PDA

View Full Version : What song is this from FF8?!?

Griever Zero
11-10-2005, 02:35 AM
Alright,

near the END of FF8 there was this one friggin song and I loved it...even figured some of it out on guitar and was going to write a song based on it...but I can't find the song or the name of it anywhere!

I've listened to almost all of the OST and can't recognize the song in there!

The song I'm talking about happens near the end when all the stuff is going down...it MIGHT have played before the ending boss battle, I'm not sure, but it was near the end.

Does anyone know if there was a song from FF8 not included in the OST? I listened to all the songs on disk 4 as well trying to find it but I couldn't.

If I have to, I'll record the one and only part I know on guitar and see if you guys recognize it, but I MUST find this song.

Holy_Aeris
11-10-2005, 01:56 PM
Umm if you describe the scene more clearly, like whos doing what, i will be able to help you more.

Mirage
11-10-2005, 03:28 PM
I can't think of a single piece of FF8 music that isn't included in the OST. Maybe it's just a small part of the 13-or-so minutes long ending theme?

Griever Zero
11-10-2005, 04:01 PM
Hmm yeah good point Mirage, I'll have to listen to it again more carefully.

And Holy_Aeris: I wish I could remember! All I know for sure is that there was lots of dialogue, lots of emotional stuff going on and it was near the end of the game. It was about a year ago that I beat it which is why I can't remember the scene(s) with any degree of detail. I guess I'll have to load up my save file and play through the ending of the game again!

Destai
11-10-2005, 04:11 PM
I wonder if its compression of time? Im saying that because I only know it to play at one quick point in the game and ends wuickly but its an awesome song.

Griever Zero
11-10-2005, 04:45 PM
I wonder if its compression of time? Im saying that because I only know it to play at one quick point in the game and ends wuickly but its an awesome song.

HOLY CRAP!!!!! It IS Compression of Time! I just listened to the song more carefully and finally recognized it! DESTAI I LOVE YOU

It's the very first part playing that threw me off...I was like, uhh this sounds like the Esthar theme almost...but then that awesome Chorus-like stuff comes in...THAT's the part I figured out on guitar. Oh man, thanks so much for suggesting it. It was driving me crazy!

I love this song. :love:

Destai
11-10-2005, 04:47 PM
awesome.

Mirage
11-11-2005, 05:12 PM
Oh yeah. That song doesn't seem too good to begin with, but end up pretty nice.