 12:39 AM
The Cheese weapon reminds me about the polka-dot chocobo :p

TheSpoonyBard
11-28-2005, 01:01 AM
I'm suprised noone's mentioned this yet.

http://img149.exs.cx/img149/7922/funny.jpg

ffxfreak93
11-28-2005, 01:23 AM
what the hell is that?

TheSpoonyBard
11-28-2005, 01:25 AM
Can you not read? It's Chocobo Weapon.:p

ffxfreak93
11-28-2005, 01:35 AM
i meant it in a different way....

TheSpoonyBard
11-28-2005, 01:54 AM
I know, I was being sarcastic. It's something I found on Google. It's quite obvious that it is a photoshopped image, but it can still fool a few people new to the game.

ffxfreak93
11-28-2005, 01:59 AM
true...

Khaotic
11-28-2005, 02:36 AM
There totally is. You just have to beat all of the WEAPONS in the combined time of five minutes, then go to Niblehiem and play the Cheese theme on Tifa's piano, which is:

X,O,O,O,O,O,X,O,X,O

Then you get an item called a Cheese Trap. Go to the Chocobo Sages house, and he'll upgrade it to a Cheese Materia. Equip it, and run around, and sooner or later the Cheese Weapon will fly down to fight.
:eek: really? I'm gonna try that right now :)

Bahamut, King of Dragons
11-29-2005, 03:44 AM
I remember while fighting Griever in VIII I used Ifrit, straight after his meteor hit the entire screen, characters, feild and Greiver all got covered in back pixels. They didnt go away untill I summoned another GF.

That happened to me as well when I summoned Ifrit on the train fighting Gerogero. They never went away, though...

X-Dragon
12-08-2005, 09:30 PM
I picked up an item while playing FF7 and it said i got the last Elixer or something

TheSpoonyBard
12-08-2005, 11:22 PM
It is just a mistranslation of Megalixir.

NeoCracker
12-11-2005, 02:37 AM
I have no idea what i did, but in ff6 on teh super, i was in a pincer attack wiht 2 tyrano things in the forest and had relm with a Magic brush equicped. when i sketched the t-rex thing, the screen freeked for a moment, i only had two members, Leo and Celes, and the Rex attacked with meteor doiing 9999 to my party. Dont really know what it was, but i got my but kicked that day, :(

TheSpoonyBard
12-11-2005, 03:03 AM
There are many glitches involving Relm's Sketch. Usually the result is multiple items (99 Illuminas are very welcome), but occassionally something similar to that which you descibed occurs.

Yuffie514
12-11-2005, 05:30 AM
back in the n00b days, i mentioned a glitch that can be caused if Edea/Seifer are enabled, etc. it always take effect in the last battle with Ultimecia. just a few nights ago, my characters we're looking all transparent, kind of like when Rinoa casts Invincible Moon on them...

NeoCracker
12-11-2005, 09:16 PM
Another one was X. I was in the last fight with semour, and the first thing i did was summon ifrit. What i didn't realize is that semour would consecutavly use whatever spell he was currently set on until the aeon dies. So the turns went something like this, Firaga, Firaga, Firaga, Firaga, Firaga, Firaga, Firaga, Firaga, Firaga, Firaga, Firaga, Firaga, Firaga, Firaga, Firaga, Firaga, Firaga, Firaga, Firaga, Firaga, Firaga, Firaga,Firaga, Firaga, Firaga, and then i reseted.

Maby i should post this in Newb mistakes to.

Starboard Regulator FlareNUKE
12-12-2005, 11:31 AM
Sketching will mess up everything, you could even have your data completely erased...

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
12-20-2005, 03:11 PM
the phoenix glitch isn't a glitch. you have to unlock resurrection.

Memoria
12-20-2005, 10:01 PM
I was leveling up in FFVII once (a rare thing for me to do - I'm usually underleveled, I love a challenge!) because I wanted to get Barret a new limit break after Mindblow. So I had the boys from the beginning in my party. Cloud, Barret, and Nanaki. We fought this battle, and I use Cloud's Cross-Slash to finish the battle. The victory theme cued up, then... they started their victory dance.

And that's all that happened. They kept going, after the victory theme was finished and everything...! I dunno what happened to make it to do that, but it was annoying after about ten minutes.

Memoria
12-20-2005, 10:04 PM

I... can't... stop laughing!!!!!!! :lol: :hahaha:

Jessweeee♪
12-29-2005, 06:21 PM

err...what's wrong with Yuffie there? She lookes like some deformed cat!

KoShiatar
12-29-2005, 08:38 PM
She's just kneeling because she's on low HP.

Jessweeee♪
12-30-2005, 05:21 PM
oh...I see...
Here's another Glitch.

I was at the ShinRa tower climbing all of those steps. I got to the top...and...the door...wouldn't...open...

* White Aeris *
12-30-2005, 06:26 PM
ooh, bummer!

Alexander
12-31-2005, 01:06 AM
Sketch. By far. I got 99 Atma Weapons, 152 Cursed Shields, and a LOT of Paladin Shields, Illuminas, Enhancers, X-Potions, etc etc, that glitch is hilarious XDDDD

Jessweeee♪
01-01-2006, 08:53 PM
Well, the door did eventually open, but it took about ten minutes, I was NOT going to let all that climbing amount to nothing.