PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy IV NES Prototype

Starboard Regulator FlareNUKE
11-10-2005, 09:14 AM
I know it's old news... but my concern is. Is the ROM available? I'm not asking for links, i'm just asking if it's been leaked, I know a japanese man has the cartridge...

DJZen
11-11-2005, 01:12 AM
There is a rumor that someone in Japan has the prototype. It is not confirmed in anyway and it could easily be a lie. Even if this person does have it, it would barely be playable, simply because a former public relations publicist for Squaresoft stated that it never made it far into development (in fact, she stated that no actual coding was done, making the screenshot most likely conceptual.) She even said that the airship buying idea wasn't even part of the plan.

11-11-2005, 11:42 PM
Yeah, I just found that out.

KoShiatar
11-12-2005, 09:44 PM
I'll bet a good programmer could reverse the game into a playable NES version. If they did it with FF X, they sure can do it with this game as well. But that's all I think you could find...
Anyway, does anyone have a link to those conceptual screenshots or other such material?

DJZen
11-12-2005, 11:56 PM
http://www.warmech.net

11-13-2005, 09:50 AM
That's only one image and it was proven fake... and no info of the game has been leaked so that it could be coded...

DJZen
11-13-2005, 07:33 PM
Yes, that was the CONCEPTUAL screenshot which KoShiatar had just asked for. The only info existing at the time was speculation since no coding had been done. Square abandoned the idea of doing FFIV on the Famicom because a Super Famicom game would obviously be a better choice, so they took the game that was to be FFV and made it what we now call FFIV.

Captain Maxx Power
11-13-2005, 08:49 PM
Square abandoned the idea of doing FFIV on the Famicom because a Super Famicom game would obviously be a better choice, so they took the game that was to be FFV and made it what we now call FFIV.

Either you've typo or I'm very confused.

DJZen
11-14-2005, 12:31 AM
Square was going to make FFIV for the NES. Their first SNES game was going to be called FFV. Then they cancelled FFIV for the NES (which wasn't past the design stages yet, and had no mention of Cecil or any of the others), and simply decided that the game that was being worked on for the SNES would be called FFIV.

Reine
11-14-2005, 11:52 AM
Hmmm, wonder what story we missed out on :D

DJZen
11-16-2005, 12:24 AM
None, they cancelled the game before anything concrete was produced.

11-16-2005, 05:53 AM
So, it was that early that it really doesn't matter

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-01-2005, 10:24 AM
There are also similar mock-up screenshots of FFVII for the SNES. They depicted a party full of summoned beasts. Pretty sure Warmech has them on his site.

12-01-2005, 11:49 PM
Yeah, I seen those...